#61 User is offline   Xenn 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6280

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Some of us should be glomp safe, but ask first ;p

But come and take as many photos as you like, sop long as you priomis to share them with us once the con is over ;p

Will do :D .
~Proud Sqwee of The Glomp Team~
~Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate~
~Dwelller of the Insanity Forums~

Facebook

#62 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 13107

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

If I ever did a persona, I'd do Fuuka's one but in her second form. It's really a beautiful persona <3

I often wonder how I will even walk in my shoes for Aigis, oh the nightmares it will reign upon my poor feet. D8

#63 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

View PostAmiaeda, on Mar 17 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

If I ever did a persona, I'd do Fuuka's one but in her second form. It's really a beautiful persona <3

I often wonder how I will even walk in my shoes for Aigis, oh the nightmares it will reign upon my poor feet. D8

get inserts and walk around in them A LOT before the con if you can. It's what I'm going to have to do with my Mitsuru boots...so I can't imagine your poor feet. * will bring a foot soak for you for the day after if you want XD
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#64 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

As for the Evokers, most of the opening anime scenes involve Evoker usage so it's pretty easy to get a good look at it. From the looks of it, the gun is closest to a silver Baretta Pistol. But much like the character designs in the artbook, it isnt exactly consistant. But yeah...A Baretta looks closest. I just got a pair on ebay for about 10 bucks+5 dollars for shipping. Airsoft guns are SUPER cheap and look really nice but it looks like they're usually sold in pairs so you might wanna make a deal with a group and have one person buy everyone's evoker props then split the pay at the con or whatever.
I'll bring my spare so if anyone needs one for the photoshoot I'll have an extra! =D

#65 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

I believe she has a big metal helmet on with a little crown

I got a good look at her last night while leveling up and you could use a ball of some sort (that would keep shape after cutting up) paint it and use the slit area of the helmet by your eyes so you could see, other than that an easy Persona (female) to do would be Clotho she is in all white with a long skirt type thing around the waist to her ankles.

I'm going to the craft store after work to get some stuff for my cosplay :lol: .
Also is the time and place for the meetup at the beginning of the thread correct?
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#66 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 12:25 PM, said:

So who is excited for FES?

Moi! Though I still haven't preordered it... the loss of money on it is gonna screw up my budget but... I'm sure it'll be worth it!

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

get inserts and walk around in them A LOT before the con if you can. It's what I'm going to have to do with my Mitsuru boots...so I can't imagine your poor feet. * will bring a foot soak for you for the day after if you want XD

Yep. That's what I do whenever I need to wear uncomfortable/girly shoes.
My Mello boots are gonna kill my feet... I've walked a lot in them before but... blisters... :(
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#67 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 18 2008, 08:44 AM, said:

Also is the time and place for the meetup at the beginning of the thread correct?

yep, first post. ;p
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#68 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 18 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

yep, first post. ;p

Is the location around where the video games are???
Because despite your good instructions... I'm bound to get lost unless I have a great idea of where it's at... [no navigational skills]. ^^;;;

#69 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

^you might wanna just exhange cell numbers with the person in charge?
That way they can guide you during the actual con or something.
Me, I plan on just throwing on my Junpei cosplay and just walking around until I see other members of S.E.E.S. or something. XDD
Hopefully, someone will notice me if I dont see them first and shout "this way doofus!" or whatever. Sounds like it wouldnt work but it hasnt failed me at a single con yet.

#70 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

It sounds like it is where the old fountian used to be.....(under the old pool?) I will be there. I've was able to get the perfect matrial for my cos :rolleyes: I've got almost everything..just need some gloves...sewing starts this weekend....
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#71 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 19 2008, 08:58 AM, said:

It sounds like it is where the old fountian used to be.....(under the old pool?) I will be there. I've was able to get the perfect matrial for my cos :rolleyes: I've got almost everything..just need some gloves...sewing starts this weekend....

Awesome!

I have personally never been to Acen, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to find. I actually am getting there Thursday, and since the shoot isn't until late-ish Friday, I'm going to hunt down where the spot is the day before. possibly plot out where would make for good group shots, single shots, ect.

If you look in some of Amiaeda's posts, she actually has pictures of the spot. If we decide around that time we all might want to venture outside for dark hour shots if we can find decent outdoor lighting, then we can talk about it then.

*kicks her new job* I hope they give me off for A-cen @.@
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#72 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Mar 18 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

^you might wanna just exhange cell numbers with the person in charge?
That way they can guide you during the actual con or something.
Me, I plan on just throwing on my Junpei cosplay and just walking around until I see other members of S.E.E.S. or something. XDD
Hopefully, someone will notice me if I dont see them first and shout "this way doofus!" or whatever. Sounds like it wouldnt work but it hasnt failed me at a single con yet.

I don't have a cell phone. :(

And I suppose that's a good idea... last year for the Guilty Gear shoot a bunch of us just stood around the doors to the Smokers' Corner and snagged people there so... I suppose if I look around and see P3 people I'll follow you all... >>

#73 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

As we get closer to the date I suggest we all trade numbers. If you don't have a cell, maybe we can at least find out where you are going to be around the time of the shoot so we can track you down ;p That or maybe give us a cell of people you will be with.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#74 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Yea, I'd be willing to trade #'s, hopefully there will be more info as the con get closer...
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#75 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

I'm not to worried. It's a huge con, and I'm sure we would see one another. Also Since we do have a photo of the spot, we can just ask others.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#76 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

I'll just look for all the school uniforms with armbands......
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#77 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

Not sure if there will be lots of school uniforms or not...it is a anime con ;p I think you'll stand out the most.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#78 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

I'd also be willing to trade numbers, but unfortunately I tend to not hear my phone during cons (my friends are my ears actually, lol!) And yes, we're meeting where the pool used to be at the first floor of the dome.

Well, if anyone sees me at least an hour before, feel free to cling on to me to take you there. I don't mind at all. I'll be easy to find because my shoes will prop me up a few inches and I have a feeling I'll be the only Aigis in her dress.
Oh and unfortunately my Ken won't be able to make it, so you can take her off. D:

#79 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 19 2008, 12:06 PM, said:

As we get closer to the date I suggest we all trade numbers. If you don't have a cell, maybe we can at least find out where you are going to be around the time of the shoot so we can track you down ;p That or maybe give us a cell of people you will be with.

Hopefully my mom'll let me use my little brother's cell phone when I go since I'll need it... >>
I can give ya that or one of my friends' [unless I'm lucky enough to get a new cell for meself by then... [crosses fingers]]

View PostAmiaeda, on Mar 19 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

Oh and unfortunately my Ken won't be able to make it, so you can take her off. D:

Aww... :( Now we're missing more of SEES. I was looking at the list and I saw that we'd have everyone except for Shinji [not counting Koromaru cuz... yeah....]
Though when I showed my friend that she thought that maybe she could try for Shinji though it'd be a pain to find a jacket... She originally wanted to try Ken but when I showed her the list we thought it'd be cooler to have everyone.
Perhaps I'll tell her we could use a Ken now??? Cuz she might be up for it. [my little brother would do it too if he could come to ACEN xD]

#80 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Sad your Ken won't be able to make it. I'll sanz him from the list then. Jam, if you get verification on anyone, just let us know here and I'll update the front page. ^_^

I'm PRAYING my work will give me off for A-cen, as someone sniped the dates long before I got hired. I'll have to double check next Monday when I actually have someone who is more then willing to sit down and help me figure out whats doable.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#81 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

I didn't even notice we had a full cast!!
Now that does suck that we don't have a Ken. I'm gonna try and convince my friend's sister to go since she's the only person I know who might pull of a good Ken but it's unlikely.

Now that I checked the pics, I know exactly where that is since I did a panel in one of those corner rooms last year,but umm...it was pretty friggin' hard to find and I've been to acen like 4-5 times now...so yeah...look for armbands....lol.
It does look exactly like the dorms tho! Nice eye whoever scouted it!

BTW, my costume is done except for the actual suit/unifrom, is there a specific kinda suit that really resembles the uniform? The less altering I have to do the better...
Also err..for veteran cosplayers, is there a way I can extend the sleeves so the cuffs stand out more? I was thinking of hemming back the blazer sleeves on the uniform abit.

And yeah, there's bound to be atleast a few P3 cosplayers who have no idea about the photoshoot, so if you see any on Friday let them know about it!

#82 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 19 2008, 07:39 PM, said:

Sad your Ken won't be able to make it. I'll sanz him from the list then. Jam, if you get verification on anyone, just let us know here and I'll update the front page. ^_^

I'm PRAYING my work will give me off for A-cen, as someone sniped the dates long before I got hired. I'll have to double check next Monday when I actually have someone who is more then willing to sit down and help me figure out whats doable.

Will do!
I'll myspace her about it right now... xD

And K1... I have no idea how to help you.... because I have limited cosplay skillz... sorries.

#83 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

Ok found the pics... and it is where I thought it would be...sewing starts on friday after work....So are there gonna be anyother people doing a persona?...
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#84 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

I honestly think you are going to be the only persona. You will defiantly stand out. I might try to con my friend into dressing up and a Persona, but I need to try to find pictures of them all so I can mill through what would be doable.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#85 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Mar 19 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

I didn't even notice we had a full cast!!
Now that does suck that we don't have a Ken. I'm gonna try and convince my friend's sister to go since she's the only person I know who might pull of a good Ken but it's unlikely.

Now that I checked the pics, I know exactly where that is since I did a panel in one of those corner rooms last year,but umm...it was pretty friggin' hard to find and I've been to acen like 4-5 times now...so yeah...look for armbands....lol.
It does look
f33
exactly like the dorms tho! Nice eye whoever scouted it!

BTW, my costume is done except for the actual suit/unifrom, is there a specific kinda suit that really resembles the uniform? The less altering I have to do the better...
Also err..for veteran cosplayers, is there a way I can extend the sleeves so the cuffs stand out more? I was thinking of hemming back the blazer sleeves on the uniform abit.

And yeah, there's bound to be atleast a few P3 cosplayers who have no idea about the photoshoot, so if you see any on Friday let them know about it!

I think hemming back the sleeves might work, or you could cut the dress shirt and sew the cuffs further out from the inside (that make sense?)

otherwise a simple black light jacket and pants seems like it would work just fine.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#86 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

I cosplayed Minato at Ohayocon and completely made my suit jacket. Altering a suit isn't that hard, just make sure the lapels are correct. It wasn't all that hard and was very inexpensive, but mine doesn't zip. I bought the wrong zipper that doesn't separate when you undo it so I was forced to break it off to keep the coat open. For showing the cuffs, either get the jacket to fit you just right or if you can't just hemming it would be best.

Here's a picture of me in my coat, it's not impossible my friend!! XD
http://lordofthesquishies.deviantart.com/a...ocon08-74058903

#87 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Added some links to the front post that some people might find helpful, including the links to the photos of where we are meeting.

YES! I just go my paycheck *dances around*...do you think I should buy my wig or boots first?

The wig I'm thinking of getting.

If anyone else has a comment on the wig, or could point me towards a different on eon the site they think would work better, by all means, please do.

An are they the other people who will be joining us at Acen Amiaeda?
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#88 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Get the wig first, in my opinion it's borderline the most important part. I've seen good cosplays go completely wrong just because a lack of wig.

WIIIIG WIIIIIG D8....XD
Oh AND the wig is perfect, imo

And yes, those are ze ones

EDIT: Oh and also, get the wig first because wigs take FOREVER to come in the mail.

#89 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

ok, so wig is what is going to come first.

In case no one has noticed, I have added some links to the first post. These links may or may not be helpful to you depending on who your going as.

Also, Walmart is a good place for air soft guns if you can't do ebay.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#90 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

Holy crap, that website has the patches! Oh man and I JUST sewed over my hand sewed patch on the machine, dammit...seam ripping is a huge pain in the butt...

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users