• This topic is locked

Cosplay Chess Attempt 4.0

#61 User is offline   Zingy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14686

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

NYAH! I have black rook dibs, so if this is a good im 99.9% sure I can do it! If we do it. XD But I had to switch my cosplay to kanda, but thats ok.

Gyah! Acen is getting closer!
~2010! -Sigh- Indeed I do need to get working.
Pending...
Anti-Alice, Pandora Hearts 0%
R2 C.C. 0%

#62 User is offline   Raiji Magiwind 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9486

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm all for this....
Definatly start getting together with staff on this if haven't already, cause you will need a space large enough to host it, especially if you plan to do it several times. At worse I guess you could ask since its planning to be a mulpitle time thing, to see if they might let us set up a board setup outside perhaps using chalk or something, which would be easy for the Hyatt to just spray away with a hose or will vanish with the next rain.

Willing to help a little if needed. I play as a piece in Youmacon's Cosplay Shougi event each year, so I have a rough idea on how this sort of event can be...and how crazy it can get. Strong suggestion would be planning some semi-scripted games, if not already planned and set up that way. Gamekeepers can feel free to IM me as well if they like and I can offer thoughts and stuff...

I am more then willing to help where I can....
--ACEN 2011 Cosplay Plans--
LIKELY FINAL SET FOR ACEN 2011...
Persona- Philemon (P2 Ver.-V2.0); OHSHC- Nekozawa (both ver.); +DEBUT+ DGM- Neah Walker/14th
Member of: ACEN Glomp Team- GT's 1st Ninja!!, Crossplay Alliance

#63 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hey Kasey.
Once you get the details for this, lemme know.
And also if we're doing the japanese panel again this year, since I'm working Reg and such :] That way I know what to put in for schedulin'.

<3 miss ya! We need to hang out since you don't live so far away.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#64 User is offline   Phoenix Kitsune 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 21862

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

I don't suppose I can offer to play a pawn? I love chess, and I find that the pawn is shown to be the most underrated piece in the game. People overlook pawns, both in real life and chess. Of course a pawn becomes more dangerous if left alone too long. I'm surprised that i've heard many offers for all the major pieces but no offers for pawns. I offer my support setting it up, as long as it doesn't interfere with me attending the One Piece Panel. I plan to dress as Shanks from that series. I also would find it immensely funny to have Light and L, or similarly matched hero and villain masterminds if we require the controllers to be cosplayers. These are my ideas on the matter, and i'll be happy to help where I can.
What one finds to be hilarious, another may find tragic. What one woman sees as the perfect man, another finds to be the most vile. Remember that you can't make everyone happy in the end, but you can try to make them smile.

Violence doesn't solve everything, but it sure makes it a whole lot more interesting.

#65 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

I'm already in process working with staff from ACen to see if this event will run! We've got all the supplies needed to run, but we're just need to work out a few kinks!

RINI!! I HEART YOU! WE DO NEED TO HANG OUT SOON! I'll be heading down to where you live around August for college! XD I intend to do the Japanese panel this year too. XD
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#66 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:35 AM

XD;
This should be fun
I hope it works out, unlike last year
I'm glad I still got mah same piece ;0
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#67 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

Well, Kasey. Get back to me on the panel, cause you know I wanna be a panelist, sweetie <3

<3<3<3<3<3
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#68 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Black Night right here ^_^
My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#69 User is offline   Ashley loves cupcakes 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19105

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'VE HELPED RUN COSPLAY CHESS FOR 3 YEARS NOW. =) If you need ANY help, please feel free to ask me. ^^ I can be useful sometimes >: D <3

Also, a few questions;
-Will the games be scripted? Or will there be players doing what they want?
-Will there be battle music? If yes; for each character, or just in general?

^ ~ <3 !! Can't wait!
you cradle over your mistakes, and every heart you'll ever break.
proudly wearing plastic tiaras, hello kitty accessories, and dying my hair stupid colors since 'o6. scenel♥ve
social networking wh♥re; myspace livejournal deviantart gaiaonline last.fm twitter facebook
acen '10 cosplay; anything from the following list, plus looking for somewhere to stay.
franashketchumnaboorudonateamrocketryomoushimeigidgetleblanchakufuadachimomo

#70 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Girlie, you know you're on guaranteed! ^^

Unfortunately at this time, I cannot give any new news about Cosplay chess. As soon as I hear anything back from Staff, I will be sure to relay it to you guys! I'm so glad that you guys want to be a part of the event, and I will do my best to make it work. Everything on our part's done. We've got the board ready. We just need the green light from ACen staff, which I really hope we get.

Ashley Loves Cupcakes: We intend to script the moving of the pieces. However, as for people's lines, we will allow whomever is playing whichever pieces to say lines as they deem fit. No, we will probably not do battle music. Thanks for volunteering! I'll be sure to contact you if we need help! What's a good way to contact you?

Don't forget to register in the registration thread guys!

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#71 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

i can't wait to do this
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#72 User is offline   koga-kun 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11253

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

White Rook, right here!(at least I hope so, I haven't been added)
2010!
Bleach's Retsu Unohana
(maybe) D. Gray Man's Lulubell
Cat Woman
(maybe) Hetalia's Seychelles

#73 User is offline   ShadeZero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 7847

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

The White King Ready and accounted for!!!!
"Oh, Wander over Yonder
And check out this and that
If you Wander over Yonder
Best be sure to wear your hat
All the things that you will see
And you certainly will be free
If you Wander over Yonder,
Just you and me!"

#74 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

i hope we do this , this year
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#75 User is offline   The Puppeteer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14808

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I hope this can happen this year...i know you've been trying it for a while.
i cant wait to see this
げんきですか?

who wants free cookies?!

#76 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

YOU GUYS! THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

I was at Ohayocon this past weekend where I accidentally ran into a certain special person at the ACen registration booth, ROSA HALCOMB! Guess what! SHE CONFIRMED Cosplay Chess for ANIME CENTRAL 2009! WE ARE INDEED WORKING FOR IT! I am in the process of creating the official proposal now, but we are on the right track to making it work!

All of you guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been responding. School has been kicking my butt, and I don't often check the forums. If you ever need to get a hold of me, make sure to email me at Kasemei AT yahoo.com. I guarentee a response no later than a day. ^^ I will be checking the registration thread in a few days, I need to get resituated with some homework, but I will be letting you know!

HURRAH!

#77 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

That's great news! (I put up an application on the other thread for my friend, btw.) We had a few suggestions/ideas for the event, something that we think was sort of brought up earlier by another poster but we thought we'd get this figured out completely. We think it would be an awesome idea to let the kings (whomever you choose) to opt to run their own side of the chess board or to let you run it. We know things can get crazy if there isn't any order, but it would be interesting to see the kings actually run their "troops" on the board, instead of making them shadow kings. We know not everyone knows chess, so that's why we suggested that they be given at least the option to choose whether or not to play their own side or not. If they don't know chess and just want to be directed, then you or any one of your helpers who can take control and run that side of the board. It would make for more fun game-play, we think, and--even more so--allow characters on the board to be more active. Is there any way for this to happen?

--Kristen & Kasey
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#78 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

wohoo! we will be playing chess!
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#79 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

We have contemplated the King idea before, and we are in the process of still considering this now. Right now however, the proposal is set at two players controlling the chess pieces. I think it would be funny to have the controlling people cosplay as L and Light or something of the sort. This has not been finalized yet. I see that you posted in the registration thread. I will get to that as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your interest you guys! I'm so happy that we're making this work!

#80 User is offline   koga-kun 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11253

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Is someone going to update the registration thread? I'd really like to know if I got my postion.
2010!
Bleach's Retsu Unohana
(maybe) D. Gray Man's Lulubell
Cat Woman
(maybe) Hetalia's Seychelles

#81 User is offline   NINA MUSTANG 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 24380

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

i lobve chess!i'd support yje chess tournament!and the chess group.
GENERAL NINA MUSTANG

#82 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

The king idea would run on the assumption the kings are actually food at chess XP I would not count on it.
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#83 User is offline   Mecha_Shadow 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5680

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

As I've said for the past three years when we've tried to get this to go, I'll gladly take part in it XD I think it would be truly awesome if this were able to happen this year, I've seen videos of how much fun this can be. I'm planning to cosplay as a Hellhound from Hellsing or Copy X from Rockman Zero, so if there's an open spot I'll gladly fill it :P
Cosplay plans for 2015:
Gajinka Articuno (Mega Evolution Absol if unable to complete)
Fat blood elf warlock returns!

#84 User is offline   NINA MUSTANG 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 24380

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

View PostKasemei, on May 19 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

So as everyone probably knows, cosplay chess didn't run for the third consecutive year at ACen 08. I've attempted for three years of attempts and no success. This will not be the case for 2009! Last year, I posted the Cosplay Chess event for 2008 three or four days after ACen 2007 ended, but due to some huge issues not told to us by the con last minute, it was cancelled for 2008.

On that note, everyone interested pleease SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. Let ACen know that 2009 is the year to finally bring Cosplay chess to the convention! Right now there is no guarentee that I will be able to make it to ACen 2009, but I will do my best to make this event run irregardless!

This year, I had a fantastic group of people working with me on trying to get it together. The proposal is ready to be sent it as soon as ACen is ready to take stuff for next year. I want to jump the gun OFFICIALLY for this year, because if this year is not my final ACen, next year will probably for sure be it for a few years. (I go to college in the Fall of 2009).

So come on guys. Bring your thoughts, and let's try and make it work!

Edit: Reason the title fails is because I didn't realize I hit the i before submitting. >.<

ok i will as soon as i get up in the morning!i'm heading into bed.
GENERAL NINA MUSTANG

#85 User is offline   Xenn 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6280

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

I was looking forward for last year for this event because it looked like so much fun. I would really like this event to come to Acen this year so Cosplay Chess for Acen 09 is a must have!
~Proud Sqwee of The Glomp Team~
~Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate~
~Dwelller of the Insanity Forums~

Facebook

#86 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

Koga-kun: No, you didn't. Sorry! >.< What else would you want to do? If you don't get it in the first game, I can put you on the list for a second game. We do plan on doing a few games.

Nina Mustang: Thanks!

Mecha-Shadow: Pawns are still open!

You guys! WE NEED 10 MORE PEOPLE FOR COSPLAY CHESS TO HAVE THE FULL BOARD! ^^ WHEE!!!

#87 User is offline   spazchan 

• EMRT
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18860

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

Not sure what I posted for which piece I would play but I would like to be a Black Rook or Black Bishop since I will be dressed in black.
Costume ProgressProject Riddler = 100%
Project Steam Punk Riddler = 0%

I B Back

#88 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

I want to be a piece. Depending on the day will depend on my side. I'll keep a look at this to see more...
A-Cen 2015: Sailor Luna (PGSM) / Fish Mooney (Gotham TV Series) / Anthy (Revolutionary Girl Utena) / Fluttershy (My Little Pony: FIM)

(No Photos)A-cen 2014: Angewomon (Digimon) //// Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) //// Hikaru (Angelic Layer)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#89 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Spaz: I think you got whatever one you wanted.

Crimson Anime: So long as you participate! XD

Also, we have been notified that this event will be taking place in the Doubletree! ^^

I also sent out a mass email to those who registered. Please respond to the email so I know you're still interested!

#90 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

View PostKasemei, on Feb 24 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

Spaz: I think you got whatever one you wanted.

Crimson Anime: So long as you participate! XD

Also, we have been notified that this event will be taking place in the Doubletree! ^^

I also sent out a mass email to those who registered. Please respond to the email so I know you're still interested!

hey, I registered and I haven't recieved an email.
oh yea, im working on a gluttony cosplay too.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users