Acen 2008 Hallway Costume Contest

#31 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

View PostKeelyVH, on Apr 23 2008, 06:14 PM, said:

Just for clarification - when providing documentation, you only want reference pictures correct? You do not want to have any starting sketches, in progress photographs or pictures of support garments? (support garments in my case is a wing harness, which is under clothing and not visible from the outside).

Thank you in advance!

Anything you can bring will help you out. And trust me, judges LOOOVEEEEE progress pictures.
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#32 Guest_KeelyVH_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

Great! Thank you!!

I heard something about putting it in a binder. Is this the best way of presenting the documentation?

#33 User is offline   McWeen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9359

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Must be made by you or person present :-(

My mom is sewing mine and the measuring/sizing has all been eyeballed so its really, really messed up tight. I can't wait to look like a total jackass.
I wish I had something clever to put here :-(

#34 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:47 AM

View PostKeelyVH, on Apr 24 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

Great! Thank you!!

I heard something about putting it in a binder. Is this the best way of presenting the documentation?

That would definitely help for quick reference.

View PostMcWeen, on Apr 24 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

Must be made by you or person present :-(

My mom is sewing mine and the measuring/sizing has all been eyeballed so its really, really messed up tight. I can't wait to look like a total jackass.

Aww, don't say that. I think I do that all the time and it always ends up being just fine.

#35 User is offline   McWeen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9359

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

View PostThatOneChick, on Apr 26 2008, 08:47 AM, said:

That would definitely help for quick reference.

Aww, don't say that. I think I do that all the time and it always ends up being just fine.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I think it will be funny looking stupid...I just won't be able to show coworkers any pictures of me from the Con. (i work in an office for state government to clarify why it would be weird to show them)
I wish I had something clever to put here :-(

#36 User is offline   IceMasterTouya 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18278

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:57 PM

Sooo. Sounds like loads of fun. :3

Few questions, though (Who doesn't?).

1) I am not in the possessing of a sewing machine, so my aunt did the technical work on a lot of my costume. But I was there watching, and I know more about the costume than she does. I even planned out all of the alterations done on it. I just wasn't the one who actually did the alterations. Does this still count as done myself?

2) Couples = groups, yes? And, if a couple enters, can they still be singled out for "best likeness" if they don't win "best group?"

3) Is the basis of this contest, go out in front of assembled, strike a pose, model a little to show correctness of costume, leave? And if we're in a group, how much shenanigans is allowed? :3 (Also, will it cost anything to enter?)

And finally:

4) If we win a category, but can't go to the Masquerade, how will we know that we won? :(

(Although I don't think me or my SO will win, because we don't have the same eye color as our characters, or pretty contacts. ): )

Coming a little earlier on Friday this year! Woo having fun!

Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

#37 User is offline   Marin Musica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11498

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

So...we just have to show up and get in line?
Zelda - Bunny Link; Ghibli - Howl; Nintendo/ Smash Bros - Princess Peach Toadstool; DC - Catwoman

Possibles.... Kingdom Hearts- Riku (DDD); Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0) - Yami Yugi); Golden Sun- Piers
**Due to the times of the photoshoots, I may not bring some of my costumes.

Masquerade - Princess Peach Toadstool

#38 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

View PostIceMasterTouya, on May 11 2008, 12:57 AM, said:

Sooo. Sounds like loads of fun. :3

Few questions, though (Who doesn't?).

1) I am not in the possessing of a sewing machine, so my aunt did the technical work on a lot of my costume. But I was there watching, and I know more about the costume than she does. I even planned out all of the alterations done on it. I just wasn't the one who actually did the alterations. Does this still count as done myself?

2) Couples = groups, yes? And, if a couple enters, can they still be singled out for "best likeness" if they don't win "best group?"

3) Is the basis of this contest, go out in front of assembled, strike a pose, model a little to show correctness of costume, leave? And if we're in a group, how much shenanigans is allowed? :3 (Also, will it cost anything to enter?)

And finally:

4) If we win a category, but can't go to the Masquerade, how will we know that we won? :(

(Although I don't think me or my SO will win, because we don't have the same eye color as our characters, or pretty contacts. ): )

1. No. Not unless she is present to present the costume, you will not be allowed to compete.

2. Yes and yes.

3/ No it doesn't cost anything, you come in, fill out your paperwork, talk to the judges, then leave. Pretty simple. Some shenanigans is allowed. Don't get too crazy.

4. Phone numbers and e-mails. Most likely what will happen is that you will be called before the masquerade so that I can line you up in the green room. You won't know which award you've won until the announcement.

View PostMarin Musica, on May 11 2008, 01:27 PM, said:

So...we just have to show up and get in line?

Pretty much.

#39 User is offline   IceMasterTouya 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18278

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

View PostThatOneChick, on May 11 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

1. No. Not unless she is present to present the costume, you will not be allowed to compete.

2. Yes and yes.

3/ No it doesn't cost anything, you come in, fill out your paperwork, talk to the judges, then leave. Pretty simple. Some shenanigans is allowed. Don't get too crazy.

4. Phone numbers and e-mails. Most likely what will happen is that you will be called before the masquerade so that I can line you up in the green room. You won't know which award you've won until the announcement.

...Well then, looks like I won't be entering. My aunt hates anime, and wouldn't go if I paid her. :'(
Sorry for bothering you.

Coming a little earlier on Friday this year! Woo having fun!

Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

#40 User is offline   Norumu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 68

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

Oh wow. This is kind of depressing. I can't enter either of the cosplay contests. The masquerade requires a Japanese based costume, and the hallway contest requires to fit within the IRT restrictions. (I just planned on wearing my monstrosity outside and in the open hall of the convention center), and my costume fits neither. D: Injustice I say!
Covered in duct tape for the sake of cosplay.

#41 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

I just read the programming schedule and maybe I missed it but I didn't see the Hallway cosplay mentioned. Is it still the place and times posted? Thanks!

Times:
Friday 3-7 and Saturday 11-3

#42 User is offline   Rena-Chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4823

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

ThatOneChick--*gasp* Yay rabies!!! :lol:
Once the first blood is shed, there's no turning back. Loved ones can't be returned, actions can't be taken back, and no words can ever truly say 'sorry' enough. With a past drenched in blood and tomorrow obscured in a dark mist of uncertainty, I find it hard to set goals or make plans for my future--a future I'm not even sure I want to come. " - Weslyn Truce

Thanks for always making ACen so much fun, everyone!!! GOD BLESS!!!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users