• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Thank You Irt! *Claps and cheers*

#61 User is offline   Chaos6008 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16789

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

I've actually been considering applying for IRT in '11 after i'm done with College. Can't do it this year because I need to be around for classes and I want to cosplay with a group of friends this year :P
Previous Cosplays: Amarant (FF9), Spy (Team Fortress 2; ACen '08, '09)
ACen 2010 cosplay: Bill (Left4Dead)

#62 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

View PostChaos6008, on Nov 20 2009, 11:10 AM, said:

I've actually been considering applying for IRT in '11 after i'm done with College. Can't do it this year because I need to be around for classes and I want to cosplay with a group of friends this year :P

And we'd be happy to have you. But college comes first. ^^
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#63 User is offline   Chaos6008 

• Pip

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Nov 20 2009, 01:36 PM, said:

And we'd be happy to have you. But college comes first. ^^

yeah. senior year, spring term, a week before finals... probably not the best time to be doing IRT stuff for ACen and missing some classes.

#64 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

View PostChaos6008, on Nov 20 2009, 03:56 PM, said:

yeah. senior year, spring term, a week before finals... probably not the best time to be doing IRT stuff for ACen and missing some classes.

Make the plans to join next year then :) Acen will still be here.
Medic 6 : ACen 2014 EMRT ConCenter Supervisor (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#65 User is offline   Chaos6008 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

haha. Yeah, I'm thinking about it. All you IRT guys are pretty awesome, and I think IRT would be kind of fun too.

#66 User is offline   Irish 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 15727

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

College comes first? HA! Thats a joke. I remember leaving early from my Drawing & Characterization class to walk my happy butt from Schaumburg down to the stupid convention because my DH told me someone pulled the fire alarm (again) and they needed more hands. Walking on foot, of course, only because my epic-level POS Jeep's engine block decided to crack.

College SHOULD come first... some of us are just natural born slackers though. (no comments from the IRT peanut gallery :P)

-Irish
sleep deprived Tunnel Rat extraordinare

on a side note, language filters and insufficiantly grumpy emoticons can go suck it.

#67 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

View PostIrish, on Nov 23 2009, 01:48 PM, said:

College comes first? HA! Thats a joke. I remember leaving early from my Drawing & Characterization class to walk my happy butt from Schaumburg down to the stupid convention because my DH told me someone pulled the fire alarm (again) and they needed more hands. Walking on foot, of course, only because my epic-level POS Jeep's engine block decided to crack.

College SHOULD come first... some of us are just natural born slackers though. (no comments from the IRT peanut gallery :P)

-Irish
sleep deprived Tunnel Rat extraordinare

on a side note, language filters and insufficiantly grumpy emoticons can go suck it.

Which is interesting, because we've only ever had the fire alarm pulled once.

I should note for our non-staff forumites that no DH should ask you to leave college to come help at con. If you've been accepted with full knowledge that you have a big enough commitment that would require you to leave for a period during con (local college classes, graduation, wedding), then you're off for that period. No comments on the past, just remarking that that shouldn't happen in the future.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#68 User is offline   Chaos6008 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Nov 23 2009, 02:05 PM, said:

Which is interesting, because we've only ever had the fire alarm pulled once.

I should note for our non-staff forumites that no DH should ask you to leave college to come help at con. If you've been accepted with full knowledge that you have a big enough commitment that would require you to leave for a period during con (local college classes, graduation, wedding), then you're off for that period. No comments on the past, just remarking that that shouldn't happen in the future.

but if you accept to help in some case like that, you can't blame the DH. <_<

#69 User is offline   Shay 

• Pocky Girl
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 8706

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

View PostChaos6008, on Nov 23 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

but if you accept to help in some case like that, you can't blame the DH. <_<

Actually... IRT understands that during con hours we are pretty much always on shift (we can get called in during our off-hours unless we've been put down by a supervisor or medic) but school is different and has to come first. Obviously it's preferred for IRT to be on site during con hours, but if you have a class or final that you can't get out of, that would be an allowed absence and no one should be expected to leave class early... as long as the DH/ADH/Shift Commanders know that you're at class, you wouldn't be called. If no one knows where you are, then you can expect a call of course, which is why you make sure to get special things like that cleared. ^_^

So basically, the DH shouldn't have called Irish as long as he knew that Irish was in class. But the past is past and who knows the exact circumstances on why he was called. But like Rabbi said, things like that shouldn't happen.

#70 Guest_RedXIII_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Post icon  Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

Alright guys and gals. Lets stop beating a dead horse. We all know there were things in the past that weren't ran as they should have been. They are in the process of being fixed. That's all that really matters. :-)

Thanks!!!
Red XIII "The energizer operative"

IRT Floor Op 2008, IRT Floor Op & Dispatch 2009, IRT Dispatch 2010

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users