Sumnation Of Alley 08

#31 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

View Postsweetplushiecak, on May 23 2008, 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I was next to you! Those Ukiyo-e prints were amazing, I think if you expand the selection to more characters and series you'll get more attention and buyers.

The con went great for me, made double what I did last year. I was really glad to have a table on the outside perimeter of the alley, made it easy to sneak behind the curtain to get in and out of the alley. It was kind of a pain that there wasn't space between tables. Sure it was done for space reasons but it made it hard to get out for some artists.
Also with the layout and the alley being set up backwards my table was on the complete opposite end of the alley (supposed to be in the front) and the lack of garbage cans was kind of disappointing (ended up using a grocery bag)

All in all it was a good experience.

Oh you were the one next to us with the cake plushies! Those were so cute! ^^ Glad you did well!
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#32 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

I don't know if you guys are taking feedback from non-artists that wandered through, but just thought I would let you know that I thought the overall quality in AA was really great this year. I hope you all did well, I know that I spent way more money in AA than I did in the dealer's room this year. And I'm sorry I was probably one of the ones who said your stuff was great but then walked by because I saw a lot of awesome stuff but only had so much money on me. ^_^

#33 User is offline   arina_shirakawa 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 81

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

It was my first year at AA and I loved it! I was sharing a table with my friend, but next year, I'll definitely book a table ahead of time ^^ great job you all!!

Arina Shirakawa (and don't take it as my real name, lol :p ) Registration Staff 2003-2004/ Production/ Semi -Registration Staff 2005

Cheesy with my Cutie Since Dec 14, 2005 <3

Gonna try to get a table @ Artist Alley in 09~ Come Visit me <3

http://arina-shirakawa.deviantart.com

#34 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

I had a great time! Loved where my table was, with sweet neighbors (watching him draw was amazing!), and great customers. Everyone was so nice and happy to be there. I saw some fantastic artwork (a few I missed out on because they were gone or sold out by the time I wandered around), and can't believe how fast it all went.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#35 User is offline   Juri 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

About garbage cans... I have one of these crushable cans for the Artist Alley. It smushes down fairly flat and is lightweight. I just empty it out at the end of the day. It works wonders for all those soda bottles and paper scraps!
2008-2009: Production ADH - Webmaster
2003-2005: Production DH
2002: Newsletter staff

o hay a deviantart account

#36 User is offline   BlackWaltzPinion 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18824

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:09 PM

View PostMissyeru, on May 21 2008, 01:02 AM, said:

Bootlegging?!? what bootlegging? I didnt see any?

hmm this year was AMAZING this was my second year i thought it was much better than last year, i pretty much ran out of everything i made! there were so many more people!!!!!!!! I loved the layout i thought it was great, i thought the artest were amazing this year and that it was very quality work, and i with i spent more money on fellow artist goods!!! The table next to me was their first year and i adored them!!!!

i was just very happy but thinking about it trash cans would be a great idea, me and the table next to us just had a trashbag that we filled up..... but we didnt know what to do with it when it was full, someone eventually took it from us but still...

oh and jessica THANK YOU for putting up with my early morning spazing!!!!

~Missyeru

Ha ha, you mentioned us. That makes me a happy panda! We'll be sure to bring our own safety pins this year and plenty more granola and bananas to share! XD

But I loved it this year! I sold almost all my plushies save for a few Vivis and Black Mages, but am already starting work on stuff for next year. It was really fun and I made enough to pay for my kitty's neutering, vaccines and enough for me to finish paying for my school and books. I really didn't have any complaints, but having the artist's alley more out in the open and less separated from the Dealer's Room was awesome. Now we know that to expect more for next year! Thanks for the great time!

~Pinion, Cello Raptor Studios

magefeathers of Cello Raptor Studios
Love thy plague.
2012 Cosplay = Flam
My DeviantArt

#37 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

On topic of the "this stuff looks great! *keeps walking* thing, I'm known to do that, and my apologies if that's offended any of you, but I have a reason for doing it. Often I'll see GORGEOUS artwork that I don't want to just pass by, but alas, they have nothing but prints of characters that I don't really like/care about, or maybe I'm out of money. So I don't want to just walk past like it doesn't interest me, but I know I won't be buying, so I opt to give a compliment instead.

But this year's AA was great artist-wise! Last year I got a lot more at the AA than I did this year, but this year I got two commissioned drawings, so that sucked up a lot of my AA money. Much thanks to both of those lovely artists, though! I also picked up a pair of those really pretty brocade wrist bracers. Whoever that was is awesome for thinking of that~!
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users