Anime Central Forums: Friends, Romans, Countrymen! Lend Me Your Pin Collection! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Friends, Romans, Countrymen! Lend Me Your Pin Collection!

#1 User is offline   otakucomedian_thefirst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 17099

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

LOL...gotta love Shakespeare huh!? anyway...just wanted to know...if anyone here collected pins!? Pins as in lapel pins shaped to look liked your favorite anime characters!! Ive been collecting pins for about 3 years..totall of about 30 in my collection...15 of them anime related ones...i usually like to get a few at acen too and wear them on my lanyard! and I also take my 5 fav from my collection to bring! this year i chose: Gintoki (gintama) Sadaharu (gintama), Woolfwood (trigun), Jiraiya (naruto), Renji (bleach)....lets see what I can get this year!! how about you guys!?

#2 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I collect Hard Rock Cafe Pins, but not anime ones! >_<
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#3 User is offline   otakucomedian_thefirst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 17099

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

View PostThe Commodore, on May 10 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

I collect Hard Rock Cafe Pins, but not anime ones! >_<

oh!! I got those too! ...i got one from Niagra falls, 3 from Detroit, and 2 from Chicago!

#4 User is offline   nukiuchi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9995

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

::fangirling:: Ah! I've had a anime pin-fancy since 2000. Haven't counted how many... I'm guessing a hundred or close to that number. But I've sadly slacked off in purchasing new anime pins. The pin backs are so unreliable! A handful of them have been lost from falling off my lanyard and backpack and whatnot. So I've moved on to keychains. And plushies. Oh and stickers. Blah, they're all mixed together in a giant tote box, so it's hard to tell what's goin on with my collection now. Anime collecting is an expensive hobby. v_v

Maybe my rarest one is Youzen (Houshin Engi). My favorite one has gotta be Hidaka Ken (Weiss Kreuz). Just because it's Ken. :) Man, those pins are so cute.
(O_o) nukiuchi + kai (^_^)

俺を誰とが思ってやがる~?!

#5 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

I at one point had a Salior Jupitar pin that I adored to death...aaaaaaaaand then I lost it or got it stolen...and haven't gotten an anime pin since. I also had a little one of Valgav from SLAYERS, but my ex stole it >.<
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#6 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

my gf has pins all over the top [interior] of her car
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#7 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

I have a few. My favorite is my one from Heidelberg, Germany, but I do have some anime ones as well.

-Kenshin chibi
-Kenshin bust
-Yamamaya (Azumanga. From the DVD)
-Sailor Saturn bust
-Chichiri (Fushigi Yuugi)
-Nuriko and Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
-Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
-Roy Mustang

I also have some Disney ones and a Japanese flag from Epcot Japan.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#8 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

my old work apron is full of pins. but when i find it i'll be wearin it to acen at one point
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#9 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

When I bought the Complete Collection box set of Witch Hunter Robin, included inside were three pins. I love those things to death; I even wore them last ACen (and will this year!). One is of Robin (full body), the second is a group shot of the STN-J. The third, Amon's head, sadly I can't find it. I think I gave it to someone. That was my favorite, too.... :(
ACen 2015 Cosplays ("Personal Idols"):
Lulu (Final Fantasy X/X-2) :: Yomiko Readman (Read or Die OVA) :: possible 3rd??

#10 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

I guess in a sense I have a promo/anime/picked up in my travels pin/ button collection.
It all started my freshman year of high school back in 1997/1998, my pareants bought me one of those jackets with the school name on the back ( Varsity?). I decided since I probably wouldn't get any patchs for it, since I was not on any sports teams, I would try to see how much of it could be cover with pins by the end of senior year in 2001. Needless to say about 3/4 of the front of the jacket was covered by then. During my time in college I'd still put buttons on it from time to time. But not really to much. I throw some pins on my work smock at Hobby Lobby sometimes, plus I currently wear a few on my lanyard I wear as a teachers' aid.
Then came the weeks after I found out I had cancer(I been cancer free for a while now as a good chunk of forum members know) in December 2005. One of the items I got for Christmas that year was a hat, that can be seen it my profile picture, that kinda looks like the one that Jamie wears on Mythbusters.-later on in May 2006, I picked up a liter hat for the warm months- I decided as a conversation start for when I'd be places, I would start pick up and putting different pins on it switch them out and updating them every four to six months depending on the number that had a massed on my hats. So now any pin that I take off either hat ends up on my old high school jacket.
The only pins that are switched back and forth between the two hats are my two cancer survior pins, my Oh No! I bust a nut button, a Ryoko pin, my tea club button, and my Azumanga Daioh Yama pin

So currently, the pins/buttons have covered all of the front and now is slowly starting to creep on to the sleeves and back.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2015, C2E2, ACen 2015, Anime Midwest 2015 (staff), G-Fest XXX, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 15: End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Jagaur D. Saul (One Piece).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users