Anime Central Forums: Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Idol 2008 Offical Rules And The Like AUDITION DEADLINE IS MARCH 30, 2008 NO EXCEPTIONS!

#181 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

*dances* Hopefully we'll find out when the performance times are and stuff soon! Sadly, I didn't make it. @_@ Oh well, there's always next year! ^^ Congrats again to everyone!
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#182 User is offline   Sean Chen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9195

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

Wow Yvonne, you went through the trouble of making a whole site for Acen Idol... It must have taken tons of time. Really, I think we all appreciate your hard work. Thanks so much for making this happen!

#183 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

I'm sure we all appreciate it. ^^ I want to get you some pocky Voni!! XD Thanks for all your hard work!

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#184 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6740

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostDesimae, on Apr 12 2008, 02:37 AM, said:

Sam Park AND Sean Chen?

Oh yes.

Ahahahah.

This is going to be a fun year. <3

Like there was even any doubt... (i couldn't even help judge because i would have been bias as hell...)

View PostSean Chen, on Apr 12 2008, 02:58 AM, said:

Wow Yvonne, you went through the trouble of making a whole site for Acen Idol... It must have taken tons of time. Really, I think we all appreciate your hard work. Thanks so much for making this happen!

aww jee thanks :3 (also means i have no life...-.-)

View PostKasemei, on Apr 12 2008, 03:13 AM, said:

I'm sure we all appreciate it. ^^ I want to get you some pocky Voni!! XD Thanks for all your hard work!

lol voni does love pocky XD
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#185 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

what kind?

#186 User is offline   Sean Chen 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Pocky for men

#187 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

View Postvoni ^__^, on Apr 11 2008, 08:30 PM, said:

soo... acen idol website :3
http://acenidol.wordpress.com

EVERYTHING IS THERE.

oh snapz.
I actually looked and typed a post of hyperness but when I tried to submit it... my comp froze/died and needed to be restarted...
Basically it was me being confounded/excited/hyper cuz I made it! <3

And commending everyone on a fantastic job!

I'm excited/nervous about all this...

and it'd be great to know the date/time soon cuz my mom said she'd want to come and see me and... that could require prior planning...O.o

Yay! [hyperhappyfuntime]
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#188 User is offline   Creative Name 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4734

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

I can finally post talking about ACen Idol without fear of introducing bias into the judging process. I wanted to say that everyone's auditions rocked equally and had me bouncing in my seat to the beat... even the slow songs.

Congrats to everyone that made it to the next cut :) You have my sympathies, since you now have to prepare two more songs :P
Won't you please save the panda

#189 User is offline   Miri 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6175

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

...I made it?

I no believe. o_o

Seriously though, I loved everyone's auditions. I can't wait to see everyone there!

#190 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

;_; WTF?!
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#191 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:53 AM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 12 2008, 06:29 AM, said:

;_; WTF?!

I was sad that I didn't make it either. XDXD

#192 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:57 AM

View PostCreative Name, on Apr 12 2008, 12:45 AM, said:

Congrats to everyone that made it to the next cut :) You have my sympathies, since you now have to prepare two more songs :P

That's true... I picked two other songs a while back but... at least one of them is starting to seem impracitcal [if I make it farther... >>]

Also, are we allowed to do songs from video games for the other two rounds? [is eyeing the song from the Persona 3 credits]

#193 User is offline   LilacChrome 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10655

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

Congrats to everyone! Looking forward to this!!

<---Lexi

#194 User is offline   Melima 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16907

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

I cannot wait to meet everyone and hear them in person! Congrats!

Amanda
2009 Acen Cosplays: Red Wings Rikku, Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Black mage Rikku, Fuu (samurai champloo)

#195 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

It'll be really fun to meet everyone!

I wonder if there'd be some way for us to hang out or something?

#196 User is offline   Komurin II 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16688

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

x333 Like an Idol meet-and-greet? That would be really cool and fun, I think! We could totally exchange singing tips and critique. x3;

I made the cut too. @_@ I was SO surprised. I'm so glad my friend IMed me to congratulate me before I checked the site. I would've never thought I'd make the top 18.

For everyone else who made the cut, I'm SO flattered to be getting to sing next to you guys! I remember being so awed and intimidated listening to your auditions! ^_^ Let's put on the best show ever!

#197 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

I don't see how I didn't get in. I'm really pissed.

#198 User is offline   LilacChrome 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10655

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

View PostKomurin II, on Apr 12 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

x333 Like an Idol meet-and-greet? That would be really cool and fun, I think! We could totally exchange singing tips and critique. x3;

I made the cut too. @_@ I was SO surprised. I'm so glad my friend IMed me to congratulate me before I checked the site. I would've never thought I'd make the top 18.

For everyone else who made the cut, I'm SO flattered to be getting to sing next to you guys! I remember being so awed and intimidated listening to your auditions! ^_^ Let's put on the best show ever!

AGREE! It would be awesome :D

#199 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

View PostKomurin II, on Apr 12 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Maybe we could schedule a gathering some time around the show... depending on when it ends up being.

I'd love to hear everyone's comments and share tips and stuff.

#200 User is offline   Desimae 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9580

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

A meet and greet sounds like great fun!

<3

#201 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 12 2008, 08:25 PM, said:

I don't see how I didn't get in. I'm really pissed.

>.< I am too, but there's not much we can do about it. The only thing we can hope for is that someone can't make the show, and that you're close enough to 18 that you're an alternate. As bad as that sounds, it's true. >.< I really really want to compete, considering that this would be the first time I've ever done a vocal compeition in my life. XDXD

Again, congrats to everyone who made it! Please don't take what I said in a bad way. I'm glad that if I didn't make it, it was because you guys did. A lot of you really deserved to be in those spots! I'll be cheering you on!

I think I'm just a bit annoyed because I think the only reason my audition didn't make it in was because I was sick throughout the entire time it was due. I think if I wasn't sick, I'd have done a bit better. >.< I really tried hard, and anyone who was talking to me within those two weeks that I tried could testify, but sickness always invaded. Oh well, I guess it's not that big an excuse. I think I'm also a little annoyed that they had originally said they were cutting to 20, then they cut to 18. I can see where Voni is coming from. There apparently was a gap between 18 and 19, while there wasn't that big of one between 20 and 21. However, I think that it is slightly unfair because everyone was expecting 20. I mean, in school, there might be a certain number of people who can get into an organization according to their GPA. Will they accept less people because the lower score that didn't make it was a little off from the person who did? Not really...

I'm not trying to be mean or rude, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just stating my opinion, especially cuz it was weighing on me for a while last night and today. Rant over. @_@ Sorry about this guys, I just had to get it off my chest. >.< >.< If anyone has a problem, I'll remove it....I really don't want people to think badly of me for typing this, it's just how I felt about the situation. >.< Please no one be angry. >.<

Good luck to all! Can't wait to hear the performance.

#202 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

I'm really upset because I think some people got others to "stuff the ballots" for the forum votes. I didn't think the whole forum voting thing was fair, to be honest.

I'm also really upset because singing is like...my life right now. I'm in several choirs at school and church (even though I'm not religious) and I take private voice lessons. It really upsets me because I really wanted to showcase the songs that I wanted to sing.

I really wish I could be a judge. *sigh*

#203 User is offline   Sean Chen 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 12 2008, 07:57 PM, said:

I'm really upset because I think some people got others to "stuff the ballots" for the forum votes. I didn't think the whole forum voting thing was fair, to be honest.

What makes you think that? Did you hear of someone doing this? Or is it more of a hunch?

#204 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

View PostSean Chen, on Apr 13 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

What makes you think that? Did you hear of someone doing this? Or is it more of a hunch?

I don't know for sure, but I almost know that at least one or two people must have done something like that. If you give them the option of something like that, there are going to be people to abuse it.

#205 User is offline   Miri 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

If anyone 'stuffed the ballots' for me, I didn't tell them to.

Not to mention that the forum voting was only 25% of the actual decision making. *shrug*

#206 User is offline   Roxas 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6878

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 13 2008, 12:57 AM, said:

I'm also really upset because singing is like...my life right now. I'm in several choirs at school and church (even though I'm not religious) and I take private voice lessons. It really upsets me because I really wanted to showcase the songs that I wanted to sing.

I really wish I could be a judge. *sigh*

Well first off, isn't impossible to "stuff the ballot"? The way Voni set it up, everyone who submits a vote has to include a score for each contestant. So even if one or two people did get all their friends to come and help them out by voting, everyone else would get a score as well. Voni wouldn't stand for a sheet that said " PERSON A: 10 EVERONE ELSE: -4". You would have gotten a score the same way everyone else did.

And secondly, am I allowed to be a little frustrated by this? I understand that fact that you're upset; I'm sure I would be the same way. But don't you think ranting off about how much more you deserve it is a bit condescending? I've been in multiple choirs since I was ten, in nine musical productions, and also take voice lessons. Don't I deserve to make it? Doesn't everyone who auditioned? Each and everyone of us has something new to bring to this competition. It's hurtful to think that we're somehow lesser than you. Please think about what you're going to say before you type it.

Also, I think it was mentioned that the people who made it we're going to get critiques. Why not ask Voni if you can get yours as well so you know what to improve on?

<---- krista
Krista~ <3

#207 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

I didn't say anyone was lesser than me. I'm just really peeved that I didn't make it in because I do take this incredibly seriously. I'm in the bottom 40%. Why not just stamp "YOU SUCK!" across my forehead? I'm not meaning to upset anyone, I'm ranting cuz I am incredibly angry. I don't get it though...my intonation was good, my diction was good, I kept rhythm. I don't see why. ;_;

#208 User is offline   Roxas 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6878

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 13 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

I didn't say anyone was lesser than me. I'm just really peeved that I didn't make it in because I do take this incredibly seriously. I'm in the bottom 40%. Why not just stamp "YOU SUCK!" across my forehead? I'm not meaning to upset anyone, I'm ranting cuz I am incredibly angry. I don't get it though...my intonation was good, my diction was good, I kept rhythm. I don't see why. ;_;

Sorry, I realize my post above may have come off as overly admonishing. I get annoyed easily. This just might not be the best place for ranting, you know? Over the internet, people can take things differently then you intend.

Would you mind messaging me with what song was yours? I'm curious. None of the auditions were OMG TOTALLY bad, so I doubt the reason you didn't make it was because you suck. People look for weird things when they vote? And like Miri said, it was only 25% anyway.
Krista~ <3

#209 User is offline   Alicorn 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8346

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

I wonder if I'll be free to listen to the next rounds at the con...maybe, maybe not, we'll see. Good luck to everyone who made it through!

I can see where you're coming from with the 18 top singers vs. the stated 20 (maybe with the complaints, they'll bring in those two additional border poeple?) It's disappointing to be cut :/ Kasemei & Spydie, you guys weren't bad, the ones who made the cut were just stellar :) I can PM you the comments I had on your songs if you want, so you can see someone else's perspective on your auditions.

It sucks you were sick, Kasemei! Ahehe, it kinda sounded like it when I listened to yours, I wasn't sure if it was sickness or just the way you sing (there are a couple of guys in my voice class right now who just sing like that all the time, though they're working on improving it). But they don't postpone the American Idol performances because one of the singers has a cold, it's just something you have to push through, argh >_< I hope everyone who worked hard and didn't quite get in will try again next year!

#210 User is offline   Miri 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:41 PM

View PostSpydie, on Apr 13 2008, 01:33 AM, said:

You not making the cut doesn't mean 'you suck'. Having lots of auditions is one thing, but having lots of GOOD auditions makes the judging extremely difficult.

Not everyone can make it, SOMEONE has to be cut. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users