IceMasterTouya, on May 11 2008, 12:57 AM, said:
Sooo. Sounds like loads of fun. :3
Few questions, though (Who doesn't?).
1) I am not in the possessing of a sewing machine, so my aunt did the technical work on a lot of my costume. But I was there watching, and I know more about the costume than she does. I even planned out all of the alterations done on it. I just wasn't the one who actually did the alterations. Does this still count as done myself?
2) Couples = groups, yes? And, if a couple enters, can they still be singled out for "best likeness" if they don't win "best group?"
3) Is the basis of this contest, go out in front of assembled, strike a pose, model a little to show correctness of costume, leave? And if we're in a group, how much shenanigans is allowed? :3 (Also, will it cost anything to enter?)
4) If we win a category, but can't go to the Masquerade, how will we know that we won?
(Although I don't think me or my SO will win, because we don't have the same eye color as our characters, or pretty contacts. ): )
1. No. Not unless she is present to present the costume, you will not be allowed to compete.
2. Yes and yes.
3/ No it doesn't cost anything, you come in, fill out your paperwork, talk to the judges, then leave. Pretty simple. Some shenanigans is allowed. Don't get too crazy.
4. Phone numbers and e-mails. Most likely what will happen is that you will be called before the masquerade so that I can line you up in the green room. You won't know which award you've won until the announcement.
Marin Musica, on May 11 2008, 01:27 PM, said:
So...we just have to show up and get in line?