Anime Central Forums: Cosplay Progress 2009 - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cosplay Progress 2009 Cause it's never too early to start!

#61 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on Jul 29 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

I will.
I probably won't have any progress pictures until November/December when i'm able to get some sewing done.
I'm thinking that in November I'll buy my sewing machine so I can get used to it before I tackle my cosplays.
I'll probably get the other materials I want as well.

Of course though - I'll leave wigs for last. Lol

That makes sense... keep us updated! I totally wanna know when you get your sewing machine and what you plan to work on first, hehe.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#62 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 30 2008, 07:26 PM, said:

That makes sense... keep us updated! I totally wanna know when you get your sewing machine and what you plan to work on first, hehe.
=)

hai hai!
will do!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#63 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

View PostYumei, on Jul 16 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

My cosplays for Acen will be done months before Acen cause I'm gonna wear them for other cons. My only problem is which ones will I actully get to wear to Acen cause I have so many.

Diva from Blood+ is done I just need to make her sword and some alteraions.
Histugaya from Bleach is all cut out just need to put it together but I plan on making his Bankia if I can find a clear enough pic.
Tsunada is done and had never been worn.
Riku from Kingdom Hearts is a Halloween Town version. I'm still gathering material for that one. I'm wearing it for Halloween but I like it so much I can't resist the urge to wear it again.
Cornelia from Code Geass is in the planning stage but it's very doable as far as budget wise but time wise might run out.
I was also planning a Ghost in the shell Motoko cosplay. Since all my other costumes will be done in like October I think I'm gonna use the time betwee then and Acen to work on this one.

Well Good Luck to everyone with your cosplays!

can you post pics of your diva cosplay? i can't find alot of pics of cosplayers work
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)

#64 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

^ Responding generally to what Crimson-chan said...
http://www.riuva.com/?p=555
http://zemotion.deviantart.com/art/The-Mid...ame-II-71797088 <-- I know they're not cosplaying as Saya and Diva but I couldn't help sharing this picture...
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#65 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

A quick update on Rima (not that anyone cares xP)
The bias tape is nearing completion for the arms, next I move on to the front, sides, and back. =D
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#66 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

I've only just started on my mock-up of Jeremiah's coat this afternoon. Almost done with it, and I might be able to start the real thing tomorrow. :) I did get a wig for him last week, but I have to dye it before I style it. Kind of nervous because it'll be my first dye job.

This post has been edited by Kesshoutan: 01 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#67 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Aug 1 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

^ Responding generally to what Crimson-chan said...
http://www.riuva.com/?p=555
http://zemotion.deviantart.com/art/The-Mid...ame-II-71797088 <-- I know they're not cosplaying as Saya and Diva but I couldn't help sharing this picture...
=)

I love those pics Simon.
Sadly..that's not the Diva picture I want. T.T It's so hard to find a good picture of her final battle form

#68 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well, now I have new hope for my Yumi outfit! I just so happened to be glimpsing at a commercial (I think it was Target) when I realized that there are these short-sleeved tunic-looking shirts that I could probably modify, dye and paint. Now I just need to find one...

The detailing doesn't look as hard as I thought, either. White geometric flowers on the black side and yellow fern leaves on the red side. Now I have to find good pictures of the back of her obi so I can figure out how to do it.

I also realized that I may be one step closer to my Amaya Yamanaka than I thought. I already have a kimono; the only problem is that it's red and black, and I want the color scheme to be purple and black.

And for Crimson: do you want pics from the anime or pics of cosplayers?

This post has been edited by KusanagiRobin: 04 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#69 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Aug 4 2008, 04:30 PM, said:

And for Crimson: do you want pics from the anime or pics of cosplayers?

pics of the cosplayers. to see if i can get ideas as toward what i should and shouldn't do...

#70 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

I don't know if these'll help, but here ya go!

Diva on Cosplay.com
And on CosplayLab
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#71 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

^ Oooh, those are cool.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#72 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Aug 4 2008, 05:08 PM, said:

I don't know if these'll help, but here ya go!

Diva on Cosplay.com
And on CosplayLab

Those two were actually very helpful.
The first one helps me with the crown and gives me ideas for the wings.
The second with everything else. Lol.
Thanks.

#73 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:36 PM

You're welcome. :)

#74 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

I so wish I had more things done...
but I have nothing...

#75 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:08 PM

Good news: I bought the fabric for my headband, and tomorrow I plan to buy the thread I need to complete it (since I forgot to get that today), along with one more piece of felt for completing the clouds on my shirt. ^^
Bad news: I went to Goodwill today and had no luck finding the skirt I need. >.<

I'm going to come up with several costume ideas in case I can't find the exact skirt I want that are still comfortable, simple, and aren't too complicated for someone with bad sowing skills. >.> Wish me luck!
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#76 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

Yay for progress!

I have finally finished my shirt! I shall post pictures soon...once I recharge the batteries in my camera and find the cord for it. >.< I'm also almost done with the plate for my headband; just need to put the "crack" through it. Then it's simple stitching to the red cloth and bam! A new headband is done!

And now I've decided on my skirt situation. It'll be a lot easier to go with a black skirt instead of a red one for many reasons (most red skirts have designs, it'll take forever to find one I want, different shades, etc.) So I decided I'll take one of my old black skirts and edit it just like I would the red skirt.

Just hopefully my mom doesn't mind me tearing apart one of my skirts. >.>
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)

#77 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:31 PM

I have hope!! I talked to my friend Nick recently, and he SO wants to go to ACen next year, so I may be able to go!! That's just more motivation to get to work on my cosplays. :D

Of course, now I might wanna do something both he and I can do. Well, he dyed his hair recently, so maybe he can go as Ulrich.

#78 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Aug 13 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

I have hope!! I talked to my friend Nick recently, and he SO wants to go to ACen next year, so I may be able to go!! That's just more motivation to get to work on my cosplays. :D

Of course, now I might wanna do something both he and I can do. Well, he dyed his hair recently, so maybe he can go as Ulrich.

^ Totally excited about this... can't wait to see it!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#79 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:31 PM

Well...I came up with my second cosplay idea/2010 idea already. >.> Could be my second idea if I can ever get my butt down to Goodwill to go shopping for the clothes.

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/nanaka/...nanaka2_800.jpg

The middle girl with the purple hair is who I want to cosplay as. Nanaka Kirisado from Nanaka 6/17. The hardest parts of the cosplay will probably be the collar for the shirt (since I'll have to make that with minimalistic sowing skills), Magical Domiko's Wand (Nanaka's favorite anime is Magical Domiko, and it practically dictates her 6-year-old life =P), and finding a pair of plain brown shoes (here's hoping that Wal-Mart has something). But yeah...I've grown addicted to this anime, so I want to cosplay as Nanaka; she's so cute! ^^

#80 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

View PostAshori, on Aug 29 2008, 12:31 AM, said:

Well...I came up with my second cosplay idea/2010 idea already. >.> Could be my second idea if I can ever get my butt down to Goodwill to go shopping for the clothes.

http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/nanaka/...nanaka2_800.jpg

The middle girl with the purple hair is who I want to cosplay as. Nanaka Kirisado from Nanaka 6/17. The hardest parts of the cosplay will probably be the collar for the shirt (since I'll have to make that with minimalistic sowing skills), Magical Domiko's Wand (Nanaka's favorite anime is Magical Domiko, and it practically dictates her 6-year-old life =P), and finding a pair of plain brown shoes (here's hoping that Wal-Mart has something). But yeah...I've grown addicted to this anime, so I want to cosplay as Nanaka; she's so cute! ^^

Linky is broken

#81 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on Aug 29 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

Linky is broken

http://i35.tinypic.com/25kudmg.jpg

Better linky. >.>

#82 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

View PostAshori, on Aug 29 2008, 11:58 PM, said:

Aww, cute... post pictures of progress, if any!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users