Anime Central Forums: Panel Programming Updates And Information - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Panel Programming Updates And Information Quick update for panelists

#31 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hope everything's well with you guys.

LET CHOCOLATE BE YOUR DRIVE.

#32 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

Alright... we have a couple more things being taken care of. If you want to know when your panel is let me know and I will look for you. I need a full title of the panel (saying you are running the FMA Panel or Final Fantasy panel is NOT helping much). I do not see any major switches in fan panels at this time.

I want our panelists to know when they are expected to do their thing. I will do what is in my power.

adhpanelprog@acen.org is my official acen email now (I guess someone thought it necessary) and it goes directly into my main email account which I check many times a day. Send a line to me there and I will look you up. If you get missed somehow... call me at 616.901.1308 because I know I can be a little scatterbrained at times, particularly with the amount of writing I have had to do lately with finals starting next week.

And I am expecting to be on site Thursday afternoon for certain so you will be able to pick up your badges on Thursday if you choose to do so or you can wait until Friday morning. I do not know off the top of my head the exact time that we can get in the room much less set up. I hope to have a little more concrete details soon on the exact times but on Friday we traditionally open the office at approximately 8am. I am a skinny female with black hair and bright red tips and very likely to have pigtails. If you have any questions and see me, particularly on Thursday, do not hesitate to ask. Or ask any staffer on radio for Lynn Hunt as they are likely to know who I am and can get a hold of me.

Here's to hoping for things to be resolved soon.......
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#33 User is offline   AcenGuyPing 

• ACen Guy
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9166

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

I know this has been asked a couple of times already, but what about panelist badges? I know the schedule came first, but any info would be very helpful
WARNING! The following links contain opinions and may not be suitable for those easily offended!

www.ACenGuys.com | Forum | Convention Exploration Force | ACen Guys MySpace | My MySpace

#34 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:56 PM

I hope there will be an email sent out a 2 days before the con letting us know the panel info ... such as badge pickup and what not :)
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#35 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:34 PM

I was under the impression that Justin should have sent an email out to all panelists regarding the procedure to getting their badges comped? If that is not the case please let me know. If there is any issues with people not getting it and needing the badges I will be glad to address those at the convention as will Justin.

As far as pickup... I asked the vice con chair for the times we can get in the rooms. This also depends on us being able to get in as Justin and I are both out of state and thus have a bit of traveling to do. So we need to get into the room and setup. Look for an email a couple days before the convention. We will have concrete details a little closer on the actual pickup times.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations

#36 User is offline   kalajessta 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6679

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

I haven't received anything on any info regarding pick ups of badges, when our panels are, or even if someone got our information for our badges. It's kind of a bit alarming considering that ACen is so close.
2008 ACen Cosplays:

Riku -
Blood+
Robin -Le Chevalier D'eon
James - Pokemon
Odin - Romeo x Juliet
Asch the Bloody(Viscount)- Tales of the Abyss
Rossiu -Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggann

I take plush and costume commissions: http://kalajessta.deviantart.com/

#37 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

View Postkalajessta, on May 7 2008, 04:50 AM, said:

I haven't received anything on any info regarding pick ups of badges, when our panels are, or even if someone got our information for our badges. It's kind of a bit alarming considering that ACen is so close.

Me neither. Two of my panelists have paid for their badges in our group and I have not heard a peep regarding how we will be refunded for that.
"You think so too, right?"

#38 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:46 AM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 6 2008, 07:34 PM, said:

I was under the impression that Justin should have sent an email out to all panelists regarding the procedure to getting their badges comped? If that is not the case please let me know. If there is any issues with people not getting it and needing the badges I will be glad to address those at the convention as will Justin.

As far as pickup... I asked the vice con chair for the times we can get in the rooms. This also depends on us being able to get in as Justin and I are both out of state and thus have a bit of traveling to do. So we need to get into the room and setup. Look for an email a couple days before the convention. We will have concrete details a little closer on the actual pickup times.

I'm leaving my house at like 4am on Thursday morning to catch a flight, so if you plan on sending out that email the day before the con, I won't get it :( I'll be sure to track you guys down if that's the case :)

View Postkalajessta, on May 6 2008, 08:50 PM, said:

View PostBrightdreamer, on May 6 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

Me neither. Two of my panelists have paid for their badges in our group and I have not heard a peep regarding how we will be refunded for that.

Same with me, I was working with purplegoddess then I heard nothing. Me and 2 other panelists paid for a full badge (we did this before I knew I'd be doing a panel) and we'd really like to get a refund. Also, my badge already got mailed to me, would I have to turn it in? It's all spiffy.
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#39 User is offline   Spike.760 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9522

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

Yeah this whole thing is kind of worrying me.
And I still don't know when the Thursday thing is, because no one will reply to my post. D:
Tainted World
My Japanese Rock Community.

MySpace | Last.FM | Band's MySpace

#40 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

So, uh...is there going to be a schedule released to the public before the actual con? Or at least an updated list of panels? *Ohki is a curious wittle fox*
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#41 User is offline   AcenGuyPing 

• ACen Guy
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9166

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 6 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

I was under the impression that Justin should have sent an email out to all panelists regarding the procedure to getting their badges comped?

The only info was posted by the other department staffer and zero info on getting comped for pre-paid badges
WARNING! The following links contain opinions and may not be suitable for those easily offended!

www.ACenGuys.com | Forum | Convention Exploration Force | ACen Guys MySpace | My MySpace

#42 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Panelist who already paid for a badge will be dealt with at the convention. I am more worried about getting other things worked out for the convention such as the schedule and making sure people GET a badge. Please be patient on that. I don't want anybody asking about refunds right now because I cannot do anything immediately.

Come to panel programming operations to pick up your badge. If you paid we will be able to see it in the computer and make an accurate list of who had paid already versus those who are currently comped. We will work from there.
Lynn Hunt

#43 User is offline   Lady Luck 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17675

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

View PostSpike.760, on May 7 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

Yeah this whole thing is kind of worrying me.
And I still don't know when the Thursday thing is, because no one will reply to my post. D:

Like half of my group is talking about bailing because we haven't even gotten confirmation on anything yet. We got the generic "hang in there" e-mail, but nothing regarding panel times or if anyone actually received our badge comp information. If they bail, I know the rest of us won't be able to afford to the con either and we're all pretty much SOL. The situation in my past experiences has never been the bad before, I know you guys are busy I wish there was more official communication on the matter. It's hard for me to keep saying "soon" for a month with no real updates beyond that and have it be believable, especially this close to the convention.
Pokettokon - January 10-11, 2009 - East Peoria, IL

#44 User is offline   TanukiSunshine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17971

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

Lady Luck, did you try emailing Lynn (Illia Sadri) with your panel info as she instructed (and I quoted below)? She can tell you when your panels are. =)

Edit: And there is a separate thread here with more info about panel badges.

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 6 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

Alright... we have a couple more things being taken care of. If you want to know when your panel is let me know and I will look for you. I need a full title of the panel (sa
1e67
ying you are running the FMA Panel or Final Fantasy panel is NOT helping much). I do not see any major switches in fan panels at this time.

I want our panelists to know when they are expected to do their thing. I will do what is in my power.

adhpanelprog@acen.org is my official acen email now (I guess someone thought it necessary) and it goes directly into my main email account which I check many times a day. Send a line to me there and I will look you up. If you get missed somehow... call me at 616.901.1308 because I know I can be a little scatterbrained at times, particularly with the amount of writing I have had to do lately with finals starting next week.

Co-Founder of Okashi Studios
Visit us in the Dealers Room ~ Booth #540
Get an ACen'08-exclusive Shira Oka forum icon for stopping by!

Our panels
#1: Introduction to Ren'ai Games (Saturday, 9pm)
#2: Shira Oka: Second Chances Preview (Saturday, 10pm)

#45 User is offline   Lady Luck 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

View PostTanukiSunshine, on May 7 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

Lady Luck, did you try emailing Lynn (Illia Sadri) with your panel info as she instructed (and I quoted below)? She can tell you when your panels are. =)

Edit: And there is a separate thread here with more info about panel badges.

Currently waiting for response. But I think the consensus is being upset on principle and the thought that we shouldn't have to wait for panel confirmation when it says 2 days, wait weeks for w/no confirmation of badge information received, etc. I understand Guest relations dropping the ball and the shuffle that had to be made in regards to schedules, but I think it would be a lot easier for them just to mass mail one e-mail to all panelists than have to reply to each individual inquiry.

#46 User is offline   TanukiSunshine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17971

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

Oh yeah, as a fellow panelist, I don't disagree with you. Their rationale seems to be that they don't want to send out a mass mailing until the schedule is set in stone... but I feel your pain. ;) This is my third year doing panels at various conventions, and there does seem to be more... drama... with this year's ACen panel signups, hehe. But I think they're trying their best, and hopefully things will get worked out soon enough.
Co-Founder of Okashi Studios
Visit us in the Dealers Room ~ Booth #540
Get an ACen'08-exclusive Shira Oka forum icon for stopping by!

Our panels
#1: Introduction to Ren'ai Games (Saturday, 9pm)
#2: Shira Oka: Second Chances Preview (Saturday, 10pm)

#47 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:06 PM

Ive been working on collecting the comp badge infomation if you pm me with the title of your panel and your name i can let you know what info we have recieved.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#48 User is offline   kalajessta 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6679

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:25 AM

I've emailed, Illia Sadri, still haven't received any information at all to when my panel is going to be. This is a bit insane considering it's only 8 days until the convention.
2008 ACen Cosplays:

Riku -
Blood+
Robin -Le Chevalier D'eon
James - Pokemon
Odin - Romeo x Juliet
Asch the Bloody(Viscount)- Tales of the Abyss
Rossiu -Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggann

I take plush and costume commissions: http://kalajessta.deviantart.com/

#49 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

View Postkalajessta, on May 8 2008, 06:25 AM, said:

I've emailed, Illia Sadri, still haven't received any information at all to when my panel is going to be. This is a bit insane considering it's only 8 days until the convention.

Same here ... and now 7 days.
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#50 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

View PostAmunet, on May 8 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Same here ... and now 7 days.

Ok heres hte deal im going to start mailing out stuff tonight, by tonight I mean after I finish turning in my final history paper and an oil painting. That way you panelists will have an idea of when your go time is. Illia been terribley swamped with certain last minute changes, and we are very sorry. Just hold tight till this evening an you should start seeing email pop into you inboxes. Yes it will probaly take me a while to get thorugh everyone as well because the schedule cannot be fully released so I cant just do a mass mailing. Thanks guys
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#51 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thanks a lot and guys... if you email me do give me 24 hours to get back to you. I can't magically answer everything the instant it comes in. I have classes and need to

And if you get nothing, that is what phone is for since I am getting 50ish acen related emails a day. However... call once. If I don't answer I am likely in classes and cannot exactly get back to you. I gave it out in good faith, but calling 6 times over the span of an hour is a little silly. Just use a little common sense. I will get back to you.
Lynn Hunt

#52 User is offline   Lady Luck 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

View PostLady Luck, on May 7 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

Like half of my group is talking about bailing because we haven't even gotten confirmation on anything yet. We got the generic "hang in there" e-mail, but nothing regarding panel times or if anyone actually received our badge comp information. If they bail, I know the rest of us won't be able to afford to the con either and we're all pretty much SOL. The situation in my past experiences has never been the bad before, I know you guys are busy I wish there was more official communication on the matter. It's hard for me to keep saying "soon" for a month with no real updates beyond that and have it be believable, especially this close to the convention.

It's official, we've been bailed on. I guess I'll send an e-mail to the e-mails listed for general pp & the adh in regards. Is there anyone else I need to send notification to?

#53 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

well, hold on... if you sent your badge info and everything your group should be fine. There is no reason for them to be worried about not getting a badge. Tell them that. I am trying to get times out as quickly as humanly possible.
Lynn Hunt

#54 User is offline   Lady Luck 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 8 2008, 02:14 PM, said:

well, hold on... if you sent your badge info and everything your group should be fine. There is no reason for them to be worried about not getting a badge. Tell them that. I am trying to get times out as quickly as humanly possible.

Its not just about the badges, its other cost issues as well. For example, one of our couples plumbing is apparently screwed up to some weird degree and the plumbers have been there twice to work on it and still aren't done. We had other people bail out on us already, but we had enough to slide by and even cancelled one of our hotel nights. Its not about not doing panels or free badges and whatnot, its about not being able to go to the con at all.

#55 User is offline   islington 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1876

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on May 8 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

Ok heres hte deal im going to start mailing out stuff tonight, by tonight I mean after I finish turning in my final history paper and an oil painting. That way you panelists will have an idea of when your go time is. Illia been terribley swamped with certain last minute changes, and we are very sorry. Just hold tight till this evening an you should start seeing email pop into you inboxes. Yes it will probaly take me a while to get thorugh everyone as well because the schedule cannot be fully released so I cant just do a mass mailing. Thanks guys

I got the confirmation for the panel I am a part of. However, I also got a confirmation e-mail for somebody else's panel. I replied to the e-mail saying that it is not mine, but I figured I would post here as well. So...uh...yeah. Should I PM or e-mail anybody else about this?
Current Cosplay Plans
Emperor Peony IX (Tales of the Abyss)
Aoi (Flame of Recca)

#56 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

I got my panel info, thanks guys ^_^
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#57 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the confirmation on our panels, but the One Piece panel falls on the big group meetup at 2 pm. Is there any possible way to get it bumped to a little later in the afternoon/evening?

#58 User is offline   Zrana 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 355

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:42 PM

Thanks for all the hard work!

I don't know if my fellow panelist has said anything yet, so I'll say it here as well--we are not running 2 different FMA panels. I got a confirmation of the "Anything and Everything FMA" for friday night, and then another for an "FMA fan panel" earlier that same day. We're only doing the "anything and everything" one, not the other.

So there's either some other people running an FMA panel that things got mixed up for, or there's an extra hour suddenly free for something else! =D
2009 cosplay Guide:
Simon (kid) from Gurren Lagann
Larxene from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

#59 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

View PostRenegadePocky, on May 8 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

Thanks for the confirmation on our panels, but the One Piece panel falls on the big group meetup at 2 pm. Is there any possible way to get it bumped to a little later in the afternoon/evening?

This was one of the issues I noted when we (the Senior Panel Staff) checked to make sure everyone got the availability they requested. Since last minute panels were added and I think this was mentioned, but we had a sudden change in plans for timing on account of a guest, I have not received an up to date copy of the schedule. I will probably be speaking to Lynn about this tonight since we need to move another panel anyway, but if things are as crammed as the copy I saw, if you want another time it may be on sunday (I am very sure there should be time slots then). Please note this is NOT OFFICIAL, and I need to speak to Lynn personally.

If anyone needs to know about panel supplies, or have not yet received confirmation, let me know and I will do everything I can to help. Let's let Lynn finish her work (and not spam her phone, people!) so we can more accurately answer all of your questions :).

Thanks.

-Chris
(Panel staff, even though the forum doesn't denote it)
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

#60 User is offline   ピケギンゴ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3093

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostZrana, on May 9 2008, 12:42 AM, said:

Thanks for all the hard work!

I don't know if my fellow panelist has said anything yet, so I'll say it here as well--we are not running 2 different FMA panels. I got a confirmation of the "Anything and Everything FMA" for friday night, and then another for an "FMA fan panel" earlier that same day. We're only doing the "anything and everything" one, not the other.

So there's either some other people running an FMA panel that things got mixed up for, or there's an extra hour suddenly free for something else! =D

Zrana, Thanks for letting us know. When I received my rough draft of the schedule to edit, there was no description, contact information, etc. for the standardly named FMA fan panel. I will let Lynn know when I speak with her tonight. Perhaps when people were emailed their time slots, the person saw your panel. Hopefully we have these people's contact information.

To Whoever is running the panel, know that you are indeed penciled in.

Thanks.

-Chris
(Panel staff, even though the forum doesn't denote it)
-Chris
Panel Programming ADH

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users