• This topic is locked

Who's Excited!

#1 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Post icon  Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

39 days til ACEN whos excited!!! Its getting close to go time so I just thought it would be fun to see how everyones doing/ preparing. Also if any alley newbs want to ask some questions maybe the vets out there can give some sage advice! :lol:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

I can't wait!! Unfortunately, I'm not going to have as much new work as I'd like/had planned thanks to school and work. Not to mention most of my free time this month will be dedicated to packing since I'll be moving from my parents house to an apartment closer to my university on May 1st. But regardless, I'm excited and I can't wait!!

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII
Sunday: White Mage (Custom design) - Final Fantasy series

#3 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

I'm counting down the days on my gtalk just waiting, waiting, waiting!! I still have no ideas for a cosplay but hey, there's still time, right?
=P
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

I managed to expand my designs quite a bit from last year, and I'm really geeked to see how well they do. Plus the fun of running around and seeing all the cosplayers. I can't believe it's so close!
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   Hannah 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9546

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

I'm excited, however I'm behind on my work schedule by like a week. and I planned out the remaining weeks, and all of them were pretty full, so being behind is kinda bad. I'm trying to fix it this week as much as possible and then disperse the extra late stuff over the rest of the weeks left. even though I'm behind, scheduling out what needs to get done every week really helps me stay on track alot more then when I just wrote everything I had to do on a big piece of paper and I'd work and stuff, but always come up short of things because I didn't know how much work needed to get done each day or week to be able to finish it all.

I'm really excited about all the new products I'm introducing at Acen this year, and I'm pretty eager to find out which ones go over really well so I can make more of them for the rest of the cons this year.

seeya seeya,
Good luck everyone!!
~Hannah
Studio Night Flower
StudioNightFlower.deviantart.com - Get a preview of all the Hats, Bags, Plushies, and other accessories I'll be having available at Acen this year!! =D

You can also have the chance to win one of my hats if you go join this raffle! There's tons of art prizes as well. Info is here: http://checkered-fad...urnal/23669727/

#6 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

View PostHannah, on Apr 7 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

I'm excited, however I'm behind on my work schedule by like a week. and I planned out the remaining weeks, and all of them were pretty full, so being behind is kinda bad. I'm trying to fix it this week as much as possible and then disperse the extra late stuff over the rest of the weeks left. even though I'm behind, scheduling out what needs to get done every week really helps me stay on track alot more then when I just wrote everything I had to do on a big piece of paper and I'd work and stuff, but always come up short of things because I didn't know how much work needed to get done each day or week to be able to finish it all.

I'm really excited about all the new products I'm introducing at Acen this year, and I'm pretty eager to find out which ones go over really well so I can make more of them for the rest of the cons this year.

seeya seeya,
Good luck everyone!!
~Hannah
Studio Night Flower

I am the queen of lists i also have taken to writting everything i need to do on post it notes and putting them on my wall so when i finish something i ccan take it down. :blink:

M.A.P.S. Director

#7 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:23 AM

I have a nice long list of things I want to make/things I have planned, and materials for so much other stuff.... and I think I have only -maybe- 10% done of what I want >< I hit freakout mode like a week ago ^^* I have no idea how I'm going to get everything done... BUT I totally have new inspiration to get more paintings and things done (if I can get the money, maybe even actual prints) since there have been more guests announced, and some of them worked on old stuff (I'm doing a "Classic" collection of paintings, which includes characters from shows and such that are over 15 years old). ARGH I need to learn to manage my time better! ^^*
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#8 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:51 AM

I am like...running around in circles screaming "They'res not enough time! They'res not enough time!"

I still have a ton of things to do...including finishing my charity ball dress, 2 cosplays, my friend's 2 cosplays, and all of my artist table things. @_@ It would help if I was working a bit more, considering I really need to buy more supplies.

Oh, AND I have a panel to run, too.
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#9 User is offline   Genmaru 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16976

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

Well, I haven't had much time to work on my stuff for AA due to classes and work. I have an animation I'm working on for my graphic design class, papers in both 19th century art and world history classes, plus designing a conference program and posters for work =/

But as for AA stuff I have 3 different color images ready to sell prints of (2 fanart and 1 OC), with plans for at least 3 more color images and a few BW. I have started designing my signs, but that isn't my highest priority right now. Plus I still want to screenprint some more posters, but I don't know when I'm going to manage that. I still have to figure out how I'm paying for school in Spring/Summer/Fall so I can graduate in December -__-;

Hectic hectic hectic.
I'm a Graphic Designer / Artist
My Deviant Art account is at chadcarlson.deviantart.com

My website is at chadcarlson.net
I am selling art in the Artist Alley under the name Design Flat (dflat).
====================================
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Akagen ~ Wii Friend Code: Coming Soon
Pokemon Code: 1203-6843-6932 ~ Pokemon Name: Genmaru ~ SSBB Code: Coming Soon

#10 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

View PostGenmaru, on Apr 10 2008, 11:06 AM, said:

Well, I haven't had much time to work on my stuff for AA due to classes and work. I have an animation I'm working on for my graphic design class, papers in both 19th century art and world history classes, plus designing a conference program and posters for work =/

But as for AA stuff I have 3 different color images ready to sell prints of (2 fanart and 1 OC), with plans for at least 3 more color images and a few BW. I have started designing my signs, but that isn't my highest priority right now. Plus I still want to screenprint some more posters, but I don't know when I'm going to manage that. I still have to figure out how I'm paying for school in Spring/Summer/Fall so I can graduate in December -__-;

Hectic hectic hectic.

Im excited but its so close to the end of finals for me crazy :blush:
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#11 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostGenmaru, on Apr 10 2008, 11:06 AM, said:

Hectic hectic hectic.

That sounds so similar to my schedule. I've got a video for my video editing class, a game for my actionscript class, 4 papers for OLS and Science classes, and a bunch of little assignments in between of work, moving and ACen. I'm making prints of older stuff I haven't printed before, as well as OCs, just to have some 'fresh' material to sell. I make key chains too, and I had so many new ones I wanted to make but unfortunately I'll only have a handful of those done.

Good luck to you in your classes and getting ready for ACen! (This goes for everyone, too.) =)

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2015 Cosplay

Friday: Rin Tohsaka - Fate/Stay Night
Saturday: Rinoa - Final Fantasy VIII
Sunday: White Mage (Custom design) - Final Fantasy series

#12 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 8 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

I am like...running around in circles screaming "They'res not enough time! They'res not enough time!"

Haha - I'm RIGHT THERE WITH EVERYONE on this sentiment! I've been going nuts trying to get everything done. I've been so busy with work-related stuff, and then health issues in my family that I think I'm not going to be able to make the final push to get everything done until probably 2 days before Acen actually hits.... x_x

Then again...isn't staying up 'till 4am the few nights before (and during) the con part of the artist experience? Isn't it nights like that when people are thinking, "OMG NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!" that some of the best ideas hit?

That being said, personally, I'm totally stoked. I've got cool new pieces this year, and am (hopefully) going to put up a list with some pictures the week before the con.

Hey, just about all of us in AA have a DeviantArt page, right? We should make a club or group - something like Acen's AAs or something like that. Thoughts?
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#13 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Apr 12 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

Haha - I'm RIGHT THERE WITH EVERYONE on this sentiment! I've been going nuts trying to get everything done. I've been so busy with work-related stuff, and then health issues in my family that I think I'm not going to be able to make the final push to get everything done until probably 2 days before Acen actually hits.... x_x

Then again...isn't staying up 'till 4am the few nights before (and during) the con part of the artist experience? Isn't it nights like that when people are thinking, "OMG NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!" that some of the best ideas hit?

That being said, personally, I'm totally stoked. I've got cool new pieces this year, and am (hopefully) going to put up a list with some pictures the week before the con.

Hey, just about all of us in AA have a DeviantArt page, right? We should make a club or group - something like Acen's AAs or something like that. Thoughts?

thats an awesome idea I would make it if people wanted to join, or I can make a stamp that people can post in their journals

:heart: da addict :heart:

M.A.P.S. Director

#14 User is offline   Masamunestudios 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17196

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

Were excited but SO not ready.
Theres so much more to get ready and we are in the middle of moving and fixing up our new house but at least we will be moved into it fully on the 1st and have 15 full days to work on things. We have done AA stuff in a shorter time so we should be okay lol. We just need a TON of energy drinks..
Our cosplays have had to be cut though which is sad.
Masamune Studios Is made up of Anime_Amy and Dauntedx.
I make Custom My Little Ponies... Check them out :)
http://animeamy.deviantart.com/

#15 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Apr 12 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

thats an awesome idea I would make it if people wanted to join, or I can make a stamp that people can post in their journals

:heart: da addict :heart:

I would totally be into that **nodnod** ^^
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#16 User is offline   Plaguedog 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8033

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Lol I only have 4 free days to prepare for acen this year T_T stupid school
~~~~
Artist Alley Staff 2007

No.. Plaguedog doesn't have cooties. <3
~~~~

#17 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:41 PM

View PostLezzy-cat, on Apr 14 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

I would totally be into that **nodnod** ^^

Yeah! I'm up for it! That would be great!
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#18 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:30 PM

I'm starting to get really excited...even though my sewing machine broke and now I have no way of finishing my cosplays. ;_; But anyways...are our badges as cool and spiffy as the regular badges?

#19 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 17 2008, 05:30 PM, said:

I'm starting to get really excited...even though my sewing machine broke and now I have no way of finishing my cosplays. ;_; But anyways...are our badges as cool and spiffy as the regular badges?

They arent see through like the mailed ones but I think they are pretty awesome this year! I really like the style they were done in and the color of our badges *squee* can you guess why lol :heart:

M.A.P.S. Director

#20 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on Apr 18 2008, 02:59 AM, said:

They arent see through like the mailed ones but I think they are pretty awesome this year! I really like the style they were done in and the color of our badges *squee* can you guess why lol :heart:

WAIT!!! ARE THEY PURPLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 18 2008, 09:01 AM, said:

WAIT!!! ARE THEY PURPLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...............yes...........lol :lol:

M.A.P.S. Director

#22 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

YUSSS!!! I LOVE PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

I just wanted to revive this thread so I could share how freaking excited I am! Only 3 more days now! We got our cookbooks back from the printer today and my studio-mate assures they look fantastic, so now we're just finishing up a few new prints and buttons for the table. I can't wait to spend some time in the Alley! :heart:
CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#24 User is offline   Worldlygate 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5907

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

omgg cant wait!!!!!!!!
XD
I'm so exciteddd =DDD Just two more days@!
DeviantART

Cosplaying as...

Haruhi Suzumiya~

#25 User is offline   poorlyexecuted 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18316

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

More like who's stressed out!
Final exams + making costumes for myself and some lazy friends + artist table + Organizing large group= DEATH.
I'm still super excited though, hopefully my throbbing headache will go away once I drive 2 1/2 hours in a loud car full of people to the Hyatt. :D

#26 User is offline   sweetplushiecak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8105

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

I'm totally excited! I managed to fit 5 extra plushes into my schedule for my table and can't wait to get there and meet all of ya!

#27 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

View Postpoorlyexecuted, on May 13 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

More like who's stressed out!
Final exams + making costumes for myself and some lazy friends + artist table + Organizing large group= DEATH.
I'm still super excited though, hopefully my throbbing headache will go away once I drive 2 1/2 hours in a loud car full of people to the Hyatt. :D

I'm so in the same boat, minus the long drive... *sigh* I don't like time crunches and I certainly don't appreciate the conflicting schedule of school with ACen.
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users