Anime Central Forums: Ghost Photos: Real Or Fake - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ghost Photos: Real Or Fake You Decide!!!

#1 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

http://www.thesun.co...icle1216051.ece
http://www.thesun.co...icle1030054.ece
http://www.thesun.co...icle1075240.ece

Ok. The first story came from Foxnews.com, courtesy from The Sun, which is a newspaper in London. A British teen photographs what appears to be a ghost on a staircase. The last two also come from The Sun, one is about a woman who took a photo of a field with a "ghost boy" and the other is a Russian tourist who took a photo of a ghost in a church. Make up your minds and decide, Real or Fake!!!
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#2 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Isn't the Sun a tabloid newspaper?

If so...then all of them are fake. lol

Tabloids are nothing more then fiction.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#3 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

One word.....

PHOTOSHOP!

I know a photoshopped picture when I see one.

This post has been edited by Sarah: 28 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

I actually looked. Man these SCREAM photoshop. Especially the second one. That's actually a pretty crappy photoshop too.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

The second and third one are questionable. The only thing that made me think about the second one is that the boy is also in the negatives. But my teacher taught me the power of overlay photography.
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#6 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Man you all suck :P . I know a ghost when I see one. And btw, Ghost Hunters comes on tonight. Yay ^_^ .
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#7 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostFemme Fatale, on May 28 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

Man you all suck :P . I know a ghost when I see one. And btw, Ghost Hunters comes on tonight. Yay ^_^ .

defintely not the second one. "Negitive" "Rough" style image. Photoshop ghost. :D

Sides it's Sun. lol It's tabloid junk. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#8 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

ghosts are real! ye doth not know what ye speaketh of!!

*floats around in a poorly made shroud*
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#9 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

Photographing ghosts=possible and real.

Those=fake.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#10 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

*cracks knuckles* Lemme see....
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#11 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

1st one obiously a glare, 2nd the fact that recognize was spelled wrong in article and clearly a shopped pic. third one looks like a slightly high exposure shot
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#12 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Unfortunately, I'd have to be inclined to say that these pictures are falsified. Putting aside the fact that the pictures are, as someone mentioned, from The Sun, there are some tell-tale signs. In fact, I'm going to tell you some possibilities HOW these can be created.

First of all--I'm going to go beyond the "double exposure" method. While this is a good method if you want to try faking a ghost picture, this is one of the immediate go-to explainations. Also, not as many people use cameras other than digital in this day and age.

The middle one seems to be easily photoshopped. For one thing, the boy image is far too solid and intact looking. He should not be quite so whole. Also, it seems as if the desired effect was for the ghost child to be behind the railing, but, if you look hard enough or look at your screen from the side, you can see the features over the bars. Even if you don't have a program that could superimpose or combine pictures, if you're determined enough, you can get the image of just the child, go to "paint", use a bargeload of the spraypaint option as finely as possible--and on white coloring--on it, copy it, and paste in onto the background, having adjusted the opague setting.

The bottom one is easy to do. One way for this is a method many digital cameras have, where you take a picture, then the camera will wait a few seconds and take a second, overlapping them. If something is there that wasn't or vice-versa, it will look blury, shadowed, or ghostly. Another method for obtaining a photo like this is simply depending on the shutter speed. Did this priestly-looking individual move while everyone else was sitting?

Finally, the top picture. I'd say that this was the best of the bunch. Apparations, when seen in photos, are often vague or missing parts of the individual, making it plausable as to why the rest of the person seems absent from the hand. However, while looking a bit blurred, the hand still seems quite clear and it appears to cut off awfully cleanly. It is also aided greatly by the large patch of sun on the floor right by it. Easy methods for this would be along the lines of the middle picture--digital altering.

Well, that was fun! I don't know if anyone read any of that or even cares, but I will admit that I had an enjoyable time. Out of curiousity, would anyone be interested in debunking lessons, should Ghosts of ACen return?
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

#13 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostDarko, on May 29 2008, 03:53 AM, said:

1st one obiously a glare, 2nd the fact that recognize was spelled wrong in article and clearly a shopped pic. third one looks like a slightly high exposure shot

Actually, "recognises" is spelled properly for English in the European sense. This is a magazine from Europe, which can be seen in the uk of the address.

#14 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

That's the magic of what a camera and computers can do. We can create things that can try to fool people or we just make fools of ourselves for trying to fool people. (If any of you are confused I'm sorry for all those fools)

Sorry Femme. We don't me to trash you or anything. Most of us just know that it's a fake.

This post has been edited by Sarah: 28 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

#15 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

View PostSarah, on May 29 2008, 04:42 AM, said:

That's the magic of what a camera and computers can do. We can create things that can try to fool people or we just make fools of ourselves for trying to fool people. (If any of you are confused I'm sorry for all those fools)

Sorry Femme. We don't me to trash you or anything. Most of us just know that it's a fake.

Mr. T pities da fool.

#16 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

Indeed he does.

And Rena-Chan I just love your avi n_n :heart:

#17 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

Ah! Thank you so much!!! I found a great avi maker on abi-station.com and made one of my story characters (I write stories), and I think she turned out alright! Thank you! I love your dancing Gaara, by the way!!!

#18 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

ok ive got plenty of photos like the third one i mean seriously that happens when something moves by the camera as soon as it flashes because if thats not the case then im a ghost and im not really here OH NOES
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#19 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

The first one...maybe, still likely easily done in Photoshop though.
The second one...looks ghostly, but most likely a Photoshop or darkroom trick.
The third one...a priest walked by and moved when the picture was being taken. Wow.
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#20 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

they look real to me
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users