Anime Central Forums: Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 11 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like AUDITION DEADLINE IS MARCH 30, 2008 NO EXCEPTIONS!

#31 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

I was wondering, can we use the same song for the first round and the last one?
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#32 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

View PostKasemei, on Mar 13 2008, 02:32 AM, said:

I was wondering, can we use the same song for the first round and the last one?


no, just because last year contenders were not allowed to do that and we want to see you show off your vocal abilities :D
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#33 User is offline   Rika-Chan 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2337
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 17-May 04
  • Location:Berwyn

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

I've made some TV sized karaokes for anime themes over time. Figured I'd share them if people need them :)

Bouken Desho Desho (TV size) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hare hare Yukai (TV size) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Cheer ~Makkana Kimochi~ (TV size) from REC
Re:member (TV size) from Naruto
Rolling Star (TV size) from Bleach (miiight want to check if this one is acceptable or not. I had to do a LOT of work on this one to even make it sound anything similar to the original TV karaoke)
Sakura kiss (TV size) from Ouran Host Club
Tsuki no CURSE (TV size) from LOVELESS
Naraku no Hana (TV size) from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Romantic Summer (TV size) from Seto no Hanayome
Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line (TV size) from Chrono Crusade


I like doing this sort of stuff, so if anyone has any requests, send them my way. That is, if Voni (or whoever does the cutting) doesn't mind not having as much work to do XD;

#34 User is offline   Miri 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6175
  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: 05-February 06

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:43 AM

Herro. :D

Quick question- my boyfriend cut a song for me, but its 2:16. Is that still too long? :/

#35 User is offline   Sean Chen 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9195
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 02-February 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

View PostMiri, on Mar 13 2008, 07:43 AM, said:

Herro. :D

Quick question- my boyfriend cut a song for me, but its 2:16. Is that still too long? :/


Sweet, you're back too. It'll be like old times, lol.

#36 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

Mkay. Thanks. XD I'm just in a bad predictament right now. I'm trying to find something to sing, and low and behold, I get sick and lose my voice. >.< The only song I can sing right now is the one I wanted to sing that for finals if I made it that far.
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#37 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725
  • Posts: 1,449
  • Joined: 17-May 05
  • Location:Oak Lawn, IL

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

I'm surprised the past Idol winners and finalists are coming back to compete. I may get in on this now.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#38 User is offline   Sean Chen 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9195
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 02-February 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Mar 13 2008, 06:56 PM, said:

I'm surprised the past Idol winners and finalists are coming back to compete. I may get in on this now.


Bahahah yes, everyone will be back! It'll be like an awesome reunion.

#39 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

View PostRika-Chan, on Mar 13 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

I've made some TV sized karaokes for anime themes over time. Figured I'd share them if people need them :)

Bouken Desho Desho (TV size) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hare hare Yukai (TV size) from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Cheer ~Makkana Kimochi~ (TV size) from REC
Re:member (TV size) from Naruto
Rolling Star (TV size) from Bleach (miiight want to check if this one is acceptable or not. I had to do a LOT of work on this one to even make it sound anything similar to the original TV karaoke)
Sakura kiss (TV size) from Ouran Host Club
Tsuki no CURSE (TV size) from LOVELESS
Naraku no Hana (TV size) from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Romantic Summer (TV size) from Seto no Hanayome
Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line (TV size) from Chrono Crusade


I like doing this sort of stuff, so if anyone has any requests, send them my way. That is, if Voni (or whoever does the cutting) doesn't mind not having as much work to do XD;


:D my only request is that you include the lyrics cause sometimes they're different from the full version ya know? i'm probably going to check your songs before i stick them on the first thread if you don't mind. danke!


View PostMiri, on Mar 13 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

Herro. :D

Quick question- my boyfriend cut a song for me, but its 2:16. Is that still too long? :/


its fantastic.


View PostSean Chen, on Mar 14 2008, 12:27 AM, said:

Bahahah yes, everyone will be back! It'll be like an awesome reunion.


yay!
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#40 User is offline   fallenstar 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 15068
  • Posts: 84
  • Joined: 24-October 07
  • Location:Wouldn't you like to know....CALIFORNIA.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

I have a question.
I was wondering for the first round, Will we be able to sing a song that is a Japanese movie. Say Endless story from NANA? for the first round?

-Anime Central 07'--Anime Central 08'-
-Anime Expo 08'--Anime Los Angeles 09'-
-Anime Central 09'-Anime Central 10'
-Anime Expo 10'-
Facebook
add if you like ;D I don't bite

#41 User is offline   littlemisszombie 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17039
  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: 30-January 08
  • Location:Cleveland, OH

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

I have a set of two inane questions for you.

1) Assuming my audition is approved, will I be performing the same song for round 1 or something different?

2) I have recorded and cut my audition track, however the background instrumentals are very loud and overlap my voice slightly in several parts. I still feel that my voice can be heard well enough to be judged, but still I'm concerned that the quality of the track will affect the judges' consideration of my audition. I guess what I'm asking is whether track quality will be a factor in judging for auditions.

Thanks in advance~

#42 User is offline   Spydie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073
  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 19-March 05
  • Location:lockport

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

View Postlittlemisszombie, on Mar 16 2008, 02:36 AM, said:

I have a set of two inane questions for you.

1) Assuming my audition is approved, will I be performing the same song for round 1 or something different?

2) I have recorded and cut my audition track, however the background instrumentals are very loud and overlap my voice slightly in several parts. I still feel that my voice can be heard well enough to be judged, but still I'm concerned that the quality of the track will affect the judges' consideration of my audition. I guess what I'm asking is whether track quality will be a factor in judging for auditions.

Thanks in advance~


I would suggest using a program that controls the volume of your voice and backing track, such as Audacity.
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#43 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878
  • Posts: 1,879
  • Joined: 04-May 07
  • Location:Peoria, IL

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:36 PM

I had my songs planned but there isn't a karaoke track of the first song I wanted to do! [at least not from what I've seen... ><]
GAH!
I suppose I'll be off to figure out a new song...

And I need to find a good way to recored cuz I doubt my recording stuff is good enough...
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#44 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

View Postfallenstar, on Mar 15 2008, 05:43 AM, said:

I have a question.
I was wondering for the first round, Will we be able to sing a song that is a Japanese movie. Say Endless story from NANA? for the first round?


yes, please email us with the song name of whatever you end up choosing and we'll cut it for you.

View Postlittlemisszombie, on Mar 16 2008, 02:36 AM, said:

I have a set of two inane questions for you.

1) Assuming my audition is approved, will I be performing the same song for round 1 or something different?

2) I have recorded and cut my audition track, however the background instrumentals are very loud and overlap my voice slightly in several parts. I still feel that my voice can be heard well enough to be judged, but still I'm concerned that the quality of the track will affect the judges' consideration of my audition. I guess what I'm asking is whether track quality will be a factor in judging for auditions.

Thanks in advance~


1. you will be singing the same song. 2. email me at acenidol@gmail.com and i'll send you more info on recording stuff :)

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 16 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

I had my songs planned but there isn't a karaoke track of the first song I wanted to do! [at least not from what I've seen... ><]
GAH!
I suppose I'll be off to figure out a new song...

And I need to find a good way to recored cuz I doubt my recording stuff is good enough...


email me at acenidol@gmail.com and i'll send you more info on recording stuff :)
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#45 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878
  • Posts: 1,879
  • Joined: 04-May 07
  • Location:Peoria, IL

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 16 2008, 10:05 AM, said:

email me at acenidol@gmail.com and i'll send you more info on recording stuff :)

Will do!
And I think I've found the song I'll do to start off so... I'll have to look more into it to see if I need cutting and all that.

Though I was gonna ask... can you guys give me some sites where I might be able to find more stuff????
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#46 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 17 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

Will do!
And I think I've found the song I'll do to start off so... I'll have to look more into it to see if I need cutting and all that.

Though I was gonna ask... can you guys give me some sites where I might be able to find more stuff????


specify "more stuff"? i'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask -.-
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#47 User is offline   LilacChrome 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10655
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 27-April 07

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

When will you be posting the auditions? :3

#48 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostLilacChrome, on Mar 17 2008, 06:58 PM, said:

When will you be posting the auditions? :3


after march 30th (you'll understand why later)
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#49 User is offline   Spydie 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073
  • Posts: 361
  • Joined: 19-March 05
  • Location:lockport

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:10 AM

Out of curiosity, how many auditions have you recieved so far?
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#50 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

View PostSpydie, on Mar 18 2008, 01:10 PM, said:

Out of curiosity, how many auditions have you recieved so far?


tis a secret :D
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#51 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878
  • Posts: 1,879
  • Joined: 04-May 07
  • Location:Peoria, IL

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:52 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 17 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

specify "more stuff"? i'm not exactly sure what you're trying to ask -.-

Oh... that's a good point... >>
I meant more music of the Asian type. Because I use 2 sites and they don't have as much stuff as I would like them too.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#52 User is offline   bexxie 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 417
  • Posts: 100
  • Joined: 15-May 03
  • Location:Chi burbs

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

I have no idea if this is the right place put this, but I had an idea for the voting system. I don't know what you guys had in mind, but I was thinking it would be a good idea if the audience rated everyone on a scale of, like, 1 to 10, and when adding everyone up, drop the highest and lowest scores (I know there's a fancy name for that, but I forget), or average them out. And they have to give a score to everyone. I figure that would help get rid of the bias, sexy contest problem that there was last year. I dunno, just a suggestion. :3

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 18 2008, 11:52 AM, said:

Oh... that's a good point... >>
I meant more music of the Asian type. Because I use 2 sites and they don't have as much stuff as I would like them too.

I don't know the sites you're using, but there's http://gendou.com (just search for "karaoke") and http://animekaraokes.com .
Hey.

#53 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878
  • Posts: 1,879
  • Joined: 04-May 07
  • Location:Peoria, IL

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

View Postbeckiebootwo, on Mar 18 2008, 12:42 PM, said:

I don't know the sites you're using, but there's http://gendou.com (just search for "karaoke") and http://animekaraokes.com .

Oh yay! A new site! Thankies!

I searched karaoke on gendou yesterday and looked through about 1/4 of the results before getting bored... ^^;;;
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#54 User is offline   Deadly Beauty 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14886
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 17-October 07

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

I'm not quite clear on this, I'm sorry. Are we actually performing the Audition song for Round 1 or is it just voted upon online when you post the links to everyone's auditions?

Edit: Nevermind. I think I understand now. Haha.
Faye Mata/Princess Aura
Team Donut's 'GLAZED' XD
Brawl me: 4940-5123-1444 Tourney standard rules or just casual chillaxing: I'm game. Just send me a PM if you add me so I can add you back and we can do eet. :)

Goddess Palutena, Vaporeon, and Sailor Mars at ACen 2008!
Come watch me in ACen Idol!

#55 User is offline   usagi chiba 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10604
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 24-April 07

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

i wonder....when it IS the perforamance day? like , is it on all 3 days or is it on only 1 day like a saturday??? that's been on my mind for a while... and wht do u recommend for karoke to sing? thx in advance~!!!
Acen 2010
Okita Souji Western clothing Demon Form (Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan)
Takasugi Shinsuke in Red Kimono or Okita Sougo in School uniform (Gintama)


Possible show ups
Orihara Izaya (Durarara)
Kanda Yuu (D. Gray Man)

#56 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 09-April 06
  • Location:NYC

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

View PostDeadly Beauty, on Mar 24 2008, 02:26 AM, said:

I'm not quite clear on this, I'm sorry. Are we actually performing the Audition song for Round 1 or is it just voted upon online when you post the links to everyone's auditions?

Edit: Nevermind. I think I understand now. Haha.


Just to be clear the audition song will be the song you are singing for round 1. Sorry for getting back so late.


View Postusagi chiba, on Mar 24 2008, 03:02 AM, said:

i wonder....when it IS the perforamance day? like , is it on all 3 days or is it on only 1 day like a saturday??? that's been on my mind for a while... and wht do u recommend for karoke to sing? thx in advance~!!!


okay it is planned that there will be three rounds. one will be early friday evening and one early (1pm-ish) saturday and then final round is right BEFORE the masquerade starts. hope that helps!
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest


ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#57 User is offline   Sean Chen 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9195
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 02-February 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Mar 24 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

Just to be clear the audition song will be the song you are singing for round 1. Sorry for getting back so late.




okay it is planned that there will be three rounds. one will be early friday evening and one early (1pm-ish) saturday and then final round is right BEFORE the masquerade starts. hope that helps!


Hmmmm, right BEFORE masquerade eh? Good Idea! Wow, that means finalists willt get o sing in front of several thousand people.

#58 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:03 AM

Gah. I'm so pissed. My voice is getting worse and worse, as is my cold. >.< I might have to deal with the tracks that I have already recorded when I was in the lesser stages of sickness.

Does anyone know how to get rid of static in a track? I'm really worried about my tracks, because whenever I got too close to the mic it would lead to static, but when I moved away it would get too quiet....Will this count against me?

Also, what if I cut the track by myself? How do I fill the form out that way, or can I just link the karaoke track and the normal version in the email?
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#59 User is offline   Sean Chen 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9195
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 02-February 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hey Yvonne, do you want the audition file as just the vocals alone, or as a finished mixdown?

#60 User is offline   Desimae 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9580
  • Posts: 73
  • Joined: 28-February 07
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

Just a random question. If I have a track, can I make my own background vocals for the performances?

  • 11 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users