• This topic is locked

Annual C^3 Summer Picnic Just a relaxing...you know...Picnic

#151 User is offline   mens_pocky06 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 8685

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Haku and I are sorry we couldn't make it...but we both had family shtuff to attend...so yeah...

See some of you next weekend though! ^_^
WOAH! New Forums!
@___@ <3

#152 User is offline   Renton 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10219

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

Ohh man had tons of fun sorry had to leave early but i hope i didnet miss a lot. GREAT MOMENTS GUYS/ and galls.
ACEN 09

"Who ever said that your First Love was Sweet as Well as
Sour was a Big Lair All it is Its Bitter...."
Renton

"Don't Ask for it go out and win it, Do that and you will succeed."
Adrock Thurston

"Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in you who believe in me.
Not in me who believe in you. You should believe in yourself!"
Kamina

#153 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

i wish i could have come!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#154 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

Sorry I missed the fun, I was running around trying to get stuff done and I just barely finished doing stuff in time to make it to my family party in time. Where we all proceeded to drink a hellova lot. It's just as well I didn't drive down early, I might have had to crash in their living room ;) And I didn't have nearly as much to drink as some of my relatives!

Oh well, I'm going to be at the SoyCon picnic so I'm sure I'll see y'all there! If not before! :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#155 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10568

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:31 AM

After ACen 2003 when C^3 just started, the gatherings we organized were meant as opportunities to hang out with the people we met at ACen. As time passed and ACen grew bigger and I started to manage the picnic, I wanted a slower, more casual, event to balance out the hectic schedule of ACen.

This year, at C^3's 5 year mark, I think the picnic was successful at both levels. I saw many of the people that were there from the beginning (Troppy, Steve, Berry, Jason, Stacy, Will to mention a few) and many new faces (Eureka and Shauntil come to mind). Plus there were many most excellent cosplays on display this year! And I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to have the picnic. Well, I guess I could have, but I greatly appreciated what we got.

For those founding members attending, I deeply apologize for not being able to talk with you more. I was trying to keep the picnic running smoothly and on track while also trying to be the event photographer. At least I got to have a photoshoot with Troppy and Stacy, and got to gawk at Jason's props (but he still wouldn't let me keep any of them).

(Sidenote, Congratulations to Stacy for playing a mean game of "Rock, Paper, Scissors.)

I'm currently reviewing, sorting, and deleting photos (1330 at last count), and will start posting them tomorrow. -With a few exception that need pre-approval from certain Badmiton players who wish to review the photos of themselves whacking a shuttlecock before I post them.)

Many thanks to those that helped me with the picnic, setting up and taking down the changing tent, grilling, clean-up, etc. I hope the picnic was a welcome escape to start the summer. (Or in Jason's case, escape from flooded highways.)

On a side note, have a couple of extra picnic awards I had made in case we ended up having a masquerade contest. But since that didn't happen I will send those out at my discresion similar to "Judge's Awards" to those who may not have received many votes or may not have fallen into any particular category, but deserve some recognition (IMHO).

I can do that. I'm the Supreme Chancellor of the C^3 Annual Picnic Awards.

#156 User is offline   princemercury1 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9047

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

OMGOD I had sooooooooo much fun! ...but that was suspected since I hang out with some crazy random peeps/cosplayers. xD

Highlights:

1. Random Battle!!
2. Talking to Nashanta about PR/Wizard World/ACEN
3. Kale sneaking behind his Doubleganger (sp?) aka Chaos ^^
4. Random Brawl near the bike path.
5. Meeting new people and that one girl that hasn't been to ACEN for awhile, but went the same year I did (ACEN 2000).
6. Being a villian for once. ^^
7. COOKING MAMA = <3
8. Random person flops in mud, dirtys himself, Jill cleaning him off with water gun. xD
9. Hamburglar is always amusing.
10. Car competion to see who has the best song to dance to. Also dancing in the middle of the street. xD
11. Then there was TGIFriday....oh dear...thats all I'm going to say...xD
12. Oh and this random fangirl that didn't make to ACEN and we saw her at TGIFriday and was like, "OMGOD!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!", then proceeds to hugs. ^^ She is defintely <3 for that.
13. Oh and me driving on the highway and in a different lane was the Aizen cosplayer.
Me: "Where the hell are we going? I hope we aren't going to Chicago!!"
Aizen: "This sucks!!!"
xD

Anyways my leg is drobbing like crazy and now its time to head off to work. ^^;;
What did you say?

*tableflip*

#157 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:46 AM

View Postprincemercury1, on Jun 15 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

OMGOD I had sooooooooo much fun! ...but that was suspected since I hang out with some crazy random peeps/cosplayers. xD

Highlights:

1. Random Battle!!
5. Meeting new people and that one girl that hasn't been to ACEN for awhile, but went the same year I did (ACEN 2000).
7. COOKING MAMA = <3
8. Random person flops in mud, dirtys himself, Jill cleaning him off with water gun. xD
10. Car competion to see who has the best song to dance to. Also dancing in the middle of the street. xD
12. Oh and this random fangirl that didn't make to ACEN and we saw her at TGIFriday and was like, "OMGOD!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!", then proceeds to hugs. ^^ She is defintely <3 for that.
13. Oh and me driving on the highway and in a different lane was the Aizen cosplayer.
xD

Anyways my leg is drobbing like crazy and now its time to head off to work. ^^;;

I don't see me splashing into that mud puddle SHIRTLESS WITH A FOOTBALL in that list... lol

BTW.. I'm currently working/uploading the videos as I'm typing this... while playing MGS4 .....F*** YEAH! So keep an eye out on my youtube account..
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#158 User is offline   princemercury1 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on Jun 15 2008, 02:46 PM, said:

I don't see me splashing into that mud puddle SHIRTLESS WITH A FOOTBALL in that list... lol

BTW.. I'm currently working/uploading the videos as I'm typing this... while playing MGS4 .....F*** YEAH! So keep an eye out on my youtube account..

Lol, I miss that because I think I was distracted xD

I uploaded the pictures from the picnic. REALLY BIG APOLOGY to people I didn't ask/take there pictures. I really wanted to take everyone's pictures, but I got really distracted a LOT!!

Picnic pics!!!!

Enjoy ^^
What did you say?

*tableflip*

#159 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

View Postprincemercury1, on Jun 15 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I finally have GOOD pictures of my Geno cosplay! I am uploading some to my cosplay.com as we speak. Thanks again.
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#160 User is offline   Nichoals/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14840

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

View Postprincemercury1, on Jun 15 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

Highlights:

1. Random Battle!!
7. COOKING MAMA = <3
xD

Ya know Chris i saw his comming and the sad this is u guyz jumped us lol well it was still fun.lol
Anime Central 2009 Cosplay ( I might b doing a skit if u want some 1 to help with or be in it a skit just ask me)
Fri: Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)-75 % done
Allen Walker ( Crowned Clown with black claw from D. Gray Man)- 100% done

Sat: Second Gear Luffy ( From One piece)- 50 % percent done
Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)-10 % done
Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)- 75% done

Sun :Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)- 10% done

Maybe If i find excact time of photoshoot : Brock ( pokemon season D&P) - 100% done

#161 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

Here's my (eeeeeerrrrrrr... I mean Soy's) highlight from Yesterday... LOL!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=p6kHyjhl3eo

#162 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

High five Ron, 6 points for the WIN
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#163 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

i had a lot of fun yesterday. that has to be the best picnic i've ever been to. thank you for hosting it rey.

Ron, you win for total epicness!
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#164 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

i have a camera phone photo of SoulCrash getting written on with markers :lol:
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#165 User is offline   Takato 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 771

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:39 AM

(<-Kyuubi cosplayer)

Posted my crappy Caramelldansen (sp?) short video... God it's embarrassing, and I don't even have the music to go with it. XD

As for the injuries... I'm not mad. It was just rather surprising to suddenly get injured. x.x0

I enjoyed the picnic, and for everyone who hopped my car to take a photo, here's a link to my DA so you can see it: http://thesnowdrifter.deviantart.com/art/C...c-Shot-88707465

If anyone wants the larger version just PM me...

....It was a good thing my group decided to bring more soda, because that stuff was so gone into almost immediately. XD Man oh man...
2014-Bijuu Cloak Kyuubi (2013 debut), Saber Lily (Fate/Extra), 50's Sailor Venus, Reshiram (gijinka Pokemon)
2013: Steampunk Sailor Mars, Kingdom Hearts related gijinka, Chakra Cloak Super Kyuubi (Naruto)
2012: Reshiram (Pokemon), Aqua (KH:BBS), Megurine Luka (dropped until ???), Kyuubi -2010 ver- (Naruto), Fem-Naruto
2011: Sheryl Nome- Green Blouse Version, Gajinka Happy (Fairy Tail), Red Kyuubi/Kushina Kyuubi (Naruto), Aqua- KH:BBS
Megurine Luka 2009 (Debuted in Masquerade and has been trashed)
Kyuubi -female kunoichi design- (Naruto) 2008-2010 with tweaks over the years.
Re-designed Maleficent 2007 & 2008. Secondary skirt debuted at Soycon 2010
Lacus Clyne [original appearance outfit] 2006 with Blue talking Haro. Re-debut in 2010

#166 User is offline   Nichoals/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

View PostTakato, on Jun 16 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

(<-Kyuubi cosplayer)

Posted my crappy Caramelldansen (sp?) short video... God it's embarrassing, and I don't even have the music to go with it. XD

As for the injuries... I'm not mad. It was just rather surprising to suddenly get injured. x.x0

I enjoyed the picnic, and for everyone who hopped my car to take a photo, here's a link to my DA so you can see it: http://thesnowdrifter.deviantart.com/art/C...c-Shot-88707465

If anyone wants the larger version just PM me...

....It was a good thing my group decided to bring more soda, because that stuff was so gone into almost immediately. XD Man oh man...

DID any 1 see another Black Sora (besides kale) if u did that was me ! if u wanna hang out some time pm on any of my sites and stuff.
Anime Central 2009 Cosplay ( I might b doing a skit if u want some 1 to help with or be in it a skit just ask me)
Fri: Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)-75 % done

Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)- 75% done

Maybe If i find excact time of photoshoot : Brock ( pokemon season D&P) - 100% done

#167 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:22 AM

View PostTakato, on Jun 16 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

It was so embarrassing that I appeared at the end saying... "NOBODY CARES!!!" LOL....

If you don't get the inside joke of the "nobody cares" joke, here's the video where it came from...
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=azSjw4rDGek
Watch the 10 second mark..

And as for the no tomatoes joke.... that's another story...

#168 User is offline   princemercury1 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

hahaha Soy! WTF!?
What did you say?

*tableflip*

#169 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostVoicesOfChaos, on Jun 14 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

Well we showed up really late (Like at least 2 hours late). Some of it was just really dumb driving on our parts and not paying attention to highway signs. But also I went to http://www.fpdcc.com/ to get the address and I found this at the bottom,
536 North Harlem Avenue, River Forest, IL 60305
So I mapped the trip to there which wasn't the right place. So please just next time have better directions, hopefully I won't be so stupid though.

Besides all that I had a really really fun time! I love meet-ups, it was great catching up with people from ACen. So I definetely go again next year and you should plan more events.

The best way to do it is to look at the streets surrounding the park area and get directions to that intersection. Make sure to print a copy of the map to take with you, and it shouldn't be hard to find once you get to the intersection.
If we get the same spot next year, just mapquest the directions to 31st Avenue and McCormick St in Brookfield, IL, and continue on past 31st until you see the Salt Creek Trail area. That's how I got there.

View PostSoy Sauce, on Jun 14 2008, 10:48 PM, said:

Man, the picnic was freaking awesome. I had a great time. Some great moments happened. Like SoulCrash's diving touchdown in the watery mud. XD

:lol: Quotable from the sidelines:

Millions_Knives: WTF?!? He's so gonna get malaria...
this_chick25: Mmm... parasites.

View PostNichoals/Chaos, on Jun 14 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

NVM that was u Ron sorry i didnt notice that much with the wig on lol Sry

=_=; That wasn't a wig...

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 16 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#170 User is offline   Nichoals/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Jun 16 2008, 09:36 AM, said:

The best way to do it is to look at the streets surrounding the park area and get directions to that intersection. Make sure to print a copy of the map to take with you, and it shouldn't be hard to find once you get to the intersection.
If we get the same spot next year, just mapquest the directions to 31st Avenue and McCormick St in Brookfield, IL, and continue on past 31st until you see the Salt Creek Trail area. That's how I got there.

:lol: Quotable from the sidelines:

Millions_Knives: WTF?!? He's so gonna get malaria...
this_chick25: Mmm... parasites.

=_=; That wasn't a wig...

If it wasnt a wig he musted had dyied his hair then.

#171 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10175

Post icon  Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

View PostNichoals/Chaos, on Jun 16 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

If it wasnt a wig he musted had dyied his hair then.

Yeah... He's had his hair died since before Ohayocon. Anywho! Sorry for the late post. I has been busy >.>... Okay, this years picnic was SO much fun! It was great seeing so many new and old faces. The RPG battle was just plain epic win, and a special thanks to everyone who came to Dani's "Welcome Home" party at TGI Friday's. God... that restaurant probably hates us now >.<;;;

#172 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thus far Ive managed to upload about 700 of the photos successfully. Thats the good news. There remains about 600 that get noisy or are resized unsatisfactorily when I post them to photobucket. Thats the bad news. Still there is a great sampling of what went on at the picnic.

Note that several people had access to my cameras so be sure to give appropriate kudos (or blame) to the proper operator of the lens. If youre not sure who took the photo, just ask me. Full sized versions of the photos are available upon request.

EX. Photo by R1kku on my D80 :
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=DSC_0011.jpg

EX. Photo by Usagi_Sern on my D80 :

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=b30a08e4.jpg

EX. Photo by SoulCrash on my D80 :

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=0c122f77.jpg

I plan on posting my pick of the pics on Cosplay.com and on my Flikr page. Till then, take all you want, but please, eat all that you take.
Here are a few random samples:

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=a4fa410c.jpg

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=e32c071c.jpg

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=2efae2d8.jpg

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=196ccafe.jpg

And of course watching Ron face plant into stagnant water :

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jge...nt=d96a211f.jpg

#173 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:12 PM

OoOoOo pics!!!!!

hey rey, where can i find the ones on cosplay.com and flikr?
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#174 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Jun 17 2008, 05:12 PM, said:

OoOoOo pics!!!!!

hey rey, where can i find the ones on cosplay.com and flikr?

I'm still working on it. But I'll let you know when they are up.

#175 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Great pictures Rey, I hope you don't mind but a took a couple.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#176 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:17 PM

I finally finish uploading my footage from Saturday.. Here's the playlist..
http://www.youtube.c...3CABC89BF3A1BC8

#177 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

Still uploading some of my favorites.

http://www.flickr.co...tos/y0sh1m1tsu/

Have about a dozen or more to go.

Will be resizing and putting them on cosplay.com.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/116307/

Still trying to figure out how to download 1300 photos without having to pay

OK. I've added theh VAST majority of the photos I took at the picnic by resizing them to about 640X480 pixels. There are some that didn't upload in the D501 folder, but most of them are there. There is data loss so they are not as crisp as the larger sizes. If you want a larger version of a photo, let me know and I'll try to get it to you.

Start here :

http://s282.photobuc...k250/C3Maestro/

This post has been edited by Y0sh1m1tsu: 20 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users