Anime Central Forums: Death Note - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Death Note who did U feel the most sorry for on Death note?

#1 User is offline   L... 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19032

Post icon  Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

On the anime series death note who did U pity the most? {or feel the most sorry 4?}

id say possible*SPOILER*
kira, light.. b/c of how bad he suffers at the end. i do belive in a "clean world" but some of the things light did went to far. allthough i could not help but pity him.

#2 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:42 AM

I would agree with you there-- poor Light; I wish things hadn't turned out the way it did for him, but I guess ever since he killed L, which I think he shouldn't have, it just proved that he was getting rid of people who got in his way, and he was no longer the Kira he promised the world that he would be-- someone who would get rid of criminals. When he deliberately killed L, he somewhat lost my deep-rooted respect/admiration I had for him.
=(
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#3 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

Light's dad, because of how he believed in his son and how his son used him which ultimately lead to his death.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#4 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Jul 9 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

Light's dad, because of how he believed in his son and how his son used him which ultimately lead to his death.

That's true... I probably do really feel awful for him. He was convinced that Light wasn't Kira just before dying too.
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#5 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

L. Because he left us way too early in the series and when you strip away the super-detective aspect of him, he really had such an innocent personality.

#6 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

In all honesty I feel sorry for Mrs. Yagami.

I know, odd character to bring up, but think about it. She's had to spend most of the series worrying that Kira would somehow pull a fast one on the entire investigative team and kill her husband (which he did eventually), and then her daughter gets kidnapped; shortly after that her husband dies, and then her only son dies. I'm not even sure that it truly makes it better that she was never told Light was Kira. I mean, I understand it would've just been the final hit on the nail and would've made everything that much worse, but it just hovers there like a horrible secret for the rest of the surviving investigation team. If it's anyone I'm going to feel sorry for, it's going to be her.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#7 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

View PostAj-chan, on Jul 9 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

L. Because he left us way too early in the series and when you strip away the super-detective aspect of him, he really had such an innocent personality.

You're gonna make my eyes teary... I miss L now. *sniff*
=P

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 9 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

In all honesty I feel sorry for Mrs. Yagami.

I know, odd character to bring up, but think about it. She's had to spend most of the series worrying that Kira would somehow pull a fast one on the entire investigative team and kill her husband (which he did eventually), and then her daughter gets kidnapped; shortly after that her husband dies, and then her only son dies. I'm not even sure that it truly makes it better that she was never told Light was Kira. I mean, I understand it would've just been the final hit on the nail and would've made everything that much worse, but it just hovers there like a horrible secret for the rest of the surviving investigation team. If it's anyone I'm going to feel sorry for, it's going to be her.

Good point-- I could say the same for Light's sister too, her being involved with the kidnapping and STILL not being told about anything that was going on involving her father and brother.
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#8 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 10 2008, 01:35 PM, said:

Good point-- I could say the same for Light's sister too, her being involved with the kidnapping and STILL not being told about anything that was going on involving her father and brother.
=/

Yeah I almost said the Yagami family in general because they lost both a father and a son in a relatively short time. Thats gonna completely change them both forever.
Armageddicon!!

#9 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Jul 10 2008, 12:54 PM, said:

Yeah I almost said the Yagami family in general because they lost both a father and a son in a relatively short time. Thats gonna completely change them both forever.

Agreed... I wonder how horrible it would be for them to find out what Light did...
=(
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#10 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:01 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 10 2008, 03:48 PM, said:

Agreed... I wonder how horrible it would be for them to find out what Light did...
=(

I almost wonder if you tell them...I mean on one side, ignorance is bliss...just another victim of kira...on the other they have a right to know...
Armageddicon!!

#11 User is offline   L... 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19032

Post icon  Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

great thinking The Yagamai family! if i had made a list id of never though that. it would have been 10 times worse had lights sister died im glad they saved her.

also now that i think back light did have it comming, L did not desirve to die and i think his death was the final straw for people believing in light .. and he was eventually losing it after L's death.
Hey everyone go to my youtube account and look at my vids, their is on called L's funeral Which was a cut scene
for those that did not see it my youtube name is Soko85 {type it in a search}

#12 User is offline   AnimeFangirl03 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 16881

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

You know... I would have to say that the character that I feel the most sorry for is Matsuda.

And there are a couple of reasons for this:

1) He is always thought of as the idiot... especially by L... and he never gets a chance to show L his potential.

2) Light's Father dies. This man was Matsuda's idol and he is forced to watch him die... and then you can tell that no one takes him seriously/

SPOILER!!!

3)Light announces that he is Kira. Matsuda trusted Light throughly... and then to find out that the person who you trusted is a murderer and to hear that person tell you to kill the others? That is just plain torture. And shooting Light couldn't have been easy for him.

So yeah... I feel for poor Matsu.

NEW ACCOUNT!!!! NOW USING SugarxHighness!!!

#13 User is offline   takniccals 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17374

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

BB, oh god. ;x;
"Then she killed my brain~"

#14 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:22 PM

View PostAnimeFangirl03, on Jul 12 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

You know... I would have to say that the character that I feel the most sorry for is Matsuda.

And there are a couple of reasons for this:

1) He is always thought of as the idiot... especially by L... and he never gets a chance to show L his potential.

2) Light's Father dies. This man was Matsuda's idol and he is forced to watch him die... and then you can tell that no one takes him seriously/

SPOILER!!!

3)Light announces that he is Kira. Matsuda trusted Light throughly... and then to find out that the person who you trusted is a murderer and to hear that person tell you to kill the others? That is just plain torture. And shooting Light couldn't have been easy for him.

So yeah... I feel for poor Matsu.

I guess I get what you mean... but he seemed to get over his traumatizing moment
Spoiler
fairly quickly if
Spoiler
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#15 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

View Posttakniccals, on Jul 15 2008, 04:20 PM, said:

BB, oh god. ;x;

That reminds me, I STILL need to get my hands on "Another Note"!! Gah, it's killing me!
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#16 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 15 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

That reminds me, I STILL need to get my hands on "Another Note"!! Gah, it's killing me!

Tell me how it is so I'll know if I should get one too!
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#17 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Apparently people in the US have read it, and someone did tell me a translated version was available. All I know is that there's a guy named Beyond Birthday, it focuses on L a full year or so before the Kira case, Naomi Misora's in it (which I'm happy about), and apparently Wedy has a bigger part (which I'm also happy about).

I wonder if there's a scanlation online...

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 15 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

#18 User is offline   AnimeFangirl03 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 15 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

=P

I just finished it yesterday and it is amazing!!! I love it.

And there is an actual book being sold right now. My waldenbooks in the mall has it and the Border's I visited recently also had a couple of copies of it.

But yeah... it is good.

#19 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Someone told me I had to order it. So a few bookstores actually have it in stock now?

#20 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Yep, Borders just had it on the shelf.

Good book. A must read for any Death Note fans. Very short, quick read. And it looks pretty. :)

#21 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

I also heard Mello is the one who's narrating the story. That came as a big surprise to me, but a good one. You can never have too much Mello... :lol:

#22 User is offline   AnimeFangirl03 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 15 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

I also heard Mello is the one who's narrating the story. That came as a big surprise to me, but a good one. You can never have too much Mello... :lol:

True to that!!

#23 User is offline   accelerated 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19010

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Watari

#24 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 15 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

He does narrate... but don't get your hopes up that there will be much of his personality in it. He's just the most convenient person to say is telling the story. -_-

#25 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

Of course. L's always more important. :lol:

#26 User is offline   oVera 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19064

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

I think I'd have to say Raito, but mostly because he was my favorite.

L's in second place though. Even though he actually saw his death coming.

#27 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:19 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on Jul 9 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

I was going to say that but you beat me to it. Since that's all said and done, I'll say that I feel sorry for Misa Amane. Light took advantage of her feelings toward him and used her as a tool.

This post has been edited by Kankokujin: 17 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#28 User is offline   EzERawk 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17490

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:12 AM

Um, pretty much almost anyone in the series but Light, and maybe Mello, you can feel bad for. I haven't even finished reading the manga and I think both deserve their come-upins.

The moment Light killed the fake L on tv, he loses part of him a normal person an empathize with. Killing criminals to make everyone safer is one thing, but taking out people who get in your way or killing to get your own way is just evil. Once something becomes selfish instead of selfless, things start to fall apart pretty quickly.

Also, I personally don't feel that bad for Misa because she was willing to help kill innocent people to help Light and also allowed herself to be used because of her unwavering affection. Though, I do have to say she does bring some lighthearted, cute, and funny moments to such a serious story.
Acen 2011 = Hazama / 2010 = Black Reaper / 2009 = Ginko / 2008 = Commander Amarao / 2007 = Ramna Boytype
Xbox Tag = EzERawk / PSN = EzERawk / Wii Code = 8450-6258-6492-7122
Facebook / Twitter / Weekly Anime Review

#29 User is offline   takniccals 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17374

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 15 2008, 05:01 PM, said:

=P

Borders, if you're in Chicago, its the one downtown. I plopped and read it in about two hours, and I haaaaaaaaate reading, so its a veerry fast read.

I should, uh, like...watch the series rather then pick at it.
"Then she killed my brain~"

#30 User is offline   EzERawk 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17490

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

View Posttakniccals, on Jul 17 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

Borders, if you're in Chicago, its the one downtown. I plopped and read it in about two hours, and I haaaaaaaaate reading, so its a veerry fast read.

I should, uh, like...watch the series rather then pick at it.

Man, how can you be into the Death Note manga if you don't like to read. It has to be the wordiest manga I've ever read. Oh well, to each his own. I've got Mushi Shi on my list to watch, but not to read. I get weird with what I pick to watch and/or read.

This post has been edited by EzERawk: 18 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Acen 2011 = Hazama / 2010 = Black Reaper / 2009 = Ginko / 2008 = Commander Amarao / 2007 = Ramna Boytype
Xbox Tag = EzERawk / PSN = EzERawk / Wii Code = 8450-6258-6492-7122
Facebook / Twitter / Weekly Anime Review

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users