• This topic is locked

Maid Cafe

#31 User is offline   Mint 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18047

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:25 PM

OHOHOH!!! MAID CAFE!!! I was thinking of starting one at acen too!! xD
Good thing while I was looking around the forums I found this!!
can we work together?

View PostSookJun, on Oct 9 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

My suggestion was for the guests to order and receive their food through maids but all the food will be from the hotel. We sit them down at a table, they tell us what they want and pay for it, maids take the money and buy the hotel food for them and then serve it to the guest who ordered it.

I think that's a good idea!!!
I was also thinking if acen doesnt let us sell food maybe we can give services or something.
Well like, everyone plays games n stuff, since they have games at maid cafes. xD

I met you on the Radio-Radio.★
FaceBook

#32 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:06 PM

^ yes absolutely!!! the games idea could be good :D if we cant work out food. it can be where the maids just spend time with the guests.
has acen had things like lolita tea parties? i have never looked into those things. but if acen has then maybe we can follow the same format if the tea parties have served food.

i think its time to get a list started of possible maids and butlers! even if this isnt an official event yet, its best to get started just in case it will be :D
if you want to be a maid/butler please tell me so i can add your name to the list!

List of maids and butlers!:
Ritsuka
Mint
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#33 User is offline   Mint 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18047

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

ohoh! add me add me!! i wanna be one!!! >w<

I met you on the Radio-Radio.★
FaceBook

#34 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:39 PM

^ added! :D
we should also start talking about uniforms.
i think its good to have all types of maids to cater to many different tastes~ but i really dont like the idea of super super 'he is my master' skimpy outfits DX what does everyone think??
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#35 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19711

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:14 AM

I am honestly new to this idea, but it sounds cute. I probably wouldn't be a maid, because I'm going to ACen to get AWAY from work. And if I were one, I'd probably the sexless matronly maid stereotype who only serves rich people because of the color of her skin or the language she speaks.

And since I already work in the food industry, I think that outfits should be easy to move in, as opposed to just super cute or skimpy. Especially not skimpy. Do you know about that one coffee shop that tried to make its female workers dress like the Hooters waitresses? Even some of the male workers protested because potential injuries could happen. And ACen is uber-crowded, btw. The potential of bumping into someone or something is really high.

So, I suggest a sort of costume that is already suitable for foodservice (a shirt with sleeves, pants or knee-length skirt) or a cosplay that is stylized to make it look like he or she works in foodservice.

And I totally support the idea of having maids and butlers. And they should be allowed to crossplay, too.
ACen 2011:
Mitsuki Koyama - pink dress (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25% Akiza Izinski/Aki Izayoi (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's) 0% Syrus Truesdale/Shou Marufuji (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) 25% Tea Gardner/Anzu Mazaki - new manga outfit (Yu-Gi-Oh!) 5% Pheonix Wright - pink sweater (Ace Attorney Pheonix Wright: Trials and Tribulations) 10%

#36 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:14 AM

I wouldn't be a maid, but I think this would be an awesome idea and I'd totally attend if it happened.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#37 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Mah, compaired to the price of ACEN food, food from a real Maid Cafe is maybe more expensive. I never buy stuff to eat at the con, but at the cafe I had a app. $5 cup of coffe, the cheapest thing on the list.
Just have people sit near the food area in the vendor room. The maids can take orders and pick up the food from that expensive place. They can deliver it to the tables. It doesn't change anything in the contract and does not go against the rules, all the food bought still comes from the convention center, its just that the con-goers don't place orders and get the food themselves.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#38 User is offline   bexxie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 417

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:51 AM

Ooooh, this sounds like fun. I've always wanted to wear a maid costume, moe, moe! If this happens, sign me up! :3

I like the idea of having the customer ordering and the maids send the order to the restaurant etc., if that's not a problem with the hotel for some reason. How did the other cons do it? Did they not have the same restrictions as ACen?

I'm stuck between everyone having the same uniform or everybody wearing their own "maidy" thing...

Either way, I hope this event pulls through! (:
Hey.

#39 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

I could join, but sadly I could not supply myself with a dress T_T
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#40 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Ritsuka ! put me on the list xD
I'm still sad that so far no one has given us a red or green light about this...
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#41 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

We have run one at Anime North for the last couple of years. Some advice:

Do not serve full meals or even snacks, beverage and a dessert only anything more becomes an nightmare in terms of stocking, serving, and cleaning up. It is also easier to get from the hotel and will keep the price down, hotels sell hot food at far more inflated prices then unbox and serve food.

Have set seating times, every half hour usually works well. This allows for 20 min for seating time and 10 min of turn time which is needed.

All seating times are by ticket only ticket blocks open 1hr before the seating time. So for a 11am seating time the ticket block opens at 10am, 11:30am at 10:30am so on and so on. This prevents people from needing to be in line at the crack of dawn (which will happen if you let it) in order to get a spot at any time.

IRT will have to be around the whole time, the "odd" people will come out in force.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#42 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19837

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Omigod, yes YES! Pick me, pick me! Lol! I would love to be a maid, heck I'd do it for free! I've worked in resturant service all my life so I have experience AND I know everything there is about a maid cafe! So I'm a perfect candidate :lol: Just hit me up because I seriously will do this and I can even provide my own outfit!
- x c a u s ti c x d o l l x -

#43 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

hey... so.....
is this idea a no go or what?
anyone?
we seem to have A LOT of volunteers...
but it's pointless to plan if it's planning for nothing T^T
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#44 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Jan 8 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

hey... so.....
is this idea a no go or what?
anyone?
we seem to have A LOT of volunteers...
but it's pointless to plan if it's planning for nothing T^T

Well, I'd volunteer to be the main coordinator since I favor myself a closet maid-cafe fanatic but I'm kind of not in the country for a few months with limited resources to put this altogether <_< . But whoever leads us, I will most definitely follow you and help once I get out of this stupid country I'm stuck in now :( All the suggestions so far are excellent so whoever is willing to put this forward to the Acen, keep all of those suggestions in mind. I'm pretty sure if we cover all bases with this, Acen would be more than happy to give us the OK on making this happen. Now all we need is someone willing to take the responsibility and talk to Acen as to what we need to make it happen. We can even form a committee to coordinate it once we know what to do to help make the maid-cafe run smoothly as possible.

#45 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

Since I'm so totally bored at work and couldn't wait (lol), I emailed the ACen staff already to find out what we're going to need to make this happen. I'll let you guys know the word on it as soon as I get an email back from them. Cross your fingers guys!

#46 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Just letting you guys know that I tried to contact the events people via email but the email doesn't seem to be working. So I'm just going to send them a letter about it all and include my email so they can contact me with a working email so we can get started on planning the cafe. That's all I have for now. I'll let you guys know what's up as soon as they respond!

#47 User is offline   Kyu_sama 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19132

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

this would be awesome

id love for this to be at acen
ACen 2014 photos: http://www.facebook....20806810&type=1
2014 Fairy Tail shoot: https://www.facebook...85571810&type=1
ACen 2015 Goal: $500 +hotel (progress: $0)
ACen 2015 cosplay: Ultimate spiderman (miles morales), Anbu black ops, Gray Fullbuster (with ice-make arrow), Scorpio (fairy tail)
ACen 2015 cosplay progress: U. Spiderman-99%, Anbu-0%, Gray-0%, Scorpio -0%
Hardcore Synergy + Soap Bubble = awesomeness!

#48 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

View PostXcausticXdollX, on Jan 8 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

Well, I'd volunteer to be the main coordinator since I favor myself a closet maid-cafe fanatic but I'm kind of not in the country for a few months with limited resources to put this altogether <_< . But whoever leads us, I will most definitely follow you and help once I get out of this stupid country I'm stuck in now :( All the suggestions so far are excellent so whoever is willing to put this forward to the Acen, keep all of those suggestions in mind. I'm pretty sure if we cover all bases with this, Acen would be more than happy to give us the OK on making this happen. Now all we need is someone willing to take the responsibility and talk to Acen as to what we need to make it happen. We can even form a committee to coordinate it once we know what to do to help make the maid-cafe run smoothly as possible.

Thanks ! my friend and I were already planning to coordinate everything ...
but unless we know what we need to do to make this a reality by around march, it's probably a no go.
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#49 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Jan 9 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

Thanks ! my friend and I were already planning to coordinate everything ...
but unless we know what we need to do to make this a reality by around march, it's probably a no go.

If you want I can send the letter after my shift but it'll take about 3 days for them to get it and who knows how long it'll take for them to respond D: The emails aren't working so I think we need to sign up for a panel. I've been researching a bit at work and they have a panel paper to fill out somewhere in the forums since every con that had a maid cafe made their cafes into panels. I think that if we can at least get the ok for the panel then we can figure out the specifics and MAN the specifics are mind-boggling! Lulz! If there's anything I can do to help I'd be more than happy to :lol: ! I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere for a few months so I won't be able to do anything until I get back in April, but I'm a fast worker and I'll be there for sure! If you want to contact me out of the forums my email is: divahope02@yahoo.com. If you want to interview me or anything, I got a resume ready to go but unfortantely I can't be interviewed in person until I'm back in the country again :( If you want I could send a video via youtube (like MTV's auditions for the Real World kind of thing just for a maid position instead, ha ha!) I'm so ready to see this thing happen and much luck getting this all set-up! :)

#50 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

View PostXcausticXdollX, on Jan 9 2009, 08:37 PM, said:

If you want I can send the letter after my shift but it'll take about 3 days for them to get it and who knows how long it'll take for them to respond D: The emails aren't working so I think we need to sign up for a panel. I've been researching a bit at work and they have a panel paper to fill out somewhere in the forums since every con that had a maid cafe made their cafes into panels. I think that if we can at least get the ok for the panel then we can figure out the specifics and MAN the specifics are mind-boggling! Lulz! If there's anything I can do to help I'd be more than happy to :lol: ! I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere for a few months so I won't be able to do anything until I get back in April, but I'm a fast worker and I'll be there for sure! If you want to contact me out of the forums my email is: divahope02@yahoo.com. If you want to interview me or anything, I got a resume ready to go but unfortantely I can't be interviewed in person until I'm back in the country again :( If you want I could send a video via youtube (like MTV's auditions for the Real World kind of thing just for a maid position instead, ha ha!) I'm so ready to see this thing happen and much luck getting this all set-up! :)

Thank you *^o^*. The idea of a panel was brought up. Our main problem, Food and payment. We're not even sure food can be sold at the con other then the normal Convention Center Cafe. Now, loop holes HAVE been brought up. But, it's still beyond us whether this will be a panel, another sort of event, or an idea gone to waste.
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#51 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Jan 10 2009, 12:12 AM, said:

Thank you *^o^*. The idea of a panel was brought up. Our main problem, Food and payment. We're not even sure food can be sold at the con other then the normal Convention Center Cafe. Now, loop holes HAVE been brought up. But, it's still beyond us whether this will be a panel, another sort of event, or an idea gone to waste.

Nooooo! Don't give up hope so quickly! Lol! Hmm, I'd contact ACen to find out about the food issue when you get the chance. I've sent a total of 3 emails within the last 24 hrs. to 3 different email addresses about that but 2 I haven't received a reply from and one I got the "email no longer exists" email back. It seems like some kind of direct contact with the ACen staff is our only option at this point like a letter or phone call (I'd go with a phone call since it's quick and painless) I've read in other forums of cons that had maid cafes that they just served the food provided by the hotel. It sounds pretty do-able but then again we still have to get ACen to give us the ok as far as food's concerned.

#52 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Ok, I got a reply from the ACen Panel Programming Head of Department and here's what he basically emailed me:
Hello (I omitted my real name here):

Here's The thing about maid cafe's (and i don't believe that you're
the first one to come to ACen with this idea):

I know for sure being with ACen Staff for 8 years now that there's
going to be a problem when it comes to food and beverage in the hotel.

Even if we were to put it in the convention center, they still don't
want any outside food in there, whither it's not charged for or free.

We have problems with this matter each year with staff alone.....

As for the Hyatt catering the cafe......*shrugs* It could happen, but
if I'm not mistaken, you'll have to pay for it.

Tell you what,

There's a staff meeting tomorrow at the Hyatt. Let me ask some
convention officers and Maps Officials about your options, and see
what we can and cannot do with this matter.

If we CAN do something, this would be a job for special events, not
panel programming.

You'll be hearing from me soon, so keep your ears open.

-Frank Ketter

Panel Programming Department Head (2009)

---------
So everyone keep your fingers crossed and dream of frilly maids at ACen '09! And LinLinDesu, if you want, you can go ahead and get in touch with Frank and let him know you're actually the one in charge of making the maid cafe. I'll forward his response to you in a PM if you want, but I'll let you take care of contacting ACen from this point on. I really hope I didn't step on your toes with contacting ACen, I was just so excited about the idea of a maid cafe at Acen this year and really wanted to see this become a reality than just another great idea gone to linger on the forum, sorries :(

#53 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostXcausticXdollX, on Jan 10 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

And LinLinDesu, if you want, you can go ahead and get in touch with Frank and let him know you're actually the one in charge of making the maid cafe.

dont forget about me! D:!!!
just joking XD
i've opted out on doing the maid cafe as i have decided not to go to acen at all. so yes linlin is the main one in charge :D linlin if you need any help i am here of course!
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]

#54 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

View Postxritsupon, on Jan 11 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

dont forget about me! D:!!!
just joking XD
i've opted out on doing the maid cafe as i have decided not to go to acen at all. so yes linlin is the main one in charge :D linlin if you need any help i am here of course!

My goodness I'm so sorry about that xritsupon! >_____<" Linlindesu told me her and a friend were doing it but I didn't know it was you....my bad, my bad! I'll make sure you're properly credited as well even if you aren't going...aww! You won't be there to see it happen! If the maid cafe is a go, we'll take many pics to send to you ^^

#55 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10165

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

ooo i'd like to check that out. I wouldn't dress up but I've heard of maid cafes and I'd love to see one
Sadly it may be awhile till Yor and I show up at Acen, but we still love and miss you guys

♠ Kozi forever! ♠

#56 User is offline   DeikoPoP 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 20833

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

Hello Everyone:

This is Frank Ketter, Panel Programming DH for ACen 2009.

This is my final word of what i can do for this event. (if you're really interested...please keep pushing to correspond with the special events DH, Will English. his e-mail is on the main website) Let's say i love the idea, as I'm an fellow advocate of maid cafe/ fandom.

It would be really pricey to basically get this event catered by the Hyatt. (we're talking in the near 1000's.) the Hyatt would probably be happy to cater your event and offer you space, but it's gonna cost you. ordering food from the nearby cafe would basically be a bit of a risk..... and i could give you all function space for a couple hours....but i can't allow food in my rooms.

Only thing i could do is this...because i know maid cafe's do offer this service. if i get a room with a certain layout (and i hear i may) i could make it where i could make it sort of a gathering....where karaoke can be preformed with attendees and games can be played.....that's something! i had another idea, but i really don't want to talk about it, as i don't think it's kosher.

-hope that helped a little.

-Deiko
"It's Time For Change!"

That's right, I said it.

Frank Ketter III

ACen Panel Programming Dept. Head (2009-2010)

#57 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Ha ha, Frank I really wanna hear your "other" idea now! You've got me curious ^^
But I do like the karaoke idea very much! Otakus + karaoke = obvious win
If we do go that route, who'd provide the karoke machine and all the equipment to go with it?

#58 User is offline   XcausticXdollX 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey everybody!

I don't want us to give up hope yet so I'm going to let you know what's up for now.
I've emailed Will English at the email provided on Acen's homepage and PM'ed him on the Acen forums and NOTHING! It's been about 3 days since I tried contacting him too <_< I'm not sure why he hasn't emailed me back yet but I have do have an idea. We have a lot of people supporting the maid karaoke cafe event and I think that if we could somehow show him that, he'd realize that we are serious about putting it together. Let's show him how much we really want the maid karaoke cafe at Acen '09! I don't know what we should do, like maybe compile a list of names here on the forums and send it in one email, or have everyone email him seperately. If you guys decide to do that, don't go crazy, please? Like don't email him 10 times a day to force a response from him. Be like Ghandi....peaceful victory ^^ We want his support, not his anger >__<"
But really, it's your guys' call! I just want a response, a yes or no so we can finally get started.
Laterz~

#59 User is offline   LadyChaos86 

• Main Events DH
  • Pip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 5948

Post icon  Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

i heard many things regarding your ideas for a maid cafe in staff circles. persistence and diligence will hopefully see this idea come to pass as i would love to attend it. i would recommend that if it does happen for the karaoke, that you make sure people have instrumental versions of the things that they would like to sing. that's what has happened in past karaoke times when the con suite was open to everyone before the bar was put into the hyatt.

<3 the chaos
Main Programming DH 2014
Main Programming ADH 2008-2013
Main Programming Staff 2007

#60 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

Something new is needed to invigorate things. Perhaps this is it.
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users