Anime Central Forums: Things That Are Kind Of A Downer About Acen - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Things That Are Kind Of A Downer About Acen

#1 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

Well, I guess I made the title in a way that you can rant about something bad about acen. Not bad about acen, but something that's preventing you from enjoying it 100%.

Personally, i'm heading to the thursday meet n' greet. Friday, saturday.

I always wanted to see the opening and closing ceremonies.

Opening ceremonies should be possible this time now that I got my own car and U-pass for the train

But the closing ceremonies...

Last year left early cause my buddies wanted to go to Cici's...

year before that, had to go to my brother's college graduation...

this year, sister's college graduation.

Next year...my graduation...dernit.

I'll be 38 before I see closing ceremonies...

Anyway, that's mine, you got anything?
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#2 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

I think what keeps me from enjoying something at Acen would be people acting like idiots and ruining the fun for me. Then again just about everywhere you go you'll meet/see people like that who ruins your fun (purposely or not), so I'll live.

What would really upset me would probably be the programs I want to go to not work out. I was pretty sad last year as just about nothing worked out for me ._. I even got a friend pretty upset at me last year, and even though we've patched things up, nothing feels quite right anymore.

So I'm still feeling kinda iffie this year, but hopefully everything will go smoothly :] My friends and I really took the time and effort to plan things out this year, so hopefully everything will be fine! <3
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#3 User is offline   otakucomedian_thefirst 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 17099

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

WOOT!! ILL BE THERE FOR BEFORE CERMEMONIES! OPENING CEMEMONIES! SEIZURING BEOFRE THE POWER RANGERS! AND CLOSING CEREMONIES first time im doin this..and i couldnt be happier..best part..no line waiting!!! GOD BLESS YOU ARTIE TESSMAN!

#4 User is offline   MistressKandi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5832

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

The fact that so many people think it is ok to throw bathing out the window for three days its just sick. Its not that hard to shower every day to keep acen pleasant for everyone around year. Last year this nasty sweaty kid ran into me and i swear my arm reaked afterward. I had to go to my room to shower to get the stink off. PLEASE PEOPLE spend 10 minutes a day and wash your seld.. you know like a civilized person! They need those showers in labs for when you get chemicals on yourself, to throw the nasty fankids in and hose them down.

#5 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

walk around, AXE-ing people. Hehe. Aonele...sorry bout that, hehe.
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#6 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

It seems like more and more people don't go their because they're anime fans but more because they want a place to party like crazy. Plus, it seems like more and more people couldn't care much for other anime besides a select few like Naruto or Bleach. This may make me sound like a jerk but that's how I feel.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#7 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

i will possibly get sick in front of them
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#8 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Apr 28 2008, 11:39 PM, said:

walk around, AXE-ing people. Hehe. Aonele...sorry bout that, hehe.

I haz a mini-bottle of Febreze and I WILL mace people with it.

I also have little ziploc bags with a travel-size Deodorant, a bar of Irish Spring, and a washcloth, and I will not be afraid to use it if I get glomped by funky otaku. Oh yeah, I GOT SOAP.

BATHE!!!!

Dammit I have hugs for all, but if I hug you and you're funky I just might have to punch you in the gut (and then drop the "funky otaku kit" on your chest as I walk away...)
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#9 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

I kinda love being in the bath, so no problems their ^_^
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#10 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

The weekend before final exams week... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
=(
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#11 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

i dislike the vendor room hours :/ i mean i REALLY love hanging out in there even if i've gone through all the vendor's stuff 4 times already. also i wish it was bigger (i dunno i guess i was spolied by GenCon Indy's vendor room: SOOO BIG IT WAS BIGGER THAN XBOX!!)

yeah and also i haet how people in the arcade room are always hogging it/it's always crowded

i wish some of the Staff's gophers were a little more serious about thier jobs (you know the ones, the ones who just joined the staff on the spot, yeah i'm talking about you JEFF!!!) and they'lll misshandle your props and sometimes break them cuase they were being too rough with them (my poor gun ;_; damn you jeff......) but i do know staff has alot on thier handsso i can't blame them if thier a lil cranky or not but being too rough with your props its just taboo with me (jeff was "looking over" my gun by holding it like a real gun and squeezing the modified trigger i put into it a little too roughly and the circut board it was connected to fell out and i had no way to fix it at all and when i was about to complain to him he was like "ohp, my shifts over") but other than gophers like that i reveare staff members.

I also dislike the people who go to Acen for the just the parties. Heck if you wanna go to a con for just a party, go to like Reactor or LOLCon, thier both in chicago. Heck LOLCon is right down town. sadly these people often result in skirmishes beteen both Acen and Non-Acen staff which builds tension between them. The non acen staff (such asa hotel staff) expect that we behave and hold not just us but also the Acen staff moreover that we be responsible. I mean it's ok to act like a child and have fun at parties, but thats not what Acen is about! Acen is about a place where our dreams as otaku are fufiled! We are united as brothers and sisters whom honor each other becuase we realize that we're outside the social bounds of most of society. We all realize that we're their for eachother and also how trails oflife can effect us through certain aspects of condrama. Acen tells us that theres people like us out there, and since we're good people, Acen tells us that those people like us out there are also good people! United, We are Otaku, Devided we are also otaku but we remember that there are others. Acen tells us that we're in this together but we're gonna have fun while going through it.

Heck i started out on things that i could dislike about Acen, but you know what? I think, I've learned something. I learned more on why I love Acen. It was knowledge I hadn't realized but still knew and it makes me happier and more hoping that I can come this year. I love you all X..3 imma gonna go cry now (tears of joy)
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#12 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

i agree with teko and t_c. Chick you dont have to worry about me cuz i personally hate the feeling of dirt i get when i havent showered and teko is completly right

damit they summed up what i would have complained about!!!! >.<
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#13 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Apr 29 2008, 03:38 AM, said:

I haz a mini-bottle of Febreze and I WILL mace people with it.

I also have little ziploc bags with a travel-size Deodorant, a bar of Irish Spring, and a washcloth, and I will not be afraid to use it if I get glomped by funky otaku. Oh yeah, I GOT SOAP.

BATHE!!!!

Dammit I have hugs for all, but if I hug you and you're funky I just might have to punch you in the gut (and then drop the "funky otaku kit" on your chest as I walk away...)

hahahhhahah
thats so gangsta.lol

i hope i dont see someone get decked with irish spring
the funny thing is, thats the exact same way military beatdowns are
a bar of sap and a cloth.lol
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#14 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Awww... I wuvsh da Teko-kun too.

He's such a sweetheart...
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#15 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

This year is the first time I'll ever see closing ceremonies for a con, as I (purposefully) never go to them at any other con and have always left ACen before they happen. :o
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#16 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

Seeing my friends who are from out of town leave. :(
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#17 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

View Postexcel excel, on Apr 29 2008, 11:51 AM, said:

Seeing my friends who are from out of town leave. :(

Yeah, that's definitely a downer. It's sad that we can't hang out longer than the con days...
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#18 User is offline   s0nicfreak 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10796

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

It ends.
~ internet sensation s0nicfreak

Knited & Crocheted fan-art; plushies, hats, scarves, and more
Custom orders welcome!
CraftOtaku.com

ATTENDING: ACen 2014
MAYBE ATTENDING: Anime Midwest July 4 - 6 2014
SELLING IN THE ARTIST ALLEY AT: RAMENCON September 19 - 21 2014

#19 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

View Posts0nicfreak, on Apr 29 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

It ends.

And that leads to being in denial...
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#20 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

1) I've never made it to opening or closing ceremonies. But again, we drive from out of town and have a long drive home, so I guess that's a given. :lol: I'd like to see opening ceremonies just once, just to have attended opening, but whatever. I won't cry about it.

2) The idiots that run around and destroy the hotel are going to make the con experience a little less fun. Even if I don't see it or hear it myself, just knowing they did it (afterward) makes me so mad. I hate people that give the rest of us bad reps and make the hotel want to kick us out.
People, don't be retarded.

3) I'm going to be as busy as ever, which is both good and bad, but since this is a negative thread, I'm mentioning this as a negative thing because this con won't be relaxing at all. XD

...Honestly, that's all I can think of right now. :O So far, it's shaping up to be pretty awesome.
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#21 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Apr 29 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

1) I've never made it to opening or closing ceremonies. But again, we drive from out of town and have a long drive home, so I guess that's a given. :lol: I'd like to see opening ceremonies just once, just to have attended opening, but whatever. I won't cry about it.

2) The idiots that run around and destroy the hotel are going to make the con experience a little less fun. Even if I don't see it or hear it myself, just knowing they did it (afterward) makes me so mad. I hate people that give the rest of us bad reps and make the hotel want to kick us out.
People, don't be retarded.

3) I'm going to be as busy as ever, which is both good and bad, but since this is a negative thread, I'm mentioning this as a negative thing because this con won't be relaxing at all. XD

...Honestly, that's all I can think of right now. :o So far, it's shaping up to be pretty awesome.

*hugz* I love you for putting it all that way, especially the second point...
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#22 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

btw.... where exaclty are the opening/closing ceremonies and whom organises them? i wanna get them to use my Ode to Acen (aka Acen Anthem) when they do it
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#23 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

It's only a weekend ;0
DOWNER
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#24 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:56 AM

Lol!! come now, we all have return to normal life the con is just a little bit of otaku paradise

#25 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:16 AM

View Postjackspicer, on Apr 30 2008, 07:56 AM, said:

Lol!! come now, we all have return to normal life the con is just a little bit of otaku paradise

This is exactly the words right out of my mouth on how it is such a downer! It's so much fun being able to care more about photoshoots than work or which party/panel/programming you're going to instead of worrying about real life concerns. It's so awesome to be able to just turn to someone and start having a conversation about a similar interest. It's special interest paradise and is unique to any other feeling. This is why I love conventions.

I hate the feeling you get when you're packing up your stuff out of your hotel room: it's like giving up your house you've had for the last few days. You have to say goodbye to all your friends and see them leave. You have to change out of costume and be yourself again. I so hate that feeling when the buzz of the convention slows down and things start to get...mellow.

Last year we had an after-con party at Mitsuwa and plan on doing so again. It was the perfect send off for all my best friends and made a better ending to the convention than in the past.
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#26 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

I agree, the Acen world is a better world, but nothing lasts forever.

#27 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

View Postjackspicer, on Apr 30 2008, 07:56 AM, said:

Otaku paradise... I like that a lot, and I think this year, I'm going to make the effort to find more cons to attend so that I don't feel permanent withdrawal symptoms after ACen ends.
=D
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#28 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

Good luck with that ^_^

#29 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

View Postjackspicer, on Apr 30 2008, 09:47 AM, said:

Good luck with that ^_^

Dude, OhayoCon sounds fun.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#30 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

IT NEEDS TO LAST FOREVER

IT NEEDS TO LAST FOREVER
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com