• This topic is locked

Quick Question badge status

#1 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Okay. I just checked my badge info and it says paid and hold for mail. I was just wondering if that meant that its all paid and confirmed and the badge is just waiting to be mailed in april or whenever. Sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I just want to make sure everything is fine and dandy.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#2 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

View Postninjaxllama, on Feb 24 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

Okay. I just checked my badge info and it says paid and hold for mail. I was just wondering if that meant that its all paid and confirmed and the badge is just waiting to be mailed in april or whenever. Sorry if it seems like an obvious question, but I just want to make sure everything is fine and dandy.

Thats exactly what it means :lol:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10916

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

I also have a question, (no need for another thread) my badge status says frozen, what does that mean? Is there something I need to do, or will it sort itself out?

#4 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostAttica, on Feb 24 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

I also have a question, (no need for another thread) my badge status says frozen, what does that mean? Is there something I need to do, or will it sort itself out?

A badge status of "frozen" means that something funky happened and we need to make sure nothing else happens to your account while we try to sort it out.

In all probability, you're a member of a group (right? am I psychic yet?). If that's the case, then things will sort themselves out quite shortly. Otherwise, hang on, because our reg team is working on all these cases.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#5 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Feb 24 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

Thats exactly what it means :lol:

Thank you very much. I just wanted to make sure. I'm so excited. May seems like so long from now but the time is going to come so quick.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#6 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17309

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

Any word on what happens when you paid for your registration, and it says frozen, but also says you didn't pay?

#7 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

View Postxness151x, on Feb 26 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

Any word on what happens when you paid for your registration, and it says frozen, but also says you didn't pay?

Let's take this into PMs: send me a PM with the answers to these questions:
Did you pay online or via mail-in payment?
If online, where are you looking to see that it says you didn't pay?
Are you in a group? (If so, which one?)
What's your badge number?
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

#8 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Feb 27 2008, 10:41 AM, said:

Let's take this into PMs: send me a PM with the answers to these questions:
Did you pay online or via mail-in payment?
If online, where are you looking to see that it says you didn't pay?
Are you in a group? (If so, which one?)
What's your badge number?

PM sent.

#9 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

Well uh, apparently that didn't fix the problem...

I attempted to pay again and it froze the account (again), but this time it says that the payment has been sent.

#10 User is offline   Sho Kuzuki 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17455

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:59 AM

My account is having the same problem only mine says that it is paid for.

#11 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

my badge status is also "frozen". Is there anything I need to do on this, or will all be well when I arrive at-con? I registered during the bootstrap thing, but was completely unaware it was happening when I registered (I didn't find out until I tried to register my mother and ran into problems)
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#12 User is offline   xness151x 

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

Well, now it is offering me to pay (and so I did), and now it's saying I paid twice with no discount even ._.)

#13 User is offline   Fate Averruncus 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9968

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:31 AM

My account is also 'frozen', and I know that there were sufficient funds to cover the cost on the credit card. Like Ohki asked, do I have to PM anyone, or do anything? I also apparently registered during the bootstrap thing, without knowing it existed.
I'm also not in a group.
Attending ACen since 2002. :).
Friday and Saturday cosplay: Neinheart from MapleStory

My cosplay.com page | My Deviantart page

#14 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

I sent a PM because my account is frozen as well and I'm not part of a group. I hope to hear more about this soon so I know what my status is. x3
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#15 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Mar 10 2008, 05:24 AM, said:

I sent a PM because my account is frozen as well and I'm not part of a group. I hope to hear more about this soon so I know what my status is. x3

You should have a response to your PM.

To everyone: In the next few days, your accounts should be unfrozen and you should receive an e-mail detailing the situation and its causes. We're working quickly to fix this situation and prevent it from happening in the future, but I need to ask you to hold on a few days and read that e-mail carefully. If, at that time, you have additional questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

#16 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:52 AM

I do have a question that is kind of silly (I guess?)

But what if the email gets sent to my spam box? My spam box usually fills up to 1000+ by the end of the day, so is there are certain name I should be looking for when the email hits me? I don't want to delete it and then realize how important the email was.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#17 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Mar 13 2008, 08:52 AM, said:

I do have a question that is kind of silly (I guess?)

But what if the email gets sent to my spam box? My spam box usually fills up to 1000+ by the end of the day, so is there are certain name I should be looking for when the email hits me? I don't want to delete it and then realize how important the email was.

I have a feeling this one won't be marked as spam, but a quick search for "Anime Central" in the text ought to be an appropriate filter for all the registration e-mails.

#18 User is offline   zandria123 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17517

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

I also have a badge question. I mailed in my payments (for two badges same bank account different envelopes) the second week of feb. and they still have not been cashed, where they lost in the mail?? how long should I wait?

#19 User is offline   setsuna3380 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10731

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

View Postzandria123, on Mar 14 2008, 05:37 PM, said:

I also have a badge question. I mailed in my payments (for two badges same bank account different envelopes) the second week of feb. and they still have not been cashed, where they lost in the mail?? how long should I wait?

"
same here and I haven't got an answer yet (check "just a quick question" forum topic for others)

#20 User is offline   xstrfckrx 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17544

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

Alright, this is rather annoying

I've sent several emails to the registration support help and haven't recieved A SINGLE EMAIL IN RETURN. No, they aren't in my spam folder, they're simply not sent.

My group account is frozen. We paid months ago (back in January) and I cannot for the life of me find out why this is. I've tried everything I could and I'm now resorted to joining the forum to have my questions answered.

Forgive me, I'm just becoming flustered. I understand the huge level this convention is working on and how many customers there are, but I know we paid, because I recieved a confirmation email to that effect and I am now worried that I and my 7 or 8 other group memebers will not be recieving our badges before the convention.

This happened last year as well, and I'm just trying to avoid problems as much as possible.

Is there anything you can offer me in the way of help? I know on the tenth that a post was made that all the accounts would be unfrozen and an email would explain what happened, but it's been a week and I'm afraid no such thing has occured for mine yet and I'm worried.
I'm not your average anime girl.

#21 User is offline   clsnwbrdr616 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6344

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

I too still have not received any word from any staff on the frozen status either (email, PM, or otherwise). I paid as a group back in January. I heard some others getting their badges unfrozen, but my group members' status' still have not changed. I was wondering on the status of the whole "frozen" problem.

Also I never received a confirmation e-mail (it is not in my SPAM boxes) and also there is not a "get confirmation" link anywhere on the registration account pages that I could find for my account. So the only confirmation that I paid is my credit cards statement (which the money was definitely taken out of) and is a frustrating considering the group payment status is blank. Is there any other way I get a confirmation from you guys?

#22 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

I would send a PM to either TheRabbi or Riker with your group badge numbers and they should be able to help you out.

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#23 User is offline   clsnwbrdr616 

• Pip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostFaithful Jello, on Mar 18 2008, 07:21 PM, said:

I would send a PM to either TheRabbi or Riker with your group badge numbers and they should be able to help you out.

I have sent TheRabbi two PMs in the last 2-3 weeks with that info and have not received any response... I guess I'll try Riker. I know you guys are busy and all but this is exactly what happen to me last year. my groups' status was "frozen" last year, but the staff said it was just displaying it wrong on the site and everything would be okay and I would get my badge in the mail, but I never got it last year and had to wait in line for 3-4 hours and pay another $5 on Thursday nite. And this year is the same exact thing, my group's badges are frozen again. I'm trying to be patient, but its just frustrating that the same exact thing has happen to me two years in a row.

I do appreciate the work the staff is doing as they have already fixed many bugs that have been affecting many other users and hope this one doesn't cause them too much trouble, too.

Any other advice (I'll try contacting Riker) would be much appreciate. Thanks. :)

#24 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

View Postclsnwbrdr616, on Mar 18 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

I have sent TheRabbi two PMs in the last 2-3 weeks with that info and have not received any response... I guess I'll try Riker. I know you guys are busy and all but this is exactly what happen to me last year. my groups' status was "frozen" last year, but the staff said it was just displaying it wrong on the site and everything would be okay and I would get my badge in the mail, but I never got it last year and had to wait in line for 3-4 hours and pay another $5 on Thursday nite. And this year is the same exact thing, my group's badges are frozen again. I'm trying to be patient, but its just frustrating that the same exact thing has happen to me two years in a row.

I do appreciate the work the staff is doing as they have already fixed many bugs that have been affecting many other users and hope this one doesn't cause them too much trouble, too.

Any other advice (I'll try contacting Riker) would be much appreciate. Thanks. :)

I saw your PM and I could have sworn I responded to it. In any case, your group's status is 'paid', not 'frozen'. I'm not sure where the disparity is coming from...

#25 User is offline   clsnwbrdr616 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Mar 19 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

I saw your PM and I could have sworn I responded to it. In any case, your group's status is 'paid', not 'frozen'. I'm not sure where the disparity is coming from...

Here's is what I'm seeing on my end (personal info blanked out).
Badge Status
Group Status

Group info page says I paid on 1/31/08, but the group status is blank. And my badge status is frozen (my other group member's badge status is frozen too). This is exactly the same problem I had last year for me and my group, and the staff said everything was okay in the database and the website was just wrong, but we never got our badges in the end. This is the exact same thing happening again to me this year. I'm just worried that if my registration problem is exactly the same as last year, that the out come is going to be exactly the same and me and my group won't get are badges mailed again. I'm sorry if I'm coming of as rude or annoying (I'm not trying to), I'm just trying show you what I see on my pages and what I'm worrying about. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Andrew

#26 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:30 AM

View Postclsnwbrdr616, on Mar 20 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

Here's is what I'm seeing on my end (personal info blanked out).
Badge Status
Group Status

Group info page says I paid on 1/31/08, but the group status is blank. And my badge status is frozen (my other group member's badge status is frozen too). This is exactly the same problem I had last year for me and my group, and the staff said everything was okay in the database and the website was just wrong, but we never got our badges in the end. This is the exact same thing happening again to me this year. I'm just worried that if my registration problem is exactly the same as last year, that the out come is going to be exactly the same and me and my group won't get are badges mailed again. I'm sorry if I'm coming of as rude or annoying (I'm not trying to), I'm just trying show you what I see on my pages and what I'm worrying about. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Thanks for keeping at it and for giving me such great info to go off of, Andrew. I found this bug (it was pretty subtle) and licked it. Your status should show up now.

On the subject of badge mailing, well, I really ask you to have faith in our process this year. We are on track to have those badges out in April, which, as it says on the Giant Reg Questions Sticky Of Doom ™, is when badges will be mailed.

#27 User is offline   clsnwbrdr616 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Mar 23 2008, 02:30 AM, said:

Thanks for keeping at it and for giving me such great info to go off of, Andrew. I found this bug (it was pretty subtle) and licked it. Your status should show up now.

On the subject of badge mailing, well, I really ask you to have faith in our process this year. We are on track to have those badges out in April, which, as it says on the Giant Reg Questions Sticky Of Doom ™, is when badges will be mailed.

It is all good now. Thank you so much! :D I really do appreciate the help and thanks for all the hard work. That is a huge load off my shoulders since I don't have to worry anymore. Thank you again. :D

#28 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

Uh...my badge's status is STILL frozen. I'm also not part of a group... What do I do?
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.

#29 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

View PostOhki, on Mar 31 2008, 06:06 AM, said:

Uh...my badge's status is STILL frozen. I'm also not part of a group... What do I do?

You PM me with your badge number.

#30 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

View PostTheRabbi, on Mar 31 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

You PM me with your badge number.

PM sent =3
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users