#1 User is offline   Pixeldot 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3392

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

What is this? I noticed it on the programming schedule
Acen '08 Cosplay:

Zombie Aerith!!

(It's gonna rock, keep an eye out for me)

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

View PostPixeldot, on May 13 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

What is this? I noticed it on the programming schedule

Well it basically is a place for artists to get together after the alley has closed and they can talk, do commisions, and other artist stuff. in other words.
Its a hangout for the artists to get together and talk draw share tips and relax after a long day in the alley.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Pixeldot 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3392

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Oo. So is it reserved for only artists alley patrons only, or can the general public come in too?

And question 2: Are things still being sold at it, other than commissions? (Ex. artists selling their pre-made work to other artists who didn't have a chance to walk around earlier, if the general con-goer isn't allowed in)
Acen '08 Cosplay:

Zombie Aerith!!

(It's gonna rock, keep an eye out for me)

#4 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:31 AM

View PostPixeldot, on May 14 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

Oo. So is it reserved for only artists alley patrons only, or can the general public come in too?

And question 2: Are things still being sold at it, other than commissions? (Ex. artists selling their pre-made work to other artists who didn't have a chance to walk around earlier, if the general con-goer isn't allowed in)

I believe it is for the Alley Artists. I will have to confirm wiether it is allowed to sell things, but I dont think it is...... I have to check though.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#5 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on May 14 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

I believe it is for the Alley Artists. I will have to confirm wiether it is allowed to sell things, but I dont think it is...... I have to check though.

Nope-we cannot sell in the hotel. Against the contract. Picking up or taking orders for commissions is ok, but you can't actively sell.

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on May 14 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

I have found out from Jesica that regular con goers can attend as well.

#7 User is offline   Missyeru 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 2706

Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:57 AM

i feel retarted because every year i say im going to do this and i always get ADD andforget....next year... next year

how was it this year?
Acen '11 Cosplay
Caitlyn from League of Legends
Acen '12 Cosplays
Super Secret Character from League of Legends
Thief Paine - FFX-2
Black Mage Paine - FFX-2
Possibly Effie Trinket if I decide to bring her

#8 User is offline   Genmaru 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16976

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

View PostMissyeru, on May 24 2008, 03:57 AM, said:

i feel retarted because every year i say im going to do this and i always get ADD andforget....next year... next year

how was it this year?

Lol, my friend and I couldn't find it. So we asked at the con information room and they told us it was canceled because there wasn't anyone there.
I'm a Graphic Designer / Artist
My Deviant Art account is at chadcarlson.deviantart.com

My website is at chadcarlson.net
I am selling art in the Artist Alley under the name Design Flat (dflat).
====================================
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Akagen ~ Wii Friend Code: Coming Soon
Pokemon Code: 1203-6843-6932 ~ Pokemon Name: Genmaru ~ SSBB Code: Coming Soon

#9 User is offline   Vegarin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19162

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

View PostGenmaru, on May 25 2008, 11:38 AM, said:

Lol, my friend and I couldn't find it. So we asked at the con information room and they told us it was canceled because there wasn't anyone there.

There were a lot of us there at the start actually. I was there for about 2 hours myself lol. I think after the guy hosting had to leave, we all just kinda fizzled out on our own :P

#10 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:51 AM

View PostVegarin, on Jul 31 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

There were a lot of us there at the start actually. I was there for about 2 hours myself lol. I think after the guy hosting had to leave, we all just kinda fizzled out on our own :P

Yeah that was me, I was called upon to help reg. Sorry it didnt go well.

#11 User is offline   Vegarin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19162

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Aug 1 2008, 06:51 AM, said:

Yeah that was me, I was called upon to help reg. Sorry it didnt go well.

Oh it went well, it just didnt last long lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users