Anime Central Forums: Leaving/entering Programs - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Leaving/entering Programs

#1 User is offline   Ghoul304 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17375
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Location:Buffalo Grove, Illinois, US

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked, or i've really not seen it be asked anywhere, or answered for that matter.
Are you allowed to leave programs early or enter them later?
Like for for say the Masquerade, would you be allowed to leave ealier?
How about just other blocks and such.
I'm just wondering, because if it's a no then i have to plan out my schedule somehow so it doesnt overlap. . ^^"

Also..is there any place i can find the descriptions of the programs happening? Because some seem interesting by the tittle, but other than that i can't tell.
[This shall be my first year at A'Cen so i want to be sure i don't mess up on something or act rudely.]
nu nu

#2 User is offline   PRhunk15 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17347
  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: 27-February 08
  • Location:Chi-Town, Illinois

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

Wow, that's just the question I was gonna ask. It's my first year at Acen too, and a lot of the programs seem pretty cool, but most of them do overlap. I mean, I don't wanna seem rude by leaving in the middle of a panel or by interrupting a panel, ya know?

#3 User is offline   excelMAX 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1371
  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 02-January 04

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Im pretty sure its fine and you can do that. Been going to 5 ACEN's and I've seen people enter and leave as they please at panels and various programming.
Cosplay plans for ACEN 09:
Negi Springfield (Negima!): Friday-Saturday
Rorona Zoro (One Piece) ??
Random Drunken Otaku: Sunday

ACEN Costumes Past: Nabeshin (Excel Saga in 04), Kabuto (Naruto in 05), Sasori (Naruto in 06), Kimura-Sensai (Azumanga Diaoh in 06), Negi Springfield (Green Jacket) (Negima in 07)

Current Anime Addictions: Negima!, City Hunter, Death Note, Naruto

Favorite Animes of all time: Berserk, Negima, Dragonball

#4 User is offline   Ghoul304 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17375
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Location:Buffalo Grove, Illinois, US

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

That's good to hear then. I mean it's not like i'll be leaving straight smack in the middle of people just talking or anything, but after an hour of some things i might have to leave.

i just had a random question that does not fit in here..but why not..if anyone see's it.
how far are the fast food places around there? xD McD's close? lol [only cheap place and will have to deal with it for the weekend]
nu nu

#5 User is offline   A True Elsewhere 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17804
  • Posts: 154
  • Joined: 07-April 08
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

View PostGhoul304, on May 13 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

That's good to hear then. I mean it's not like i'll be leaving straight smack in the middle of people just talking or anything, but after an hour of some things i might have to leave.

i just had a random question that does not fit in here..but why not..if anyone see's it.
how far are the fast food places around there? xD McD's close? lol [only cheap place and will have to deal with it for the weekend]


I remember walking into and out of various panels last year. As long as you're quiet and don't disturb anyone, it's always okay.

And yeah, McDonald's is a walk away... Uhh, you walk down the big road just outside of the hotel, if I remember correctly. It's not far at all, but expect to be stared at if you're in costume... I remember all the odd looks we ACEN goers got from old ladies last year. :P Ohp! But one lady smiled at me.
ACen '07 Cosplay: Mamimi from FLCL
ACen '08 Cosplay: Akari-chan from Aria the Animation
ACen '09 Cosplay: Mithos from Tales of Symphonia
ACen '10 Cosplay: Shinooka from Oofuri/Big Windup!
ACen '11 Cosplay: Ayase from No Money (Okane ga nai!)
ACen '11 Cosplay: Adele from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
ACen '12 Cosplay: TinTin from 'The Adventures of TinTin'
ACen '13 Cosplay: Hibari from Senran Kagura

#6 User is offline   Zabet 

  • Guest Relations ASC
  • Pip
  • Group: Assistant Section Chief
  • Member No.: 17224
  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: 13-February 08
  • Location:NW Indiana

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

I've left panels early and came in late as well, so it should be fine unless they have added rules I've very unaware of! :3
Just make sure you try to make as little disturbance as possible while doing either as to be respectful to others. Also be aware that some panels and programs will be full so you may not get in if you get there late (this is true with big events like the masquerade where there is a long line to get in to begin with) but at the same time later into some events it is easier to get in because the crowd has thinned out (I generally have found this to be true with Midnight Madness :3) - just depends what you're going to, its popularity, and of course, room capacity :P

Hope this helps - have fun at the con! :D
Guest Relations ASC: 2012
Guest Escorts DH: 2011
IRT Guest Escorts: 2008-2010

#7 User is offline   Ghoul304 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17375
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Location:Buffalo Grove, Illinois, US

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostA True Elsewhere, on May 13 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

I remember walking into and out of various panels last year. As long as you're quiet and don't disturb anyone, it's always okay.

And yeah, McDonald's is a walk away... Uhh, you walk down the big road just outside of the hotel, if I remember correctly. It's not far at all, but expect to be stared at if you're in costume... I remember all the odd looks we ACEN goers got from old ladies last year. :P Ohp! But one lady smiled at me.

Of course i'd be quiet >D works much better since i'm going alone.

That's good, maps have been messing with me so i couldn't get a close place.
Well stared at will be okay i guess. XD Some attention is needed after a time of sitting behind closed doors lol. :P
at least someone smiles =D

a'lot of people say my friday outfit makes me look like a terrorist... :blink: guess good thing is i'm getting later on friday so wont need any food. saturday..oh should be intersting. xD
Thanks for the info though

View PostZabet, on May 13 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

I've left panels early and came in late as well, so it should be fine unless they have added rules I've very unaware of! :3
Just make sure you try to make as little disturbance as possible while doing either as to be respectful to others. Also be aware that some panels and programs will be full so you may not get in if you get there late (this is true with big events like the masquerade where there is a long line to get in to begin with) but at the same time later into some events it is easier to get in because the crowd has thinned out (I generally have found this to be true with Midnight Madness :3)

Hope this helps - have fun at the con! :D

That's good then. Well if it's filled up then i guess i'll just walk around instead, no biggie. =P
But as for the big panels, i'm not getting late to those hah
nu nu

#8 User is offline   sammy-45 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42
  • Posts: 1,310
  • Joined: 09-April 03
  • Location:Near Ottawa, Il

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

A warning thought.

If you get a ticket for the Masquerade or one of the concert blocks (read here for more info: http://www.acen.org/index.php?categoryid=5...2_articleid=101 )and you leave before the event is over you will not be able to go back into that event. This is only true for the concerts and the masquerade.

Other events as long as you are quite and respectful of the panelist you will be able to come and go. But if the panel is packed full you might not be able to get into it if you come late.

As for dinning in the area check out this link http://www.acen.org/...p?categoryid=30
Or the info will be in our program book.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!


Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#9 User is offline   Ghoul304 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17375
  • Posts: 76
  • Joined: 01-March 08
  • Location:Buffalo Grove, Illinois, US

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

View Postsammy-45, on May 14 2008, 09:13 AM, said:

A warning thought.

If you get a ticket for the Masquerade or one of the concert blocks (read here for more info: http://www.acen.org/index.php?categoryid=5...2_articleid=101 )and you leave before the event is over you will not be able to go back into that event. This is only true for the concerts and the masquerade.

Other events as long as you are quite and respectful of the panelist you will be able to come and go. But if the panel is packed full you might not be able to get into it if you come late.

As for dinning in the area check out this link http://www.acen.org/...p?categoryid=30
Or the info will be in our program book.

Thanks. =]
I figured that much about not being able to reenter those, but you can leave right? it's not like you're locked in there till its over. xD cause it's pretty long and such.
nu nu

#10 User is offline   sammy-45 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42
  • Posts: 1,310
  • Joined: 09-April 03
  • Location:Near Ottawa, Il

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

Yep you can leave any event at any time.
Because life happens and sometimes you just need a bathroom break.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!


Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users