Anime Central Forums: I Am Stressing! Are You Stressing?! Who Is Fsking Stressing! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Am Stressing! Are You Stressing?! Who Is Fsking Stressing! Gripe/complain/rant/freak out over all the acen prep we gotta do

#1 User is offline   Goddess Astra 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2935

Post icon  Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:03 AM

i am just wondering who is in my same boat? 2 weeks left as i post this and it almost feels like....So much to do, so little time...

I have a cosplay necklace to finish, a poster to make, packing to do, cosplay props and costuming to find, a mothers day gift to finish, an acen CD to make, a cosplay to alter...the list goes on...

and tonight i just felt so overwhelmed...i know i am gunna get it all done...but i ALWAYS Feel this way before acen...it's a fear...that stems from the reoccurring nightmares that i get where it's acen, and i have nothing...or..the dreams where one day it's december...and then i walk through a doorway, and it's may 15th and i have NOTHING done or i left my suitcase at home which is 1000000000 miles away...every acen i get these same dreams and i hate them...the feeling i get from them is the SAME feeling i get from those "go out in public naked" dreams...

i keep feeling like i won't get it all done...then there are moments i get so excited i can't breathe...and then there are times...despite the 4 cosplays i have...just waiting to be put in the suitcase...i feel like i have nothing at all...

and THEN, i sometimes get the gut feeling that it'll end up like last years acen. Last years acen sucked. i didn't do what i watned, it..sucked...
(but i think i blame the way i am feeling right now due to PMS hormones...it's making me feel like pulled taffy)

SO!!!

what things do YOU Guys do when acen prep stresses you out? do you even STRESS at all? Please discuss
OMG OMG OMG SAILOR MOON MANGA AND CODE NAME SAILOR V BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER! O_____O
I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but at least I am a crayon!
Arts:
http://goddess-astra.deviantart.com/
Bloggings:
http://goddessastra.livejournal.com/ -

Ai to seegi no, seera fuku bishoujo senshi! SEERAAAA MUUUUUN! Tsuki ni kawatte! Oshoiki yo!

#2 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:51 AM

I stressed out a month ago so I cut out two outfits and switched to a really easy one, and Phanny had always almost been finished.
And I just don't let myself stress out about school. I'll pass, that's where I leave it at XP And cutting out the two major things currently in my life I end up with little to no stress.
Not to mention, despite being a girl, I don't get very hormonal X3
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#3 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

Music helps me calm down when there's a deadline that's coming up fast. I'd like to think that there's ample time for me to get my work done, and there's really no need to panic if I put my mind to it. Hehe, honestly... check out Pandora for some great stuff. I know how you feel about completely losing focus on everything because of the constraints of time. The responsibilities pile up and it gets so overwhelming that it constitutes to even more stress for you, but seriously... when you freak out like that, you're actually losing more time, so just be sure to recognize this and work on reducing it so that you can get more organized with your list of to-do things. I really wish you well on your progress... hang in there!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#4 Guest_Turbodaze_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

My friends did all the prep work for me, all i did was suggested going to ACen from Sioux Falls SD. It would stink though to have to do cosplay.

#5 User is offline   Takkun2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6692

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

Not at all stressed about ACen, just work and school.
In the event of conflict, form a single file line and ready yourself for the worst to come.
If you expect the worst, it seems that much lesser when it actually happens

"Why are all those young lives taken?"
-"Final Transmission" by Street Dogs

#6 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

View PostTakkun2021, on May 4 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

Not at all stressed about ACen, just work and school.

Pfft. I'm stressed about all three! (Which is probably why I managed to reinjure myself.) I did manage to get my cosplay done today, and I'm two-thirds of the way done on the Anime Trivial Pursuit game, but I have to get a final prepped by Monday, and I have about 46 papers to grade over the next week. The only good thing is that it all has to be done by a week from Monday, so I won't be stressing over it AT ACen like I was last year. I can just take it easy.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"And the painkillers don't hurt"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#7 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:18 PM

ZOMG 11 dayz! Yes, now I'm totally stressing! AAAAAAAH!
D:
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#8 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

arrrghhh 10 more days. i WILL be done though. I WILL!!!
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#9 User is offline   Goddess Astra 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2935

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

lots of my stress are slowly going away because i have started 5% of my packing. that lifts lots of weights off my shoulders...and i got tons of crap done the last 2 days...

stress is still there but not as much as before
OMG OMG OMG SAILOR MOON MANGA AND CODE NAME SAILOR V BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER! O_____O
I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but at least I am a crayon!
Arts:
http://goddess-astra.deviantart.com/
Bloggings:
http://goddessastra.livejournal.com/ -

Ai to seegi no, seera fuku bishoujo senshi! SEERAAAA MUUUUUN! Tsuki ni kawatte! Oshoiki yo!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users