Anime Central Forums: Cosplay Progress 2009 - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cosplay Progress 2009 Cause it's never too early to start!

#31 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14686

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jul 15 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

Demolished on purpose? Or the victim of random costume violence? :P

Um....both? ^.^ It wasn't the best, and i needed the green top for soemthing else. ^.^' Also I needed the shorts for meh newest cosplay, so the short are now orange. ^.^'
~2010! -Sigh- Indeed I do need to get working.
Pending...
Anti-Alice, Pandora Hearts 0%
R2 C.C. 0%

#32 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostZingy, on Jul 15 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Hehe! I already did Yuffie from KH 1 but the costume got...demolished. So I won't be able to repeat it. But yah! ^>^

Wow, pictures?
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#33 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

View PostZingy, on Jul 15 2008, 02:25 PM, said:

Um....both? ^.^ It wasn't the best, and i needed the green top for soemthing else. ^.^' Also I needed the shorts for meh newest cosplay, so the short are now orange. ^.^'

Yay for reusing and recycling. :) Every little bit that you don't have to buy new helps!

#34 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jul 15 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

Yay for reusing and recycling. :) Every little bit that you don't have to buy new helps!

You said it! I totally will make use of the excess cloth left from my husband's Shishio cosplay if I need to for a different idea.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#35 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jul 15 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

ITs the only way i can afford to cosplay ^.^'
Pending...
R2 C.C. 0%

#36 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 15 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

The best would be to sew them on there, but if that's not possible, then I would say fabric glue is a life savor-- it's tough and the attachment will be strong too.
=)

I tested my felt glue; it actually works pretty well too. I have to brush it on though with a paintbrush. XD I can't get it come out through the tip without it clogging up. Stupid thing. Ah well; still works. I'll take a picture of my shirt so far soon and post it later. And for under my skirt, once I find the proper one, I bought a pair of leggings that I'll cut to the right length and hem up the cut edges. That will definitely look better than a pair of biker shorts, ne? =P

I already knitted my collar, and I still need to find my plate for my headband so I can make my "crack" through it before I buy the cloth to make the rest of it. As for the rest of the outfit, I'm still working on the clouds for the shirt, trying to find the skirt, and still have a lot of the accessories to buy including the wig. >.< Man I have a way's to go. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#37 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

View PostZingy, on Jul 15 2008, 08:10 PM, said:

ITs the only way i can afford to cosplay ^.^'

Same here. :)

#38 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

Apparently I have a habit of introducing at least two new projects. I only wore my Robin Sena once but I already feel like I've overdone it. Odd, ne? But if worse comes to worse I may nix one of my projects and repeat my R. Dorothy cosplay; some people seemed to love that one.

Anyway, progress! (Or lack thereof!)

1. Amaya Yamanaka (original Jrock) = I got a black felt rose, a black silk obi, leftover white makeup from my R. Dorothy cosplay and the purple violin I've had for ages, and not much else. I'm STILL not sure what to do about the bottom part of the outfit. It's either spandex shorts with black/purple striped socks or black stockings and garters.
The top will be a purple kimono going down to the waist, and it'll be a little daunting since I want to try sewing myself this time, and I DON'T want to ruin good brocade. I'm also thinking of belts on the sleeves and fingerless gloves. Shoes may be handmade "okobo" or geta. For accessories I've decided to make odango and Pocky jewelry. I need clay, metal jewelry pieces, and toothpicks for the odango, then just use sealant on real Pocky and drill little holes in them. The biggest project will be the top and the "Pocky katana". For the latter, now that I know where to get dowel rods, that'll be easy. And THEN there's a wig. I plan to put amethysts in it somewhere, and I got a good deal on my R. Dorothy wig last year at a local store, so I'm hopeful about that. :)

2. Sailor Hinata (Sailor Moon/Naruto mix) = I'm even less ahead on this than Amaya. I literally have nothing. I've never worked with fur, never mind making a skirt before (I'm not even sure if the skirt will be dark blue or all fur), and the typical white leotard will have to be beige. I don't see a problem with the front bow, though. The brooch on the bow will be the yellow patch with the red cloud you see on the sleeve of Hinata's parka, and that'll be easy, too. The fur sailor collar and the V edge may also pose a challenge.
Shoes might be a problem. I plan on using blue pumps as opposed to the Naruto sandals, and I always have a little trouble finding shoes in my size (I has big feet... :( ). The kunai pouch I think I can do; I have an old camera pouch lying around somewhere. The kunai that'll be in the pouch will take a little work. The bottom will be a blade fashioned from either clay or foam, but the stick/ring part will be a bubble wand for my "Byakugan Bubble Blast" attack, so the blade will have to be facing UP as opposed to actually being in the pouch, since that's where the bottle of bubbles will be.
Tiara: don't get me started. Choker necklace, we'll see. Wig...I'll see what I can do. On Hinata's side bangs I'll put these slip-on odango covers in the style of Hinata's eyes in "Byakugan" mode. I'm a little squeamish about contacts, and I thought this'd be a creative solution.

3. Third project = don't know yet. D'Eon de Beaumont, Yoruichi, or Re-L. What do you guys think? :D
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#39 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

My cosplays for Acen will be done months before Acen cause I'm gonna wear them for other cons. My only problem is which ones will I actully get to wear to Acen cause I have so many.

Diva from Blood+ is done I just need to make her sword and some alteraions.
Histugaya from Bleach is all cut out just need to put it together but I plan on making his Bankia if I can find a clear enough pic.
Tsunada is done and had never been worn.
Riku from Kingdom Hearts is a Halloween Town version. I'm still gathering material for that one. I'm wearing it for Halloween but I like it so much I can't resist the urge to wear it again.
Cornelia from Code Geass is in the planning stage but it's very doable as far as budget wise but time wise might run out.
I was also planning a Ghost in the shell Motoko cosplay. Since all my other costumes will be done in like October I think I'm gonna use the time betwee then and Acen to work on this one.

Well Good Luck to everyone with your cosplays!
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#40 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

I havent started yet, but im gonna do the the most easiest cosplay. Shiva of Resident Evil 5. Finally a woman of color character I can do!

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/760880/...5050520092.html

ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#41 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

View PostAj-chan, on Jul 15 2008, 09:46 PM, said:

Same here. :)

Glad Im not the only one scrounging for funds to cosplay. ^.^'
Pending...
R2 C.C. 0%

#42 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8938

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

View PostZingy, on Jul 17 2008, 05:29 PM, said:

Glad Im not the only one scrounging for funds to cosplay. ^.^'

trust me you're not! ^_-

I'm still in the planning phases myself. I have to sketch out a few ideas first and see what I need to make and what I can thrift store.

#43 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

View Postszwrld, on Jul 17 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

trust me you're not! ^_-

I'm still in the planning phases myself. I have to sketch out a few ideas first and see what I need to make and what I can thrift store.

I am in the same boat.
I have an entire list of things I need to buy (like leotards and prop materials) but I have no money to get it done.
Which kinda makes me sad because I really want to make sure that I get all of them done.

And done well

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 18 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#44 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:27 PM

View Postszwrld, on Jul 17 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

trust me you're not! ^_-

Same here. Although I usually have to actually go looking in the stores before I can decide if I'm going to buy or make. Sometimes something I think will be easy to find is not available anywhere and other times I'll find something to buy that I had planned on making from the beginning. :P

#45 User is offline   TheMagicWithin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5842

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

I'm starting Lenne from FFX-2 within the next week probably. Me and a friend cosplaying Yuna have finally decided to start, fun times.

Matt from Death Note I have at least started buying things for. I have the wig and ordered a shirt (although the ship date is constantly being pushed back).
ACen 2014:
John Watson: Sherlock
Charlie: Supernatural

Tardis: Doctor Who

#46 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Well, I've finally made a decision about what to do for the third project. (hugs any and all Bleach cosplayers) I'll be yet another Yoruichi!! As for progress on that project.... :P Why, you say? I don't know which version to cosplay. Orange top or the Soi Fon fight version? ARGH!
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#47 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

View PostAshori, on Jul 15 2008, 09:08 PM, said:

I tested my felt glue; it actually works pretty well too. I have to brush it on though with a paintbrush. XD I can't get it come out through the tip without it clogging up. Stupid thing. Ah well; still works. I'll take a picture of my shirt so far soon and post it later. And for under my skirt, once I find the proper one, I bought a pair of leggings that I'll cut to the right length and hem up the cut edges. That will definitely look better than a pair of biker shorts, ne? =P

I already knitted my collar, and I still need to find my plate for my headband so I can make my "crack" through it before I buy the cloth to make the rest of it. As for the rest of the outfit, I'm still working on the clouds for the shirt, trying to find the skirt, and still have a lot of the accessories to buy including the wig. >.< Man I have a way's to go. XD

That's pretty awesome-- the progress sounds really good. Keep it up and post pictures if you can, hehe. I'd love to see how everything's working out for you!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#48 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 18 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

Well, I've finally made a decision about what to do for the third project. (hugs any and all Bleach cosplayers) I'll be yet another Yoruichi!! As for progress on that project.... :P Why, you say? I don't know which version to cosplay. Orange top or the Soi Fon fight version? ARGH!

ORANGE TOP!
there are so many soifon fight versions!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)

#49 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

Well, now it's a tie between Yoruichi and Yumi from "Code: LYOKO". Hey, do you know where to get leotards (and good fabric paint/dyes)? I saw dyes at Jo-Ann's, but I just wanted to make sure that they weren't the only place.

#50 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 24 2008, 01:25 PM, said:

Well, now it's a tie between Yoruichi and Yumi from "Code: LYOKO". Hey, do you know where to get leotards (and good fabric paint/dyes)? I saw dyes at Jo-Ann's, but I just wanted to make sure that they weren't the only place.

Hmm, try Wal-Mart and Hobby Lobby too... or any artsy store (but those tend to be just a tad pricier than Wal-Mart).
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#51 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

How about leotards? (this'll probably be a pain , though probably not as much as the fur skirt and the sailor collar...I need a beige leotard, too, or one I can easily dye beige.) I'm too excited about this Sailor Hinata project :D

As for Amaya Yamanaka, it's just a matter of getting the top, figuring out the design of the bottom and getting a wig to work on. I want to try styling wigs myself this time as opposed to buying one. The character's original, anyway, so I want to work on her personally as much as possible. My mom also showed me a few tips on sewing, so once I get some fabric I'll try out what little skills I have left. But hey, you can't get better without trying. :lol:

#52 User is offline   ziggylala 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18958

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

I've only planned out what I need and how much of it for my Sora cosplay. >.> Although, the base of the Kingdom Key I'm using is finished. Really, I don't even know my other cosplays yet....maybe Chrome and Belphegor or uh maybe something that isn't seen so often. >.<
:|
...that is all.

#53 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 25 2008, 11:11 AM, said:

How about leotards? (this'll probably be a pain , though probably not as much as the fur skirt and the sailor collar...I need a beige leotard, too, or one I can easily dye beige.) I'm too excited about this Sailor Hinata project :D

As for Amaya Yamanaka, it's just a matter of getting the top, figuring out the design of the bottom and getting a wig to work on. I want to try styling wigs myself this time as opposed to buying one. The character's original, anyway, so I want to work on her personally as much as possible. My mom also showed me a few tips on sewing, so once I get some fabric I'll try out what little skills I have left. But hey, you can't get better without trying. :lol:

Hmm... try eBay? I honestly don't know where you can find a beige or dye-able one, unless you want to make your own, lol. I can try looking for some patterns for ya. As for Amaya, let me know if you need any tips. You're already aware of my cosplay guide (link in my signature) so don't hesitate to ask if something helpful isn't there...
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#54 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Ai-yah, most of my work invovles touch-ups. Jewelry. Doing Summoner Yuna's jewelry is such a gigangic pain because I have a hard time finding it :( I think the only one I'm really having an issue with is her chain-link (no better word, lol) bracelet. I want to start a new costume but my mum (who owns the sewing room) would have a fit :(
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#55 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Jul 25 2008, 11:11 AM, said:

For leotards I've been looking at dance stores.
I've seen them in beige too (more like skin tone beige but still I think it may be what you want.) sadly i can't give you the link because it is on a different computer.
Just google search dance leotards. I think it's called discout dance supply. They have a huge selection.

And your Amaya problem is the same as my Kaminari problem. Mostly with the wig...-sigh-

#56 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

With the Amaya top I wouldn't mind sewing it myself, but working with brocade scares me; it can unravel so easily, and it's a little thick...

#57 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

I found so much good stuff at the costume shop by my house.
=^__^=
True..nothing has been made yet but when i get stuff done you guys will be the first to see...well...second...my mom and/or roomate will be first....

#58 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

=^__^=
True..nothing has been made yet but when i get stuff done you guys will be the first to see...well...second...my mom and/or roomate will be first....

#59 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on Jul 28 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

=^__^=

How cool! Show soon!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#60 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

I will.
I probably won't have any progress pictures until November/December when i'm able to get some sewing done.
I'm thinking that in November I'll buy my sewing machine so I can get used to it before I tackle my cosplays.
I'll probably get the other materials I want as well.

Of course though - I'll leave wigs for last. Lol

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users