• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Phoenix Wright Cosplay Questions

#1 User is offline   ShiningKiki 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4622

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

I've decided to cosplay as a phoenix wright character [namely, the judge] and I was planning on making an objection-like sign, but it wouldn't say objection, it'd say
Spoiler
in the same style.
Would this be acceptable, and if so, what would be the size limit on the sign?
[I mean the dimensions on the Objection! part of the sign, not the length, that'll definitely be less than 4'.]

Also, I'll have a costume part that may be used as a prop, made out of a light flat material [sorta like cardboard, but I won't use cardboard unless necessary]
I'm making a version of the desk he sits at that'll be attached by suspenders [magically altered to blend in with my top from the front] and will encircle me in a cube.
For photos from a distance or other reasons, I can take it off and unfold it, revealing the whole desk, not just a bit of the front part.

I understand the 6" protruding rule, but just wondering if this would be acceptable or if I should just make it a collapsible prop and forget the barrel idea.
Basic idea
Though for photos, the back panel will be folded back and not be seen.

Thanks in advance!

#2 User is offline   Wedge 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3565

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

View PostShiningKiki, on Apr 15 2008, 02:48 AM, said:

I've decided to cosplay as a phoenix wright character [namely, the judge] and I was planning on making an objection-like sign, but it wouldn't say objection, it'd say
Spoiler
in the same style.
Would this be acceptable, and if so, what would be the size limit on the sign?
[I mean the dimensions on the Objection! part of the sign, not the length, that'll definitely be less than 4'.

I haven't played much Phoenix Wright but I don't recall having seen an image of the judge with an "OVERRULED" sign. If you can show me screen captures or artwork of the judge like that then I would allow that. Otherwise I am going to have to say no for this.

View PostShiningKiki, on Apr 15 2008, 02:48 AM, said:

Also, I'll have a costume part that may be used as a prop, made out of a light flat material [sorta like cardboard, but I won't use cardboard unless necessary]
I'm making a version of the desk he sits at that'll be attached by suspenders [magically altered to blend in with my top from the front] and will encircle me in a cube.
For photos from a distance or other reasons, I can take it off and unfold it, revealing the whole desk, not just a bit of the front part.

I understand the 6" protruding rule, but just wondering if this would be acceptable or if I should just make it a collapsible prop and forget the barrel idea.
Basic idea
Though for photos, the back panel will be folded back and not be seen.

As long as the desk is not more than six inches from your body when you are walking around you will have no problems. When you unfold the rest of the desk for photographs make sure you are not blocking a hallway or blocking the flow of traffic.
Wedge
SET Supervisor
Incident Response Team

Love us with obedience or we'll hate you with hammers.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

#3 User is offline   ShiningKiki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4622

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

True, the judge never gets to say "Overruled" in the same style, but I was thinking of it being mostly as a parody to Phoenix Wright Cosplayers and their objection signs, but if it's still a no go then I'll save the idea for another con.

I don't plan on unfolding it anywhere except outside or in large areas where there are lots of space, and so far the measurements have been under 6", so hopefully the desk will work out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users