A Few Questions

#1 User is offline   xSaria 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 9203

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:59 AM

What are the rules on...

1) Passing out advertising Fliers On Convention grounds. (My friend wants to do it for his website... lol... People do this on street corners, I'm just wondering if it's allowed on con grounds)

2) If someone that you were traveling with gets expelled from the con, but you've done nothing wrong, would YOU also be expelled? (XD)

3) My other travel companion wants to know if she gets extremely ill what she should do? (besides stay away from people! Ahaa!)

4) Last one, if my other friend gets harassed in any way, where would she go to report it?

Thanks everyone, I'm sure my group of 3 will be very happy for these policy questions to be answered!
The local aquarium is a bad place to fight jellyfish. You could be arrested.

#2 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

1) Doubt it, IRT would have to clarify though
2) Why would you get thrown out if you weren't the guilty party or an asset to the guilty one?
But no, Unless YOU did anything wrong, the only person who would be "dealt" with, would be the person who commited the transgression
3) Stay in room, I'm sure there is a walgreens or CVS nearby, If its really bad, go to the hospital?
4) IRT.

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#3 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

1) People leave flyers advertising other cons, webcomics, art sites, anime clubs etc. on the customer service/info tables, which is cool - they're all in one place, and people often nab a few when they pass by the desk.

3) Is your friend expecting to get sick for some reason (pre-existing illness, allergies, etc?) or just trying to cover all the bases? The medic staff would definitely like to know what to expect if it's the former, so she can get the proper assistance quickly if need be :) IIRC there's a spot in the registration form to list medical conditions like that. If she's just worried she'll come down with con plague or upset stomach or something, yeah, stay in the room to avoid spreading it, drink lots of fluids and try to feel better ASAP! (though usually in my experience con plague manifests during the week AFTER con - 'con plague', 'con flu' or various other names being a generic term for colds and other illnesses you catch from having too many people in a small space, and your immune system being compromised by too little sleep, too much excitement, and a diet of pocky and ramune, lol). I certainly hope it wouldn't be necessary, but you can always ask for some assistance in getting her to a local clinic or hospital if it's really bad.

#4 User is offline   Wedge 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3565

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

View PostxSaria, on Apr 29 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

1) Passing out advertising Fliers On Convention grounds. (My friend wants to do it for his website... lol... People do this on street corners, I'm just wondering if it's allowed on con grounds)

View PostAlicorn, on Apr 29 2008, 02:40 PM, said:

1) People leave flyers advertising other cons, webcomics, art sites, anime clubs etc. on the customer service/info tables, which is cool - they're all in one place, and people often nab a few when they pass by the desk.

2) If someone that you were traveling with gets expelled from the con, but you've done nothing wrong, would YOU also be expelled? (XD)

No, you would not be expelled by proxy only the offending person(s).

3) My other travel companion wants to know if she gets extremely ill what she should do? (besides stay away from people! Ahaa!)

Contact IRT, our medical staff will assist you.

View PostxSaria, on Apr 29 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

4) Last one, if my other friend gets harassed in any way, where would she go to report it?

Contact the nearest IRT operative, or any staff member with a radio and ask them to call IRT for you.
Wedge
SET Supervisor
Incident Response Team

Love us with obedience or we'll hate you with hammers.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

#5 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

3) Is your friend expecting to get sick for some reason (pre-existing illness, allergies, etc?) or just trying to cover all the bases? The medic staff would definitely like to know what to expect if it's the former, so she can get the proper assistance quickly if need be :) IIRC there's a spot in the registration form to list medical conditions like that.

We're also offering medical alert tags. Pick one up at Customer Service, fill in your information (medical condition, medications, allergies and emergency contact info) and slide it into the back side of your badge case. If there are any difficulties, that's the first place the EMRT folks will check.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#6 User is offline   xSaria 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

Thanks! x3!!

My friend is just really worried, because when she gets sick, she gets SICK. And when she gets sick, she usually somehow manages to infect everyone she touches. >___>;;;
XD Thanks.

#7 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

View PostxSaria, on Apr 29 2008, 09:42 PM, said:

Thanks! x3!!

My friend is just really worried, because when she gets sick, she gets SICK. And when she gets sick, she usually somehow manages to infect everyone she touches. >___>;;;
XD Thanks.

Um... maybe we should request a picture of this Typhoid Mary friend of yours so that we can be sure to stay well away from her.... :mellow:

:lol:

#8 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the warning >.> *wears one of those trendy face masks for the whole con, like all the cool Asians are doing*

#9 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:23 AM

Sadly, the face masks are intended to be worn when you are sick, so as to not infect someone else with your nasty droplet infections. They aren't protective.
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#10 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

SHH YOU'RE MESSING UP MY...er...whatchamacalit, where you think it has an effect so therefore it does have an effect? Yeah, that. You just ruined it for me, now I can't trick my body into not getting sick ;3

#11 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Placebo effect? Sorry about that.

Hey, I've got a cure. Just take these pills here. They're, uh, homeopathic or something. They'll stop you from getting sick. (This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA...)
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#12 User is offline   xSaria 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Sorry, no can do, my friend will secretly infect all of you for she is the carrier of the T-virus! OHNOEZ!

Kidding! XD Again, thanks for the answers.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users