Anime Central Forums: Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Schedule: Complete As Of 05/10/08 In high demand

#1 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

_edit_

Use the schedule link on www.acen.org main page
enjoy!

Edit: Please Note the minor changes made to resolve some conflicts. Mostly slight shifts though. Nothing too major as it affected mostly sat night stuff.

#2 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

...I love you. *squee*
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#3 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Rock on! :D

#4 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

Awesome!
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#5 User is offline   Haywood 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18271

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

ditto
"When caught between two evils, I generally like to take the one I never tried." -Mae West

#6 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16764

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

^^ Thanks for posting the schedule.

Just one thing... are you guys still going to be able to make the changes that we asked for in the titles and suck for our panels?

(Hentai, X, and All in the Family)
Ly(ndsay)

AWOL Panelists 2010 Team Leader
No! Stop! It Feels Good!- A Hentai Panel (18+)
Yuri: Doing It the Right Way (18+)
Yaoi From Top to Bottom(18+)
Shoujo-ai: Girl Love Without the Sticky Mess(16+)

#7 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostMaster Aniki, on May 11 2008, 03:19 AM, said:

^^ Thanks for posting the schedule.

Just one thing... are you guys still going to be able to make the changes that we asked for in the titles and suck for our panels?

(Hentai, X, and All in the Family)

The descriptions went to print earlier on so to avoid confusion we are going to stick with original titles. The schedule will be on a separate insert. Due to this we were unable to make those changes. It would hurt your panel attendance to make adjustments at that time. However we did revamp the times as needed.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#8 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16688

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hi, Lynn? I only have two tiny concerns. One is that our DGM panel is right after the Masquerade, which my entire panelist group is participating in. I'm worried we won't get any time to set up. Beyond that, doesn't the Masquerade sometimes run over?

If anything hitches at all involving the Masquerade at all, I'm just... worried. It's much better than 10AM, but it's still unsettling to think about.

Anyway, this is a lesser concern than even that, but could you please put '[a D.Gray-man fanpanel]' underneath my panel title? I've had even friends of mine ask me if 'So You Want to Be an Exorcist?' is a panel about.... exorcism. xD; I'd hate for people to wind up in the wrong place.

Anyway, sorry to be a bother yet again. If nothing can be done, I understand.

Any advice on how to make my panel happen would help too, because... I don't know. It's just a little overwhelming to imagine running from the Masquerade to our panel room to set up and get everything going. We do have a little bit of set-up to do, if only just hooking up the laptop, convincing Vista it wants to work, and moving the chairs a little to make four sections.

#9 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 10 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

The descriptions went to print earlier on so to avoid confusion we are going to stick with original titles. The schedule will be on a separate insert. Due to this we were unable to make those changes. It would hurt your panel attendance to make adjustments at that time. However we did revamp the times as needed.

Wait, oh my god. That's... We were told our changes were going to be made and that's just... Really alarming. We spend weeks trying to get those changes done and we were told it would be okay.

Because most of out panel descriptions were written back in January and are no longer accurate in any way, shape or form. They no longer properly reflect what's going to happen in the panels.

We were told weeks ago that those changes were okay so we didn't think about them.

Like when I wrote that panel, our guest panelist wasn't attending but now she is and she's done a whole bunch of translation work for us that I wanted to let people know about.

#10 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

View PostKomurin II, on May 11 2008, 03:27 AM, said:

Hi, Lynn? I only have two tiny concerns. One is that our DGM panel is right after the Masquerade, which my entire panelist group is participating in. I'm worried we won't get any time to set up. Beyond that, doesn't the Masquerade sometimes run over?

If anything hitches at all involving the Masquerade at all, I'm just... worried. It's much better than 10AM, but it's still unsettling to think about.

Anyway, this is a lesser concern than even that, but could you please put '[a D.Gray-man fanpanel]' underneath my panel title? I've had even friends of mine ask me if 'So You Want to Be an Exorcist?' is a panel about.... exorcism. xD; I'd hate for people to wind up in the wrong place.

Anyway, sorry to be a bother yet again. If nothing can be done, I understand.

Any advice on how to make my panel happen would help too, because... I don't know. It's just a little overwhelming to imagine running from the Masquerade to our panel room to set up and get everything going. We do have a little bit of set-up to do, if only just hooking up the laptop, convincing Vista it wants to work, and moving the chairs a little to make four sections.

Some panel names had to be shortened due due to the restrictions on publications. This is particularly problematic when dealing with shows that have multiple panels. The descriptions of panels should indicate what each pane is about.

And with the masquerade... if something comes up we can possibly move it a bit later and put a sign up to indicate the new time. masquerade has been a lot less late in recent years and has actually ended on time to the best of my knowledge. So we can hope for it to work out. as you can see the Saturday schedule is pretty packed. There is not a lot of open space for the entire day.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations

#11 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 10 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

Some panel names had to be shortened due due to the restrictions on publications. This is particularly problematic when dealing with shows that have multiple panels. The descriptions of panels should indicate what each pane is about.

And with the masquerade... if something comes up we can possibly move it a bit later and put a sign up to indicate the new time. masquerade has been a lot less late in recent years and has actually ended on time to the best of my knowledge. So we can hope for it to work out. as you can see the Saturday schedule is pretty packed. There is not a lot of open space for the entire day.

But the other D.Gray-man panel is tagged with the fact that it's a DGM panel but mine does not. I'm afraid that will make people just glancing through the schedule think that there is only one fanpanel for it.

And for another, our description is completely out of date. If none of the changes we asked for was made, then the descriptions no longer reflect what the panel is about at ALL.

#12 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 10 2008, 11:34 PM, said:

I just know that as of right now, unless our descriptions got changed, they don't really represent anything we're going to be doing. When we applied for the panels back in January, we were told just to write out a description so that whoever was in charge would know what our panel was about, and that later on, closer to the con, we'd be submitting one for the public to see. Which we did, about two-three weeks ago. It's just frustrating to us, since we actually talked to you yesterday about it, and you had told us that the changes we'd asked for were going to be just fine.

It's just disappointing to know that the descriptions and things that we worked really hard on aren't going to be shown at all. I mean, we understand that you guys have been really busy, but so have we with finals and stuff, and we're trying to be as patient and understanding as we can, but it's almost the con, and just now all of these things are popping up, and it's getting frustrating.
Ly(ndsay)

#13 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

View PostKomurin II, on May 11 2008, 03:38 AM, said:

But the other D.Gray-man panel is tagged with the fact that it's a DGM panel but mine does not. I'm afraid that will make people just glancing through the schedule think that there is only one fanpanel for it.

And for another, our description is completely out of date. If none of the changes we asked for was made, then the descriptions no longer reflect what the panel is about at ALL.

I am not sure who you spoke to, but one of our staff, whom I will not name names, was not able to complete their duties and is no longer with us. I apologize if you spoke with that individual, and were given assurance. It is because of this, senior staff such as Ryan and myself are stepping up to help take care of issues as they pop up. Under normal circumstances, this would have never been an issue, unfortunately, this year we are having a very large change in our department's structure, coupled with the loss of someone who may have had information like what you submitted. So unless you had spoken with Lynn, Justin, Ryan, or myself, chances are the changes were lost with that. I do not know what else I can tell you if you did speak to one of us, and I apologize that this happened. As far as descriptions went, I was to make sure every panel HAD a description. I edited some descriptions to be more expository, and submitted a list of panels with missing information. That was the extent of my work on this. Again, I am sorry if your changes were not processed.

Thanks.

-Chris
(Panel staff, even though the forum doesn't denote it)
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#14 User is offline   Master Aniki 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:56 AM

View Postピケギン, on May 11 2008, 03:51 AM, said:

I am not sure who you spoke to, but one of our staff, whom I will not name names, was not able to complete their duties and is no longer with us. I apologize if you spoke with that individual, and were given assurance. It is because of this, senior staff such as Ryan and myself are stepping up to help take care of issues as they pop up. Under normal circumstances, this would have never been an issue, unfortunately, this year we are having a very large change in our department's structure, coupled with the loss of someone who may have had information like what you submitted. So unless you had spoken with Lynn, Justin, Ryan, or myself, chances are the changes were lost with that. I do not know what else I can tell you if you did speak to one of us, and I apologize that this happened. As far as descriptions went, I was to make sure every panel HAD a description. I edited some descriptions to be more expository, and submitted a list of panels with missing information. That was the extent of my work on this. Again, I am sorry if your changes were not processed.

Thanks.

-Chris

We spoke to Lynn on the telephone yesterday. That's who we are referring to.
Ly(ndsay)

#15 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:05 AM

View Postピケギン, on May 11 2008, 03:51 AM, said:

Thanks.

-Chris

As soon as we learned the person we had been working with was let go of, I e-mailed panel programming asking if we could still have our descriptions changed like I had previously been told was okay. After waiting an entire week with no word back, I asked my co-panelist to e-mail panel programming again. We were scolded for not getting to you guys sooner, even though we tried, and were told it would be fine as long as we got the changes in within a few hours.

We replied not twenty minutes after we received that e-mail with the info we wanted changed.

We received an e-mail back saying thanks a lot.

From this, we assumed that everything was fine.

And we were even on the phone with Lynn yesterday, and I voiced the concern that I saw that our panel titles had not been changed. She said that no, it was fine, it was just that the person doing to e-mails did not have the most up to date list so that the changes we asked for was, in fact, implemented and that we had nothing to worry about.

Now today, we see this.

Forgive me for getting upset at it, but it's incredibly disconcerting and alarming to think that everything is going to be fine and then have staff tell you that everything's not fine and beyond that, you're SOL.

We had absolutely no warning that everything was going to come crashing down on us so soon before the con.

#16 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:45 AM

The rangers aren't in any of the autograph areas ... do we need to go to the panels to get autographs?
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#17 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

Again, I do not know what else I can say other than I am sorry it happened. I have NO information on anyone's case of this, and as far as I am aware, Ryan is the one handling emails. Next year, if I am in charge of these issues, I can assure you that I will do the best I can for you, but we are all trying to make up and fix the mistakes or short comings of the one that was let go. This should no longer be an issue next year, and if it is, not nearly as bad. We just had a huge influx of last minute work to complete and correct. But as I've said over and over, if there is anything I can do to try to rectify the situation I will do my best to.

View PostAmunet, on May 11 2008, 08:45 AM, said:

The rangers aren't in any of the autograph areas ... do we need to go to the panels to get autographs?

From what I understand, Guest Relations handle autograph sessions, we just pencil them in. You may get a faster answer from asking them.

Thanks.

-Chris
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#18 User is offline   Zrana 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 355

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:39 AM

Yay! Schedule!

But the "FMA fan panel" still needs removed, as that was some weird oops of a double submission for the "Anything and Everything FMA" panel. *skips off to email*
2009 cosplay Guide:
Simon (kid) from Gurren Lagann
Larxene from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

#19 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I seriously think that we should NOT have to dig and search the forums for this information that it should be listed in the main page of the site. Thanks
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#20 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

View PostAmunet, on May 11 2008, 08:45 AM, said:

Rangers have a dealer room table and so they will be signing there all day pretty much is what I was told.
Lynn Hunt

#21 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

View Postjenchan, on May 11 2008, 02:26 PM, said:

I seriously think that we should NOT have to dig and search the forums for this information that it should be listed in the main page of the site. Thanks

Unfortunately I do not have web access to post these things. Everyone is busy leading up to the convention. I took the initiative as it is done to throw it at the most convenient place and get it posted the best I can. Basically this is the quickest temp solution out there.
Lynn Hunt

#22 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 11 2008, 11:14 AM, said:

Unfortunately I do not have web access to post these things. Everyone is busy leading up to the convention. I took the initiative as it is done to throw it at the most convenient place and get it posted the best I can. Basically this is the quickest temp solution out there.

Thank you very much for putting it up as best as you can. It certainly took a lot of work and it shows with so many panels/events.

Question: Where are the Exhibit H rooms at the convention center (as listed on top of schedule)?
I couldn't find it here of CC's floor plans: http://www.rosemont...._cc_flplans.pdf and it only goes up to Hall G.
Typo/error in listing these rooms?

#23 User is offline   Zerox20 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 1323

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

To answer some questions about setting up panels, and making sure you run on time etc.

This is a known problem some panelists have they cannot get their equipment working.

One of the first things to check is here: http://panelprogramming.com/FAQ.aspx

If you use a laptop, verify your powerpoint is all working, your video out works, bring any cables if you have them in your laptop bag (just in case). We try to supply everything and make it very fast and easy to setup, but things don't always go as planned.

If you are unprepared chances are your panel might not be able to run over as the next group will come in, the more prep you do, the better it will be in the end.

If anybody has specific questions about tech, hooking up projectors to their systems, laptop questions, adapters they need, cables etc, feel free to PM me on the forums, I will be checking this everyday to attempt to answer any setup issues.

All scheduling still goes through Lynn obviously as she is mainly handling that.
Jared "Zerox20" Sangeorzan - Panel Programming ADH - ACen 2003/Present
E: panelprogramming@ACen.org ||

#24 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

Alright, I'm very glad that the schedule is up finally, but I must admit, I am upset. Is anyone else bothered that the panelists were not given the schedule prior to it being put up for any frickin' person to see--as had been told to us?!
Sorry. I love ACen and I love working it, but I feel like we panelists have been jerked around a lot this year.
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#25 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

View PostRena-Chan, on May 11 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

Alright, I'm very glad that the schedule is up finally, but I must admit, I am upset. Is anyone else bothered that the panelists were not given the schedule prior to it being put up for any frickin' person to see--as had been told to us?!
Sorry. I love ACen and I love working it, but I feel like we panelists have been jerked around a lot this year.

Rena, I am sorry you feel that way. We had some departmental issues much the same way you are feeling now. We are doing our best to honor promises made that we can. We did send out your panel's time in an email, and the posted schedule still isn't 100% final yet either. Whats even more funny is that you guys were given the schedule before I was and I am trying to resolve all the conflicts I can. So please bear with us this year, and I can promise a much smoother experience next year.

Thanks.
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#26 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

As Chris mentioned we simply are trying to get information out as we have it for everyone. With it so close to the convention, we needed to get it up. Hence why I tossed it on my webspace, It is not meant to be a slight to panelists but with a couple days before the convention and most of the staff being on limited time due to the convention's proximity to finals, this was the most effective way to get it up.

We wanted a schedule for panelists awhile ago but we could not finalize due to a couple last minute guest announcements and some changes that had to be made on that end of the schedule. A lot of this came at the last minute and was beyond our control. It was frustrating on my end to have to work through. I can't give all the details behind it, but I can say that I was getting adjustments on a daily basis for the past month.

I apologize for the lack of communication in the past. When that issue was realized I have been trying to improve that and have gotten people like Chris and Ryan on board to help so that panelists do not feel jerked around. The year was chaotic to say the least.

But understand that we as a department have responsibility not only to fan panelists but to guests, other departments and attendees as well. We are trying to get things done in a manner that benefits everyone.
Lynn Hunt

#27 User is offline   One_Armed_Domon 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 331

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

They put up the official list
Why do some have colors?

#28 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

View PostOne_Armed_Domon, on May 11 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

They put up the official list
Why do some have colors?

That was mostly to indicate guest panels and the like. Fixed that.

Mostly because I am making html off of a master copy in excel. I base it off that master though because once in html I cannot easily edit it otherwise.
Lynn Hunt

#29 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4823

Post icon  Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

View PostsPM, on May 11 2008, 07:04 PM, said:

Rena, I am sorry you feel that way. We had some departmental issues much the same way you are feeling now. We are doing our best to honor promises made that we can. We did send out your panel's time in an email, and the posted schedule still isn't 100% final yet either. Whats even more funny is that you guys were given the schedule before I was and I am trying to resolve all the conflicts I can. So please bear with us this year, and I can promise a much smoother experience next year.

Thanks.

*hugs* I know. I don't mean to be sounding mean or nasty to any of you guys. It's just frusterating--for ALL of us. You guys included.
I mean, jibbitz, I, myself, am having a heck of a time trying to contact just the people in my panel to get everything and everyone on the same page--it's tenfold for you! I don't think that the regular con-goers know all of the stress and planning that goes into the convention on all the scales, micro to macro.
I truly appreciate all that you guys have been doing for us. I appreciate the work of EVERYONE envolved--panelists, staffers, everyone--which is why I'm baking cookies and dropping them off in the room on Thursday for everyone.
I think you're all fantastic and love you all.
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

#30 User is offline   Danaechan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15970

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

Um, quick question: What is the "Crossplay Runway" that seems to be scheduled in the same room and time as the Gothic Lolita Fashion Show?

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users