Maid Cafe

#1 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

REVIVING THE OLD TO MAKE WITH THE NEW!
So, I made this topic almost a year ago with the hopes of starting a maid cafe. Here's the deal, Nadia (Caustic Doll) and I are trying REALLY hard to make this cafe a reality. I'm going to be posting the form soon so people can sign up ! We really just want some support from the forum folk.
Here is the website :
http://acenmaidcafe.webs.com/
I want to be putting so more maids in by summertime so check the site for updates !
Form will be up by June !
I have a REALLY cool idea for a logo but until acen decides to back us we can't use it D:

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 16 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

Ooh, that'd be fun!
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

uwah im that friend!! :3 here is what i was going to post on a topic XD:
i've always wanted Acen to have a maid cafe! other cons have done maid cafes and it looks like fun. it wouldnt be only limited to girls/maids though butlers would be a nice addition. i think it should be only a 1 day event or a set time on each day.
i know space is an issue and also linlin mentioned to me how you arent allowed to sell food? as for the food issue i had an idea that people pay to enter and we give them a set menu based on how much they paid?
im also sure people would want workers to be 18+ but i personally dont think that should be the requirement DX of course you wouldnt want some 16 year old being harrased and having their parents come at you with a big fat complaint but just going to a con invites a harrasment situation (just walking into a store you are subject to harrasment actually o__o) but security could help out and having the hours during the day could help cut down on the amount of crazy people messing with the maids.
im just giving out suggestions so dont kill me for them D:

if anyone has any suggestions, concerns, questions, or anything please post them! :3
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 27 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

I remember hearing something about ACen not letting food and stuff get sold during the entire convention...I'm not to sure on all that details..but I wanted to bring that out.

It's a nice idea...but eh..just imagine that type of crowd for that. lol XD

Hey i'm like a giant black man...I'll be sercurity...I'll scare all the creepies away. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Jul 27 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

I remember hearing something about ACen not letting food and stuff get sold during the entire convention...I'm not to sure on all that details..but I wanted to bring that out.

It was posted in response to this idea last year that like most conventions the Convention Center and the Hyatt are the exclusive food and beverage vendors.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#6 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

It's never something that we can't completely rule out. We'll look into it again this year :)
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#7 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

Sounds cool, I see something like that take place in the food court area in the convention center.
ACen Mascot Artist

#8 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

I, personally, would love to see this happen :) I don't even know why, but I think it'd be awesome if it were to go through.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#9 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

~floots by fanboying~
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#10 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

View PostAnimexcel, on Jul 29 2008, 02:22 PM, said:

Sounds cool, I see something like that take place in the food court area in the convention center.

Maybe ACen can strike up something with the food vendors...that's how I see it being possible. For example, instead of having regular cash register workers, they'll be dressed in frills :D I don't know if food vendors will be okay with that though. For one, hiring actual maids to serve food instead of self-serves might cause them to pay out too much. Or there might not be enough maids to serve, etc.

What other cons have done maid cafes? Maybe we can ask how they did it :]
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#11 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

i think itd be more of a volunteer service rather than a paid job service~ i wouldnt mind volunteering

new york anime fest, youmacon and fanime are cons that have done maid cafes. i know there are others i just cant remember them at the moment :3
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#12 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

View PostAonele, on Jul 29 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

. For one, hiring actual maids to serve food instead of self-serves might cause them to pay out too much. Or there might not be enough maids to serve, etc.

The whole staff would be volunteer. as Xaio said, I will also gladly volunteer. That's two there. Then I'm MORE then sure we'll find others.
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#13 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

If you're willing to have a crossplayer I'd love to help.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#14 User is offline   Alex339 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19004

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

They actually do a Maid Cafe at Youmacon in Michigan, and I think it's an awesome idea! An event like this could really bring a fun experience to the con-goers.

This needs to happen!

#15 User is offline   MiChIrU =^.^= 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15870

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

View PostAlex339, on Jul 29 2008, 10:15 PM, said:

They actually do a Maid Cafe at Youmacon in Michigan, and I think it's an awesome idea! An event like this could really bring a fun experience to the con-goers.

This needs to happen!

I think this is a great idea! I was a maid from he is my master last year for acen id love to help out...hmmm :ph34r: what if we do it outside? im not sure where but like by a grassy area kinda like a picnic but we can make it like a maid cafe outdoors and to creat borders sometype of curtain and then we can more control of whos coming in and out? XP im just throwing sugestions out ....

#16 User is offline   Aquaangelus 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6061

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Hello!

I'm actually on staff for the maid cafe this year at Youmacon! Wootness! Anyway, the event itself is built on donations and volunteers! The food is donated( sometimes even the maids/butlers bring yummies to give out too), and the maids and butlers are volunteers. I must say that it is just a blast! I am really looking forward to this year!

The food itself is free, but it costs ten dollars to get in for just the first hour. After then it is free. The reason for this is because the convention guests have a little meet and greet the first hour, where they go an visit tables and talk to people attending the event.

I know that if you put something up about this idea, you would get a lot of volunteers, especially with a con this size! I know Youmacon's maid cafe staff list fills up pretty quickly!

Umm...*pokes fingers together* If you would need another volunteer, I WOULD SO LOVE TO HELP OUT!....^^;;; I love working at these things, and I totally have a costume and everything! *sigh* ._.
-----------------
****AcEn CoSpLaY****
- Misuzu (AIR)
- Random maid
- FFX Yuna (maybe)

#17 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

*raises hand* I would completely love to be involved in this!

But...if it was a real cafe, like if you wanted to sell/give out any drinks I believe that would not be allowed because of the hotel rules. Je suis desole
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#18 User is offline   StarWalker 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10639

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Sounds like a great idea, as long as the girls are really cute... Any Japanese girls out there that would be interested????

#19 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

I've always wondered why Acen doesn't have a maid cafe. Hey, how about a con suite too.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#20 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:42 PM

I think it has something to do with not being able to sell food and drinks.

But how about...

you combine the Maid Cafe setup with another event that would be attractive enough to charge admission, and then the food would be complimentary (1 food item, 1 drink), and would be served by the Maid/Butler staff?

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 26 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#21 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

We did discuss the buying and selling food thing and we already planned that if it happens we would have people pay for an hour or something.
( oh , not to be rude but Star Walker no. just... no. We'll get who we can and I know that both Xaio and I are NOT ASIAN . but Xaio is cute XD )
As for outside, I THINK our best bet would be to get a panel room. Just because it's easy and out of the way.
Now, If they look at this topic and consider letting this happen I would like to start hiring. Mind you, outfits have yet to be decided. ( if we allow for everyone to just buy / make their own Cafe maid cosplay on there own or if we post a pattern or something)

All I know is , I have a Mew Mew Berry Cafe cosplay that NEEDS use so I hope this happens >:}
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#22 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

View PostFemme Fatale, on Sep 26 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

I've always wondered why Acen doesn't have a maid cafe. Hey, how about a con suite too.

Acen will never have a con suite again.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#23 User is offline   Kashiin Fayden 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16217

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Sep 26 2008, 05:55 PM, said:

We did discuss the buying and selling food thing and we already planned that if it happens we would have people pay for an hour or something.
( oh , not to be rude but Star Walker no. just... no. We'll get who we can and I know that both Xaio and I are NOT ASIAN . but Xaio is cute XD )
As for outside, I THINK our best bet would be to get a panel room. Just because it's easy and out of the way.
Now, If they look at this topic and consider letting this happen I would like to start hiring. Mind you, outfits have yet to be decided. ( if we allow for everyone to just buy / make their own Cafe maid cosplay on there own or if we post a pattern or something)

All I know is , I have a Mew Mew Berry Cafe cosplay that NEEDS use so I hope this happens >:}

I would totally make a cosplay for this. This is a really good idea!!! ^-^
Oh no 너 허튼 생각 마 닥치고 이걸 봐 여긴 니가 버린 땅
DJ SiSeN for ACen 09!
MySpaceFacebook

#24 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:42 PM

View PostStarWalker, on Sep 26 2008, 02:18 PM, said:

Sounds like a great idea, as long as the girls are really cute... Any Japanese girls out there that would be interested????

Ya know, that's kinda racist. Japanese girls aren't the only cute ones out there, ya know.

...and Xiao-chan is frickin ADORABLE. If I ever have the joy of meeting her in person she's getting kidnapped. I shall make her my dolly and dress her up pretty.

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 26 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#25 User is offline   Lady Luck 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17675

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:02 AM

Do they have refreshments at the Masquerade Ball? Maybe you could talk to them about volunteering to serve punch & such if they do.
Pokettokon - January 10-11, 2009 - East Peoria, IL

#26 User is offline   SookJun 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19584

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

How bout have all the food prepared by the hotel and the volunteer maids just act as waitresses. If that doesnt work I wouldnt mind baking some cupcakes for this event. Also I would volunteer to be a maid if you guys decide not to have a uniform pattern for all the maids. I plan on getting a maid outfit tailored soon because i cannot sew and i would wear that to ACEN. Instead of a uniform outfit how bout something like an official volunteer arm band (dannychoo reference anyone?). The people running the panel can have like blue armbands on and the rest just wear red when they are volunteering. You can also have a design for it so that its not easily copied or doesnt look like a haruhist's armband.

#27 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

it would be fun :D
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#28 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

View PostSookJun, on Oct 9 2008, 12:26 PM, said:

How bout have all the food prepared by the hotel and the volunteer maids just act as waitresses. If that doesnt work I wouldnt mind baking some cupcakes for this event. Also I would volunteer to be a maid if you guys decide not to have a uniform pattern for all the maids. I plan on getting a maid outfit tailored soon because i cannot sew and i would wear that to ACEN. Instead of a uniform outfit how bout something like an official volunteer arm band (dannychoo reference anyone?). The people running the panel can have like blue armbands on and the rest just wear red when they are volunteering. You can also have a design for it so that its not easily copied or doesnt look like a haruhist's armband.

Any food served at a offical con ran function has to be bought from the hotel or expo center food service. It's part of Acen's contract. We all know how pricey food is at acen.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#29 User is offline   SookJun 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19584

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

View Postopimus.rm, on Oct 9 2008, 10:44 AM, said:

Any food served at a offical con ran function has to be bought from the hotel or expo center food service. It's part of Acen's contract. We all know how pricey food is at acen.

My suggestion was for the guests to order and receive their food through maids but all the food will be from the hotel. We sit them down at a table, they tell us what they want and pay for it, maids take the money and buy the hotel food for them and then serve it to the guest who ordered it.

#30 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 14686

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:50 PM

I think this could get really complicated, but IF you need help Im in! Sounds like alot of fun if you can pull it off.
You would need cooperation from the hotel and etc. though.
~2010! -Sigh- Indeed I do need to get working.
Pending...
Anti-Alice, Pandora Hearts 0%
R2 C.C. 0%

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users