Anime Central Forums: Urgent: Group Payment Has Been Disabled - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urgent: Group Payment Has Been Disabled

#1 User is offline   Riker 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17316

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

Hi everyone.

We've discovered a bug in the code that calculates the price of a group. As a result, we have temporarily disabled the ability to pay for a group, effective immediately (1:40 am, 2/26/08). We will be working on this bug tomorrow and will re-enable group payment as soon as humanly possible.

All other registration functions are still available and working, to the best of our knowledge.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Group payment is now back up. See http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showt...mp;gopid=476307 for details.
Riker
Night Shift Dispatcher, IRT
Programmer and Network Tech, IT Dept.
Convention Committee Member, Operations Section

Property of SongstressLenne ♥

Orbis Arangiam Nostram Est

#2 User is offline   blkcat523 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9744

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

View PostRiker, on Feb 26 2008, 01:40 AM, said:

Hi everyone.

We've discovered a bug in the code that calculates the price of a group. As a result, we have temporarily disabled the ability to pay for a group, effective immediately (1:40 am, 2/26/08). We will be working on this bug tomorrow and will re-enable group payment as soon as humanly possible.

All other registration functions are still available and working, to the best of our knowledge.

Is this why when I check out my groups status (already paid via credit card back in Jan) it shows group status: blank (nothing there, when before it said paid)

and when I check my badge status it says Frozen?

I don't mean to panic, because the only email I got says I paid 120 but there's no group number associated with the email and I wanted to get a confirmation stating that the whole group is paid for to pick up our group's badges.
My costumes

"Official dog of the military with the tattoo to prove it!"

Navigator of the Rum Runners Pirate crew

#3 User is offline   Riker 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17316

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

View Postblkcat523, on Feb 26 2008, 10:16 AM, said:

Is this why when I check out my groups status (already paid via credit card back in Jan) it shows group status: blank (nothing there, when before it said paid)

and when I check my badge status it says Frozen?

I don't mean to panic, because the only email I got says I paid 120 but there's no group number associated with the email and I wanted to get a confirmation stating that the whole group is paid for to pick up our group's badges.

Hi blkcat,

The issue which led us to disable group payment is different and unrelated from the issue you're experiencing, although the one you describe is a known issue as well.

If you PM me your group number (or, if you don't have it, group name) I will double-check the status of your group for you. (The issue you're experiencing has to do with how the pages show what's in the database, not the status of the database itself.)
Riker
Night Shift Dispatcher, IRT
Programmer and Network Tech, IT Dept.
Convention Committee Member, Operations Section

Property of SongstressLenne ♥

Orbis Arangiam Nostram Est

#4 User is offline   blkcat523 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9744

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

I pm'ed you earlier today. Thank you for your help in this. I have friends coming from out of town and I don't want to end up waiting in line for badges I paid for already because of a glitch of some sort that is beyond my control.
My costumes

"Official dog of the military with the tattoo to prove it!"

Navigator of the Rum Runners Pirate crew

#5 User is offline   Mystique Angel 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3670

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

Yea, Riker and Rabbi are so good to us!! *huggles*
Assistant Section Chief Programming aka Protector of Staff aka The Lady in Red aka the girl in a corset and radio
"Chastity works better if you don't keep testing it quite so often" - Anita Blake (The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton)
Lovely Lady Neko for the catboys
Video Programming Staff 05-07
Assistant Section Chief Programming 07-10 (Hmm... been doing this a while)

#6 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

Group payment has been re-enabled. Thanks for sticking with us, everyone.

Please note that, if you select a mail-in payment form for group payment, you will be prevented from paying online via credit card on the assumption that you are paying via mail-in form. You will not be prevented from printing out another form and, if you decide to pay online instead, send me a PM and I will reset your group so you are able to pay online.

View PostRiker, on Feb 26 2008, 01:40 AM, said:

Hi everyone.

Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users