Anime Central Forums: Bg Meetup - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bg Meetup Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agenc

Poll: Bachelor's Grove is where (20 member(s) have cast votes)

ergo when is:

1. a sunday (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. a saterday (9 votes [32.14%])

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

3. a friday (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

4. which ever one of 1-3 is fine with me! (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. some other day during the week (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote

#1 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

the Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agency wishes to go on a trip to Bachelor's grove Cemetry!

*updated*

READ ALL OF THIS

The meeting place will be Bachelor's Grove Cemetry.
The Date: Saterday, July 26
The meeting time shall be around 3pm.
What we shall be doing there: Taking pictures/video/evp, talking about paranormal/anime/paranormal anime/anything.
the rules:

Rule#1: NO DAMAGING PROPERTY

Rule#2: Please no cosplaying for this event. I know it's fun and all but nothing very elobrate. the furthest i'm allowing for anything is the exception that you can wear accessories, but no actuall full costumes unless non-otaku would consider you "normal" (seeing as if you dressed as Lupin the Third, i'd allow that but please no dressing up as someone from Naturo for example.)

Rule#3: You may bring food, but if you do, you are required to not leave any litter behind.

Rule#4: VERY IMPORTANT! When the sun begins to set, the meetup is over. Which means we have to get out of there ASAP! The reason for doing this is becuase you can and will be arrested for tresspassing there after sundown. Also be sure to keep an eye on the sun and tell as many people as possible when the sun is nearly ready to go down so everyone is aware and ready to go, for instance if you see the sun is going down, make sure you begin packing up whatever you brought if it was food or make sure to get whomever you brought with you.

Rule#4: We're going to go in groups of 7 with one leader to visit the cemetary. So I need volunteers who would like to be a group leader. group leaders must report to me at 3 when we're all there. message me to become a group leader.

For more info and also how to get to Bachelor's Grove please visit:
http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/

Also if anyone can get me the time that the sun is supposed to set on the 26th

Also let's do another roll call so i can see how many people are coming so far
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#2 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Oooooo... ghosties. I can't wait!

(Yay! This is my 1000th counted post!)
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#3 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on Apr 29 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

the Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agency wishes to go on a trip to Bachelor's grove Cemetry!

So far TekoMuto is going to try and contact the owners of said place to see if we can go there at night to record the bizzare and oddities and possible even supernatural events that take place there. (more on both later)

Right now Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agency is deciding on which is a good day for the expidition to take place.

DISCUSS!

Hey! You kept the name! Beautiful!
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:22 AM

*glomps TekoMuto*

I love you!!!! You rock!!!!! OMG I got to go to Batchelor's Grove in the daytime, which was like MEGA awesome, but at NIGHT!? *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

You have no idea how much I would love love love LOVE to do that!!!!!!!!!

(yes I am the biggest ghost hunting fangirl on the planet. Blame watching Ghostbusters so many times I haven't pulled out the DVD in like five months and I could still quote the damn movie beginning to end)

Whenever it is I will be there! :D I have been so looking forward to going back there...that place is just beyond the beyond when it comes to psychic energy. I mean we were there in broad daylight and I was getting shivers up and down my spine. Didn't see anything, didn't record anything, who cares, cuz I could *feel* the haunting. There are some places that just FEEL haunted, and that place is SO one of them.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:27 AM

What kinda stuff do you use to detect ghosts, anyway?

My gran used candles "to keep them from roaming about"--she always said that spirits were fascinated by a flame, but that's partially based on religious bosh.

Logically thinking though, if a (semi-)sentient mass of faint residual energy wanted to make it's presence known, theoretically it would require more energy to do this, right? So what kind of photography-friendly sources of energy could we use to draw 'em out?
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#6 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:42 AM

I need a car o_o
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#7 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

Well your typical real world ghost hunting devices would be: cameras, audio recorders, emf detectors, thermometers, infrared cameras. Though how I would love to have a PKE meter.... ;) Or to still have my kiddie EMF detector because a certain ex-boyfriend never gave it back!

Cameras, both video and still, can sometimes pick up manifestations in frequencies the human eye cannot see. Often the investigator will not see anything but when reviewing the photos or footage later something is visible (the infamous Brown Lady of Raynam Hall is an excellent example of this). The Ghost Hunters usually set up a dozen or more cameras that run all night, plus each pair of investigators has one or more cameras too. Dale Kaczmarek led an investigation at Batchelor's Grove a number of years ago that produced an amazing shot, a woman sitting on a tombstone that was not visible at all during the investigation. *checks GRS website* Aha, here it is, http://www.ghostrese...achelors/6.html -- I think that photo is amazing!

Audio recorders run along the same line, as they can pick up what's referred to as EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena. A voice that's not heard when recording but later heard on the playback. The Ghost Hunters have picked up some GREAT EVPs on the show!

Thermometers work along the phenomena of cold spots. Where a spirit manifests there is frequently a palatable cold spot (and I believe I remember hearing about those being picked up at Batchelor's Grove). A digital thermometer that can detect the temperature of the air (looks like a starter pistol) can show 'proof' of a cold spot beyond you feeling the chills. Also infrared video recorders do much the same thing, and can sometimes pick up an invisible manifestation (that will be visible by a difference in temperature).

EMF (ElectroMagnetic Field) detectors can pick up changes in the EMF field of a location. Spirits sometimes use electromagnetic energy to manifest. Typically an EMF field is fairly consistent, you'll get spikes where there's like computer equipment and power lines, but if there's a spike in EMF readings and you can rule out man-made sources, there's some evidence toward spiritual activity!

....and I know way too much about this stuff and am probably boring y'all ;)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#8 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 8685

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

I'm game. This will be my 5th "ghost looking" trip (^^)

The guys of TAPS are my heroes. They're brilliant...
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#9 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

View Postmens_pocky06, on Apr 30 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

I'm game. This will be my 5th "ghost looking" trip (^^)

The guys of TAPS are my heroes. They're brilliant...

if we see anything we must tell taps
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#10 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

If... if my parents would let me go... I would love to O_O I've read ghost stories since I was a kidlet and it always seemed awesome but I was scared. Going with ACen people would... would be awesome.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#11 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

I'm very tempted to go...but I don't know I swore off ghost hunting....but it's exciting thinking about what could happen or if anything happens. ;)
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

you should also go to the asylum some where in rockford, i've never seen it but it's legend that a man used shock therapy to torture people in to crazy killers, and they say if you walk in you get taken over by one of the victims and try to kill...

it's a myth and was on the show "supernatural"
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#13 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on Apr 29 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

So far TekoMuto is going to try and contact the owners of said place to see if we can go there at night to record the bizzare and oddities and possible even supernatural events that take place there. (more on both later)

Right now Acen's Phantasmagoric Paranormal Investigation and Detection Agency is deciding on which is a good day for the expidition to take place.

DISCUSS!

Hey, do you want me to contact the owners? Cuz I did bring that idea up, and you seem to have a lot to do to prepare already.

#14 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'll bring a video cam and keep it on night vision. I'm up for anything like asylums. My semi-cousin knows of this place (kinda gets in illegally, but there are websites that say how) taht's an abandoned children's asylum. One of his friends went and got his arm slashed by a hobo.....

I'm still up for goin!

Oh, and teko, if you want me to do anything, let me know. Coming up with the idea then not doing anything is kinda bothering me :P

#15 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

View PostRawk z3r0, on May 1 2008, 03:42 AM, said:

Hey, do you want me to contact the owners? Cuz I did bring that idea up, and you seem to have a lot to do to prepare already.

Can we both contact them? i'd kinda like to speak to them personally ^^ (to me they'd be like celebrities)

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 1 2008, 04:49 AM, said:

I'll bring a video cam and keep it on night vision. I'm up for anything like asylums. My semi-cousin knows of this place (kinda gets in illegally, but there are websites that say how) taht's an abandoned children's asylum. One of his friends went and got his arm slashed by a hobo.....

I'm still up for goin!

Oh, and teko, if you want me to do anything, let me know. Coming up with the idea then not doing anything is kinda bothering me :P

you're the pack mule <3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#16 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:01 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 1 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

Can we both contact them? i'd kinda like to speak to them personally ^^ (to me they'd be like celebrities)

lol, well I don't want to take that excitement from you. :)

#17 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

XP There should be an Indianapolis branch
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#18 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:55 AM

View PostRawk z3r0, on May 1 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

lol, well I don't want to take that excitement from you. :)

so a source of mine says that the "city" owns bachelors grove

#19 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

OMG! I want to go with! If we can decide on a date in enough time, I will be able to get off work (weekends work best for me.) and then I will come up there and play with you guys!
Website
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#20 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 1 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

you're the pack mule <3

am I allowed to do that anime-esque waterfall cry?

Nah! I'll be one of the founding memebers! (I know how I spelled that). Maybe head of security and safety...or special tactics...(am I starting to sound like Dwight Shrute?)

Indianapolis branch eh....teko, what you think about it? I'm down for it if you could record some of your adventures and post them up...Ooo we should get a website. Infact, you could head it if it were up to me...is it?

#21 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 2 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

am I allowed to do that anime-esque waterfall cry?

Nah! I'll be one of the founding memebers! (I know how I spelled that). Maybe head of security and safety...or special tactics...(am I starting to sound like Dwight Shrute?)

Indianapolis branch eh....teko, what you think about it? I'm down for it if you could record some of your adventures and post them up...Ooo we should get a website. Infact, you could head it if it were up to me...is it?

alright i guess that means i'm head then ^_^' *bows* i hope to serve you all with the study of the after life!

but srsly we should form a board of some kind whom organises our expiditions. I nomiate hoohaa-kun for vice leader person

#22 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

Ooo can I be historical researcher technogeek?

Or basically, Donna in TAPS? :D (though I like my title better)

Cuz I know TONS about Chicago area hauntings. As in, let me babble and you'll hear more than you ever wanted to know about them ;) And there's LOADS of awesome places to investigate. :D

#23 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

sounds good. didn't think I'd actually come up with an idea for an orgainzation. So, Teko's head leader, I'm founding member, I still haven't thought of a good name for myself or what I'd head, and Knit's research. Apparantly we have an indianapolis branch too :P

I'll be team captain or something cool sounding, any idears?

#24 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on May 3 2008, 08:40 PM, said:

sounds good. didn't think I'd actually come up with an idea for an orgainzation. So, Teko's head leader, I'm founding member, I still haven't thought of a good name for myself or what I'd head, and Knit's research. Apparantly we have an indianapolis branch too :P

I'll be team captain or something cool sounding, any idears?

mr.sunday

#25 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:44 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on May 3 2008, 05:05 PM, said:

mr.sunday

It's like a weird spin on Reservoir Dogs. Chief Investigator! Inspector?

#26 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

I contacted the person in charge of the bachelor's grove website and he told me who we would need to get a hold of. Also he pointed out that we would need things like proof of insurance and permits etc.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#27 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

View Postomnichild, on May 4 2008, 09:21 AM, said:

I contacted the person in charge of the bachelor's grove website and he told me who we would need to get a hold of. Also he pointed out that we would need things like proof of insurance and permits etc.

All of us with proof of insurance? And I don't think I have a permit for...things. Teko?

#28 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

erhhmm.....

so far i've got none of those :/

#29 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Well whoever contacts the owner's could ask them exactly what permits we would need. And the insurance is probably in case we accidently damage property or something.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#30 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

So no baseball bats. Gotcha.