Anime Central Forums: Inu-yasha Comes To An End (really) - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Inu-yasha Comes To An End (really) Spoilers Inside. Sort of.

#1 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

Just got a chance to look at a fan-translation of the last Inu-Yasha manga chapter. So Takahashi finally made an end.

I've been keeping up with the manga in bits and pieces, enough to kind of know what's been going on. In any case, the final chapter (558) was apparently released last week in Japan, and it's good to know that Takahashi still likes happy endings--and sort of learned her lesson from the non-ending of Ranma. Don't read any further, for here be some spoilers.

1) Naraku is dead, gone, obliterated. No big surprises here; only the most sadistic of writers would allow him to win. (Such as Hideaki Anno, for instance, or Mamoru Oshii.)
2) The Shikon no Tama is also gone. Not really a surprise, but no one really got to wish on it.
3) Inuyasha is still a hanyou. Given that I haven't read all of the last few manga chapters, I don't think he was ever really given much choice in the matter, but obviously even if he was, he chose to stay what he is. This was pretty much no surprise either, since hints have been given from the beginning of the series.
4) Miroku and Sango survive, marry, and in fact the final chapter begins with Sango giving birth to her third child. I was kind of curious as to whether or not Takahashi would off them or not, but apparently she's not heartless. Good ending for them.
5) Kohaku is still around and is sort of atoning for his deeds by being a taijiya, in cooperation with Kirara. This surprised me, in a good way--I guessed he was going to buy the farm when he was first introduced.
6) Shippo is slowing maturing into a kitsune of some power. No surprise once more; he was too cute to die. He's still a little smartass, and fittingly one of the last views we get of Shippo is Inuyasha kicking the crap out of him.
7) Rin survives, and is being raised more or less by Kaede. Sesshoumaru still checks in on her, but she's not following him around any. Not really much is resolved here, but short of leaping ahead ten or fifteen years, nothing much would be anyway. (For you RinSess fanfic pairing authors: you still don't find out if Rin sees Sesshy as a father figure, or if Fluffy looks at her and thinks, "Ten more years and she's legal."
8 ) For those of you who haven't followed anything of the manga since the end of the anime, Kikyo died and this time stayed dead. And there was great rejoicing.
9) Okay, the big spoiler: Kagome and Inuyasha were separated for three years due to the destruction of the Shikon no Tama. It worked out, though: Kagome tied up loose ends at home and graduated high school. Inuyasha, we assume, did his usual thing of killing anything that pissed him off and pining for Kagome.
10) After three years, the Bone Eater Well opens up and Kagome goes back. She and Inuyasha are assumed to have married, and Kagome stays in the Sengoku Jidai, taking on Kikyo's old job of village miko.

WTF?

This is the part I do not like. It's sort of hinted that the well is closed, so Kagome is stuck in the past--but she did so willingly. It's strongly implied that she did not, in fact, bomb her Examination Hell week, so it's love keeping her there...but I dunno. No more indoor plumbing, internet, modern medicine, all the amenties of modern life? Kagome's a better person than me.

And while I know Takahashi doesn't give a damn about such things (and neither should I)--you now have a person living just before the beginning of the Tokugawa Era who knows EVERYTHING about Japanese history up to at least 2000, and who has been proven to be damn irresponsible when it comes to keeping modern things and concepts a secret from the local yokels. A good fanfic writer might just extrapolate that, because of Kagome's carelessness--or worse, because she WANTS to--Japan would win World War II. Hmmm...

Anyhow, it's done, and I have to admit it's been a fun (if frustrating at times) 11-year ride.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"All good things..."
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#2 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Jun 18 2008, 05:51 AM, said:

8 ) For those of you who haven't followed anything of the manga since the end of the anime, Kikyo died and this time stayed dead. And there was great rejoicing.

I thought that would NEVER happen. Seriously, how many lives did that chick have?! And she used everyone of them to screw with everybody else. :angry:

WTF?

This is the part I do not like. It's sort of hinted that the well is closed, so Kagome is stuck in the past--but she did so willingly. It's strongly implied that she did not, in fact, bomb her Examination Hell week, so it's love keeping her there...but I dunno. No more indoor plumbing, internet, modern medicine, all the amenties of modern life? Kagome's a better person than me.

And while I know Takahashi doesn't give a damn about such things (and neither should I)--you now have a person living just before the beginning of the Tokugawa Era who knows EVERYTHING about Japanese history up to at least 2000, and who has been proven to be damn irresponsible when it comes to keeping modern things and concepts a secret from the local yokels. A good fanfic writer might just extrapolate that, because of Kagome's carelessness--or worse, because she WANTS to--Japan would win World War II. Hmmm...

Yep, I'm pretty sure Takahashi (or pretty much any other manga-ka) doesn't consider that little plot hole to be too big of a deal. ^_^

Edit- because I can't spell :P

This post has been edited by Aj-chan: 18 June 2008 - 08:29 AM

#3 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:57 AM

Wow it really ended....
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#4 User is offline   richan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18156

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

wow, i'm actually really glad you posted this. There was no way in hell i was going to sit around and either watch the 10,000 episodes of the anime or read the 200 volumes of the manga and I really wanted to know how it ended, or if it had already ended since it was going on for so long, because I used to have a bit of an obsession with Inuyasha a few years ago, so thank you! ^__^

#5 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

i must read
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#6 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

I read it and it is the WORST ending she could have possibly made...*sighs* then again she does repeat the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER must I repeat? OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I am just soooo glad that it is over. I mean, I loved Inuyasha when it first came out and I loved it till the band of seven and went...wow...go figure. It just was too repetitive. At least it is over...until she starts another series that repeats the same damn thing...or until she dies. I used to really like her work, but it just gets so boring after a while.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#7 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:39 PM

i bet kagome is her own ancestor. lol futurama moment
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#8 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

*just got through with reading it*

Wow...is all I can say. Talk about your overexploited happy ending.....

Honestly! This had to be one of the worst Mary-Sue endings....granted I know Takahashi isn't heartless but still, she could have tossed in a death beside Naraku and Kikyo (ding-dong the witch is dead! finally)

*sigh* And I agree...theoretically, Kagome could abuse her knowledge and cause massive time shifts and all that jazz but meh.....if she does that then most likely you'll have people from the future coming to stop her and we have a repeat of the series T_T

#9 User is offline   toynbees 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11360

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

It ended. I can finally die in peace.

RinxSesshy forever. F*ck all you haters.

Anyways, what a lamesauce ending.
/my opinion
ACen '14 cosplay ideas????:
something wrestling related im sure
(lita, aj lee, fem cm punk, etc.)

#10 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

View Post~*Yumi*~, on Jun 19 2008, 03:29 AM, said:

It ended. I can finally die in peace.

RinxSesshy forever. F*ck all you haters.

Anyways, what a lamesauce ending.
/my opinion

I only gave a quick synopsis, peppered with my own opinions--read the ending for yourselves.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Damn, no love for Rumiko here"

BEAR CAV!

#11 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:09 AM

wow a lot of things happened that i thought would happen. There were a few surprises, mainly shippo's maturing.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#12 User is offline   toynbees 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11360

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

I'll read the ending on my own time... eventually. Maybe not. I'm lazy.
ACen '14 cosplay ideas????:
something wrestling related im sure
(lita, aj lee, fem cm punk, etc.)

#13 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:32 AM

View PostSarah, on Jun 18 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

*sigh* And I agree...theoretically, Kagome could abuse her knowledge and cause massive time shifts and all that jazz but meh.....if she does that then most likely you'll have people from the future coming to stop her and we have a repeat of the series T_T

Plus... I don't think anyone would argue the fact that Kagome isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box. I doubt she could even organize a bake sale, let alone a time-bending, future-altering cosmic rift of sorts. :P

#14 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

i could never keep up with the manga so now that its over i can just start reading them all and not wait for the next book to come out :D

:o LONG LIVE INUYASHA!!!!

This post has been edited by SakuraGaijin: 19 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#15 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jun 19 2008, 01:32 PM, said:

Plus... I don't think anyone would argue the fact that Kagome isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box. I doubt she could even organize a bake sale, let alone a time-bending, future-altering cosmic rift of sorts. :P

Agreed...which is why I've always had an idea that she left her physics book sitting out somewhere, forgotten, in a Sengoku Jidai village. Some math prodigy finds it, and bingo, Japan develops a nuclear bomb in 1902. Or she forgets her history book somewhere, and someone murders Ieyasu Tokugawa because they realize he will win the battle of Sekigahara and reunite Japan.

Damn, messing with history is fun. But blaming Kagome is just like blaming Minmei for everything that happened in Robotech...except that everything in Robotech really is Minmei's fault.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"She's Zor's mother"

BEAR CAV!

#16 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Jun 20 2008, 12:26 AM, said:

Agreed...which is why I've always had an idea that she left her physics book sitting out somewhere, forgotten, in a Sengoku Jidai village. Some math prodigy finds it, and bingo, Japan develops a nuclear bomb in 1902. Or she forgets her history book somewhere, and someone murders Ieyasu Tokugawa because they realize he will win the battle of Sekigahara and reunite Japan.

That's if the superstitious villagers don't think the guy is actually possessed by demons and kill him and burn the book first.

#17 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jun 20 2008, 01:09 PM, said:

That's if the superstitious villagers don't think the guy is actually possessed by demons and kill him and burn the book first.

Well, if he's possessed by demons, they would call in the local taijiya...which would be Sango, Kohaku, or Sango's kids.

That would make an interesting fanfic. Kagome's and Sango's children have to go around Japan, performing damage control for their ADHD-afflicted mother.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Look, another styrofoam ramen container"

BEAR CAV!

#18 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Jun 20 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Well, if he's possessed by demons, they would call in the local taijiya...which would be Sango, Kohaku, or Sango's kids.

You have to watch out for those villages who have a "burn first, ask questions later" philosophy.

That would make an interesting fanfic. Kagome's and Sango's children have to go around Japan, performing damage control for their ADHD-afflicted mother.

Considering the genetics involved, I don't think I'd want to go on any journeys with Kagome's kids... They would have an uphill battle just to live, let alone be productive and useful. :P

#19 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:29 AM

Thanks, sentinal! Now I never have to torture myself by reading it all! ^___^ I love Rumiko, don't get me wrong; she has great concepts for stories but damn if she doesn't have a penchant for dragging things out! ;o; 11 years of waiting!? I'm really glad I stopped at book 5.
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#20 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

the part were kagome calls Sesshoumaru brother and he gives her a dirty look like i am going to kill you . that was so funny
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#21 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

View Postsailorgaia, on Jun 23 2008, 07:29 AM, said:

Thanks, sentinal! Now I never have to torture myself by reading it all! ^___^ I love Rumiko, don't get me wrong; she has great concepts for stories but damn if she doesn't have a penchant for dragging things out! ;o; 11 years of waiting!? I'm really glad I stopped at book 5.

I was always told that she has a tendency to stop where she left off and finished later like she did with One Pound Gospel. Im still pretty bitter at how the anime ended. So I stopped at that point lol.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#22 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

View Postexcel excel, on Jun 23 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

I was always told that she has a tendency to stop where she left off and finished later like she did with One Pound Gospel. Im still pretty bitter at how the anime ended. So I stopped at that point lol.

One Pound Gospel!! :heart: That series gets so little love! If you didn't like the manga, you'd probably love the new drama they made this year. Happy endings abound!
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#23 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostAj-chan, on Jun 21 2008, 12:17 PM, said:

You have to watch out for those villages who have a "burn first, ask questions later" philosophy.

Considering the genetics involved, I don't think I'd want to go on any journeys with Kagome's kids... They would have an uphill battle just to live, let alone be productive and useful. :P

Agreed. Kagome's children would be greatly defected.

#24 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

What's sad is I think berserk is going to take longer than Inuyasha :(
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#25 User is offline   The Puppeteer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14808

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

is it really over. i haven't watched it in a while....
げんきですか?

who wants free cookies?!

#26 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

View PostThe Puppeteer, on Jun 25 2008, 05:02 AM, said:

is it really over. i haven't watched it in a while....

Well, the anime "ended" back in 2004. (More like just stopped in the middle.) This is the manga that just ended.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"And it actually did end"

BEAR CAV!

#27 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

I read the manga here and there, watched the anime all the way through, and read the last chapter of the manga. I actually liked it, but then again I'm a sucker for a happy ending. XD Kagome calling Sesshoumaru her brother-in-law and his face made me bust up, and I love seeing Miroku and Sango's kids playing with InuYasha.

And I still support SessRin. Cause if it did continue (which thank god it's not) I do think those two would end up together. =P
Future Cosplays: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate and Princess Forms) (Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (Heart no Kuni no Alice)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#28 User is offline   Ciera Fox 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18980

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

i had seen that they are going to pick inuyasha back up from where they left after the author finishes the manga series
hopefully they add a lil more to the next season

#29 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:56 AM

I dont think so. It officially ended back in whenever. but now she can finally get to work on my dreamed of sequel to Ranma!!!
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#30 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

View Postmangahero, on Jun 27 2008, 08:56 AM, said:

I dont think so. It officially ended back in whenever. but now she can finally get to work on my dreamed of sequel to Ranma!!!

Supposedly she finally brought Inu-Yasha to an end to work on a new series, which--supposedly--she will be announcing before the end of the summer. I'd be surprised if she went back to Ranma, but that would be awesome if she did. As it is, I'm pretty certain she'll be recycling plots from Ranma (and Inu-Yasha) in whatever new series she does, so she might as well go back and finish up Ranma.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Like Evangelion, but funny"

BEAR CAV!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users