Are there any rules or guidelines on PDA? o.o

I don't wanna get kicked out for kissing my friend for pictures. X'D

That would be baaaaaaaad.

I mean I know there shouldn't be anything heavy going on. xD

So yeah.

Anyone? :3
ACen '13 Cosplay:
Still deciding...
I'm friendly! =D If you live in the Libertyville, IL area drop me a PM sometime. If you contact me, lemme know you're from the ACen forums. XD
AIM, YIM = Sweetums128neo
Past Cosplay:
ACen 'o6: None. =[ My first convention~ }}{{ ACen '1o: None...I did dress up in yellow cat girl stuff. o3o

#2 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Just rememeber that this is a family friendly con, and if you would not do it in front of very young kids or your parents you most likely should not be doing it in public where you could be seen and taped and then put up on you tube.

So a little kissing is ok- but like you said nothing heavy.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#3 User is offline   Kyoichi-chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 7298

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

Ah, okay just wanted to clarify. :3

And yeah, I remembered all family-friendly and such that's why I asked. XD

Anyways, thank you for the info. :3
ACen '13 Cosplay:
Still deciding...
I'm friendly! =D If you live in the Libertyville, IL area drop me a PM sometime. If you contact me, lemme know you're from the ACen forums. XD
Past Cosplay:
ACen 'o6: None. =[ My first convention~ }}{{ ACen '1o: None...I did dress up in yellow cat girl stuff. o3o

#4 User is offline   Riker 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17316

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

As a former member of IRT, I can tell you that generally, two people cuddling or lightly kissing -- even a brief but serious hug + kiss situation -- will probably not be a problem. It's the people who hunker down in corners and get their hands under each others' clothes, or people having a long-drawn-out make-out session in the lobby, that will get asked to go to their room. Basically, if you wouldn't do it in the cafeteria in high school, don't do it in public at con.
Riker
Night Shift Dispatcher, IRT
Programmer and Network Tech, IT Dept.
Convention Committee Member, Operations Section

Property of SongstressLenne ♥

Orbis Arangiam Nostram Est

#5 User is offline   OmNefarious_05 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12081

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Remember, there will be Fruits Basket cosplayers there. So watch the PDA with us, we dont need a stampede of animals running around the convention hall now do we?
:P
Acen 2010 cosplay lineup: Byakuya Kuchki- Bleach, Stein- Soul Eater, Luffy- One Piece, Staraptor Gijinka- Pokemon

Twilight fans are the Scourge and Stephanie Meyer is the Lich King

#6 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

*Rini has extreme PDA issues*
I'm an affectionate person.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#7 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

View Postrini, on Mar 14 2008, 10:49 AM, said:

That's ok; feel free to glomp Omnefarious and me. We'll be in Fruba cosplay so you'll get a hug and then a pet.

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

#8 User is offline   The Vagrant Romani 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 14881

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

View PostRiker, on Feb 25 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

As a former member of IRT, I can tell you that generally, two people cuddling or lightly kissing -- even a brief but serious hug + kiss situation -- will probably not be a problem. It's the people who hunker down in corners and get their hands under each others' clothes, or people having a long-drawn-out make-out session in the lobby, that will get asked to go to their room. Basically, if you wouldn't do it in the cafeteria in high school, don't do it in public at con.

its funny you say that. cause in my old jr. high, last year, there were 17 girls pregnant.
know where most of the sex that got them pregnant was?

IN THE CAFETERIA!

yep.
they had to ban skirts from the school.
----------------------------------------------------

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
My Myspace
♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

"Hope Dies Last"

#9 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

normally, I go with the rule don't do anything you wouldn't want your parents to see. If your going to be kissing your friend for a photo shoot, thats fine, but don't overdo it by going int; mad make out mouth sex. if thats your plan, please find either a spot at a park away from the con or in your room.
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#10 User is offline   DesertLily 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7171

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

View PostRiker, on Feb 26 2008, 02:31 AM, said:

Hahaha....but registration lines aren't safe.

ACEN '06 I got stuck behind a couple that was making out the entire time in line. And I was in that line for 3 hours.

THREE HOURS OF WATCHING TWO PEOPLE MAKE OUT SHAMELESSLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

In other words, PDA is fine, just use your best judgment, unlike these two congoers.

#11 User is offline   MewChan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10318

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

I don't think there was anything that WASN'T done in my high school cafeteria...x_x

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

i will being doing some pda's with my love, and then she will slap me for doing it in public. but oh well it's so worth it
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#13 User is offline   DesertLily 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7171

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

View PostMewChan, on Apr 4 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

I don't think there was anything that WASN'T done in my high school cafeteria...x_x

Don't even go there...I can think up some things that I guarantee did not happen in your cafeteria, hahaha.

But yeah. For the first time since my boyfriend and I have been going to cons together, we'll actually be doing a couple cosplay, so it'll be nice to kiss and not look completely ridiculous, hahaha. Well, Acen '06 we were Ichigo and Orihime, except that he was wearing a full hollow mask....that didn't work too well for me.

#14 User is offline   xstrfckrx 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17544

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

I would watch the hook ups, too. It's all good to take the hot and heavy to your room, but don't do what I did and find out he's actually married AFTERWARDS >.<

Though, I think it's funny that PDA is a problem some years when last year there were several people with cardboard clouds covering their goodies and nothing else....hmmm.

food for thought.
I'm not your average anime girl.

#15 User is offline   Bettachi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10276

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Yea, take it to the hotel room, it makes us single people jealous. :(

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of people in our hotel room, so our rule on sex is...no sex unless you're in the shower with the water running while nobody is in the room. Almost takes the fun out of trying lol
Leader and (so far) only member of the infamous Kiriyama Kult.
Cosplay List
Previous Cosplays: Uchiha Itachi, Gaara, HnJ Tsunade-Naruto, Umehito Nekozawa-Ouran High School Host Club
Kiriyama Kazuo-Battle Royale (Manga), Harima Kenji-School Rumble
Anime Central 2013- PoH, Sword Art Online
Top Floor Survivor of the ACen Embassy Fire of 2010.

#16 User is offline   Kyoichi-chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 7298

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Mm...I'll try not to. XD It'll be fun and such. ;3 Thanks!

Remember, there will be Fruits Basket cosplayers there. So watch the PDA with us, we dont need a stampede of animals running around the convention hall now do we?

Oh HELL. I'm gonna hunt all the fruba guys and hug 'em. <3 They should have little plushies of themselves so then they can set the plushies down pretending they all got transformed. -brick'd- xD Never mind meee~

Lulz, I know your pain. D: -hugs her friends massivly on a daily basis-

its funny you say that. cause in my old jr. high, last year, there were 17 girls pregnant.
know where most of the sex that got them pregnant was?

IN THE CAFETERIA!

yep.
they had to ban skirts from the school.

Woooooooow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, woooow

o-o

normally, I go with the rule don't do anything you wouldn't want your parents to see. If your going to be kissing your friend for a photo shoot, thats fine, but don't overdo it by going int; mad make out mouth sex. if thats your plan, please find either a spot at a park away from the con or in your room.

XD I won't go into mad make-out sex. I'm gonna have to get used to holding kisses for photos as it is. XDD

Hahaha....but registration lines aren't safe.

ACEN '06 I got stuck behind a couple that was making out the entire time in line. And I was in that line for 3 hours.

THREE HOURS OF WATCHING TWO PEOPLE MAKE OUT SHAMELESSLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

In other words, PDA is fine, just use your best judgment, unlike these two congoers.

LULZ. I'm sorry. XD

I would watch the hook ups, too. It's all good to take the hot and heavy to your room, but don't do what I did and find out he's actually married AFTERWARDS >.<

Though, I think it's funny that PDA is a problem some years when last year there were several people with cardboard clouds covering their goodies and nothing else....hmmm.

food for thought.

I don't do the hookup. XD I've got a guy that I'll be going home to. ('m not with him, I'm just crushin' hard XD)

I'll probably flirt like crazy. I enjoyed in 06 running up to random cute guys and asking for hugs. =3

Yea, take it to the hotel room, it makes us single people jealous.

Unfortunately, there will be a lot of people in our hotel room, so our rule on sex is...no sex unless you're in the shower with the water running while nobody is in the room. Almost takes the fun out of trying lol

XDDD Lmfao nice. I probably will. ;3
ACen '13 Cosplay:
Still deciding...
Past Cosplay:

#17 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'll throw my $0.02 into this: PDA, in my opinion, is almost always frowned upon. I'm not talking about a hug or a brief kiss on the lips for couples. I'm talking about that: "Eiy got mai tung dwn ur thr0t-LOL!" stuff. I know you say you're not going to do this, but it's been my general observation that hot & heavy usually makes people go, "eww." It's like standing sex or something. ^^; I have never seen PDA at conventions ever appreciated, unless it was cosplay shock value related. So, if you're going to do it for cosplay, you'd be better appreciated if you kept it modest.

This actually puts me in mind of ACen scandals of old. Once upon a time at ACen 2000, there were these two cosplayer girls who decided to get it on (I'm talking about pratically humping each other on a table) after the Masquerade in front of a huge group of people. While the men-folk were getting off on it, most everyone else in the room was going, "OMFG, NO!" It's just bad form, really. Who knows what inspired them but I can tell you, most observers--especially IRT--had to tell them to break it up. I'll never forget the former Masquerade Emcee, Isaac Sher, coming up and telling them to break it up for decency's sake. So they did for like two seconds....then jumped right back ontop of each other. >.>
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users