Anime Central Forums: Bg Meetup - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bg Meetup Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agenc

Poll: Bachelor's Grove is where (20 member(s) have cast votes)

ergo when is:

1. a sunday (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. a saterday (9 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

3. a friday (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. which ever one of 1-3 is fine with me! (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. some other day during the week (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote

#61 User is offline   DOOM-in-a-skort 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10833

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

View Postmens_pocky06, on May 8 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

^^ We are one big...um.....*insert witty word here* family! XD

I like this group already....and a few of you I haven't even met in person yet! (^^)

Oh, here's a picture I took of the Kemper Center in Kenosha, WI...If you look at where the shine in the lens leads, you can faintly make out what looks like a person's figure falling down the stairs...

We are like ... forming already. I agree.

And guess what I even have guys?

:3 you get a cookie if you know what an EMF meter is. <3
You may be smarter, but I am and always will be prettier then you.
If you can't handle at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best

::Acen 09' Cosplay for KitsuneKid's studios::
~Bella~
Integra Hellsing - Hellsing
Kurama Minamino - Yu Yu Hakusho
Asuka - Eva
Mamimi - FLCL
Nurse - Silent Hill Movie
State Alchemist Miiskirt original - FMA

...Everyone has their secrets....

#62 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

lol after acen, I am going to go buy an electronic voice recorder. <3
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#63 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ok, before we decide what we're bringing, for ghost hunting or defense, we should probably first make a meet up at the meet n' greet. I say, if possible we could all meet somewhere in the parking garage (ya know, nice a secluded place for a secret organization like our own!) or somewhere that could fit us without us being in the way of other ACENers.

Then I guess after that, we could start recording how many of us there are...age, abilities, equipment....etc. Then start planning out equipment. I will most likely have a can of pepper spray and a cane (my excuse is that I have a limp, and it is helpful for dark areas to feel around!)

Sound good team?

Who wants to be record keeper?

My name is mrhoohaa777 (you can put your real or sn here, don't matter to me), in RL Russell...

Name: Russell mrhoohaa777
Skill: Runner and a little dabbling in martial arts...courageous and stupid...dunno where to put this.
Equipment available: pepper spray, cane (normal cane) and video camera.

Simple enough?

I suppose at the meet n' greet we could get this organized and also tell bout our stories and what nots, rumors, etc.

hey, i don't do too badly as a founding member, eh teko?
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#64 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

View PostRawk z3r0, on May 9 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm 17, but turning 18 on the 24th, sooo... I'm coming, XD.

Teko, just wondering, have you called the peoples yet?

one: I still have no idea whom to call in the city's distrct about getting permission

two: i'd like us ta get up a set of ground rules that we use at each ghost outing

three: acens coming up and i'm busy as hell but as soon as acen's over i'm gonna be taking this by the horns and we're gonna have alot of fun :3 i promise (if not you can like tie me up and leave me somewhere) (oh and switch this reason with reason two)
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#65 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

What about the people who can't make Thursday's Meet n' Greet?
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#66 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

We can definitely do all the information gathering and planning at the meet n greet.

Uhm and if you can't make it to the meet n greet just contact one of us and we will get you any information we can.

Hey Teko, I have the numbers for the people I have been told own BG. We can discuss at the meetup contacting them and everything.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#67 User is offline   DOOM-in-a-skort 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 8 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

one: I still have no idea whom to call in the city's distrct about getting permission

two: i'd like us ta get up a set of ground rules that we use at each ghost outing

three: acens coming up and i'm busy as hell but as soon as acen's over i'm gonna be taking this by the horns and we're gonna have alot of fun :3 i promise (if not you can like tie me up and leave me somewhere) (oh and switch this reason with reason two)

Yeah, we should also have walkie talkies. I am prettier much veteran with cemetery walking. Follow me! :]

~Bella~
Asuka - Eva
Mamimi - FLCL

#68 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

View PostDOOM-in-a-skort, on May 8 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Yeah, we should also have walkie talkies. I am prettier much veteran with cemetery walking. Follow me! :]

And no one, no matter how experienced in whatever, can go off alone. We need to have at least two people together at a time!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#69 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

View Postomnichild, on May 7 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

aw you are not going to wear Jack on thursday?

I'm wearing him half of Friday, half of Saturday and all of Sunday! I need a little break! ;) Though if it's chilly the Coat will likely be on. Like it was tonight. I am suddenly LOVING spring chill! ;)

View PostTekoMuto, on May 8 2008, 10:24 AM, said:

i'll allow the following: Brass knuckles, chain weapons, canes (bladed or unbladed), pen knives, brass tipped boots, any other types of weapons that can be really well concealed enought that normal cops will think it's not a weapon!

it's one thing to be cuaght, but another thing to cuaght and considered armed! (i'm doing this fer our own good ^^' although it would be awesome if we could bring all that stuff)

*pout*

Well there is my sgian dubh....not like it would do any good unless someone was like ON TOP of me, it's not even 5 inches long, unlike the 9" monster dagger :D

Why yes I like to collect sharp pointy toys, why do you ask? ;)

View Postthis_chick25, on May 8 2008, 10:46 AM, said:

I'll bring a cane (I'll likely need it by the end of the night anyway), some chain, a length of rope, and a set of handcuffs, just in case. (Subdue or escape, but don't injure except as a last resort.)

Handcuffs, nice! ;)

View Postomnichild, on May 8 2008, 10:59 AM, said:

Also there is a difference between your friend with a weapon and your friend possessed by an evil entity with a weapon.

Good point!

View Postmens_pocky06, on May 8 2008, 11:01 AM, said:

Hmm, I always carry this letter opener (In the shape of a katana...mini sized hehe)...if anything I can carry that with....if not, and all else fails, anyone with a Dodge (or at least HAD one) knows that the key for it is fairly nice as a make-shift weapon of sorts.

LOL, wouldn't be Duncan MacLeod's katana would it? Me, I've got a claymore shaped letter opener.

View Postomnichild, on May 8 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

You do realize that half of us who are planning on going are not teenagers at all. And haven't been for awhile.

-points to self, Knitchick and Seneca- I know the three of us are well over 21. So honestly we don't need your brother to babysit us. He could come with, if he wanted to. And just to let you know I did take offense to that. (But I forgive you, because I know you didn't mean it.)

Also I do highly recommend that anyone under 17 not go with us to a night visit at BG.

Yeah I left 21 behind a looooooooooooong time ago. That next big digit is starting to breathe down my neck....

View PostDOOM-in-a-skort, on May 8 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

We are like ... forming already. I agree.

And guess what I even have guys?

:3 you get a cookie if you know what an EMF meter is. <3

*jawdrop* I am so insanely jealous! I want one! All I ever had was a cheapie kiddie toy one and my ex-boyfriend still has it.

Hmm...anyone wanna go forcibly retrieve it from him with me? ;)

View PostTekoMuto, on May 8 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

I would suggest contacting Dale Kaczmarek of the Ghost Research Society, I mean GRS has done a major group investigation at BG (though I dunno if it was at night), and I'm sure he would know who to talk to. The GRS website is: http://www.ghostresearch.org/

Otherwise, maybe we could talk to Richard Crowe into helping us? He does nighttime tours, maybe he'd be willing to do a nighttime investigation? He's at http://www.ghosttours.com/ and he's a really nice guy. I have been on two of his tours, and my friend and I were actually talking to him about working with us on an investigation of the newspaper office at our college but then we weren't able to get it done before we both left the paper and thus couldn't get into the office at all hours. :)

Name: KnitChick (Mary Jo)
Skill: Insane amount of ghost stories stored in my brain, I've studied parapsychology so I know about all the main techniques used in ghost hunting, I've used a Ouija board and survived to tell the tale, oh and I can pretty much quote Ghostbusters from memory. Entirely. Beginning to end. Even though I haven't been able to find where my DVD hid itself since right after Christmas. :D
Equipment available: Cameras (Canon PowerShot 4.0 MP digital, Nikon N50 SLR with 35-80mm lens, Yashica SLR with fixed approx 50mm lens), lots of flashlights, and an insanely heavy purse that could easily be used as a weapon. :D

As for during the meet n' greet, why don't we meet by the meet n' greet and then find a corner to plot in?

I'm gonna get back to sewing....digest and discuss ;)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#70 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

lol Knitty, I know who to contact. But I am going to wait until after ACEN until contacting them. Basically though BG is owned by the Real Estate Management Office of Cook County.

But honestly until we figure out a solid plan, we shouldn't be trying to contacting them about invading the cemetary.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#71 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 8685

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

I can be the secretary for the thursday meet-up (if we do in fact have one)...I can write down the important stuff and re-post it here, for those who didn't make it thursday. *Can I smell our own website someday?* (^^)

*Though I'd need a dictator.....I can listen and catch a few things at first...but I can only write so fast...*

Ah info and such...

Name: Laura
Mad skillz XD: I've taken a few karate classes, I'm not a very fast runner, but I can pack a pretty mean punch, and land a decent kick...if "captured" by evil people...I can scream like H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! lol
Equipment: Camera, pepper spray
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#72 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

View Postmens_pocky06, on May 9 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

I can be the secretary for the thursday meet-up (if we do in fact have one)...I can write down the important stuff and re-post it here, for those who didn't make it thursday. *Can I smell our own website someday?* (^^)

*Though I'd need a dictator.....I can listen and catch a few things at first...but I can only write so fast...*

Ah info and such...

Name: Laura
Mad skillz XD: I've taken a few karate classes, I'm not a very fast runner, but I can pack a pretty mean punch, and land a decent kick...if "captured" by evil people...I can scream like H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS! lol
Equipment: Camera, pepper spray

that'd be great actually!

Name: Teko (Tim)
Skillz: Has experience with ghosthunting, wilderness, and cultists. also is a slippy devil if grappled ^^
Equipment: Flashlight, possibly a camera, comfy warm clothes, audio recorder,
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#73 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

I guess i'll play recorder...Oooo I should use my typewriter.

If you can't make the meet n' greet, i suppose since I took task of record keeping, i'll make some key points. Etc.

Oh, if possible send me PMs with your information. I can do all the work then. Then after all of that...hmm...start assigning stuff? Yeah, but I think most of our planning will happen after acen. Lord knows how much you people work on things :)

So, Russell mrhoohaa777... Founding member, lead investigator (because I said so!), and record keeper (unless someone wants to userp me!) . Fantastic.

so, any objections to meeting somewhere in the parking garage if possible (i thought it would add a nice mysterious, underground feeling to our organization!) I know that we may catch some unwanted attention by authorities...but you gotta admit, would be fun, thursday night, SECRET meeting and all :P

I'll start writing down stuff AFTER my last final tomorrow, k people?

Oh, and for those of you who can't make it, i'll try to video tape the meeting, and i guess if we have a recorder besides me, we could note the meeting. I plan on already taping ACEN, so this should be nothing. Now as for posting it, i don't have a laptop, so I guess it would have to wait til about sunday for posting info.

Oops, didn't read the last post. But I dunno, you wanna secretary the thurs night would be nice and helpful.

Oh, and for your information, why not just throw in why you want to do this. Makes it sound a bit more unique for yourself, and that's never too bad, right?

#74 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

Ok, managed to get a bit down in our Members paperwork. I got about me, Knitchick, meanpocky (laura), and teko recorded. 5 people. Um, teko, if you want to arrange some classes/jobs/whatever to this list, feel free, I'm writing this whiile studying for a final. I have it in a word document, i just have to figure out how to...put it up...besides PASTING all of it.

I'm not so good on the boards :P

#75 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

hey teko, i'm not big on ghost and such, but i do believe in demons and evil auras following people. and i heard some cemeteries (like this one) harbor alot of that stuff. is this just ghost believers or can any one come?

teko is still the leader right?
(haven't been on this thread in abit and just read the last 3 post)
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#76 User is offline   DOOM-in-a-skort 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

View Postomnichild, on May 8 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

And no one, no matter how experienced in whatever, can go off alone. We need to have at least two people together at a time!

For the love of god people follow this rule.

(And of course HE posts here because he is a forum stalker. )

~Bella~
Asuka - Eva
Mamimi - FLCL

#77 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

Be nice. How about "he posted here because he is interested and possibly wants to come"? He actually posted before you did--he's on the first page. Additionally, I don't recall there being a guest list...

...but I digress.

Name: Seneca (this_chick, t_c, chick)
Skills: Has lived in "occupied" places (used to make recordings of them on blank tapes); can sometimes see "others" peripherally (don't know if they're ghosts, but they're not people), and has very good intuitive abilities. Is currently being checked on occasionally by my grandfather (who leaves dimes for me in "obviously-was-not-there-before" places). Cannot run very fast, but can fit into small places and throw anything on hand very accurately. Has a mean elbow, knee, and palm-heel strike if apprehended. Can also project voice VERY well from years of growing up in the country.
Equipment: Uh... I haz a camera.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#78 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

Actually Russell, I was thinking that it would be neat to make a video at ACEN of all the members either talking about their first experience in the paranormal and/or why they believe. But recording the meet up is definitely a good idea.

So I am thinking that after SnS, we all meet up somewhere and then move over to the parking garage.

Name: Omni (Julie)
Skills: I have been living in haunted houses all my life I have been to seances, messes with ouija boards and been around possessed persons. I am an empath and have slight psychic abilities. Although don't ask for a reading as I have no control over it.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#79 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

View PostKasin, on May 9 2008, 03:34 AM, said:

hey teko, i'm not big on ghost and such, but i do believe in demons and evil auras following people. and i heard some cemeteries (like this one) harbor alot of that stuff. is this just ghost believers or can any one come?

teko is still the leader right?
(haven't been on this thread in abit and just read the last 3 post)

my vote goes to open registration....for now.... :)

Oh yeah, meet up at steak n' shake and move out to the garages, i guess. Just have to pick a floor...and a corner...and hope police don't think we're loitering.

Got omnichild and thischick added and evaluated to my paper work.

I think I'll video tape as much as possible, i plan on spending a good amount of dvds for my camera :P

What I'll be video taping is a basic meeting, and most if not some, experiences and reasons. and then...somehow...post it up.

PS. teko, i can send you the list of registered members that I've recorded so far.

#80 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

Yep...I truly love these people already (even those I haven't met...YET ^^)

We make one...heck-uva group XD

AH, and as far as the possible website goes....I figure I won't start with it until we get a bit further in our investigations and such. (That way we have more info and pictures etc. to put up.
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#81 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

View Postmens_pocky06, on May 9 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

Yep...I truly love these people already (even those I haven't met...YET ^^)

We make one...heck-uva group XD

AH, and as far as the possible website goes....I figure I won't start with it until we get a bit further in our investigations and such. (That way we have more info and pictures etc. to put up.

Good idear. Also, best not to add the the pressure of things right before ACEN.

#82 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

Exactly...

And we wouldn't have much to put up on it now any who...XD

I am so stoked...this is going to be a really great experience ^^
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#83 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:46 PM

Might as well post info.

Name: Arielle
Mad skillz XD: I took Karate for a few years and I know basic self defense. I'm also pretty good at information gathering xD
Equipment: All I have thus far is a camera D:
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#84 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on May 9 2008, 06:42 AM, said:

Be nice. How about "he posted here because he is interested and possibly wants to come"? He actually posted before you did--he's on the first page. Additionally, I don't recall there being a guest list...

...but I digress.

Name: Seneca (this_chick, t_c, chick)
Skills: Has lived in "occupied" places (used to make recordings of them on blank tapes); can sometimes see "others" peripherally (don't know if they're ghosts, but they're not people), and has very good intuitive abilities. Is currently being checked on occasionally by my grandfather (who leaves dimes for me in "obviously-was-not-there-before" places). Cannot run very fast, but can fit into small places and throw anything on hand very accurately. Has a mean elbow, knee, and palm-heel strike if apprehended. Can also project voice VERY well from years of growing up in the country.
Equipment: Uh... I haz a camera.

thank you T_C! I did have first post, but last time i checked, Teko was in charge, and unless he says i can't post here anymore, i have the right to! because if i'm a stalker...then how many people here am i stalking? T_C, Teko, Jackspicer, Excel, just because i reply to a post?

but yeah, i would love to come to see if there are any weird happenings. my grand dad died when i was a baby, and i heard him call be from another room once, but that was when i was 5, never had anything happen since
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#85 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Russell, I will have my video camera with me as well, so we can get different angles and such for the video.

We could make like an introductory video or something. ^^ It will be fun!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#86 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 9 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Ok, managed to get a bit down in our Members paperwork. I got about me, Knitchick, meanpocky (laura), and teko recorded. 5 people. Um, teko, if you want to arrange some classes/jobs/whatever to this list, feel free, I'm writing this whiile studying for a final. I have it in a word document, i just have to figure out how to...put it up...besides PASTING all of it.

I'm not so good on the boards :P

well for classes i could go think up these so far:

Recorders (photographers, EVP recorders, anyone who has recording equipment)

Documenters (people who write down what happened on each experience)

Debunks (people whom has enough experience in science and logic that can try to find every way possible something can be proven not as a ghost until they find an unanswerable explination)

Scouters (people whom look up new places to go and research history of sites, and get info on how to get there / who to contact about going there legally)

Religous Experts (the ones whom help us deal with anything that may have followed us / anything else like that / preventing and removing those things)

yeah so thats all i can think of so far.

#87 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

View PostKasin, on May 10 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

thank you T_C! I did have first post, but last time i checked, Teko was in charge, and unless he says i can't post here anymore, i have the right to! because if i'm a stalker...then how many people here am i stalking? T_C, Teko, Jackspicer, Excel, just because i reply to a post?

but yeah, i would love to come to see if there are any weird happenings. my grand dad died when i was a baby, and i heard him call be from another room once, but that was when i was 5, never had anything happen since

you're fine kasin, but please let's keep it a rule that we may squabble somewhat amonst ourselves but lets never take it far.
we must be serious on this stuff (sounds odd comin from me, eh? :P)

#88 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

Ooo I'm getting so excited! :D

Hmm, gee, I could do debunking (I have read so much I know like all the usual explainations for orbs, etc.), Scouting (history buff, especially Chicagoland and specifically Norwood Park Township I know WELL), and I wouldn't say religious expert but I do have some knowledge in that area.

I don't consider myself psychic, but sensative. In college I could kinda sense the presence of entities. Of course it was hard not to, there seems to be a lot of ghosts at NEIU. Then again with Bohemian National Cemetery on its doorstep not a big surprise.

I've got a few stories about NEIU ghosts (my faves!) but I'll save most for the meeting. :D I'll share one though -- from when I was Production Editor on the newspaper. I was the last person out one evening, and the very first one in the next morning. I knew no one else had been in, and I walked in the door and heard the very distinctive sound of keys falling on the floor. Like when you drop your car keys. The newspaper office is two connected rooms. You enter the main room from the hallway, and then there's a door in the center of the opposite wall to the main door that leads to the production room. the sound had definitely come from the production room. I searched that entire office top to bottom and could not find ANYTHING that was out of place from how I'd left it, not to mention I couldn't find anything that could have made that sound.

Anyway I best get a little sleep...got a LOT of sewing to do tom--er, today. :D But one quick question -- would I be allowed to invite a couple of friends to our group that aren't Acen-goers? I'm trying to get them to come but we just regained touch with each other recently and they're not able to make this year. But one has a LOT of paranormal experience, she's the one who was trying to get Richard Crowe to investigate NEIU, and she has been to BG before (it was me, her and my ex-bf). If you want to limit it to just Acen people that's fine, but if not, I'd love to drag her in. :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#89 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 10 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

you're fine kasin, but please let's keep it a rule that we may squabble somewhat amonst ourselves but lets never take it far.
we must be serious on this stuff (sounds odd comin from me, eh? :P )

:blink: very much so! but I understand completely, sorry.
i heard Thermometers, the goggle ones?
does any one have night vision goggles?
i'm not big on ghost besides that one time, but i want to see something! knowing me i'll probably scream because i got touched...and find out it's a kitten that touched me...

but I'm offically in, if you want me!

#90 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

Name: Nicholas username: Kasin
Skill: ummm smart, mostly with math. hmmm, that about it, i do have a good 6th sense when it comes to evil auras and such.
Equipment available: digital camera with night vision, hmmm. actually *smiles* my dad has alot of CB radios, any one ever hear what they can be used for? some say if you pick the right freq. you can communicate with the dead. but they aren't portable... :( but that would be cool. i mean by the info i have see, "ghost" are positive or negative energies built up. if some on could tune into it that would be cool.

and one have a ghost box?

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users