Anime Central Forums: Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like AUDITION DEADLINE IS MARCH 30, 2008 NO EXCEPTIONS!

#91 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14886

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Wait, are you serious?! You can't edit out vocals?! >.< I didn't know that! I can't find a karaoke track of Hitomi's 'Japanese Girl' and I really, really wanted to do it! Does anyone know if one exists? Now I'm totally bummed!

By the way, do we give you our CD's right away or before each performance? Or do we e-mail you our songs, or like, just how is this being done? XD
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD
Brawl me: 4940-5123-1444 Tourney standard rules or just casual chillaxing: I'm game. Just send me a PM if you add me so I can add you back and we can do eet. :)

Goddess Palutena, Vaporeon, and Sailor Mars at ACen 2008!
Come watch me in ACen Idol!

#92 User is offline   Wing Godess 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 98

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

How do we know if you got our audition?......I always get really nervous about things like this......
Rocking A-cen since 2000 so maybe I should actually cosplay for '09...
I am the 2008 A-cen Idol <3

#93 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostDeadly Beauty, on Mar 27 2008, 02:23 AM, said:

Wait, are you serious?! You can't edit out vocals?! >.< I didn't know that! I can't find a karaoke track of Hitomi's 'Japanese Girl' and I really, really wanted to do it! Does anyone know if one exists? Now I'm totally bummed!

By the way, do we give you our CD's right away or before each performance? Or do we e-mail you our songs, or like, just how is this being done? XD

Unless you can send me an ALMOST flawless version of Hitomi's "Japanese Girl" then... yes I am very serious -.-. Usually it sounds okay on your computer but when you hear it on the super massive speakers at con it sounds really icky :\

The performers will be notified along with a looooong message of instructions including what they need to send us/bring. Don't worry about that just yet :3

View PostWing Godess, on Mar 27 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

How do we know if you got our audition?......I always get really nervous about things like this......

Lol, I suppose I should send back a response... that is what I shall do :)
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#94 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:40 PM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 26 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Unless you can send me an ALMOST flawless version of Hitomi's "Japanese Girl" then... yes I am very serious -.-. Usually it sounds okay on your computer but when you hear it on the super massive speakers at con it sounds really icky :\

The performers will be notified along with a looooong message of instructions including what they need to send us/bring. Don't worry about that just yet :3

Lol, I suppose I should send back a response... that is what I shall do :)

Okay, I'll try my hardest to find one. Thanks for answering our questions. :)
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD
Brawl me: 4940-5123-1444 Tourney standard rules or just casual chillaxing: I'm game. Just send me a PM if you add me so I can add you back and we can do eet. :)

#95 User is offline   littlemisszombie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17039

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

View PostKomurin II, on Mar 24 2008, 06:50 PM, said:

I have a really amazing, professionally trained friend I envy to no end. She's in my skit group. I think she has tenfold of a chance getting into that third round than me. I was asking for her, and I was asking for myself in the event of a freak accident and I was asking on the behalf of everyone else here who that conflict might come up for.

Aww, shucks, Tsuki. T~T

#96 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thank you very much for the upkeep here Yvonne. I appreciate the offer too! I was just about done typing an e-mail to you and then I realized I just won't be ready, there's too much I want to do and I haven't listened to the music as much as I used to so I fell out of the lyrics, definitely next year though :) You'll be in charge again I hope?
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#97 User is offline   Miri 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6175

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

View PostSean Chen, on Mar 26 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

I laughed when I read this. I can still remember "1000 Words" ringing out amidst a sea of swaying LCD screens.

Lol, well thanks. That was awesome. XP

I don't think I record well. Or I just don't have that great of equipment for it. :P

And I got your reply Von, thank you!

View PostSean Chen, on Mar 10 2008, 04:58 AM, said:

Just thinking, I really loved the original judging panel of the first Acen Idol, so I hope that this year guest judges are deemphasized. Maybe have two main judges and one guest judge? It was a cool idea, but the three ladies from last year, although very nice and knowledgable, were somewhat bland and all of the same mindset usually.

Agreed. I was an awful judge. XD
I loved the set up from the first year. It would rock so hard if that could happen again. :D

#98 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

I CAN'T FIND MY MICROPHONE!
I've never used it and... it is nowhere to be found.

And alas, my dreams have been shot down. :(
I'll try to keep looking for it but... [heavy sigh]
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#99 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 28 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

I CAN'T FIND MY MICROPHONE!
I've never used it and... it is nowhere to be found.

And alas, my dreams have been shot down. :(
I'll try to keep looking for it but... [heavy sigh]

what someone decided to do was to film themselves singing if you have a digital camera or something you can always send us the video and we'll rip the sound recording from it. that's just an idea if you really are stuck >.<

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong

#100 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I sent my audition in, today, on friday as promised. XD I hope you got it, Voni! *whew*
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD

#101 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:34 PM

My friend wants to know if you're supposed to send all three songs at once... Actually, since he brought it up, I wonder, too, because a contestant from last year said that that's what they had to do.
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD

#102 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

View PostDeadly Beauty, on Mar 29 2008, 01:34 AM, said:

My friend wants to know if you're supposed to send all three songs at once... Actually, since he brought it up, I wonder, too, because a contestant from last year said that that's what they had to do.

when you get in i'll send a bunch of instructions but yes one of the things that you needed was to have your songs chosen just so we didn't have to deal with the annoyance of changing CDs in every round. there is not really a set day when i have to get your list of songs by as long as it is before con. Hope that helps!

I believe i got your audition but I can't really listen to it on my laptop so I'll have to wait until I get home :D

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong

#103 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 28 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

when you get in i'll send a bunch of instructions but yes one of the things that you needed was to have your songs chosen just so we didn't have to deal with the annoyance of changing CDs in every round. there is not really a set day when i have to get your list of songs by as long as it is before con. Hope that helps!

I believe i got your audition but I can't really listen to it on my laptop so I'll have to wait until I get home :D

Yeah; I'm Faye. Sorry it's kind of quiet. I should have amplified it or something before sending it. Did you want me to upload the song somewhere, too, so it has a link? I wasn't sure if that was a requirement. I'll do it anyways and e-mail you again just to be safe. XD

Haha, expect like 3 (maybe 4!) auditions this weekend. My friends and sister are entering last minute. XD Two of them are actually already done recording. I feel lame or something, because I'm the only one out of my friends that took the survey a bit more seriously. They all had 1-3 word answers. I hope I'm not the only one that wrote a few sentences. Lmao! ._.;
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD

#104 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 28 2008, 06:25 PM, said:

what someone decided to do was to film themselves singing if you have a digital camera or something you can always send us the video and we'll rip the sound recording from it. that's just an idea if you really are stuck >.<

hmmm... I dunno... I think I'm doomed.
Cuz I don't have my own camera... and my friend who has a really sweet one doesn't have the cord for the comp methinks.

Oh snapz! My little brother just squished his tiny body behind the computers and found the microphone! [it's small and crappy so it got lost back there... >>] YaY! Now all I have to do is find some time to record [was hoping to do it during the week with less people around but... yeah....]

EDIT: so after ages of trying to get things to work... my crappy computers have both failed me in various ways. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow... >>

#105 User is offline   Celeste_Orchid 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 16979

Post icon  Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

I've recorded so where can I upload my song?
If God and I got into an arguement, we'd both end up laughing...HULK SMASH BLUR BLUR BLUR!!!

#106 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

View PostDeadly Beauty, on Mar 29 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

Yeah; I'm Faye. Sorry it's kind of quiet. I should have amplified it or something before sending it. Did you want me to upload the song somewhere, too, so it has a link? I wasn't sure if that was a requirement. I'll do it anyways and e-mail you again just to be safe. XD

Haha, expect like 3 (maybe 4!) auditions this weekend. My friends and sister are entering last minute. XD Two of them are actually already done recording. I feel lame or something, because I'm the only one out of my friends that took the survey a bit more seriously. They all had 1-3 word answers. I hope I'm not the only one that wrote a few sentences. Lmao! ._.;

i'll email you about it, so far everything seems good.

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 29 2008, 05:10 PM, said:

hmmm... I dunno... I think I'm doomed.
Cuz I don't have my own camera... and my friend who has a really sweet one doesn't have the cord for the comp methinks.

Oh snapz! My little brother just squished his tiny body behind the computers and found the microphone! [it's small and crappy so it got lost back there... >>] YaY! Now all I have to do is find some time to record [was hoping to do it during the week with less people around but... yeah....]

EDIT: so after ages of trying to get things to work... my crappy computers have both failed me in various ways. Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow... >>

I wish you the best.

View PostCeleste_Orchid, on Mar 29 2008, 10:45 PM, said:

I've recorded so where can I upload my song?

If you can send it through your email provider that'd be best however you can upload to megauload or yousendit as well.

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong

#107 User is offline   bexxie 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 417

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Heyyy, when will you actually be posting the songs? *hopes for Monday* Just curious...and did you get mine? :0
Hey.

#108 User is offline   lauralyn 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16939

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:00 AM

I sent my audition in on Friday and I just wanted to make sure you got it. I'm Lauralyn.
Thanks!
Do you believe in something beautiful? Then get up and be it.

Portfolio | Etsy | Myspace | LOOKBOOK.nu | Kawaii Nails | My Mixi

#109 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 29 2008, 11:03 PM, said:

I wish you the best.

Thanks... I'm thinking of fighting with these comps again in a bit...

#110 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

View Postbeckiebootwo, on Mar 30 2008, 04:38 AM, said:

Heyyy, when will you actually be posting the songs? *hopes for Monday* Just curious...and did you get mine? :0

did you send it to acenidol@gmail.com? i sent a reply back to all the auditions i have received and i don't think i've gotten yours yet..
either monday or tuesday depending on how many auditions we receive in total :)

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 30 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

Thanks... I'm thinking of fighting with these comps again in a bit...

are you having problems recording or something?

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong

#111 User is offline   Celeste_Orchid 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 16979

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

I just sent my audition, I hope you receive it in A+ condition. If theres a problem let me know I sent it to this address: acenidol@gmail.com
If God and I got into an arguement, we'd both end up laughing...HULK SMASH BLUR BLUR BLUR!!!

#112 User is offline   bexxie 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 30 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

did you send it to acenidol@gmail.com? i sent a reply back to all the auditions i have received and i don't think i've gotten yours yet..
either monday or tuesday depending on how many auditions we receive in total :)

Hm...I did (maybe the attachment was too big), but I just resent it (I uploaded the file to my webspace). ;D
Hey.

#113 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 30 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

are you having problems recording or something?

Finally got everything up and running but for some reason it won't let me save it as an mp3...

I finally figured everything out! YaY! My audition is quite terrible since I did it at the last second but... I suppose I should send it in since I went through alll this trouble... heh...

Also, the ending of my song is really awkward cuz the cut was cut abruptly, sorry... >>

#114 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

View Postbeckiebootwo, on Mar 30 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

Hm...I did (maybe the attachment was too big), but I just resent it (I uploaded the file to my webspace). ;D

r u susie? cause you're beckie... i'm confuseddddd

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 31 2008, 02:13 AM, said:

Finally got everything up and running but for some reason it won't let me save it as an mp3...

I finally figured everything out! YaY! My audition is quite terrible since I did it at the last second but... I suppose I should send it in since I went through alll this trouble... heh...

Also, the ending of my song is really awkward cuz the cut was cut abruptly, sorry... >>

have you sent it? cause i dont know if i've gotten it... lol

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong

#115 User is offline   bexxie 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 30 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

r u susie? cause you're beckie... i'm confuseddddd

Huhhhh? ;__; I'm Beckie! :o I've sent it twice, from beckiebootwo@yahoo.com to acenidol@gmail.com...I'm confused too.
Hey.

#116 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

Unfortunately for me, I won't be participating in this year's idol. Though, I may be in the audience recording your performances and cheering you all on. Good luck with the auditions everyone.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#117 User is offline   killercherrypie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11459

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Mar 31 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Unfortunately for me, I won't be participating in this year's idol. Though, I may be in the audience recording your performances and cheering you all on. Good luck with the auditions everyone.

Aww. I was looking forward to seeing you sing again :-/

#118 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Mar 31 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Well... that's still fun. And since my audition is terrible... I'll join you in the audience.

#119 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

... I have a feeling I'm going to have the longest, most retarded survey. I know I should be worrying about other things, but I can't help but think about that, Lmao. XD

One of my friends was practicing all night to get a song done, but then didn't get the mic working until like 11:30 and he gave up. D'aw. :/
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD

#120 User is offline   jae-c 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17673

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

View PostDeadly Beauty, on Mar 31 2008, 12:47 PM, said:

... I have a feeling I'm going to have the longest, most retarded survey. I know I should be worrying about other things, but I can't help but think about that, Lmao. XD

One of my friends was practicing all night to get a song done, but then didn't get the mic working until like 11:30 and he gave up. D'aw. :/

lol.. hi faye. your survey was fine.. remember mine? mines the retarded one.
for what i sound like.. i put..

"sounds like angry bears on a lovely saturday morning picnic."

what the eff! hahha

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users