Anime Central Forums: Disabilities And Medical Conditions - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Disabilities And Medical Conditions A PSA from the SNaC Dept.

#1 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Anime Central is pleased to officially announce the addition of the Special Needs and Compliance Department, here to make sure that nobody with a physical limitation has to miss any of the fun that the convention has to offer because of that limitation.

If you have a disability that affects your mobility, stop off at the Customer Service desk, or contact us directly, for information on measures we've taken to assure easier access for those who have need for it.

For people with any sort of situation that you would like to make Emergency Medical Services aware of should the need arise, we are offering our version of the Medic Alert bracelet. This one is in paper form, and once filled in, just slip it into the back side of your badge case. You can pick one up for free at either Customer Service desk.

Questions? Concerns? Complaints? Need to make special arrangements, such as a wheelchair rental? Bad experience at a previous con? It's easy to contact us. You can reach us through me here in the forums, either by replying to this thread or by PM, or you can email us at adacompliance AT acen DOT org. At con, we can be reached at the Customer Service desk at the Hyatt.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#2 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:54 AM

::glomps::

I LOVE YOU!!!

May take you up on a wheelchair rental. Has it been determined how much would it be?
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#3 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

Thank for the info...this is nice to know....
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#4 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Apr 21 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

::glomps::

I LOVE YOU!!!

May take you up on a wheelchair rental. Has it been determined how much would it be?

There's an office in the convention center that rents them. I've been told that they're $20 a day, but I've only seen manual chairs there, so that's probably what you'll get. If you'd like, I can get a form for you to pre-arrange it, let me know.

I'll also PM you with some additional information that you might be able to use.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users