Anime Central Forums: What Was The Creepiest Thing That Happened At Acen To You? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Was The Creepiest Thing That Happened At Acen To You? Please, no R-rated content.....unless it's a REALLY entertaining s

#1 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

So, what should I look out for? :lol:
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

Wow...what an epic fail at a board......*_*
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

don't worry there be stories

i haven't had anything werid happen to me yet
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#4 User is offline   Fairy Godmoose 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8964

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Last year, I was cosplaying as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. Keep in mind that I am wearing a pretty short skirt. An older guy asked if he could take a picture of me. He looked kinda creepy, but if he was an Azumanga Daioh fan too, it wasn't weird that he'd want a picture of an Osaka cosplayer. After he got a couple shots, though, he asked, "What anime are you from again?" :blink:
Previous cosplays:
Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King) - Wizard World Chicago 2006
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh) - Anime Central 2007
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Anime Central 2008

#5 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

View PostFairy Godmoose, on May 3 2008, 07:16 PM, said:

Last year, I was cosplaying as Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. Keep in mind that I am wearing a pretty short skirt. An older guy asked if he could take a picture of me. He looked kinda creepy, but if he was an Azumanga Daioh fan too, it wasn't weird that he'd want a picture of an Osaka cosplayer. After he got a couple shots, though, he asked, "What anime are you from again?" :blink:

thats normal
there's this one guy you should watch out fo, he's a pervert. He seems like a normal guy at first but when you get to know him, he's pretty crazy. He usually wears a chinese coat and has spikey hair. eh's pretty slick and doesn't afraid of anything
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#6 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:43 PM

who on the board are you describing again?
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#7 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 3 2008, 08:43 PM, said:

who on the board are you describing again?

:3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#8 User is offline   Tigerfangs 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3432

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Well me and my friends had left the rave for a few to just get a breath of fresh air, and we were sitting in the lobby, and I was wearing a skirt, don't worry I had my legs crossed and everything but this drunk guy was walking around talking to everyone, and he "fell over" while he was trying to talk to us. Meanwhile I was talking to another friend of mine next to me, and not paying attention to this drunk guy. Then my friend comes over and sits on my lap, he then whispers into my ear that the drunk guy was trying to look up my skirt when he was on the ground :angry: jerk. So watch out for falling drunk guys.
The tiger is the largest land-living mammal whose diet consists entirely of meat. The roar of the tiger can be heard over a mile away. Watch out people... here I come!!!! ^_^

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostTigerfangs, on May 3 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

Well me and my friends had left the rave for a few to just get a breath of fresh air, and we were sitting in the lobby, and I was wearing a skirt, don't worry I had my legs crossed and everything but this drunk guy was walking around talking to everyone, and he "fell over" while he was trying to talk to us. Meanwhile I was talking to another friend of mine next to me, and not paying attention to this drunk guy. Then my friend comes over and sits on my lap, he then whispers into my ear that the drunk guy was trying to look up my skirt when he was on the ground :angry: jerk. So watch out for falling drunk guys.

reminds me of a gopher i know, he saw some guys looking up skirts at some stairs at acen 06, chased em away, then started looking up skirts there. i belive he told me he took pics too

#10 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

This story is creepy in a coincidence kind of way. I've had probably, I think up wards of 5-6 REALLY mind blowing coincidences around ACen now, since my first time in '05. This was at '05 in fact, Saturday night in the lobby of the Hyatt, opposite side of the stairs that the Masquerade is held in the ball room.

The Spoony Bards were playing a bunch of Square game music, FF, Chrono and so on, and my camcorder battery had a little juice left from the Masquerade, so I decided to grab them playing an FFVII song, I can't remember which one. So my camera died once or twice, but they started playing One Winged Angel, so I had to load it up once more. I was able to catch a minute or so of it.

After arriving home and coming on the forums, seeing how people enjoyed the con, scrounging around to see who took pictures of me and share the photos I took, I stumbled across someone in the same town as me - with a birthday in the same year as me! I PMed her and we talked a bit. She eventually mentioned playing violin, then mentioned playing for a band at ACen, and I started to realize..I may have recorded her on my camcorder. I checked it, and sure enough - I did. I still wig out about it, such a bizarre event!
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#11 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

View PostKrystal, on May 3 2008, 10:39 AM, said:

Wow...what an epic fail at a board......*_*

What is this, I don't even...
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#12 User is offline   otaku_man7 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 1378

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

I live in a small farming community. And I never had thought of there being any other anime junkies here besides my closest friends. Anywho, there was this girl I've disliked that I grew up with that has lived down the road from me (there's only like 5 houses on this road in the middle of nowhere) pretty much my entire life. Well a couple acen's ago, my friends and I were walking around the lobby at the hyatt and guess who we run into? That freaking girl. Apparently her boyfriend was into anime and he brought her along. I live like 4 hours away from Chicago and I would have guessed her to be the last person I would run into at a con, anywhere. Its nuts!
-Acen cosplays 09-
Possibly: Death the Kid or Archer (Fate Stay Night)
And for sure: ANBU Kakashi 99.9% completed

#13 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Lol, it's funny to know that there's one creepy guy who always shows up...heh. Man I hope I et a good share of entertaining stories this year. It's always important to be entertaining I guess.

#14 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

View PostTigerfangs, on May 3 2008, 06:14 PM, said:

Unfortunatly there is alot of people like that during party atmospheres ;_;

Also ... every post you make makes me think I did it.

My story involves a weird little man and his fetish for being spanked with his yaoi paddle ... I mean I enjoy a little healthy playing around ... why else would they be sold ... but walking up to every woman and asking to a) spank him, or B) him spank them ... thats just a tad bit odd.

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#15 User is offline   Tigerfangs 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3432

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

HAHA I know, everytime I see it I think I posted something, then I remember that you have the same avatar
The tiger is the largest land-living mammal whose diet consists entirely of meat. The roar of the tiger can be heard over a mile away. Watch out people... here I come!!!! ^_^

#16 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:48 AM

2 words: sailor bubba.

also last year there was a guy wearing nothing but a towel turned into a skirt and bunny ears...and i mean nothing else....oh god how ive tried to forget.....*shudders
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#17 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

Though I fear offending the person involved (I'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent the boards, but still)--I had a crossplayer come to my room party last year. Crossplaying doesn't bug me, but this guy was dressed in a fuku, and looked to be about my dad's age (which is over sixty). I guess that wouldn't bother me as much, but he just had some very strange vibes.

Sailor Bubba freaked me out the first time I saw him, but now--eh, ACen's not complete without a Sailor Bubba sighting. Plus he's a nice guy.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Man Faye and Man Asuka you can never get used to"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#18 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:43 AM

I've seen Man Faye and Sailor Bubba...they don't creep me out, hey crack me up...

#19 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

at acen '02, Sailor Bubba kissed my friend on the cheek just as I snapped a pic. It was good but, I lost the pic.
i'm back, for now anyway.

#20 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

now mine is a creepy occurence.
theres this creepy guy who wet to the same college as me, and wherever i went hed show up(stalkerish much?) ad i went to acen last year and was sitting around in my yuna gunmage outfit and out of the corer of my eye i saw him ad he took my picture....... from across the lobby. -.-
but now he doest bother me which is good, hed get severly beat up.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#21 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I was sure I shared my story here, but I guess I ended up posting on a different thread. Oh well! Here I go again...

I cosplayed as cloaked Zelda last year, and while waiting for my brothers to get out of a session, I was sitting in the lobby when two of these clown cosplayers from Twilight Princess came up to me and asked what I was hiding in the cloak. I'm pretty sure they were old (they were men probably my teacher's ages). I stared (pretty scared at this point) and said that I was supposed to be in a cloak because no one knows my identity in the first half of the game (yeah right, lol), and they were just like, "Can we join you in there?"

Yeah... creepy!
XP
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#22 User is offline   tsukareta_lua 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4432

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on May 4 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

"Man Faye and Man Asuka you can never get used to"

Or Man Tifa ;____;

#23 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

View Posttsukareta_lua, on May 5 2008, 08:00 AM, said:

Or Man Tifa ;____;

how about man REI...
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#24 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

View Postmangahero, on May 5 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

how about man REI...

Dude, man Chun-Li...
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#25 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on May 5 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

Dude, man Chun-Li...
=P

I saw man Chun-Li last year! I have a pic of him, too. i wasn't bothered with it overall (his outfit was actually pretty cool). it was just when he ducked under the bars when we were in the pre-reg line....

ergh.
ACen 2015 Cosplays ("Personal Idols"):
Lulu (Final Fantasy X/X-2) :: Yomiko Readman (Read or Die OVA) :: possible 3rd??

#26 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:08 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on May 5 2008, 02:21 AM, said:

I was sure I shared my story here, but I guess I ended up posting on a different thread. Oh well! Here I go again...

I cosplayed as cloaked Zelda last year, and while waiting for my brothers to get out of a session, I was sitting in the lobby when two of these clown cosplayers from Twilight Princess came up to me and asked what I was hiding in the cloak. I'm pretty sure they were old (they were men probably my teacher's ages). I stared (pretty scared at this point) and said that I was supposed to be in a cloak because no one knows my identity in the first half of the game (yeah right, lol), and they were just like, "Can we join you in there?"

Yeah... creepy!
XP

lol I love this story.

I think for the most part people are pretty respectful... but ya might want to stay in a group if you are wearing something like ... I don't know a bikini and legwarmers. My sister did SnJ Rock Lee and she was pretty scantily clad. It all worked out okay though. The only creepy incident was some guy following her around staring at her butt, but I guess that wasn't that bad because she was with a big group, but alone she probably would have been freaked out.

And this is probably not the creepiest thing to happen to any of us, but ... I don't feel like trying to decide.

My advice, just stay with a group if you are scantily clad to ward off any attention you might be uncomfortable with.
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#27 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

Acen'07, I was taking a photo of Man-Chi dressed in the outfit that Chi wears when she's the store greeter. After taking the photo, I told the guy that the costume looked cool. His response was "Thanks, It makes me feel pretty.". :blink:
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2015, C2E2, ACen 2015, Anime Midwest 2015 (staff), G-Fest XXX, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 15: End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Jagaur D. Saul (One Piece).

#28 User is offline   Inu-Sama59 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10659

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

View Posttsukareta_lua, on May 5 2008, 08:00 AM, said:

Or Man Tifa ;____;

XD man Tifa is the greatest. I came across him at Mitsuwa a few months back.
MySpace. add me.

#29 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:26 PM

Where did he...she....it touch you?!? POINT ON THE DOLL!
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#30 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on May 5 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

I saw man Chun-Li last year! I have a pic of him, too. i wasn't bothered with it overall (his outfit was actually pretty cool). it was just when he ducked under the bars when we were in the pre-reg line....

ergh.

Yeah, similar experience...
=P

View PostKazara, on May 5 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

lol I love this story.

I think for the most part people are pretty respectful... but ya might want to stay in a group if you are wearing something like ... I don't know a bikini and legwarmers. My sister did SnJ Rock Lee and she was pretty scantily clad. It all worked out okay though. The only creepy incident was some guy following her around staring at her butt, but I guess that wasn't that bad because she was with a big group, but alone she probably would have been freaked out.

And this is probably not the creepiest thing to happen to any of us, but ... I don't feel like trying to decide.

My advice, just stay with a group if you are scantily clad to ward off any attention you might be uncomfortable with.

LoL, I actually advised someone NOT to wear a bikini for a cosplay just to avoid situations like you mentioned because she was gonna go alone to ACen this year.
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users