Anime Central Forums: Cosplay Progress 2009 - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cosplay Progress 2009 Cause it's never too early to start!

#1 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Post icon  Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

Seriously, you only have until May to finish your cosplay! Best get some work done! XD Anyway, it's never too early to start working here and there on your cosplays, whether it's for A-Cen or for another con down the road. So let us know how it's going!

My cosplay for A-Cen is Akatsuki Sakura Haruno. Currently I'm working on the clouds for my shirt. I got two cut out so far, although I need to glue together the two pieces of felt then velcro the newly-made cloud to my shirt. I may glue them to the shirt though; I don't know which will be better. Any help or advice on this?
My next step: finding the right size and color skirt and shorts and cutting the skirt right to be like Sakura's skirt in Shippuuden.

I'll post my outlines and pictures later, once I get them scanned and uploaded to my computer. I know it's easier to visualize when you can see outlines and such. =P

Anyway, tell us about your cosplays and your progress in completion! We would love to hear it!
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#2 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

This year is the first time I'm making my own.

So far I have the pattern for Moka's jacket & a tutorial for how to make a pleated skirt. I still need to find a pattern for a cheong-sam dress for Vietnam schoolgirl Saya.

I also have a pattern for my girlfriends jacket for Yuuki Nagato.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#3 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:21 AM

My Princess Sailor Moon costume is still in the planning stages... ^^* I have so many other projects right now that I got before Acen and couldn't work on because of Artist Alley, so my costume is kind of put on the back burner right now. :/ I hope to be able to start on it next week sometime though, my mom got me a gift card to Joann's for my birthday, so that'll pay for the bulk of the costume. ^^ I'll post pics as I get things done though. **is NOT looking forward to making the wig...** x.x
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#4 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do... I will probably wait until last minute like always. :rolleyes:

#5 User is offline   toynbees 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11360

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

Right now, I'm on a wig hunt.
ACen '14 cosplay ideas:
akane owari (dangan ronpa)
cm punk ??? (wwe)

#6 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

View Post~*Yumi*~, on Jul 8 2008, 08:38 AM, said:

If you find a good and reliable place, tell me.
I'm planning on harassing your mom to tell me where she got your Near wig... xD
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#7 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

View Post~*Yumi*~, on Jul 8 2008, 08:38 AM, said:

I plan to do that around Halloween, since I figured that's the best time for it. With all the speciality Halloween shops opening, and stores like Target and Wal-Mart having their Halloween sections I'm bound to find a pink short-haired wig somewhere for cheap.

If not, there's always eBay and Cosplay Magic, but a wig on CM is $45 and on eBay who knows? =P
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)

#8 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

I'm trying not to be lazy... I promise, lol.
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#9 User is offline   Kyu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16676

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Next year is going to be my first time cosplaying...I'm going to cosplay as my own character, Kyu.

I have the sword, the pants, and the bandana, but I need the scarf, jacket, and gloves, which I'll just buy later...

It'll be simple, but awesome when it's done!
I am Kyu-Sama!

Looking forward to next year!

Future Cosplay:

2008-Bandana Kyu(not really cosplay)
2009-Kyu Hiyama (Destiny 7)
2010-Undecided

Myspace | GaiaOnline | Tokyopop |

If you love Naruto and love to rp, then this is the place to do it! It's a new Naruto rpg forum. Follow your own path and experience the future of Naruto! Naruto Infinite Adventure!

Looking for a dream? Or want one to come true? Visit Dream Dream Academy rpg forum to experience your dreams...A Dream Come True...

#10 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Rima Touya (Vampire Knight) is going pretty good. . . .I have all the clothes ready and the bias tape already sewed on the collar and both arms/cuffs as well as the buttons attatched. Right now, I'm looking for studs to hotglue on. D:'' All that's left is finishing the bias tape and those darn studs. =P

Nero (DMC4) As for him, I haven't even started on him. . . .I'm not even 100% sure I'm being him. xD
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#11 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

I finished my shirt, and now I'm on the hunt for skirt patterns and such!

Also...I dont need a wig, so I'm set there! (Btw, I'm being Ururu for Halloween as well as Acen09)
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#12 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

View PostAshori, on Jul 8 2008, 03:02 PM, said:

I plan to do that around Halloween, since I figured that's the best time for it. With all the speciality Halloween shops opening, and stores like Target and Wal-Mart having their Halloween sections I'm bound to find a pink short-haired wig somewhere for cheap.

If not, there's always eBay and Cosplay Magic, but a wig on CM is $45 and on eBay who knows? =P

True but the wigs tend to be low quality and generic...
[has learned this the hard way]

#13 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 9 2008, 11:34 AM, said:

True but the wigs tend to be low quality and generic...
[has learned this the hard way]

Yeah, but hey, if they work for what you want. XD

#14 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

For Jeremiah Gottwald (Code Geass R2) I'm gonna get materials tomorrow for the coat and eye-piece, but the rest is still in planning. Might try to find a wig soon.

TYL Ryohei (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) is on hold till January, and I'm waiting for him to show up in the anime before I pick out a dress-shirt color.
Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#15 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:15 AM

I'm gonna be a female version of Alucard, but it won't really be SNJ-like. I just need the wig and the guns.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#16 User is offline   PepeluTivursky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8314

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

Haha I haven't even started on mine and probably won't till August - September. I'm having the gun and prop for my Shigofumi outfit commissioned once I have the cash for it.
I do have the patterns for all of my pieces, both Fumika and Kotonoha.
What we're doing group cosplay wise for next year is kind of up in the air, might be rewearing Phoenix Wright. I'd king of like to do a Professor Layton though, haha.
I do believe one of the other girls I go to cons with would like me to do a Wakaba Kannuki with her and I have the perfect wig picked out but I need to buy it now :/

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 8 2008, 03:18 PM, said:

If you find a good and reliable place, tell me.
I'm planning on harassing your mom to tell me where she got your Near wig... xD

http://www.cosworx.com

They've yet to let me down.
"It could be worse. There could be zombies."
My Cosplay.com Profile | Kentucky Geeky LJ Community

Cosplay for '09
Katsura Kotonoha - School Days | Fumika - Shigofumi | Maya Fey - Phoenix Wright | Enma Ai - Jigoku Shoujo | Yako Katsuragi - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

#17 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

woo! I was waiting for this thread:
While I haven't bought much of anything yet I do have somethings worked out

Dark Magician Girl: I found the perfect leotard for this and am going to buy it in white then dye it the right color. I will also need to replace the straps with clear straps so I have that tube top look. Thanks to Simonsaz I have an armor making tutorial and as soon as I get my but to a craft store I'll start practicing with craft foam for that. I also found the wig at Amphigory =^ _ ^=

Nel: I managed to find the wig and am thinking of buying her mask from eBay I'm still trying to figure out technical things and need to go to Ace or True hardware soon.

Diva: I've roped my boyfriend into making the sword, found the song and am even trying to stretch my range enough to fake it at least. I also found the pattern and just need to start fabric hunting. I also have this wig. Oh and I found places with blue roses

Sailor Pluto: Once again, I am using a leotard as the base. I found the wig on Amphigory but will need to work with it a bit. I also found the tiara, and earrings on eBay. I am even considering buying the shoes but I want to test my skills with a boot covers first. I have tutorials and patterns found for the skirt, bows and sailor collar

Kaminari: I am still sketching this girls outfit though my decision for the skirt is pretty much in stone. I am still on a wig hunt that screams to me but doesn't try to steal my wallet.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#18 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

I need ideas for my husband but he thinks he isn't sure if he can top the epicness of his Shishio cosplay.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#19 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

View PostPepeluTivursky, on Jul 10 2008, 03:41 AM, said:

Haha I haven't even started on mine and probably won't till August - September. I'm having the gun and prop for my Shigofumi outfit commissioned once I have the cash for it.
I do have the patterns for all of my pieces, both Fumika and Kotonoha.
What we're doing group cosplay wise for next year is kind of up in the air, might be rewearing Phoenix Wright. I'd king of like to do a Professor Layton though, haha.I do believe one of the other girls I go to cons with would like me to do a Wakaba Kannuki with her and I have the perfect wig picked out but I need to buy it now :/

OMG... epic win for Professor Layton cosplay! :heart:

#20 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 10 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

I need ideas for my husband but he thinks he isn't sure if he can top the epicness of his Shishio cosplay.
=)

xD
I have no idea what could top that either...

As for me: I should have money to start looking around for stuff soon.
Though my problem is that I can't really get stuff off the Net since my mom refuses to use her credit card on sites she doesn't know and I totally don't have my own credit card...
Though I know she has an e-bay accoun that she used once randomly so maybe I can find a few things there [though I would want to be sure of the sellers first]

And I'm still desperatly hoping that I won't be the only Touhou cosplayer...

#21 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 10 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

xD

As for me: I should have money to start looking around for stuff soon.
Though my problem is that I can't really get stuff off the Net since my mom refuses to use her credit card on sites she doesn't know and I totally don't have my own credit card...
Though I know she has an e-bay accoun that she used once randomly so maybe I can find a few things there [though I would want to be sure of the sellers first]

And I'm still desperatly hoping that I won't be the only Touhou cosplayer...

You can always show your mom Cosplay Magic or $3.99 Anime Shoppe if eBay turns out to be a bust for cosplay stuff and see if she goes for that. Both are excellent sites for cosplay and anime accessories, collectables, etc. I have to get most of my accessories off of Cosplay Magic eventually; thank goodness for secondary accounts. XD

The best thing about Cosplay Magic though over $3.99 Anime Shoppe is that there's free shipping while $3.99AS has varied shipping rates based on your package size, method of shipping, etc.

And Crimson, I can't wait to see your DMG cosplay. ^^ She's my favorite monster in the game. -has like three DMG cards in her deck- XD

#22 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

View PostAshori, on Jul 10 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

You can always show your mom Cosplay Magic or $3.99 Anime Shoppe if eBay turns out to be a bust for cosplay stuff and see if she goes for that. Both are excellent sites for cosplay and anime accessories, collectables, etc. I have to get most of my accessories off of Cosplay Magic eventually; thank goodness for secondary accounts. XD

The best thing about Cosplay Magic though over $3.99 Anime Shoppe is that there's free shipping while $3.99AS has varied shipping rates based on your package size, method of shipping, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions...

I'll have to talk to my mom when she comes back and I have money.
If I tell her people suggested the sites she should be fine with it.

#23 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 10 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestions...

I'll have to talk to my mom when she comes back and I have money.
If I tell her people suggested the sites she should be fine with it.

No problem. XD

I finally scanned in my rough outline for my cosplay. Excuse my poor/slanted handwriting and faint pencil markings; my printer stinks: Akatsuki Sakura Haruno

#24 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Here's a question: should I glue my felt clouds to my shirt or velcro them? I'm not too sure which I should do. I want to make sure they stick, of course, and I'm sure both methods work, but which one is the best for putting it together?

#25 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Jul 10 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

xD

Thinking, thinking, researching, thinking... nothing's coming up so far.
=P

View PostAshori, on Jul 10 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

I finally scanned in my rough outline for my cosplay. Excuse my poor/slanted handwriting and faint pencil markings; my printer stinks: Akatsuki Sakura Haruno

ZOMG! That looks so good! I'm excited to see your efforts for this cosplay come to fruition! Be sure to let us know if you need any help!
=D

View PostAshori, on Jul 12 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

Here's a question: should I glue my felt clouds to my shirt or velcro them? I'm not too sure which I should do. I want to make sure they stick, of course, and I'm sure both methods work, but which one is the best for putting it together?

The best would be to sew them on there, but if that's not possible, then I would say fabric glue is a life savor-- it's tough and the attachment will be strong too.
=)

This post has been edited by simonsaz3: 15 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#26 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 14686

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

Nyah! Im lazy ^.^'

Yuffie Dirge of Cerberus: Um, I got the belt and the side pocket sewed so far, and already have the leggings from last years cosplay...other thna that gotta finish the whole thing. >.< Pic: Yuffie!! Oh, and I still have to get the fabric for the moogle cloak and hat.

Sasuke: Nothing done yet but the headband.....My friends just told me I was doing this one. ^.^'

Neko army: Nothing done here yet either. Im waiting on the fabric. ITs going to be all green and black shag fur, and will take forever to finish..
~2010! -Sigh- Indeed I do need to get working.
Pending...
Anti-Alice, Pandora Hearts 0%
R2 C.C. 0%

#27 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

View PostZingy, on Jul 15 2008, 12:17 PM, said:

Nyah! Im lazy ^.^'

Yuffie Dirge of Cerberus: Um, I got the belt and the side pocket sewed so far, and already have the leggings from last years cosplay...other thna that gotta finish the whole thing. >.< Pic: Yuffie!! Oh, and I still have to get the fabric for the moogle cloak and hat.

Sasuke: Nothing done yet but the headband.....My friends just told me I was doing this one. ^.^'

Neko army: Nothing done here yet either. Im waiting on the fabric. ITs going to be all green and black shag fur, and will take forever to finish..

Sweet... I wanna see the Yuffie cosplay done.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#28 User is offline   OmNefarious_05 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12081

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

I still have most if not all of my cosplays I used this year that I will be using next year.
Does that count as progress?
=P
Acen 2010 cosplay lineup: Byakuya Kuchki- Bleach, Stein- Soul Eater, Luffy- One Piece, Staraptor Gijinka- Pokemon

Twilight fans are the Scourge and Stephanie Meyer is the Lich King

#29 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 14686

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Jul 15 2008, 12:23 PM, said:

Sweet... I wanna see the Yuffie cosplay done.
=)

Hehe! I already did Yuffie from KH 1 but the costume got...demolished. So I won't be able to repeat it. But yah! ^>^
~2010! -Sigh- Indeed I do need to get working.
Pending...
Anti-Alice, Pandora Hearts 0%
R2 C.C. 0%

#30 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

View PostZingy, on Jul 15 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Hehe! I already did Yuffie from KH 1 but the costume got...demolished. So I won't be able to repeat it. But yah! ^>^

Demolished on purpose? Or the victim of random costume violence? :P

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users