Anime Central Forums: Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 In high demand

#91 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

Okay, I see that the schedule has been updated, but I do have a question/concern. This year Gaia Online is supposed to have a panel/gathering, but I have yet to see one listed. According to someone in the official thread on the site, one of the people with info and such about this event is still waiting for things to be finalized and such (if you're a Gaian, I believe it's DJ Hellsing).

Will the schedule be changed if things are finalized so we can figured out when and where the panel/gathering will be or what? I've been looking forward to the Gaia event since I saw it on their convention schedule page, so not seeing it has me a little concerned and confused. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#92 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

*looks at schedule*

ooooooook....so where is the autograph area for the VA's?

#93 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:17 AM

View Postangrypata, on May 12 2008, 02:05 AM, said:

Wow, that's incredibly racist. I'm surprised you let that one pass. Is there a special yellow-fever access code they're going to share or something?

I was about to follow along and see what you had to say, but you kind of threw your arguement out when you used that term. Almost as equivalent to the n-bomb. That's how you use the term pot calling the kettle black properly.

Do you know what I find offensive? Japanese animation.
Spoiler

DiD U C WAT I dId thar?

View PostSarah, on May 13 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

*looks at schedule*

ooooooook....so where is the autograph area for the VA's?

Exhibit hall.
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#94 User is offline   jrbestler 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10946

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

Any chance of getting the panel descriptions posted along with the schedule?

I have to say, I'm pretty happy to see so many "serious" panels on this year's schedule. When I first came to Acen I remember there just being a lot of fan panels, which can be fun but get tired after awhile. (This is, of course, coming from someone who ran a fan panels last year) I've had a lot of fun the past two years as there have been more panels on industry or approaching anime/manga as one would literature.

I'm realy looking foreward to the 4 hour block on Saturday of "Psychology in Anime", "Occult in Anime" and "Ethics of Deathnote". By the title the panel I'm hoping "East vs West and The Graphic Novel" might actualy be a discussion of the medium rather than the tired conversation of "American comics suck because Japanese comics rock".
The hordes of hades all need to ship their dorm rooms home. Right now.
The leviathian has a job that will take 12 hours to run, but they need it in 2.
The four horsemen want to know why my store isn't open 24 hours.

My day's great. How's yours?

#95 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

View PostRena-Chan, on May 13 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

But...but...but...I didn't do any slandering! Why have not made any such comments dealing with that issue, so why do you quote me to yell about it? I was just amused with someone's comment; that's all. I mean, if you look aside from that one bit, all that I have done on this thread is noting my frusteration and saying that I feel YOUR pain and sympathize with you. Why am I being made an example of for this?

(besides, written would be libel, not slander *cringes, awaiting retaliation* )

There is no problem with you, you were simply the latest post in the line of context. If I had mod powers I would have moved discussion of this elsewhere. I need to keep this thread open for issues with the
schedule. Speaking of, the "updated" schedule on the website isn't actually "updated". I think Lynn sent in the wrong one on accident.

To those running them Lemon panel and the FMA spoof panel, your time slots were adjusted to what they were on Lynn's site prior to the link being removed. In addition a Gaia Online meetup has been added. There will be Last minute changes at the con so please make sure to read the boards of each panel room to ensure your panel is still there at that time. If you have a concern about your particularly scheduled panel time, please PM me.

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#96 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

View Postjrbestler, on May 13 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

I have to say, I'm pretty happy to see so many "serious" panels on this year's schedule. When I first came to Acen I remember there just being a lot of fan panels, which can be fun but get tired after awhile. (This is, of course, coming from someone who ran a fan panels last year) I've had a lot of fun the past two years as there have been more panels on industry or approaching anime/manga as one would literature.

I'm realy looking foreward to the 4 hour block on Saturday of "Psychology in Anime", "Occult in Anime" and "Ethics of Deathnote". By the title the panel I'm hoping "East vs West and The Graphic Novel" might actualy be a discussion of the medium rather than the tired conversation of "American comics suck because Japanese comics rock".

Oh yes, the "Psychology in Anime" panel sounds great and I have to try and make it to that one. I'm an anime fan (obviously) and studying to be a psychologist, so it's two of my big passions right there in one. And there really IS some interesting psychology within anime - as a medium as a whole (due to the differing cultures), and within various series'.

:D
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#97 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

View Postピケギン, on May 13 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

To those running them Lemon panel and the FMA spoof panel, your time slots were adjusted to what they were on Lynn's site prior to the link being removed. In addition a Gaia Online meetup has been added. There will be Last minute changes at the con so please make sure to read the boards of each panel room to ensure your panel is still there at that time. If you have a concern about your particularly scheduled panel time, please PM me.

Okay, awesome. ^^ Cause my friends and I are still trying to set up our schedule and such for the panels, but the Gaia event was still up in the air, so hopefully if the schedule is updated before the con, or even in the program book, we can still work it around the other panels we want to go to.

Thank you! ^^
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#98 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

View PostAshori, on May 13 2008, 09:51 AM, said:

Okay, awesome. ^^ Cause my friends and I are still trying to set up our schedule and such for the panels, but the Gaia event was still up in the air, so hopefully if the schedule is updated before the con, or even in the program book, we can still work it around the other panels we want to go to.

Thank you! ^^

Yes I agree, thank you! I really want to go ot the Gaia panel :)
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#99 User is offline   angrypata 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10308

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

View PostSpicyNinjaCat, on May 13 2008, 10:17 AM, said:

I was about to follow along and see what you had to say, but you kind of threw your arguement out when you used that term. Almost as equivalent to the n-bomb. That's how you use the term pot calling the kettle black properly.

Do you know what I find offensive? Japanese animation.
Spoiler

DiD U C WAT I dId thar?

...what?

whoa there. my point in using the term yellow fever is because that's what it is. it's not referring to japanese people, it's referring to weeaboo stalker otaku people.

man, you people are REALLY thick. just...wow. what was that thing about your life only serving as a warning to others? yeah, that.
Thanks to Time Mage, we did Super-Job! This is the way!

psst, i'm over here

#100 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

View PostLenne, on May 13 2008, 11:19 AM, said:

Oh yes, the "Psychology in Anime" panel sounds great and I have to try and make it to that one. I'm an anime fan (obviously) and studying to be a psychologist, so it's two of my big passions right there in one. And there really IS some interesting psychology within anime - as a medium as a whole (due to the differing cultures), and within various series'.

:D

This sounds really interesting, and it's great that you're able to relate your 2 passions to each other! :)

#101 User is offline   Russ85 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18333

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

View PostKomurin II, on May 13 2008, 04:13 AM, said:

At least he believes in coherency and proper use of apostrophes. I actually really like and agree with everything he said. I found it very apt and on the mark.

:lol: Whoa, I missed a single apostrophe! CALL THE GRAMMAR POLICE! But yeah, I agreed with the dude too till my brain melted with the 4chan sh!t.

View Postangrypata, on May 13 2008, 08:49 AM, said:

pot, meet kettle

i'm pretty sure the last thing otaku can lord over anyone is proximity from mom's basement

ROFL I'm no otaku. I barely watch anime, man, I go to hang out with my buds, play a few games, and get smashed. What about you, man? Are you an otaku?

View Postjrbestler, on May 13 2008, 10:56 AM, said:

Good call, man.

#102 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

Listen... I want no more on the Asian Dating Panel IN THIS THREAD. You have the option to go or to not go and creating another thread is also an option. But this is a thread about the schedule and I want it to not go careening off topic.

This thread is for discussing the schedule. You can discuss events in other threads but this is not the place. Nor is it for people to insult each other like the basement and pot calling the kettle black comments. Not cool. That is not permitted on the forums and I will not tolerate that behavior. If you want to discuss a panel, make a thread and be respectful to one another.

This has been said multiple times. I do not wish to have to take action, but if people continue to disregard when told to drop it or take it elsewhere I will do so.

If Chris says something, it should be treated no differently than if it came from myself. The last thing I want to hear while I am studying is that the forums erupted and everything has gone off topic about this panel and insulting one another over it.

Please guys, i am not yet old enough to have to play the mom.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#103 User is offline   Nei 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8617

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

View Postjrbestler, on May 13 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

I'm not a staffer, but I'm guessing the answer is not until we get the schedule books at the con. Which is just a few days away. Luckily most of the titles are self-explanatory. Give the poor folks some slack. That they're trying to put on a con the size of ACen during college finals is amazing and, well, just dang masochistic in my book. {heehee} Takes mass-scale fortitude (and Chuthulu-scale insanity). :)

Oh, about signings. The signing schedule is a separate link off the home page. If you were lucky, you printed off the first panel schedule posted which included signings in the same grid.

Nei

#104 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

View PostNei, on May 13 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

I'm not a staffer, but I'm guessing the answer is not until we get the schedule books at the con. Which is just a few days away. Luckily most of the titles are self-explanatory. Give the poor folks some slack. That they're trying to put on a con the size of ACen during college finals is amazing and, well, just dang masochistic in my book. {heehee} Takes mass-scale fortitude (and Chuthulu-scale insanity). :)

Oh, about signings. The signing schedule is a separate link off the home page. If you were lucky, you printed off the first panel schedule posted which included signings in the same grid.

Nei

Well, if you look at the old file that was posted, you will see that panel descriptions were there, unless it's been taken down already.

Because of the ACEN staff police, I have taken down the link, sorry. if one does not want a link posted, one should not post it.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#105 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

For descriptions, there is no official online posting. These will be available in the program book at the convention officially. In the mean time, if there is anything I can help you out with, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Edit: Jenchan, please remove that link. As much as I want to share that schedule, we must provide users with the official ACEN copy. I am working to try to get that official copy updated. In the mean time, please do not publicly distribute that link. Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#106 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

View Postピケギン, on May 13 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

For descriptions, there is no official online posting. These will be available in the program book at the convention officially. In the mean time, if there is anything I can help you out with, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Edit: Jenchan, please remove that link. As much as I want to share that schedule, we must provide users with the official ACEN copy. I am working to try to get that official copy updated. In the mean time, please do not publicly distribute that link. Thanks.

Ok, this was just ignorant.
That link was posted for the world to see in this forum a few weeks back in this thread:
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=22895

I was not informed that it was not to be posted again.

Anyone can bring up in a Google search, BTW. If you don't want it available, then take it off the server or password protect it. That would be the smart thing to do, instead of chastising me for posting the link.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#107 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

View Postjenchan, on May 13 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

Ok, this was just ignorant.
That link was posted for the world to see in this forum a few weeks back in this thread:
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=22895

I was not informed that it was not to be posted again.

Anyone can bring up in a Google search, BTW. If you don't want it available, then take it off the server or password protect it. That would be the smart thing to do, instead of chastising me for posting the link.

I'm well aware it was posted earlier in this thread, and it was made available to everyone until the schedule posted on the official site. It's not my job to ask why we have these policies, especially when the link you posted was more up to date than the official one. But believe me when I say I am trying to bring the most up to date information to the ACEN news page. I too was told not to redistribute that link. I am not chastising anyone for doing so, but I did politely ask you to remove it.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#108 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16764

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

View Postピケギン, on May 13 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

I'm well aware it was posted earlier in this thread, and it was made available to everyone until the schedule posted on the official site. It's not my job to ask why we have these policies, especially when the link you posted was more up to date than the official one. But believe me when I say I am trying to bring the most up to date information to the ACEN news page. I too was told not to redistribute that link. I am not chastising anyone for doing so, but I did politely ask you to remove it.

:x I actually really hope that that link doesn't keep coming up, because if it's the one I think it is, it has all of our names on it. Like... our first an last names of all of our panelists, and that kinda makes me uncomfortable.
Ly(ndsay)

AWOL Panelists 2010 Team Leader
No! Stop! It Feels Good!- A Hentai Panel (18+)
Yuri: Doing It the Right Way (18+)
Yaoi From Top to Bottom(18+)
Shoujo-ai: Girl Love Without the Sticky Mess(16+)

#109 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

Actually once that was caught that information was removed. I don't use office sometimes means conversions act a bit differently than I expect.

So the name issue has been resolved quite some time ago. But either way, since it is up on the website and is 99% correct we want people to go to that. It was never meant to be a quick fix> I have it up still because I need Ryan and Chris to be able to check things for me and we can have a dynamic copy availiable.

Frankly I don't care if panelists look at that version either since we need to know if they see any other problems. But there is a difference between the panelists and staff looking at it and a select few and wide distro.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations

#110 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have gotten the reports about deleting the off topic in this forum, however even though I am moderator, it is not letting me do it, most likely whomever admins our forums has not granted this access, I am looking into it, just know...

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

Thanks.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org || Panel Programming FAQ

#111 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 13 2008, 07:15 PM, said:

Actually once that was caught that information was removed. I don't use office sometimes means conversions act a bit differently than I expect.

So the name issue has been resolved quite some time ago. But either way, since it is up on the website and is 99% correct we want people to go to that. It was never meant to be a quick fix> I have it up still because I need Ryan and Chris to be able to check things for me and we can have a dynamic copy availiable.

Frankly I don't care if panelists look at that version either since we need to know if they see any other problems. But there is a difference between the panelists and staff looking at it and a select few and wide distro.

Okay, I was just referring to the schedule link that got put up here yesterday afternoon for RS download. That had all of our names and e-mails on it. But if that has been fixed already then I'm very glad. Thanks for doing that.
Ly(ndsay)

#112 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

View PostMaster Aniki, on May 13 2008, 11:49 PM, said:

Okay, I was just referring to the schedule link that got put up here yesterday afternoon for RS download. That had all of our names and e-mails on it. But if that has been fixed already then I'm very glad. Thanks for doing that.

Epic Fail Man kindly removed it and it was done very quickly, so your info is safe :).

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#113 User is offline   angrypata 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

View PostRuss85, on May 13 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

ROFL I'm no otaku. I barely watch anime, man, I go to hang out with my buds, play a few games, and get smashed. What about you, man? Are you an otaku?

no dude, i'm 22, female, and do pretty much the same thing--drink, toke, play video games and work full time (and i live with my friends so yeah that too)

and my point was more of a general item for the forum; you know, not you personally. you sound like a decent human being. well done, and godspeed.

psst, i'm over here

#114 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

Angrypata, please, can we stay on topic? Take this one to PM
Lynn Hunt

#115 User is offline   angrypata 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 13 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Angrypata, please, can we stay on topic? Take this one to PM

i was answering a question.

why would you get on me for two or three posts, and let threads like the upload failure thread turn into festivals of sad? thread parties or something?

anyways, right on.

psst, i'm over here

#116 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

I only got on you because in the past 24 hours three individual members of panel staff requested the thread go back to being on topic. We don't mind discussion between attendees, but we ask it to go in the right place. The thread for the schedule announcements is not the place for the things that kept coming up.
Lynn Hunt

#117 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

:x I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but is there still going to be a panelist meet and greet on thursday night?

~Thanks.

~Lyn
Ly(ndsay)

#118 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

It is nothing formal, but come on by at about 7pm on Thursday. We should have things up and running to get you guys badges and chit-chat as you please. It is never a formal even perse but a chance for us to get to know the panelists a bit in person.

Justin and Ryan should be around at the very least and Iif I am not around, I will likely be with Chris and the rest of the guys who know tech setting up. We hope to be able to get that done but you never know.

Feel free to say hello if you see me around on thursday
Lynn Hunt

#119 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 14 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

It is nothing formal, but come on by at about 7pm on Thursday. We should have things up and running to get you guys badges and chit-chat as you please. It is never a formal even perse but a chance for us to get to know the panelists a bit in person.

Justin and Ryan should be around at the very least and Iif I am not around, I will likely be with Chris and the rest of the guys who know tech setting up. We hope to be able to get that done but you never know.

Feel free to say hello if you see me around on thursday

Okay, thank-you~~
Ly(ndsay)

#120 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Oh, so it's in the same place as where we need to check in for our badges? SWEET! I'll be sure to come by around 7pm then :)
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users