• This topic is locked

Important Check In Stuffs special notes and times and stuffs

#1 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Post icon  Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Please remember that when checkin in you pick up your badges in the ARTSIST ALLEY not registration.
There will be an alley staffer during check in times at the irt blockade to let you through, they will have an artist list in hand which will be the determining factor for you to get past irt. Im going to try to do something to make it completely apparent who that person is other then they wont have an irt vest on. Ill announce that later when ive completely figured that aspect out. After you get past irt you need to check in at the main table which will be in hte front of the alley. Yes one person from your group may claim your studios badges and table. After you have checked in it is as your discretion whter you would like to start setting up your tables then or if you will do it when the hall is opened.
If you did not register for a badge for some reason you will have a wait at con to get a badge.

Day Artist Only Hours Open Hours
Thursday 6:00pm-9:00pm check in/set up n/a
Friday 7:00am-10:00am check in/set up 10:00am-7:00pm open
Saturday 9:00am-10:00am set up 10:00am-7:00pm open
Sunday 9:00am-10:00am set up 10:00am- 4:00pm open

*for those of you who pay attention to times yes we are open an hour later then the exhibitors! huzzah! :heart:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

apparently i cant just copy tables into forum boxes :unsure: that stinks

M.A.P.S. Director

#3 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Apr 7 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

Please remember that when checkin in you pick up your badges in the ARTSIST ALLEY not registration.
There will be an alley staffer during check in times at the irt blockade to let you through, they will have an artist list in hand which will be the determining factor for you to get past irt. Im going to try to do something to make it completely apparent who that person is other then they wont have an irt vest on. Ill announce that later when ive completely figured that aspect out. After you get past irt you need to check in at the main table which will be in hte front of the alley. Yes one person from your group may claim your studios badges and table. After you have checked in it is as your discretion whter you would like to start setting up your tables then or if you will do it when the hall is opened.
If you did not register for a badge for some reason you will have a wait at con to get a badge.

*for those of you who pay attention to times yes we are open an hour later then the exhibitors! huzzah! :heart:

Thanks for the info~!
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#4 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Apr 7 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

apparently i cant just copy tables into forum boxes :unsure: that stinks

Ooohooh question!

Ok, last year for take down for ACen they let me and my studio members drive into the exhibit hall just like the other actual vendors, and it was WONDERFUL! But for Thursday night setup, I wasn't sure if we were allowed to go right to the loading dock and drive right in to setup.

Now a friend of mine is in the Car Show this year, and we were thinking that I could just put most of my stuff in his car, drive it in, and then unload it into Artist Alley from there...does that sound like a good plan? If not, then do we know if/when we can drive into that area to unload our stuff?

Please let me know!
Lots of Smiles,
Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:13 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Apr 30 2008, 03:46 PM, said:

Ooohooh question!

Ok, last year for take down for ACen they let me and my studio members drive into the exhibit hall just like the other actual vendors, and it was WONDERFUL! But for Thursday night setup, I wasn't sure if we were allowed to go right to the loading dock and drive right in to setup.

Now a friend of mine is in the Car Show this year, and we were thinking that I could just put most of my stuff in his car, drive it in, and then unload it into Artist Alley from there...does that sound like a good plan? If not, then do we know if/when we can drive into that area to unload our stuff?

Please let me know!
Lots of Smiles,
Akane

To answer your question(s): Artists will still be able to drive into the Alley to pack-up yet they will need to talk with Jesica before they do so.
Sadly on Thursday night setup no Artists in the Alley will be able to drive into the convention center.
As for unloading out of a car that belongs to your friend in the car show it sounds ok with us, yet the car show is out of our jurisdiction. You would need to get it cleared with the department that handles it, I believe it is special events but I am not sure.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#6 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on May 1 2008, 12:13 AM, said:

To answer your question(s): Artists will still be able to drive into the Alley to pack-up yet they will need to talk with Jesica before they do so.
Sadly on Thursday night setup no Artists in the Alley will be able to drive into the convention center.
As for unloading out of a car that belongs to your friend in the car show it sounds ok with us, yet the car show is out of our jurisdiction. You would need to get it cleared with the department that handles it, I believe it is special events but I am not sure.

Yay! Thanks for the info.

But, if we can't unload at the dock on Thursday night, and in case I can't unload my stuff from my friend's car in the car show, where will we be able to unload and setup on Thursday night? As for me, I know I'm going to need somplace to park and get my stuff out, especially since I'm using the same two metal shelving units that I used last year for my space, and I know that there are other studios that use shelving of some kind to help in the display of their artwork (like plushies, pillows, jewelry, etc.).

I'm not trying to complain, but I've gotten yelled at by convention center security guards in the past (not ACen staff or IRT people, I mean actual hired security guards by the convention center) for unloading my stuff in the circle drive to get it into the convention center because they want to keep that circle clear due to security reasons. I can totally understand this and don't have a problem with it, but at the same time I really needed someplace to unload my stuff without anybody threatening to tow or ticket my car.

So, is there going to be a specific place where we can unload our display stuff and artwork without getting in the way of the security people for the convention center?

Please let me know!
Smiles,
Akane
Katsuyama Studios

#7 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:13 AM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Apr 30 2008, 09:22 PM, said:

Yay! Thanks for the info.

But, if we can't unload at the dock on Thursday night, and in case I can't unload my stuff from my friend's car in the car show, where will we be able to unload and setup on Thursday night? As for me, I know I'm going to need somplace to park and get my stuff out, especially since I'm using the same two metal shelving units that I used last year for my space, and I know that there are other studios that use shelving of some kind to help in the display of their artwork (like plushies, pillows, jewelry, etc.).

I'm not trying to complain, but I've gotten yelled at by convention center security guards in the past (not ACen staff or IRT people, I mean actual hired security guards by the convention center) for unloading my stuff in the circle drive to get it into the convention center because they want to keep that circle clear due to security reasons. I can totally understand this and don't have a problem with it, but at the same time I really needed someplace to unload my stuff without anybody threatening to tow or ticket my car.

So, is there going to be a specific place where we can unload our display stuff and artwork without getting in the way of the security people for the convention center?

Please let me know!
Smiles,
Akane
Katsuyama Studios

Yes there is a place you can unload, you just wont be able to drive in that late on a thursday as the exhibitors will have alreayd been setting up for almost a whole day and with the amount of things and people in the exhibit hall it would not be safe at all. I would suggest unloading at the side dock door to the exhibit hall The one where the exhibitors go in and out of. If you are going to do that I would suggext you get your badges first though. The rosemont people wont have any other means of identifying you and niether will the exhibit hall staff so you may get chased away. Either way come get your badge first then talk to me in the alley so I can give you the exact name of hte entrance and the procedure to go with it because I unfortunately cannot remeber what it is called :blush: .

Sent ot the emails today for reference. :lol: :heart:
Hey guys this will probably be one of the last update I will have time to do before the con starts and we all gather for ACEN. This is the end of my semester and being a fine arts student my final projects will be eating my life. That being said it may take a little longer to get my attention so I will endeavor to answer as many last minute questions with this email that I can think of.
Letís start with all things check in:
- Yes one person may check in for the whole group and procure the badges.
- If you did not have a studio members name to be by that deadline March 29th. There is a good chance that their badge wonít be printed at the time you pick up your tables info. I noted in that email that this would be the case, so if you didnít get it to me you will have to wait for the badge in the alley.
- When you come to check in you will have to pass regular registration. Donít stand in line for regular registration, if someone tells you to do so they are wrong. You must get your badges in the artist alley. There will be an alley staffer stationed at the irt blockade with a list of artists who can be let through to come to the alley. This staffer will be noticeably different then the irt men dressed in their giant black vests and such. Iím seriously considering tying a balloon to this staffer. ( you may laugh but itís on my to do list)
- After you get to the alley, get checked in, and get your materials you may choose to set up your table or just check it out. Some people like to get a jump on their layouts.
- Some of you opted to have your badge mailed to you which means you do not have an alley badge because alley badges are never mailed. This means you need to bring that badge with you to get your alley badge. To clarify that badge you were sent is not valid to sell in the alley it is a regular con badge you still need the alley badge.
Other Notes:
- We do have the Alley after Dark back again. This room will be available for whatever art jams you guys want to plan with each other after the alley closes. This room is not for selling of Art, it is a hangout for you to meet with other artists share some tips and techniques.
- There will be some limited at show Art Show flat rental. To do this you should report to the art show after you have checked in to see if any flats are available.
- You might want to peruse the Artist Alley FAQ to answer any other questions you may have you can find it both on the forums and on the webpage.
- Remember the forums are a really good way to get your questions answered sooner because my staff checks them mostly every day.
- If you are a panelist you pick up your badge in the alley regardless of what other people may be saying. The DH of that department and I have set it up to be this way. If you got your badge comped by panel programming they will be the one handling the refunds.

Thanks guys Iím looking forward to seeing you all at ACEN this year!

M.A.P.S. Director

#8 User is offline   Kold 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18243

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Apr 7 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

So I should arrive at acen at 10am if i'm just attending the event and i already have my badge?

#9 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

View PostKold, on May 8 2008, 05:05 PM, said:

So I should arrive at acen at 10am if i'm just attending the event and i already have my badge?

you dont need to if you are just attending the convention enjoy it at your own pace maybe catch opening ceremonies browse the alley and exhibit hall. Get your hands on a schedule and plan out your weekend

M.A.P.S. Director

#10 User is offline   Hannah 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9546

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Okay, quick question.

The person I had listed as my other studio member is no longer able to attend the convention. and my two friends that are coming with me now want to help me with my table, but I didn't know either of them would be coming with me when I registered my table, I didn't even know if they were for sure coming til recently. And since they aren't on the artist list thing I'm guessing I won't be able to get them past the IRT people when we come into the con.

So. Can I just get their information and money for their badges and come into the alley get them? And if so what all information from them do I need to get their badges?

thanks (:
~Hannah
Studio Night Flower
StudioNightFlower.deviantart.com - Get a preview of all the Hats, Bags, Plushies, and other accessories I'll be having available at Acen this year!! =D

You can also have the chance to win one of my hats if you go join this raffle! There's tons of art prizes as well. Info is here: http://checkered-fad...urnal/23669727/

#11 User is offline   HimuraKiyone 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3323

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

I have a studio member who just recieved his badge in the mail. It is a normal badge. I sent in the paperwork and I know for a fact that I did not ask for any badge to be mailed, as I don't trust getting the badges from ACEN that way and I know that we are supposed to pick them up in the alley. I want him to have a nice, printed,†_correct_ badge though. Is there a way that you can make sure he still has a badge to pick up right away on Friday morning? Thanks.
Be sure to visit my Artist Alley table- Rubber Punk Producktions!
www.rubberpunk.com
Add me on Playstation Network! UN: HimuraKiyone

#12 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

View PostHannah, on May 9 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

Okay, quick question.

The person I had listed as my other studio member is no longer able to attend the convention. and my two friends that are coming with me now want to help me with my table, but I didn't know either of them would be coming with me when I registered my table, I didn't even know if they were for sure coming til recently. And since they aren't on the artist list thing I'm guessing I won't be able to get them past the IRT people when we come into the con.

So. Can I just get their information and money for their badges and come into the alley get them? And if so what all information from them do I need to get their badges?

thanks (:
~Hannah
Studio Night Flower

I PMed you, check your messages. :)

View PostHimuraKiyone, on May 11 2008, 12:25 PM, said:

I have a studio member who just recieved his badge in the mail. It is a normal badge. I sent in the paperwork and I know for a fact that I did not ask for any badge to be mailed, as I don't trust getting the badges from ACEN that way and I know that we are supposed to pick them up in the alley. I want him to have a nice, printed,†_correct_ badge though. Is there a way that you can make sure he still has a badge to pick up right away on Friday morning? Thanks.

I PMed you, check your messages. :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users