• This topic is locked

Spiders And Bugs creepy crawlies

#1 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

So I was not sure if there was a topic like this yet, but yeah spiders and bugs.
Like em or hate em?
Discuss any stories or expirences you may have.

Heres mine. Just a few minutes ago, while brushing a wig for a cosplay; I look to my right and there is this big spider right by my head, hanging down from the ceiling. It scared me, and I jumped right off of my bed and to the other side of the room. while the wig I just made all pretty flew to the other side of the room.

Now your turn.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#2 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Bugs don't bother me cause I'm bigger then them so they go SQUISH! :lol:
I don't squish them all just the ones that really bother me..I remember when I was in New Orleans and there was this huge roach crawling on the cooler(if you been to the south then you know how big they are) I knocked it off but he flew at me so I grabbed the cooler top and smack him to the ground then kept hitting him with the top over and over and when I was done he flew at me again so I smacked him to the ground again this time I slam the top over him and jumped on it til I heard him go squish! True story... :lol:
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#3 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:25 AM

I DO NOT like spiders... I don't know where it stems from--I may have been bitten by one as a baby or something, but I'm really afraid of them (unless they are safely contained).

I used to be able to throw a shoe at them but the most traumatizing thing ever happened and now I can't even do that.

We were getting new carpeting in our office, so of course when you pull up old carpeting, all the creepy-crawlies come out. One of these happened to be a huge spider, so I immediately jumped up on a chair and started screaming like usual. One of the braver people in the office walked over and stepped on it, and it exploded into like a million baby spiders! So after that all the other women started screaming (which is actually funny thinking back now).

::shudders::

So this is why I prefer not to deal with spiders from now on... except from the other side of a sealed window or tank.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#4 User is offline   KiraAra 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 12726

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on May 9 2008, 07:25 AM, said:

I DO NOT like spiders... I don't know where it stems from--I may have been bitten by one as a baby or something, but I'm really afraid of them (unless they are safely contained).

I used to be able to throw a shoe at them but the most traumatizing thing ever happened and now I can't even do that.

We were getting new carpeting in our office, so of course when you pull up old carpeting, all the creepy-crawlies come out. One of these happened to be a huge spider, so I immediately jumped up on a chair and started screaming like usual. One of the braver people in the office walked over and stepped on it, and it exploded into like a million baby spiders! So after that all the other women started screaming (which is actually funny thinking back now).

::shudders::

So this is why I prefer not to deal with spiders from now on... except from the other side of a sealed window or tank.

Ewww that is really nasty, I am grossed out on how it exploded into a million baby spiders. I hate it when they do that because my dog ate one that did that so he had spiders coming out of his mouth for a little bit. During that time he is just giving the puppy dog eyes, I told him he was not cute.

#5 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

For a while at my old house we had a huge fly infestation. There were literally at least 100 just flying around in every room. sometimes i was afraid to breathe cuz i thought i would inhale them. but yea now i have nightmares about flies.
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#6 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

OMG my dad would LOVE a room like that. He is like the Zen master of flyswatting! :lol:

And this is probably country as heck of me but I love to watch him do it, because it's almost as good as watching a kung-fu flick!

Arg, but seriously, you probably had something die in the walls and the flies hatched and came out in the house. That happened at a house I lived in when a possum died in the crawlspace.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#7 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

when i was a kid, i woalked under a porch and got coded in webbing. ever since i was afraid of all bugs and such.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#8 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

i hate centipedes a lot more...
ACen Mascot Artist

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:46 AM

I remember having a discussion w/ a Austrailian one time; I was telling her how frightening Australia is due to the snakes, spiders and jellyfish. She said, "Hang on a sec. You're from america. There are one tonne BEARS who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU, you have MOUNTAIN LIONS who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU, you have WOLVES who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU. And you're worried about a few spiders? What the hell's wrong with you?"

which i replied: "Wolves, bears and mountain lions don't hide F$%#ING EVERYWHERE!!"
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#10 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

there's this particular species of centipede called "house centipedes"--AND THEY'RE SCARY AS @&#!. Not only do they have a bajillion legs, but they're REALLY fast. Their actual bodies are small, but their legs make them look a LOT bigger. fortunately my friend told me that eucalyptus REALLY agitates them and drives them off. haven't seen one in the house since.

I used to be scared of spiders, but that's dwindled down a bit. as long as they're not tarantulas or anything, I don't hesitate to kill them...of course, now after reading this_chick's story a little bit of the fear is coming back....

ants...meh.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#11 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

bugs want to eat your flesh...i'm convinced
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#12 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Worms are my friends, but my boy hates them, for some reason.

Oh and Ticks, I hate those little buggers, no pun intended.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#13 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

well. I have two pet tarantulas.... and i feed them bugs :P

#14 User is offline   Myrddin 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10167

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

*shudder* I hate spiders with a passion. My brothers like to make fun of me about it too. :angry: One time, when the fam and I were camping, one of them put a daddy long-legs in the tent while my sister and i were changing. Oh, was I fuming after it was out of there. I refuse to squash spiders, so I usually have my mom or dad do it.

To this_chick: I love watching my dad swat flies too! We call him the Shoalin Fly Master. He even makes sound effects when he's in the mood. Its hilarious. :lol:

#15 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:17 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on May 10 2008, 08:08 AM, said:

there's this particular species of centipede called "house centipedes"--AND THEY'RE SCARY AS @&#!. Not only do they have a bajillion legs, but they're REALLY fast. Their actual bodies are small, but their legs make them look a LOT bigger. fortunately my friend told me that eucalyptus REALLY agitates them and drives them off. haven't seen one in the house since.

I used to be scared of spiders, but that's dwindled down a bit. as long as they're not tarantulas or anything, I don't hesitate to kill them...of course, now after reading this_chick's story a little bit of the fear is coming back....

ants...meh.

those are the ones i have around my house x_x;;
i kill them all the time, and yes, they are fast. one time, i saw one on the floor; and i had my socks on and just stepped on it cuz i didn't want it to get away lol
ACen Mascot Artist

#16 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

I am so so so so so phobic about bees. Apiphobia to the extreme. Whenever I see a bee, regardless of how close in proximity it is to me (It could be a foot or 10 feet) I will run far, far away. Back when Bee Movie was big, I couldn't even watch the trailers without shivering >>; One time I didn't notice a bee when I was sitting inside at school during lunch (but the door was open) and I went to turn on my walkman and felt this sharp pain and saw the bee... I freaked out so, so bad.

I.HATE.BEES.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#17 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 10 2008, 01:46 AM, said:

I remember having a discussion w/ a Austrailian one time; I was telling her how frightening Australia is due to the snakes, spiders and jellyfish. She said, "Hang on a sec. You're from america. There are one tonne BEARS who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU, you have MOUNTAIN LIONS who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU, you have WOLVES who will actively HUNT YOU DOWN and EAT YOU. And you're worried about a few spiders? What the hell's wrong with you?"

which i replied: "Wolves, bears and mountain lions don't hide F$%#ING EVERYWHERE!!"

EXACTLY!

I mainly hate bugs (spiders mostly) because they are so tiny they are hard to see and can hide everywhere. If a bear is comeing at me, chances I'm going to know it and I will run or play dead (depending on the bear). A spider who has venom I can't really hide from, and I'm not going to "by mistake" step on or bump into a rabid wolf or moutain lion. they are big enough to see and avoid...

bugs are just to tiny for me.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#18 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:04 AM