• This topic is locked

Museum Of Science & Industy Saturday, June 21

#1 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

Its time for us to once again return to the Museum of Science and Industry. For Saturday June 21, the Museum has FREE admission, the Museum is celebrating its 75th anniversary. Its open from 9:30am to 5:30pm. There will be face painters, costumed characters, balloon artists all day.

The Museum's address is 57th Street and Lake Shore Drive. Here is a link to the Museum's website http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/event...th-celebration/

Here is the tentative schedule:

Saturday, June 21

9:30am Meetup at the Museum, downstairs near the silver bullet train
Noon Snack at their cafeteria
2:30 3:30 p.m. The Radio Disney Party Patrol will offer music and entertainment for families in the Museums Rotunda.
Cake-Cutting Ceremony at 3 p.m. Come see the Museums giant cake (at the Party Patrol stage) and help sing Happy Birthday to the Museum. All guests will receive cake.
6:30pm Dinner at Giordano's
Then walk around Chicago- we can go visit the bean or go to John Hancock tower.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them. Remember that the Museum's cafe is very expensive, and we will be walking around all day, so bring something to drink and snack on if you want to.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#2 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

This time, my car won't ruin the weekend for me!!!
SoyCon 8 | The Island Paradise
July 18-19, 2015 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#3 User is offline   anime-lover 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16859

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

maybe i got to this. i wanna eat CAKE!!!

#4 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I should be able to come. I put in my request off so I'll know Friday for certain. I don't know what cosplay I'll wear yet... Maybe people will actually get to see me in guy clothes :P
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#5 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

science AND industry, sounds boring
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#6 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

Then you don't hang out with us often then.

#7 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

O_O i've never hung out with you. what do you mean often?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#8 User is offline   princemercury1 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9047

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:33 PM

I won't be able to make it as a count of I requested this saturday off and two weeks from now, that saturday and sunday off >_<;;
What did you say?

*tableflip*

#9 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

We make a boring place into a fun one.

#10 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

how much is it?

#11 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

i got a niece in law here for a week that something to do

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

Well I have never considered MSI boring, it's my favourite museum of ALL TIME but then again I'm a science geek and I could spend a week just staring at the Apollo 8 capsule ;)

But after the last MSI meetup with the gang...I'll never see some of those exhibits the same way again!

I wish I could make it to this but I already committed to helping the anime club at my library with their teahouse that day. (those not coming to the meetup are welcome to come to my library! Pocky and other Japanese treats available for purchase!)

Have tons of fun and I wanna see pictures! And video!! :D
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
ACen 2015: Kumon Kaito (Kamen Rider Gaim), Ian Yorkland (Kyoryuger, Rowdy Roddy Piper
Wizard World 2015 (big maybe): Jemma Simmons
Youmacon 2015: Nightcrawler (tentative), Ian Yorkland

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#13 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:57 AM

i want to seea math museum O_O with calculators and such

#14 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:08 AM

i may be giving up my zombie march for this but it's always a blast to go to these places. I hope it's just like last time. count me in sweets. You know i'm right next to you with this. :)

Kasin, don't judge a place by how boring it is. this place is actually quite fun and enjoyable. If you don't want to go, then that's all you have to say. don't add on by saying how borring it is and such. Atleast give it a chance. We always make boring places fun and full of entertainment.
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#15 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

aww shoot id already told Xeno id meet up with him for his birthday. ive been tryin to go to MSI for the longest time :( well if things change i might come along for this. if not take loads of pics for me to see :D
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#16 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:41 AM

wait? what? "Kasin, don't judge a place by how boring it is.&quot; how come you can say it but i can't? i still think it sounds boring, they should of name it the museum of fun and interesting stuff...and i said i might go...

This post has been edited by Kasin: 10 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

#17 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

Kasin, it has one of only two U-boats left in the world, the Apollo 8 capsule, and one of the biggest minature railroad sets on the planet.

Put it this way: I would seriously consider selling you into slavery for the money to go to this place.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Of course, I might sell you into slavery for pocky, but still"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#18 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:09 AM

For those of you that went last year, one word "Pole Dancing". This museum will be a crazy meetup, plus we're walking around Chicago, who knows what we'll see. And the museum is FREE, you can't beat that price.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#19 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

I'll do the filming so you'll see how we are. Just find my youtube account "SoySauce070886" and you can watch how much we have fun, especially Brookfield Zoo.

#20 User is offline   anime-lover 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16859

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

hopefully mr. shinigami comes again with some starbursts!!!!

#21 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

I know most of the people that hang alot at these meet-ups don't know me (I'm that tall black guy who was kinda just around at Xenida's birthday. lol) But I'll go since i'm in town for my own birthday meet-up and since now quite a few people who was gonna hang with me want to go to this, so I'll just do my things later when i'm there.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#22 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:51 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on Jun 10 2008, 11:12 AM, said:

I know most of the people that hang alot at these meet-ups don't know me (I'm that tall black guy who was kinda just around at Xenida's birthday. lol) But I'll go since i'm in town for my own birthday meet-up and since now quite a few people who was gonna hang with me want to go to this, so I'll just do my things later when i'm there.

YAY!!!! *hugz XenoBlade* i remember you from Xenida's day. :D i'm happy your coming.
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#23 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

well none of you know me and according to Xeno he wants to go so ill be there as well *big puppy dog eyes* Love Me !!! lmao anyway im shy at first depending if ive had an energy drink then ill try not to be annoying :P

aww come on Kasin come along

oh shoot i hve to wake up extra early i has no car
living in maywood sux ill have to break out my trusty metro map to see how im gonna get in time for the meet up
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me

#24 User is offline   The Puppeteer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14808

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

i really want to go to this i have a memberships so i get in free when i want but people from acen make things much more fun
げんきですか?

who wants free cookies?!

#25 User is offline   The Puppeteer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14808

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

i really want to go to this i have a memberships so i get in free when i want but people from acen make things much more fun
げんきですか?

who wants free cookies?!

#26 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

free? wait how the heck do they make money? is this the place with mcdonalds in it?

#27 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

its free becuz its their birthday but really i enjoy the museums and hey you get to meet your forum buddies and some new buddies

Facebook Me

#28 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

hmmm...maybe

#29 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I've decided on my cosplay so there's no way in hell I'm gonna miss this now. I'm going as Ed from Cowboy Bebbop :lol:
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#30 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

wait people are cosplaying? i dont cosplay just yet, well ill get a tshirt that says Sakura Gaijin on it . maybe not sure yet i wont ppl to recognize meh :P

Facebook Me

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users