Rossiu For '08!

#1 User is offline   DesertLily 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7171

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

Okay, I've got a question about signs.

I noticed that all signs, except for those that enhance a costume, are banned. My friend is cosplaying as Rossiu from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and we thought it would be hilarious if he had a campaign sign that said "Rossiu/Gimbley For President" and on the other side, said "Rossiu is RIGHT!" Anyone that has seen the show knows why this is so freaking funny, as Rossiu acts like a complete power hungry jerk at one point.

So would that be one of the proper exceptions to the rule? I think it would be really funny, especially with it being an election year.

#2 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

The exceptions are more for characters who traditionally carry specific signs (for instance, Genma from Ranma 1/2 in his panda form uses signs to talk). There was another thread asking about a Star Trek character carrying a sign asking for directions to the sci-fi convention, and IRT gave the thumbs-down to that idea - this one, while funny (er, I'll take your word on the funny, since I haven't seen TTGL yet XD) would fall into the same category.

#3 User is offline   DesertLily 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7171

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

Aw, damn. I thought so.

Thank you, though.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic