Anime Central Forums: Prince Of Persia - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Prince Of Persia The games, the movies, and more...

#1 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

^ Amazing trilogy-- who agrees? If you've got a favorite from the three games, discuss why it is so. I'm a hardcore, diehard Prince of Persia fan and I have to say that the first game got me hooked beyond reason, the second was a great way to vent frustrations through the gore (haha), and the third was an epic storyline that gave the trilogy a satisfying continued plot (although I wasn't content with Kaileena's death or the fact that the Prince hooked up with Farah in the end).

And now, there's a movie soon to start production. Click here for info on the acting cast so far chosen for the character roles. Personally, I don't think I agree with the decision for the actor. To me, the Prince is a hilarious and fun figure in the first game who's also very sexy. I can't imagine Jake Gyllenhaal taking on the personality of my Prince. I don't know anything about the actress Gemma Arterton-- someone care to fill me in if she'd do a good job playing the annoying Farah? Come to think of it... the movie isn't even going to follow the story of the game closely since the characters of the Prince and Farah have names, Dastan and Tamina respectively. Ugh...

That's along with a new game in development (princeofpersiaprodigy.com) that is set for Xbox 360, PS3, and Windows sometime in "holiday 2008." I'm not sure I like the new plot the game developers have come up for this, but I'm still eager to know how things turn out nevertheless. I like the character sketch of the female lead Elika already though; she looks pretty cool. So I wanna know this: what are your reactions to these two additions to the PoP franchise? Be detailed in your responses.

=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#2 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

Only played sands of time...well that and the first one way back in the NES days...god that game was hard...I don't know if another game made me hate life so quickly...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#3 Guest_Sudou_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

i played the 2 thrones. it was an ok game but it got kinda boring if u played it for a long time.

#4 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on May 26 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

Only played sands of time...well that and the first one way back in the NES days...god that game was hard...I don't know if another game made me hate life so quickly...

Haha, that's the best part about them though. So then, what do you think of the new game and movie in production?
=P

View PostSudou, on May 26 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

i played the 2 thrones. it was an ok game but it got kinda boring if u played it for a long time.

I thought The Two Thrones was pretty awesome-- I loved the conflict between my Prince and Dark Prince. What are your thoughts on the movie and the game they're making?
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#5 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

i thought they made 4.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#6 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

Ive only played sands of time, but I thought it was really fun. It made me frustrated at times, but I still managed to finish. heh actually its one of the only games that I actually have finished of mine. Im still working on that. And I would like to see the movie when it comes out cuz it would be cool to see how they make him manipulate time while in battles and just walking around through traps and stuff. Im not too sure about the actor for the prince either because he just doesnt seem like hed fit with the time period and the type of action he would be doing for the movie. But I guess I would just have to wait and see before I make any real judgements.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#7 Guest_Sudou_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on May 26 2008, 09:32 PM, said:

Haha, that's the best part about them though. So then, what do you think of the new game and movie in production?
=P

I thought The Two Thrones was pretty awesome-- I loved the conflict between my Prince and Dark Prince. What are your thoughts on the movie and the game they're making?
=)

holy crap theyre making a movie of it. thats sounds pretty kool.

#8 User is offline   Chiba1800 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1687

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

I loved the Prince more in Warrior Within because he had lost that naivety and had become much harder from the Dhaka cashing him. The movie should come out as something that something that we can appreciate, though it might not be the lead character. :P
The only things I regret are the things I am ashamed of.
~Chiba-san
----------------------------------------------------

#9 User is offline   xMagus 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18822

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

I have played them all. I beat them all. It is by far one of the best game trilogys I've played. I enjoyed the first one the most. I had no Idea they were in production of a movie and a 4th game. That just made my day!

#10 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia. I'll think about it. Well...it is after all a Jerry Bruckheimer production and I :heart: his movies. I guess this could be another "Pirates" like franchise.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) and Female Ezio Auditore di Firenze (Assassins Creed)

#11 User is offline   xMagus 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Sweet. But it comes out in over a year. June 18 2009

#12 User is offline   John Freeman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18837

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:16 AM

The new one doesn't look promising.
Cell shading: I liked the series as it was, it doesn't need cell shading since it doesn't fit with the style that PoP is in. The trailer made me rage, here i thought, 'awesome,' new PoP, but then see cell shading and I hear the creator saying how he is catering to a younger audience. The creator also was pretty worried, since he brought up Assassin's Creed up constantly. There really isn't much to defend since both series are completely different.

The Hero: My main problem with this is that we have a random main guy becoming the hero with a random assistant, so it feels like it will be a predictable, Hero is some secret prince. The hero took more a ninja appearance. Since this series is still new I am going to be flexable, but I do not want a matrix ninja to be my hero. Assuming that no one watched the interview, the creator says that they are going to be using a Advent Children-style of fighting, so we are going to change from an assassin/rouge to a Neo? HahaOhWOW.jpg

The Story: I have not a big problem, but my friend feels that they are going to change from a Fantasy element to a anime element.
I believe in the Doctor.

"Captain America pulled off a No U in Civil War"
"No he di-Captain America pulled off a No U in Civil War...wow..."

YIM-dreadpirate96

#13 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

If what you say is true, it will most likely be an absolutely horrible movie...

Why do they bother with video game liscenses when they only follow the story in a very vague sense? Why not just make a seperate movie and save yourself the liscense fee?
Armageddicon!!

#14 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

I'm actually disappointed with where this is going. Both the movie and the new game, unfortunately, I feel, are going to be blah...
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#15 User is offline   Chiba1800 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 1687

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:22 AM

The new game looks as though it a large step away from the direction we have seen thus far. As of right I want to keep hoping blindly that it will be a good step. From sands of time to warrior within was a step in a much angrier direction but kept a lot of stuff the same or improved upon it. Let's just hope they have made another step in a good direction....though it does not look good.
The only things I regret are the things I am ashamed of.
~Chiba-san
----------------------------------------------------

#16 User is offline   xMagus 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

Could someone post links to sites with screenshots and trailers and junk.

#17 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostxMagus, on Jun 2 2008, 12:18 AM, said:

Could someone post links to sites with screenshots and trailers and junk.

IGN's got a bunch of goodies up... http://xbox360.ign.c...890/890664.html
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#18 User is offline   xMagus 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

Sweet thanks, I think it doesnt look as good as the origionals, but still looks fun

#19 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

View PostxMagus, on Jun 3 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

Sweet thanks, I think it doesnt look as good as the origionals, but still looks fun

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm disappointed with the story already, but maybe I'll just play it for the sake of playing.
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#20 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

I still have to get the other two before I think about playing the new one. And even then I might wait until I see how its rated by others before getting it myself.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#21 User is offline   Kyle 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18878

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

wow back in the day before xbox 360 came out i played this game

#22 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

View PostKyle, on Jun 6 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

Haha, what are your thoughts about the new one then...?
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#23 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

View PostKyle, on Jun 6 2008, 04:24 PM, said:

Dude, thats hardcore! I got one better on you though, I played Ninja Gaiden before the original Xbox came out!
Armageddicon!!

#24 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

I'm still thinking I'm going to be disappointed with this game...
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users