Anime Central Forums: Tabletop Gaming 2008 - Feedback - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tabletop Gaming 2008 - Feedback quick message, and let me know what you thought!

#1 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

This is just going to be a general feedback thread, so please be sure to specify what events or part of the department you are commenting about so I can pass the comments on to the proper person.

First, however, I would like to extend a "thank you" to my staff, for doing an amazing job, and to the attendees, who made the weekend a success for us and who were very patient with the problems and delays on Friday. Considering this year we had a new DH AND ADHs (my first time working as management!), it was a bit of a challenge, I thought, but overall I think things went well.

First off I will state that I personally had nothing to do with the minis or CCG stuff, so I will try and answer about those best I can. If I can't, I'll try and get answers for you fairly quickly.

And a few problems that I know occurred:

- TTG was very late in opening on Friday. Trust me I am aware and it sucked, as we didn't really get set up and ready to go until 2:30pm on Friday. Unfortunately this really WAS entirely out of our control and once we could get things going everything was set up very fast.

- The rooms were small and cramped. Again, totally not something we had control over - we were under the impression the rooms were larger, and there was the boardroom tables in the two rooms which could not be removed. Go got stuck down in the corner, and one room was kept just for staff work area. I made a bit of a mistake in setting up the office room and should have put everything across from the door as to be more visible.

- Lack of signs. We did get an easel on Friday, and as you may have noticed, I was using it as a signboard - I had a copy of my part of the department's schedule taped to it, as well as a number of various notes. Next year we WILL have more signs, even if I have to make them myself.

- Finding where things were. Unfortunately because of the room snafu, I had to rework the locations for much of my schedule, and people were not always sure what was going on in the hotel with us and what was in the convention center. This will tie to my next point.

- Communication. As anyone who asked me about Magic over the weekend, my part of the staff did not know much of what was going on with CCG or minis, and vice versa. Rest assured I WILL be making sure that everyone knows what is going on.

- Apples to Apples. Yup, I know, we definitely need another copy or two. Don't worry as I will definitely be seeing about getting that :D

So - please, definitely let me know what you thought! What you think went well, what you think didn't go so well, what you want to see more of, etc. I will most definitely be taking this into account when it comes to prepping for next year.
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#2 User is offline   Cousin Ichigo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9385

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

I know that as the con grows everything needs more space but my group of friends missed the combined game room (last years set up) we felt it was more...welcoming and that it aloud us to jump from game to game more easily and that though we still had fun that we got to try a greater number of different games last year because you saw a game that looked fun and you picked it up and started playing the next round additionally did we just miss the games with prizes for the winner (free games etc.) or were there none/ much fewer?

#3 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

Trust me, we miss last year's set up as well...though we've really outgrown that amount of space. I didn't like the small broken up rooms either.

As for prizes - we actually had tons of prize support. Problem was, we couldn't actually find where it got put until Sunday when we were packing up (it got stashed in a corner under a bunch of minis supplies). So that was definitely a "sorry, my bad" on us.
♥ Alana ♥

#4 User is offline   Wildfire393 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17359

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Running games was fun. Two comments though:

1) Next time, I hope not to have to tell a room full of 90+ Magic players that they might have to stand around for three hours with completed decks while we wait for more people to join.
2) Megaphones are nice. Losing Megaphones leads to losing voices.

#5 User is offline   Cousin Ichigo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9385

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

Oh man the prizes thing had to be fun.

In regard to the combined room maybe find a bigger room to combine them in or maybe two bigger rooms...something more...welcoming...lol I aways felt nervous walking into those rooms but that was prolly just my shyness kicking in lol

#6 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

Wildfire - Unfortunately I can't help you much with that stuff, though it is very helpful to know and I'll be sure to make sure that Matt reads this!

Cousin Ichigo - Well, there's no need to be shy with us :D Though I do know what you mean. Problem is, there's really nowhere else we can go, now that we don't have our old rooms anymore, and we're really too large for them now anyway. Honestly, I have no idea what can even be done about the room issue but I will certainly will be doing what I can to try and get that fixed for next year. We've brought up the idea of having all of the Programming departments sit down together with hotel maps and working out the rooms together, which I like a lot. But definitely I will see what can be done.
♥ Alana ♥

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users