Persona 3 Cosplay

#31 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

View PostPr0phecy, on Mar 8 2008, 04:20 AM, said:

woo, my friend just sent me a link to this thread.

I was really thinking about going as the main character and my fiance was going to go as Yukari. We weren't sure if anyone else would know who we were, or if anyone else would even be doing Persona 3.

YOu should. I have edited the first post to say who all might be going and group meet up location and time for shoot.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#32 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

What is everyone (who needs one) doing for an evoker?
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#33 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 6 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

Yukari would be simple enough. Most of her stuff can be bought via thrift or walmart. Only thing I see being hard to find is her heart choker and the pink sweater, and they have patterns for them at local craft stores.

I was looking through the artbook and thinking about it and... maybe I should try Yukari.
My only problem is my hair... I know I can get a wig but I already need one or two so... it could get pricy.
I'll have to look into that before I can say for sure what I wanna do.

View PostAjus, on Mar 8 2008, 07:38 AM, said:

I'll be walking around as junpei all weekend, but so far the only trouble I seem to be having with the outfit is finding a good way to make his dogtags(pendant?).

I KNOW YOU.
[suffers from nostalgia]

As for your problem... [stares at artbook] Looks like you could make it if you had skillz... a chain would be easy to find so you'd just need a rectangle of metal to add the details to.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#34 User is offline   Pr0phecy 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17440

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

Well, for sure now I'm doing the main character, and my fiance is doing Yukari for at least one day. We'll try to make the shoot, and I think I know where that is at.

#35 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Kay so... I know I said I'd try to do Yukari but I came up with another interesting idea yesterday... though I think I'd like some feedback before trying it out [cuz I'd need to buy another wig... >>]

My favorite character is Chidori so I wanted to try to cosplay her but there's NO WAY I can make that at the moment... >> So I thought that maybe I could still cosplay her but like in a hospital robe or something... it'd be really simple... Does anyone think this is a good idea? Cuz I could for sure put it together in addition to my other stuff.

#36 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 13107

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 13 2008, 12:13 PM, said:

Kay so... I know I said I'd try to do Yukari but I came up with another interesting idea yesterday... though I think I'd like some feedback before trying it out [cuz I'd need to buy another wig... >>]

My favorite character is Chidori so I wanted to try to cosplay her but there's NO WAY I can make that at the moment... >> So I thought that maybe I could still cosplay her but like in a hospital robe or something... it'd be really simple... Does anyone think this is a good idea? Cuz I could for sure put it together in addition to my other stuff.

Sure, that'd be interesting! You won't be alone on lesser known P3 costumes, since I'm doing the blue dress. Hurrah for the obscure!

#37 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostAmiaeda, on Mar 13 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

Sure, that'd be interesting! You won't be alone on lesser known P3 costumes, since I'm doing the blue dress. Hurrah for the obscure!

A thumbs up! Alright!
Then I suppose I'll go look for stuff for it during spring break like i'm gonna do for my other costumes.

#38 User is offline   Keito_Chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9342

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

AAH!!! I love you all who are cosplaying from persona 3! I'm bringing a camera to take picture of just you guys! A whole camera! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Persona 3. I can't wait to see your guys costumes! It's so exciting!
Red hair, green eyes...I'll be your fan girl!
~.::Reno, Lavi, and Axel fangirl!::.~

#39 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

It's great to see some support for this shoot!
However... we need to find a place... there aren't going to be too many people so we can probably do it indoors if you guys would prefer that... I'm not really super knowledgeable about locations so... any suggestions?
Cuz the last date for posting gathering info is the 20th... and we've got a time already so... location??? [prods people in search of a suggestion]

#40 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 14 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

However... we need to find a place... there aren't going to be too many people so we can probably do it indoors if you guys would prefer that... I'm not really super knowledgeable about locations so... any suggestions?
Cuz the last date for posting gathering info is the 20th... and we've got a time already so... location??? [prods people in search of a suggestion]

XD See the first post Jam, its all been taken care of~

#41 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

What is everyone (who needs one) doing for an evoker?

Do you know a place that has them or replicas or something? Why're us asking?
Anyway, I'm defintely going as Junpei. Things should start coming together for the costume next week.

#42 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 13 2008, 12:13 PM, said:

I would say go for it. Chidori's costume, while doable, is hard to make. We will have a few Junpei's there, so if anything you might get some neat shots with them. ^_^

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 14 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

In the first post it states where we are meeting and when. If you would also like to get some outdoors shoots during the day, the group can possibly meet up at a different time, but the "official" time and spot is already selected. Amiaeda scouted out a good spot that resembles the dorms.

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Mar 14 2008, 05:29 PM, said:

Do you know a place that has them or replicas or something? Why're us asking?
Anyway, I'm defintely going as Junpei. Things should start coming together for the costume next week.

I was asking to see if anyone had an idea or tips to share with the others.

I was possibly thinking air soft guns. They are cheaper then paint ball ones, as well as lighter. S.E.E.S can easily be put on the side of them at this point seem to be the safest bet for the evoker prop.

Any other tips or ideas to share anyone?
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#43 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

View PostPr0phecy, on Mar 13 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

Well, for sure now I'm doing the main character, and my fiance is doing Yukari for at least one day. We'll try to make the shoot, and I think I know where that is at.

YAY! Well, your on the list on the first post now. If between now and the con you have any questions, need refrances, or anything else, feel free to drop by ^_^

[quote name='Keito_Chan' date='Mar 13 2008, 10:03 PM' post='483039']
AAH!!! I love you all who are cosplaying from persona 3! I'm bringing a camera to take picture of just you guys! A whole camera! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Persona 3. I can't wait to see your guys costumes! It's so exciting!
[/quote
f33
]

Hehe, looking forward to it. Hopefully you can share them with us after the con.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#44 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

Oh... I dunno why I didn't look at the first post... >>
Good job! xD
Has anyone posted it in the gatherings thread then? So that it can be in the book and all that...

#45 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:52 PM

View PostJam-Kiske, on Mar 15 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

Oh... I dunno why I didn't look at the first post... >>
Good job! xD
Has anyone posted it in the gatherings thread then? So that it can be in the book and all that...

I BELIEVE Amiaeda did, not 100% sure though...maybe I should go dig and look....
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#46 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

I ant to see this...it would be cool
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#47 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 15 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

I BELIEVE Amiaeda did, not 100% sure though...maybe I should go dig and look....

Yeah, I did, but the list hasn't been updated yet.

#48 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

View PostAmiaeda, on Mar 15 2008, 05:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I did, but the list hasn't been updated yet.

Sweet! Then we'll be in the book and all that!
Yayness!

#49 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:09 AM

could someone like, tell me what make and model gun is closest to the evoker? That way I'd have a better time finding a replica..thnx!

#50 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

I'm going to do one of the persona's from P3. I'm just trying to iron out the details for the design (plus where to get some face paint at this time of year...
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#51 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Mar 17 2008, 02:09 AM, said:

could someone like, tell me what make and model gun is closest to the evoker? That way I'd have a better time finding a replica..thnx!

There aren't many clear photos of the evokers. I would say go with a normal handgun based air soft gun.

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 17 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

I'm going to do one of the persona's from P3. I'm just trying to iron out the details for the design (plus where to get some face paint at this time of year...

WOOT! What persona are you going as?

I know they had a thread bouncing around there in the cosplay section of someone asking about face/body paint. There is a website that carries many different kinds of costume makeup.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#52 User is offline   Amiaeda 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

If you look up on youtube for the videos of Orpheus' awakening, you get really good shots of the evoker. I honestly can't find a gun with the same barrel so you might have to modify a gun.

#53 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

View PostAmiaeda, on Mar 17 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

If you look up on youtube for the videos of Orpheus' awakening, you get really good shots of the evoker. I honestly can't find a gun with the same barrel so you might have to modify a gun.

I wish I could load youtube at work...but I'm technically not even supposed to be on here >.<. I'll have to take a look after I get off of work.

So who is excited for FES?
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#54 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 10:50 AM, said:

WOOT! What persona are you going as?

I know they had a thread bouncing around there in the cosplay section of someone asking about face/body paint. There is a website that carries many different kinds of costume makeup.

It's a confidential till the con.... :rolleyes: !! I will say it's one you get in the beginning of the game.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#55 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 17 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

It's a confidential till the con.... :rolleyes: !! I will say it's one you get in the beginning of the game.

You suck ;p

I was trying to think of personas I could go as, but none for girls really seem doable. I guess I could do one of Mitsuru's, but that would still be difficult. Fuka's personas are awesome, but something tells me it would be a tad bit of a pain to walk.

Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#56 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

View PostDamica Racall, on Mar 17 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

You suck ;p

I was trying to think of personas I could go as, but none for girls really seem doable. I guess I could do one of Mitsuru's, but that would still be difficult. Fuka's personas are awesome, but something tells me it would be a tad bit of a pain to walk.

It would be like trying to walk in a giant bubble....As for Mitsuru's get a bra (a large sized one and spray paint it with that metiallic or hand paint it get a bodysuit or a plain one peice swimsuit and do the same thing, with a pair of black tights unerneath and a pair of white ankle boots (I think they are white..I could be wrong.)
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#57 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 17 2008, 01:04 PM, said:

It would be like trying to walk in a giant bubble....As for Mitsuru's get a bra (a large sized one and spray paint it with that metiallic or hand paint it get a bodysuit or a plain one peice swimsuit and do the same thing, with a pair of black tights unerneath and a pair of white ankle boots (I think they are white..I could be wrong.)

That would work, but what would I do for the head?

And yeah, Fuka's would just be unrealistic for a con. Maybe for a photo shoot, but there would be no way one could walk around in it, let alone with tons of other people around.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#58 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

you could us a white stocking or tights (yes like the robbers) over your head (just cut out some eye holes and breathing holes... If i remeber that persona has like no face at all just a white shape....When I get home from work I'll take a look at it closer to see what could be done...and it will give me an excuse to play the game some more..... :lol:
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#59 User is offline   Xenn 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6280

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

If I saw a persona I would definitely want to glomp you*holds bak glomping urges* Dont want to ruin your costumes will just take LOTS of pictures :D .
~Proud Sqwee of The Glomp Team~
~Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate~
~Dwelller of the Insanity Forums~

Facebook

#60 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Mar 17 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

you could us a white stocking or tights (yes like the robbers) over your head (just cut out some eye holes and breathing holes... If i remeber that persona has like no face at all just a white shape....When I get home from work I'll take a look at it closer to see what could be done...and it will give me an excuse to play the game some more..... :lol:

I believe she has a big metal helmet on with a little crown

View PostXenn, on Mar 17 2008, 01:24 PM, said:

If I saw a persona I would definitely want to glomp you*holds bak glomping urges* Dont want to ruin your costumes will just take LOTS of pictures :D .

Some of us should be glomp safe, but ask first ;p

But come and take as many photos as you like, sop long as you priomis to share them with us once the con is over ;p
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users