• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Attention All Panelists

#1 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1090

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

Announcement: I am leaving in about 2 hours for the convention. What's in the database now is what's in the database before con. We are completely CLOSED on this one, you will have to come see us at Panel Ops if your stuff isn't in.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ryan Dinkelman, and I am going to take charge of Panelist Comp Badges. This will be the 5th Acen I have worked at, and all of them have been related to panel programming. I am super excited to be coming up on another, I just need a little bit of patience from you while I take down all of your information. We have been getting a lot of emails about panelist comp badges, and I am here to clear up the matter, and explain why we require everyone to use our registration system even though you are being comped for running a panel.

As of this posting, there are only 51 people who are in the Panelist Comp Badge Spreadsheet. I know there are many more of you out there, so please tell your panel running friends to look at this. Because many of you are not in our database of Panelist Comp Badges, I am going to explain each step in detail, then list the instructions at the end.

IF you haven't heard from someone on our staff about your panel comp, please read the stickied thread about the rules of panelist comping( http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=22788 ), THEN send me an email at hajimesaitoh AT gmail DOT com. I will be able to confirm whether or not you are in our system, then get you set up. It is important that you do this, and it will only take a couple minutes of your time. Everyone on our staff is getting pumped for the convention, and many of us are being overwhelmed with the flow of information. Please understand if we cannot get back to you immediately, but I will be checking my email every single day from now until Thursday morning, and it is the most important thing on my plate right now.

Getting your information into our database will eliminate many many hassles that could delay your access to your Panelist's badge. If we don't have express registration info from you before you get to con, YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT AT CON. While we have some access to computers, we cannot guarantee that we will have one available for your use. This means that you may be required to go over to the convention center and line up to use the computers there. Trust me when I say that taking care of this now will eliminate hassle at the convention.

So, if you haven't used EXPRESS REGISTRATION yet and you are a panelist, please go to http://www.acen.org/...p?categoryid=15 or https://acen.org/registration/ and fill out the form. It includes contact information, medical allergy information, etc... This information is very important, we are trying to ensure that everyone has a fun and safe convention. If for any reason you need medical attention, and every year people do for various reasons, we need to know if you have allergic reactions to medications, or any other conditions which could impact your treatment. This is a requirement for EVERYONE who attends the convention, whether they are being comped or not. That is why we require panelists to use the express registration. Note that if you registered and paid already, you have already done this. You just need to get your Badge Number from the registration website.

Once you enter your information, hit submit, and you will be taken to another page where you will select your registration login, which is different than your forum handle. Select a login and password and submit, and you will be taken to a new page with an anime central registration header. Select Badge Info, second option from the top on the lefthand side. You will see Badge Name, Badge Type(should be full weekend), Badge Number(write this down or copy it), and it should say registered - unpaid next to badge status. If you have any thing else written there, copy it and email it to me at my email address below.

WHAT I NEED YOU TO DO:

1. If you haven't, go to EXPRESS REGISTRATION and fill out the form. Save your Badge ID number, which will look like XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX.
2. Send me an email(hajimesaitoh AT gmail DOT com) with the following information(If you have sent an email before, just forward me the email. I want to make sure everyone is in the list.):
A. Your Name
B. Your Panel
C. Your Badge ID(from express registration, above)
D. Group ID(if you paid as a group)
E. Information in the Badge Status Line if it does not read "registered - unpaid"
3. Wait for an email from me. If all your information checks out, the email will be very short, and it will say "Thank you for saving us both time and effort, enjoy your week before con!" If there is an issue, I will ask you for more information on the situation(if all the instructions above are followed, these should be minimal).

Thanks for a moment of your time, and send all of your panelist friends to this thread!
Ryan Dinkelman

#2 User is offline   Catwho 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5914

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Sent! And thank you.
FFXI~Catwho of Bismarck :: A bunch of jobs at level 99 :: Gjallarhorn Bard For Life
FFXIV~ Catwho of Balmung :: Baby THM 35 and not much else
www.catwho.net
Find me on Fanfiction.net as well!

#3 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16764

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

In an effort not to look completely stupid, and at the risk of sounding stupid anyways, if we've already sent our info to Purplegodess, and have received confirmation, do we need to send it in again?

I mean, we're the group running the Yuri, Hentai, DGM, X, and All in the Family panels, but I've exchanged e-mails several times with Lynn and Purplegodess. If you need any information from us, feel free just to tell us.

Thanks for getting everything up and running, we know you guys have got a lot to work on, and we appreciate that you guys are managing to get to this too.
Ly(ndsay)

AWOL Panelists 2010 Team Leader
No! Stop! It Feels Good!- A Hentai Panel (18+)
Yuri: Doing It the Right Way (18+)
Yaoi From Top to Bottom(18+)
Shoujo-ai: Girl Love Without the Sticky Mess(16+)

#4 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

View PostMaster Aniki, on May 11 2008, 03:06 AM, said:

In an effort not to look completely stupid, and at the risk of sounding stupid anyways, if we've already sent our info to Purplegodess, and have received confirmation, do we need to send it in again?

I mean, we're the group running the Yuri, Hentai, DGM, X, and All in the Family panels, but I've exchanged e-mails several times with Lynn and Purplegodess. If you need any information from us, feel free just to tell us.

Thanks for getting everything up and running, we know you guys have got a lot to work on, and we appreciate that you guys are managing to get to this too.

If you have received confirmation, you don't need to resend the information. That said, it wouldn't hurt to resend it. The worst that would happen is that it was a waste of a minute or two making sure you are all entered, but if you forgot somebody, it could really pay off.

#5 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

Basically Ryan and Chris are taking up some duties for me as I will have to go offline at this point to deal with my finals. If you already corresponded with purplegoddess and myself you should be fine. Anybody sending things out now though, will be handed by these two gentlemen.

Basically Chris and Ryan both have been in our department for years, and are people I trust immensely. They are reliable and simply good people. Everyone is aware there has been some issues in previous months. They are acting in my place and should be treated like you would treat myself or purplegoddess.

I will continue to be semi available mostly for any conflict that comes up that cannot be answered but give them a chance to address any concerns you may have.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#6 User is offline   Catwho 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5914

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

Good luck on your finals! ^_^
FFXI~Catwho of Bismarck :: A bunch of jobs at level 99 :: Gjallarhorn Bard For Life
FFXIV~ Catwho of Balmung :: Baby THM 35 and not much else
www.catwho.net
Find me on Fanfiction.net as well!

#7 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16764

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

View Postthrawn, on May 10 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

If you have received confirmation, you don't need to resend the information. That said, it wouldn't hurt to resend it. The worst that would happen is that it was a waste of a minute or two making sure you are all entered, but if you forgot somebody, it could really pay off.

Okay, I'm sending it in right now. The only information I don't have on hand is from our one panelist who has only recently been able to come 100% and who pre-registered an paid already. I've commented on that to both Lynn and Purplegodess, and they both said it would be dealt with at-con.
Ly(ndsay)

AWOL Panelists 2010 Team Leader
No! Stop! It Feels Good!- A Hentai Panel (18+)
Yuri: Doing It the Right Way (18+)
Yaoi From Top to Bottom(18+)
Shoujo-ai: Girl Love Without the Sticky Mess(16+)

#8 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

OK, I have been through the emails that were sent to panelprogramming AT gmail DOT com, so if you don't have a confirmation email from someone, please send me an email as laid out above. I will be tackling the acen.org email tomorrow.

Thanks to all who had sent in their information, I now have 97 people signed up, with more to follow! That's a tremendous improvement!

#9 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

The Deadline for getting me your information is Tuesday Night! I am going to try to send out an email when I compile a list of email addresses from the forms about this tomorrow, but please link people to this forum from the other forums on this website!

#10 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hrm, I've been talking to purplegodess so it should be okay right? She said she got mine aand all my other panelist's badge info for comp.
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#11 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

View PostAmunet, on May 12 2008, 02:56 AM, said:

Hrm, I've been talking to purplegodess so it should be okay right? She said she got mine aand all my other panelist's badge info for comp.

You should be in good shape then.

#12 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

Okay, thank you very much!
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#13 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

We are all working together so dont worry

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#14 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

My boyfriend sent an email to panelprogramming and he said he didn't get an email back. (He sent it at least a week ago I think...I forget when exactly.) He's in the Ouran panel. Should he send another? Or is there any info I can give to have his name confirmed?
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#15 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

Please, if you haven't gotten a reply back, SEND THE EMAIL. I don't think I saw anything from him, which could mean that it got lost in the spam folder, which is overwhelming on these accounts. if you send it to me at the address above or to panelprogramming AT gmail DOT com, we should receive it. We are looking to find more of these people who aren't on the lists, and I will be trying to compile an email address list tomorrow. Until then, however, please save us the time by sending in your information!

#16 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

All right, a new email has just been sent to hajimesaitoh. It was sent with a gmail address, so I would hope it doesn't end up in the junk folders. >_> (Then again, the one sent before was also gmail...) Anyhoo, I hope it makes it through this time. Thanks
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#17 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Ok, i was told this:

"panelist badges should be picked up at Lambert located in the HYATT."

Who or what is Lambert? Please advise.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#18 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

View Postjenchan, on May 12 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

Ok, i was told this:

"panelist badges should be picked up at Lambert located in the HYATT."

Who or what is Lambert? Please advise.

Lambert is the name of a room. Every room has a name to uniquely identify it. For an example of this, see the right hand side of the panel schedule.

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#19 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

View Postピケギン, on May 12 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

Lambert is the name of a room. Every room has a name to uniquely identify it. For an example of this, see the right hand side of the panel schedule.

Thanks.

Are we looking at the same document here?
http://www.acen.org/...hedule_0510.pdf

I don't see anything marked Lambert...all that's on the right side is schedule times.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#20 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

I used those as examples. For instance, Florence is the name of a room as well. Lambert happens to be the name of the room for Panel Programming Operations. No panels will take place there, hence why it is not on the schedule. There will be a name on the room saying Lambert and a sign outside the door indicating we are Panel Programming Operations.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#21 User is offline   touma_karamochi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5472

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

View Postjenchan, on May 12 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Are we looking at the same document here?
http://www.acen.org/...hedule_0510.pdf

I don't see anything marked Lambert...all that's on the right side is schedule times.

Lambert is probley going to be Panel Operations, so it won't be marked on the panel schedule.

But I am wondering(and I'll probley faceslap if it's somewhere else on these forums), is there a map of the Hyatt hotel online so we know where the rooms are?
Panels at ACen 2013:
*More Raiding the Boys' Toybox: Girls who like Tokusatsu 2 (Approved!)
*Ultraman: Space Paladins(Approved!)
- Toku-Photoshoot 2014 - Sat Afternoon

#22 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

View Posttouma_karamochi, on May 12 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

Lambert is probley going to be Panel Operations, so it won't be marked on the panel schedule.

But I am wondering(and I'll probley faceslap if it's somewhere else on these forums), is there a map of the Hyatt hotel online so we know where the rooms are?

As requested,
http://www.ohare.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/ho...o/floorplan.pdf

Thanks.

Edit: To avoid confusion, Lambert has a collapse-able wall, so Lambert A and Lambert B are the same room.
London, Paris, Florence, and Vienna are located in the Hyatts Basement (Called International Level in the Floor Plan)
DFW, LAX, Lambert, Main Events A and Main Events B are located on the ground floor (Called Entry Level in the Floor Plan)
The Exhibit Hall panels are not located in the Hyatt at all, in fact, they are located in the Convention Center.
I hope that helps :).
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#23 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quick update here: I count around 90 Fan-run panels, and we now have 104 fan panelists registered for comp badges. This is a much better number, but I am going to try to get it even higher. I am going to send everyone I can find an email address for another email, so I apologize if any of you receive another from me so soon.

#24 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

Please note that the schedule has been updated, so check it again before emailing me to ask about your panel to see if an error was caught and fixed between the versions.

The Deadline is tonight! Get those suckers in now!

#25 User is offline   otakucomedian_thefirst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 17099

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

View Postthrawn, on May 13 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

Please note that the schedule has been updated, so check it again before emailing me to ask about your panel to see if an error was caught and fixed between the versions.

The Deadline is tonight! Get those suckers in now!

questions...can my panel be moved..by just like a half hour later...its at a time where nothing else is going on afterwards

#26 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

View Postotakucomedian_thefirst, on May 14 2008, 12:02 AM, said:

questions...can my panel be moved..by just like a half hour later...its at a time where nothing else is going on afterwards

What is your panel name?
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#27 User is offline   otakucomedian_thefirst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 17099

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

View Postピケギン, on May 13 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

What is your panel name?

Why Tokusatsu will never be the same....its friday at 6 to 7....wed like it moved like some time after..6:30 mabye...since all the panelist wanna go to the Power rangers panel at 5:30 of course...and i honestly think its possible since..after us..theres nothing schedualed except artist alley after dark....and that goes for SOME time

and fyi...im not the leader of this panel..my friend Carey is..but I am on the panel..

#28 User is offline   thrawn 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

Well, Deadline has passed. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't still send me the information. We do need to get you your badge after all, but it will be most likely printed closer to the con.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users