Anime Central Forums: Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 In high demand

#61 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

Okay ... where are exhibit halls 1, 2, and 3? Are they in the hyatt or the convention center itself? There are a few panels I would like to go to that are in there :)
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#62 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

They are in the Convention Center.

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#63 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on May 12 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

I was mostly curious about the panels running in the AMV room. I'm part of the staff running AMV wars hentai and I was curious what time we were on is all. Plus I was hoping we would be listed in the seperate program sheets handed out as it would help with our panel attendence. Our advertising was mostly done by word of mouth last year though and we still managed to pull a good crowd.

But yeah, I imagine they'll have their own room again this year as well. Thanks for the quick reply.

Your schedule is in the small programming guide. Space is at a premium for the foldout schedule-we're pretty much limited to the panel rooms and main programming or it gets too small to read.

#64 User is offline   angrypata 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10308

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostEpic_Fail_Guy, on May 12 2008, 02:16 PM, said:

Now, I'm sure the panel will try and push away from racist stereotypes (at least I hope to God it does), but still: the whole thing seems racist and incredibly weeaboo to me. IDK, I almost want to go just to see what happens. Will there be an angry mob of Asian con-goers protesting outside it, how weeaboo will the attendees be, will the panel be littered with racist overload, will Anon get wind of this and form an epic /b/lockade? Who can say? All seem reasonable.

Haha, I love this.

I think the curious/irritated among us should go just to observe. What do they call that...tragedy tourism or something? Trainwreck syndrome?
Thanks to Time Mage, we did Super-Job! This is the way!

psst, i'm over here

#65 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostAmunet, on May 12 2008, 02:40 PM, said:

Okay ... where are exhibit halls 1, 2, and 3? Are they in the hyatt or the convention center itself? There are a few panels I would like to go to that are in there :)

I have the same question, too, early in this thread, but I couldn't find exactly where these 3 rooms are on this map: http://www.rosemont...._cc_flplans.pdf.

On it, I tried to look for exhibit halls 1, 2, and 3 and exhibit halls H-1, 2, and 3 as indicated by the pdf schedule, but still couldn't find it. Unless you mean the rooms numbered 1-3 to the west of Exhibit Hall A on Level 1 of CC.

I'm a bit nitpicky on this or otherwise I'll be searching like crazy once I get there. Know now than later.

#66 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

We're working on getting the map up, and there is a map in the program book. Anything marked "Exhibit Hall" is in the convention center hall A.

#67 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

View PostAlysia, on May 12 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

We're working on getting the map up, and there is a map in the program book. Anything marked "Exhibit Hall" is in the convention center hall A.

There is a map of the convention center on the Rosemont website:
http://www.rosemont...._cc_flplans.pdf

You may want to "right click and Save as..."
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#68 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5985

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

I've also made a request for a schedule change regarding the Ouran Host Club Meeting. I sent it to the address used to contact us about the schedules. We have a conflict regarding the Masquerade, and the panel cannot be on Friday. Thank you for your time.

#69 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on May 12 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

I've also made a request for a schedule change regarding the Ouran Host Club Meeting. I sent it to the address used to contact us about the schedules. We have a conflict regarding the Masquerade, and the panel cannot be on Friday. Thank you for your time.

The schedule has been finalized and sent to print as of early Sunday. Please stop by Panel Programming Operations at Lambert at the convention and we will assist to the best of our ability.

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#70 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

Is there any other link or way to get to the site because my computer keeps giving me pop up error signs when I click on it and then it wont load all the way. I know its not ur guys problem, but I was just wondering.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#71 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

Sounds like a problem with your adobe acrobat. Google "Adobe Reader" and try to install the latest version. It should reinstall acrobat and allow you to view the schedule.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#72 User is offline   easterislandhead 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17145

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

i gotta throw my two cents in and say the how to pick up and asian is probably the most unethical and demeaning panel i have ever heard of, and I have given panels on tentacle rape.

#73 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

.. what part of "take it to pm's" was not understood.

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#74 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

View Posteasterislandhead, on May 13 2008, 12:54 AM, said:

i gotta throw my two cents in and say the how to pick up and asian is probably the most unethical and demeaning panel i have ever heard of, and I have given panels on tentacle rape.

Wow. Now THAT'S just bad. :lol:
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#75 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostRena-Chan, on May 13 2008, 01:52 AM, said:

Wow. Now THAT'S just bad. :lol:

OK People, look, I specifically asked for everyone to leave the issue alone. You can't see the description any more but this panel is SATIRE! Please drop the issue and leave this thread for scheduling issues. If I see another post slandering this panel I will report it to a moderator.

Thank you.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#76 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10869

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Here is the Full Schedule as it was included in this thread earlier. It includes the schedule, the "Big List" (description of all the panels), as well as w/e else was on the original. I uploaded on Rapidshare, if you don't know how to use RS I'm sorry but you fail, and probably should not be on the internet.

*link removed at request of ACen forum staff*

#77 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

Actually the other info was a mistake on one of the versions that went up since it has panelist info. Can you please not share that one.

I replaced the one on my webspace (was an upload problem with the latest version.

Please use the acen website or that one.

k Thanks.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#78 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

View Posteasterislandhead, on May 13 2008, 12:54 AM, said:

I can try to find the panel description but it is a bit satiricle panel and mostly a matter of how not to be a complete and utter weeaboo if you are attempting to date someone. Ie how to curb yellow fever amongst fanboys.

And guys... can I just emphasize that we have a lot of panels that have something that could potentially offend someone? If we played the PC line constantly we would have no yaoi, no yuri no hentai, no boy love, no panel on incest in anime (and no way of ever showing a show like Koi Kaze in the vid rooms) and we would need to monitor the potty mouths of everyone at the convention.

Even if it is satire and you do not care for it, you can choose not to attend.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#79 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

Thank you Epic Fail Guy, can you please remove the rapid share link, we will try to get the latest schedule up as soon as possible.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#80 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

View Posteasterislandhead, on May 12 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

i have given panels on tentacle rape.

Personally, I would totally attend a panel about that...

:P
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#81 User is offline   DraconicDak 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17251

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

View PostLenne, on May 12 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

As would I. Seriously. There's gotta be some interesting psychology in there.

"How I learned to stop worrying and love the octopus."

#82 User is offline   oOSarcasmicOo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18321

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 12 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

I can try to find the panel description but it is a bit satiricle panel and mostly a matter of how not to be a complete and utter weeaboo if you are attempting to date someone. Ie how to curb yellow fever amongst fanboys.

And guys... can I just emphasize that we have a lot of panels that have something that could potentially offend someone? If we played the PC line constantly we would have no yaoi, no yuri no hentai, no boy love, no panel on incest in anime (and no way of ever showing a show like Koi Kaze in the vid rooms) and we would need to monitor the potty mouths of everyone at the convention.

Even if it is satire and you do not care for it, you can choose not to attend.

I know we weren't supposed to discuss this here anymore, but since it's been brought back up, I thought I'd point out that there is a huge difference between a panel about a lifestyle choice and/or interest in that lifestyle and a panel generalizing and objectifying an entire group of people, not even based on a choice they've made but on their race. It's not about the potential to offend, it's about the nature of the offense.

That aside, if the panel is indeed satire, I have absolutely no problem with it.

#83 User is offline   easterislandhead 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17145

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

View PostLenne, on May 12 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

it was an otakon 2006 panel :) i thought it was fairly tastefully done, as far as hentai panels go

anyway, i dont see what the point is about 'taking it to pms', just because we want to discuss a decision made by acen staff that many people disagree with ... this should not lead to 'omg banned'. if the mods really dont want us messing with this topic they should move it to its own thread, but i definitely think this is something that should be discussed. looking at the rapidshared schedule, the 'picking up asian people' panel doesnt have a description, and honestly i doubt it will be as satirical as you say. its a pretty serious issue for many people and it seems as out of place as a panel on the conflict in palestine.

tl;dr -> mods please move posts to its own thread

#84 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

View PostDraconicDak, on May 12 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

As would I. Seriously. There's gotta be some interesting psychology in there.

"How I learned to stop worrying and love the octopus."

There's actually some really interesting history behind tentacle rape.
I think tentacle rape is nasty, but I'm a history and culture major, so it's interesting to make historical connections to a 'cultural phenomenon'. :lol:
For realz, though. no sh!ts.

Epic_Fail_Guy said:

More than this though its just so d*mn weeaboo
exactly.
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#85 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16764

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

View PostBold&Delicious, on May 13 2008, 12:13 AM, said:

I think tentacle rape is nasty, but I'm a history and culture major, so it's interesting to make historical connections to a 'cultural phenomenon'. :lol:

This is so true xD We're hosting the hentai panel this year, and we're actually going to discuss this as well. It's really fascinating.
Ly(ndsay)

AWOL Panelists 2010 Team Leader
No! Stop! It Feels Good!- A Hentai Panel (18+)
Yuri: Doing It the Right Way (18+)
Yaoi From Top to Bottom(18+)
Shoujo-ai: Girl Love Without the Sticky Mess(16+)

#86 User is offline   Russ85 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18333

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

Sweet, schedule's lookin' good.

View PostEpic_Fail_Guy, on May 12 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Second, my 2 cents on the whole "How to Date an Asian Guy/Girl" debate. IMO, it does seem a little racist. If it was a more general, "Understanding Asian Cultural Norms/Trends, Social Practices, and Dating Rituals," panel that might have been a little more PC, and less offensive. More than this though its just so d*mn weeaboo. Yes, I know this is ACen, a weeaboo fevering ground, but still, good lord. I'm sure Asian women (and men) aren't too happy when they have some pimply faced 17 yr old guy in a Naruto headband come up to them at school and say, "Hey, I saw you were Japanese, you must like anime right! I wish I was Asian, you guys understand anime and stuff. Want to go out some time? We can watch Inuyasha together and get some sushi," when in actuality the girl was born in the US, doesn't speak any foreign language but a few simple phrases in Japanese, hates seafood in general, and hasn't seen any anime, except Cowboy Bebop a few times when it was on AS, which she didn't even like.

Now, I'm sure the panel will try and push away from racist stereotypes (at least I hope to God it does), but still: the whole thing seems racist and incredibly weeaboo to me. IDK, I almost want to go just to see what happens. Will there be an angry mob of Asian con-goers protesting outside it, how weeaboo will the attendees be, will the panel be littered with racist overload, will Anon get wind of this and form an epic /b/lockade? Who can say? All seem reasonable.

The panel sounds like it's gonna suck, but dude, did you just use the word "weaboo"? 3 times? Sh!t, man, that's hilarious. :lol: You 4channers gotta get out of your parents basements sometime and get some fresh air, man. Just look at your rant. ROFL

#87 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16688

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

View PostRuss85, on May 13 2008, 04:34 AM, said:

Sweet, schedule's lookin' good.

The panel sounds like it's gonna suck, but dude, did you just use the word "weaboo"? 3 times? Sh!t, man, that's hilarious. :lol: You 4channers gotta get out of your parents basements sometime and get some fresh air, man. Just look at your rant. ROFL

At least he believes in coherency and proper use of apostrophes. I actually really like and agree with everything he said. I found it very apt and on the mark.

#88 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:11 AM

View PostsPM, on May 13 2008, 02:22 AM, said:

OK People, look, I specifically asked for everyone to leave the issue alone. You can't see the description any more but this panel is SATIRE! Please drop the issue and leave this thread for scheduling issues. If I see another post slandering this panel I will report it to a moderator.

Thank you.

But...but...but...I didn't do any slandering! Why have not made any such comments dealing with that issue, so why do you quote me to yell about it? I was just amused with someone's comment; that's all. I mean, if you look aside from that one bit, all that I have done on this thread is noting my frusteration and saying that I feel YOUR pain and sympathize with you. Why am I being made an example of for this?

(besides, written would be libel, not slander *cringes, awaiting retaliation* )
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

#89 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:18 AM

View PostBold&Delicious, on May 13 2008, 04:13 AM, said:

exactly.

I can imagine that there would be--especially because Japan is an island nation with fishing being a big portion of the culture and the careers.

#90 User is offline   angrypata 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10308

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

View PostRuss85, on May 13 2008, 04:34 AM, said:

You 4channers gotta get out of your parents basements sometime and get some fresh air, man. Just look at your rant. ROFL

pot, meet kettle

i'm pretty sure the last thing otaku can lord over anyone is proximity from mom's basement
Thanks to Time Mage, we did Super-Job! This is the way!

psst, i'm over here

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users