Maid Cafe

#91 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Jan 31 2010, 07:26 PM, said:

that was in the proposal. There was also some stuff about maid performances and crafts but Nadia ( XcausticXdollX) and I still lost to another group. When the new group decides to show up on the forums I'd take any ideas to them though :3

Oh, sorry. I haven't read the thread in a few months. Well at least this thread can provide some suggestions to them if they do end up reading it.

#92 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Same here, actually . I just saw a lot of conversation and my heart sunk because I realized no one knew that XcausticXdollX and I had stopped being in charge.
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#93 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

Well hopefully there will be others who aren't elitist and would accept tea from a loli rather than a maid?

actually me and a group of friends DIDN'T go to the maid cafe last year -- i think it was at acen but it may have been Youma-- because the girls were all loli and not even maids! why call it that then, huh?! why call it a MAID CAFE then!?
/fumes

lol but seriously, the non-food rule is pretty lame. i liked the idea of the people who volunteer bringing a little bit of 'complimentary' food to get around it. i think that's a good idea. or people planning to go or gofers and such bringing snacks. i've seen plenty of acen panels bring snacks and it was never a problem there...

#94 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

View PostKrystal, on Jan 31 2010, 03:47 PM, said:

Well hopefully there will be others who aren't elitist and would accept tea from a loli rather than a maid?

It does depend on how you advertise it. A girl in lolita garb is NOT a maid. If you advertise it is a maid cafe, you really need maid uniforms. If you make it, say, a cosplay cafe then it'd be fine. At least for me.
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#95 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19837

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Jan 31 2010, 08:47 PM, said:

Same here, actually . I just saw a lot of conversation and my heart sunk because I realized no one knew that XcausticXdollX and I had stopped being in charge.

Officially since it was never announced, LinLinDesu and I were putting together the maid cafe but another group came in the end of 2009 and ACen decided to have them do the maid cafe instead. ACen didn't want food served even though I was going to negotiate with the Hyatt personally to have our maids serve their food. So the other group will be more of a performance group with singing, dancing, playing games with guests, and selling their merchandise toward the end of their performance.

I actually just came back from Ohayocon and accidently hung out with the group doing the maid cafe at ACen...don't ask how it happened but let's just say you never know who you're hanging out with at cons until you ask, lol! As far as I know, they're from Los Angeles and have various "chapters" in other states for their state's respective conventions. As far as ACen's cafe, I think they said they have only 20 maids so far. I don't remember the whole name for their cafe because it's really long, but they performed in conjunction with the "Lolita Crush" panel at Ohayocon so if your interested in them, a simple google search should do the trick.

It was fun planning the maid cafe with you LinLin and listening to everyone's wonderful suggestions! Please keep showing your interest in the new group's maid cafe and support them as much as you have us ^.^

And to the new group, congrats and good luck! Make maid cafes a permanent event at ACen<3 Everyone deserves to experience these slices of Japan's otaku culture :)

Much love,
Nadia aka "XcausticXdollX"
- x c a u s ti c x d o l l x -

#96 User is offline   Deleciel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 48324

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Jan 31 2010, 09:17 PM, said:

actually me and a group of friends DIDN'T go to the maid cafe last year -- i think it was at acen but it may have been Youma-- because the girls were all loli and not even maids! why call it that then, huh?! why call it a MAID CAFE then!?
/fumes

Yeah....that's kind of what I was trying to point out in Krystal's post earlier.

Anime Central 2011:
Deadmau5 head: 40% finished

#97 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Ok, sorry, no need to snap...I'm not really into that culture, so I guess I was being a na´ve american...
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#98 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Maid cafe... must attend... ( beep boop beep beep robot mode )
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#99 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostXcausticXdollX, on Feb 1 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

It was fun planning the maid cafe with you LinLin

The pleasure was all mine Nadia , I had a great time. :3
I hope the new cafe people post on the forums soon , I know there's a lot of people on here that want to get involved .
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#100 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19837

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi again everybody!

I just want to keep this thread alive and everyone's hopes of a maid cafe at ACen this year. Please keep posting all your wonderful suggestions and comments here for the maid cafe. I directed them to this topic so I know they've been reading all your lovely comments :)

Also, please wait for a response from them here on the forums. Keep in mind they're a cross-country club so I believe AKon is next month so they're busy preparing for that con right now. ACen is the next con on their list so don't fret! They'll be here :0:
- x c a u s ti c x d o l l x -

#101 User is offline   StarWalker 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10639

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

View PostXcausticXdollX, on Mar 12 2010, 10:11 AM, said:

Hi again everybody!

I just want to keep this thread alive and everyone's hopes of a maid cafe at ACen this year. Please keep posting all your wonderful suggestions and comments here for the maid cafe. I directed them to this topic so I know they've been reading all your lovely comments :)

Also, please wait for a response from them here on the forums. Keep in mind they're a cross-country club so I believe AKon is next month so they're busy preparing for that con right now. ACen is the next con on their list so don't fret! They'll be here :0:

I hope there is a maid cafe this year, my friend from Japan who will be visiting during the time of the con will be willing to be a maid. She already has a cute maid uniform

#102 User is offline   rokakurumi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59492

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

hmm maybe you can just make it your own cafe for downtown like actuallt turn it to a business im sure it would make alot of money and i would love to be a maid :)
There is no one who dose not carry scars on their heart. If there was someone in the world like that. He would be a shallow soul. - Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

#103 User is offline   MMAOtaku-ESH 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60104

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

I see that the idea of a maid cafe is pretty strong, but has anyone given thought to a cosplay cafe instead. I went to AXs maid cafe, and as good as that was, I think I'd be more interested in a cosplay cafe, especially after rewatching that one lucky star episode.
2012 Cosplay- Lelouch vi Britiania (Ashford Uniform/Zero/Neko)

#104 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Will the mods please kill this thread it's from 2008.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#105 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yeah i think someone should close this thread and put in the archive section and the OP should probably start a new thread with a 2012 tagline in it.
Allen Castillo

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users