Anime Central Forums: Car Show - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Car Show Should it stay or should it go now?

Poll: Car Show (256 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it important to you?

1. It's very important to me (34 votes [13.28%])

Percentage of vote: 13.28%

2. It's ok I guess (50 votes [19.53%])

Percentage of vote: 19.53%

3. It's unimportant (63 votes [24.61%])

Percentage of vote: 24.61%

4. It's a waste of space (109 votes [42.58%])

Percentage of vote: 42.58%

Should it stay or go?

1. Keep it (81 votes [31.64%])

Percentage of vote: 31.64%

2. Get rid of it (160 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. I'm afraid of haveing opinions (15 votes [5.86%])

Percentage of vote: 5.86%

Wich neads expanded floorspace the most?

1. Registration (54 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

2. Car Show (25 votes [9.77%])

Percentage of vote: 9.77%

3. Artist's Alley (113 votes [44.14%])

Percentage of vote: 44.14%

4. Dealer's Room (64 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#1 User is offline   ExentricSage 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 976

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

Please give ideas and opinions as well. Personaly I think the Car Show is unecasary and Registration and AA need that space more. Also it's hard to talk over the noise of the bass when you are in an area like registration near the car show. A place where comunication is key.

AA needs more room so the tables can be spaced further apart, because even if crowds cooperate, you can't get through when people are trying to look at the art. I could barely stand it and spent little time there, despite my love of the AA and it's artists. ;_;

Likewise, as much as lines suck, it's better to have them inside than outside. This year people were forced to wait outside at times because the reg lines were too full. This is not acseptable if weather is bad. Especialy when there are long delays. To top it off everyone it practicaly yelling over the noise to comunicate once they do get in. The congoers suffer in line enough as it is.

Mug Paris

#2 User is offline   Dogao 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18531

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:39 AM

LOL. Are you nuts? The car show just got GOOD this year. They're actually attracting JDM and anime-themed vehicles. Did you SEE DomoBox?! :heart:

Also it was like the only place in the con where you could actually JUST SIT AND CHILL without being herded out by either IRT, angry Rosemont Public Works Employees, or hotel employees with cattle prods. I sat there for like two hours and just hung out with my friends.

lol you must be the only anime person on the planet who can't stand techno music

Personally, I'd rather see ACEN *not* have a nine-hour reg line than cancel worthwhile events in order to make space for it. <_<

#3 User is offline   bulwhark 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 3621

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

I never understood what the car show was doing at ACEN. If they were all anime themed I'd understand but as is it seems incongruous. Also, the music is, quite frankly, annoying. How did a car show end up in this anime convention anyways?

#4 User is offline   rei_0 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4098

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

I don't really see the point of the car show, but I'm not interested in cars at all myself. However, it was a big empty-ish space with some fun stuff to do. I liked it. There's a LOT more space in that convention center that I think could be used in the future. I don't think needing more space for anything else is a valid reason for getting rid of the car show at this point.
2013 Cosplay - Fluttershy
Red Mage (maybe)

Artist Alley Table 165! Forest for the Trees
Come say hi!

#5 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

...well I for one enjoyed the car show. Acen is an anime convention true, and I felt kinda sad the Initial D car wasn't there...but it shows a side of Japaneses culture. Plus, the music was awesome to listen to while browsing the artist ally!

Personally, I would say keep it and see if you can expand the AA to the other side a bit.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#6 User is offline   Caerulea Windseeker 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18564

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

View PostDamica Racall, on May 20 2008, 09:56 AM, said:

...well I for one enjoyed the car show. Acen is an anime convention true, and I felt kinda sad the Initial D car wasn't there...but it shows a side of Japaneses culture. Plus, the music was awesome to listen to while browsing the artist ally!

Personally, I would say keep it and see if you can expand the AA to the other side a bit.

Between the doors to the Exhibit hall and the car show, I saw a curtained off area that was full of unused tables. It was about half the size of the car show by my estimation. If ACen is looking for more space, I'd recommend looking at whatever unused space there is first, before canceling events.

#7 User is offline   ExentricSage 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Be fair. I said the music sounds good when you are close enough to hear the full song. But if you aren't right at the car show, all you will hear is the loud 'thud thud' sounds of the bass, wich is obnoxious and headache inducing on it's own.

View PostDogao, on May 20 2008, 01:39 PM, said:

LOL. Are you nuts? The car show just got GOOD this year. They're actually attracting JDM and anime-themed vehicles. Did you SEE DomoBox?! :heart:

Also it was like the only place in the con where you could actually JUST SIT AND CHILL without being herded out by either IRT, angry Rosemont Public Works Employees, or hotel employees with cattle prods. I sat there for like two hours and just hung out with my friends.

lol you must be the only anime person on the planet who can't stand techno music

Personally, I'd rather see ACEN *not* have a nine-hour reg line than cancel worthwhile events in order to make space for it. <_<

Mug Paris

#8 User is offline   mmy-sama 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3465

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

The car show must provide some pretty convienant parking for some people. I mean, imagine being buying something in the dealers room, and taking it to your car without leaving the dealers room. thats is awesome, very awesome and i wish my car was part of it.
Anonymous died for your signs.

#9 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

For those of you against the car show and don't understand what its all about and don't understand why its even there i'll tell you why it is there. i feel that besides ACEN beinging an anime convention it is also a Japanese Cultural Show and these cars are part of the Culture. I am an anime fan and have been one for many years i am also a fan of there cars and emulating what they do to there cars in japan just like some of you are interested in Gothic Lolita, or Visual K or any other subset of japanese culture that doesn't really have anything to do with anime.

this is how we show our love for japanese culture just like the guys who have put together the Initial D cars this year we didn't have the AE86, but we did have the Sil-80 and the RedSuns FC RX7. also i'm actually attracting fans that own actual JDM vehicles who want to show them off and are also anime fans who didn't know about the con before for example the purple SKYLINE GTR R33.

so for those of you who think my event has no bearing or need to be at an anime convention so be it, but this is why i think it should be there. if the con decides that the space would be better utilized for something else then fine, but until that time that event will still take place and i will do my best to keep it going especially now with the success of the show this year and quality of cars that i had and now more people wanting to enter next year.

if anyone else has any comments please go to the Programming section and post up in the Acen Car show 2008 section and say what you want to say there.
Allen Castillo

#10 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

The space with all the tables was used for large card games- like Magic the Gathering and other such tournaments.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#11 User is offline   Caerulea Windseeker 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

View Postsammy-45, on May 20 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

The space with all the tables was used for large card games- like Magic the Gathering and other such tournaments.

Ahhh, that would explain it.

My issue with the car show is that it should have some more coherence. The Domobox was awesome. Any anime fan could tell you why it was there. But I'm not sure why there were spaces for two random Lexuses...Lexi? Lexises? Plural of Lexus. Yes, they're Japanese cars. Yes, it's a Japanese con. But there are probably millions of people in the U.S. who have Japanese cars, so I don't see why they were so special. Unless you want me to drag my friend and her Camry to the Car Show next year just so we don't have to park... ^_~

#12 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

View PostCaerulea Windseeker, on May 20 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

Ahhh, that would explain it.

My issue with the car show is that it should have some more coherence. The Domobox was awesome. Any anime fan could tell you why it was there. But I'm not sure why there were spaces for two random Lexuses...Lexi? Lexises? Plural of Lexus. Yes, they're Japanese cars. Yes, it's a Japanese con. But there are probably millions of people in the U.S. who have Japanese cars, so I don't see why they were so special. Unless you want me to drag my friend and her Camry to the Car Show next year just so we don't have to park... ^_~

well for those who know what they are they are extremely special cars. these are vehicles that people spend countless hours and countless dollars fixing there cars and making them nice and they don't look like your normal commuter cars like your friends camry.

as to your statement of coherence i think there was lots of it. 4 or 5 of the cars were featured in Initial D and in Wangan Midnight.
Allen Castillo

#13 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

That may be true, but in all honesty the majority of congoers are just going to look over and think "...okay, why are there a bunch of cars just randomly sitting there?". They're not going to know that, nor necessarily care.
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#14 User is offline   Edrik 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6116

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

All this just seems to say to me that the car show needs to be more fully developed and explained, rather than just cancelled. Perhaps there can be a small stand at each car with a brief description near each car. Personally, I have no particular interest in the cars myself, though some of them were quite nice; however, I can appreciate other people's interest in them and their relevance. It just seems like the show needs a bit more fleshing out and definition.

#15 User is offline   YKawashima 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7654

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:04 PM

View PostEdrik, on May 20 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

All this just seems to say to me that the car show needs to be more fully developed and explained, rather than just cancelled. Perhaps there can be a small stand at each car with a brief description near each car. Personally, I have no particular interest in the cars myself, though some of them were quite nice; however, I can appreciate other people's interest in them and their relevance. It just seems like the show needs a bit more fleshing out and definition.

I agree. I think they're okay but I really don't know too much about them. There is no one there to explain them and nothing else to tell me about the cars. I mean even if there was someone who showed up and talked about them then maybe I would like them much more.

#16 User is offline   Caerulea Windseeker 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 20 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

well for those who know what they are they are extremely special cars. these are vehicles that people spend countless hours and countless dollars fixing there cars and making them nice and they don't look like your normal commuter cars like your friends camry.

as to your statement of coherence i think there was lots of it. 4 or 5 of the cars were featured in Initial D and in Wangan Midnight.

Well, to respond to your potentially snooty response, just because people spend countless hours and countless dollars fixing up these cars and making them look nice doesn't mean they belong at an anime convention. My family spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in a car shop when I was growing up because we had a lemon of a Buick, so by that criteria it should be in the car show.

4-5 cars featured in anime series is fine with me. Domobox was great because even people who scarcely give a crap about Initial D and Wangan Midnight could recognize it as an anime-themed car. Cars featured in shows like Gunsmith Cats would have also made sense. The rest made no sense. So, I believe the car show needs to be pared down. If a car is there just to look cool or because someone spent a lot of money on their car, those folks should hold their own car show, and not use the space at ACen. ACen's car show needs a hell of a lot more consistency and stricter criteria in order to justify the space that some of those cars took up.

Not that I really think that there was a space problem in the Exhibition Hall. I thought there was a lot of empty space, in fact. But Allen's attitude is frankly pretty annoying, and really leads me to believe that he doesn't tolerate anyone disagreeing with him at all. If this is the kind of attitude that led to the disasterous lines of the Soap Bubble and Underground Groove, some things begin to make sense.

#17 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostDogao, on May 20 2008, 08:39 AM, said:

Now that's stereotyping. I like anime, but I can't stand techno music. Never could stomach techno. Give me classic rock!

I think it would help to have some signs explaining the reasoning behind the cars, though. I am still new to anime, still learning, and I had no clue what the reason was for the Red Suns car.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#18 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shelby Mustang 500, Caterham Super 7, or a Straatos there. :P

#19 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

View PostLenne, on May 20 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

That may be true, but in all honesty the majority of congoers are just going to look over and think "...okay, why are there a bunch of cars just randomly sitting there?". They're not going to know that, nor necessarily care.

This.

Agreed 100% with Lenne.

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

#20 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

After an explanation in another thread by a random staffer (forget the name) I understand the purpose of the Car Show. But like it's been pointed out, a lot of Con goers just say 'oh wow, a bunch of cars...OOOOH SHINY SWORDS' and run off in the other direction....no one really knows why it's there or what it's about. It needs to be more defined, as well as having something there telling people what the car is...who owns it...what year...where it was featured...otherwise it's just a bunch of cars parked in the Convention Center next to a bunch of techno music.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#21 User is offline   Beefy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18623

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

I agree that the show should be more defined but I really like the JDM approach it is taking. If it wasn't for said car show I probably wouldn't of even knowen of ACEN. I went to cover the show and I found out that I really liked the whole vibe of the convention. The main Anime's that I watch are Initial D and Wnagan Midnight so having real-life cars that relate to these shows was awesome. I also really liked the mini-dancefloor/music that was playing in the center of it

#22 User is offline   Dogao 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18531

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

i have a bunch of pictures of domobox...that one actually had a sign on it with information about the car. (which is funny b/c it's the only car that didn't really NEED an explanation.)

but the ropes were too far away and all i could read was "CATGIRLS BEWARE: DOMOBOX IS AT ACEN," lol.

can we get placards for next year? it would be incredibly easy and it would make the connection for a lot more people if the car had a big sign that said "FEATURED IN WANGAN MIDNIGHT!!!"

if the connection was made it would be a totally new level of connection to anime - like cars cosplaying LOL - but that would require a) advanced printing, and b ) a DH with an open mind.

i'm curious how allen will react if it comes down to "listen to peoples suggestions" or "get your pet event cancelled."

#23 User is offline   tweaker 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6642

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

Let it go. It's never that great anyway. Convert the area to a lounge area with djs.

#24 User is offline   Cousin Ichigo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9385

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

I don't really care for the car show...I'm not that into cars but I didn't mind the music infact for me the times I could here the music in the reg lines it made it better I agree with idea that was put out there to explain the cars that would make me more likely to go look at the cars

#25 User is offline   daegan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1417

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

View PostCaerulea Windseeker, on May 20 2008, 11:13 PM, said:

Well, to respond to your potentially snooty response, just because people spend countless hours and countless dollars fixing up these cars and making them look nice doesn't mean they belong at an anime convention. My family spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in a car shop when I was growing up because we had a lemon of a Buick, so by that criteria it should be in the car show.

4-5 cars featured in anime series is fine with me. Domobox was great because even people who scarcely give a crap about Initial D and Wangan Midnight could recognize it as an anime-themed car. Cars featured in shows like Gunsmith Cats would have also made sense. The rest made no sense. So, I believe the car show needs to be pared down. If a car is there just to look cool or because someone spent a lot of money on their car, those folks should hold their own car show, and not use the space at ACen. ACen's car show needs a hell of a lot more consistency and stricter criteria in order to justify the space that some of those cars took up.

Not that I really think that there was a space problem in the Exhibition Hall. I thought there was a lot of empty space, in fact. But Allen's attitude is frankly pretty annoying, and really leads me to believe that he doesn't tolerate anyone disagreeing with him at all. If this is the kind of attitude that led to the disasterous lines of the Soap Bubble and Underground Groove, some things begin to make sense.

Uh, his attitude is that he's going to do the best by his event as long as ACen's still willing to have it. How, again, is that "annoying"? Are you pissed because of the bit about "for those who know what they are"? Because it seems fairly obvious that you do not.

The car show is something that helps make ACen unique among cons. The cars can and should be better explained, but as it stands it's always been a nice diversion. Why does everyone want to get rid of one of the few parts of ACen that still works?
mbrosatellite.com : home of m-bro
articles about anime, games, and con life | BROCAST - a nerdy podcast | upcoming m-bro panels

#26 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

1. There were no techno dj's. Learn about music that doesn't guitars before you try to seem cool. Everything that's produced electronically isn't techno, just like everything that has guitars isn't folk.

2. The cars have everything to do with the Japanese car subculture, which ACEN has gotten bigger to include facets of Japanese subculture, NOT just anime. Personally, if ACEN were just for anime, I know me, and several thousand other people, as well as many wonderful guests (musical, power ranger, and otherwise) wouldn't show up, because, well, we all have nothing to do with anime.
Your arguments that all these things should leave just because they aren't anime are like Steak & Shake getting rid of 90% of their menu items, because they are neither steaks NOR shakes.

http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showt...0&start=160
This should all be continued in that thread.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#27 User is offline   ExentricSage 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

I do respect you fighting for something important to you and that you beleave in.

If nothing else I personaly just wish there were something that could be done about managing noise levels in the convention center, and that would include limiting the volume of bass on music. I apreciate the dj, but at the same time, the music is reduced to a very loud background noise if you are in an area the speakers aren't facing.

My dad used to drag me along to Studabaker car shows and those were always held outdoors, not indoors... IMO, even if the floor space became neaded by other departments, there should still be someplace where a car show could work posibly? I don't realy know.... but I would feal bad seeing your event canseled even though I personaly don't like the event. I think more than anything it's the layout of the convention center for the con that makes your event an issue for some congoers, you know? So I just wanted to throw these ideas out there since I now feal guilty for starting this thread. Basicaly, all the departments in the convention center are growing and in need of better acomodations, but the convention center on the otherhand will not grow.

I'm generaly a person who likes to see everyone happy.
Myself and some others weren't happy. But I don't exactly want to ruin something that means a lot to you. Besides, I think with most programing 75% of congoers are disinterested. if 25% like your carshow then that's not a bad statistic.

Besides that, I like the idea of tying the car show into the rest of the con better if it stays. It won't seem so random and unecasary if more work goes into it and if it's made more of a feature rather than just being a small cluster of cars in a very large sectioned off space with very load music that everyone in the area has to hear constantly weather they like it or not. Know what I mean?

I also respect those who like the music. I don't think it's bad music. But I'm strugling to cope with all the noise in there as it is, and then there's the issue with the bass, and no, I'd prefer not to HAVE to listen to music I don't realy like all day. There must be some sort of compromise, IMO, that will make more people happy.

You know, the enthusiasm of those who do love the car show do make me want to see it work, actualy, even though I'm not into cars.

I hope this thread serves as a catalist to improoving apon things.

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 20 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

For those of you against the car show and don't understand what its all about and don't understand why its even there i'll tell you why it is there. i feel that besides ACEN beinging an anime convention it is also a Japanese Cultural Show and these cars are part of the Culture. I am an anime fan and have been one for many years i am also a fan of there cars and emulating what they do to there cars in japan just like some of you are interested in Gothic Lolita, or Visual K or any other subset of japanese culture that doesn't really have anything to do with anime.

this is how we show our love for japanese culture just like the guys who have put together the Initial D cars this year we didn't have the AE86, but we did have the Sil-80 and the RedSuns FC RX7. also i'm actually attracting fans that own actual JDM vehicles who want to show them off and are also anime fans who didn't know about the con before for example the purple SKYLINE GTR R33.

so for those of you who think my event has no bearing or need to be at an anime convention so be it, but this is why i think it should be there. if the con decides that the space would be better utilized for something else then fine, but until that time that event will still take place and i will do my best to keep it going especially now with the success of the show this year and quality of cars that i had and now more people wanting to enter next year.

if anyone else has any comments please go to the Programming section and post up in the Acen Car show 2008 section and say what you want to say there.

Mug Paris

#28 User is offline   Weighted Companion Cube 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18530

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

The first year there was a car show, I thought it must have been for something else. I don't think it's a waste of space, and I've come to enjoy it. I'd love more info on the cars. Something like placards next to them, that tells me a bit about the modifications, or from what show (if any) the car is based on.

#29 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

View Postrondo, on May 20 2008, 11:36 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a Shelby Mustang 500, Caterham Super 7, or a Straatos there. :P

ooooooooh....I would drool if a Shelby Mustang 500 were in the show...

then the con would need to make sure to get Kenichi Sonoda back as a guest so that we could all get pictures of him and whoever was cosplaying as Rally and Minnie by the car... :::daydreams:::
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#30 User is offline   Sunset Specter 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18469

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

i'm a big fan of cars... quote unquote "JDM" cars in particular... however i belive that this year was a waste of space... ooo look a stock s2k, look a stock rx8

what a freaking joke

stock car here stock car there

the only good cars there [and there are three of them, bet you can guess] was the R32 GTS-T [that's not a GTR fanbois, learn how to tell nissan chassis apart] the s13 front 240sx coupe and hatch

which were rather average as far as chicago S-chassis go

and as for the redsuns rx7? that's about the only car that should stay, just for the initial D people

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users