Anime Central Forums: You Should Have To Take A Test To Use A Cell Phone With Additonal Features - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

You Should Have To Take A Test To Use A Cell Phone With Additonal Features stupid people who buy phones and complain because they can't use t

#1 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Post icon  Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:16 AM

I work at t-mobile and people act stupid all the freaking time on the calls, like texting is stupid whats the point of it...you have a sidekick sir...it's the main point and if your at a meeting it's very useful...

i mean the worst things i get is

1. I know what i'm talking about it's not my phone it's your service..................and then i tell him to turn his phone off and on.....because they never do........then it magically works........do you keep your tv and pc on 24/7, no! they would run slow so guess what else does???..................or this phone won't turn on............press the red button............."but green means go?"...........WHAT??????????? it's a phone!!!............or my text won't work.........did you send it with one and the area code?....... why would i?........maybe because there are millions of number and the computers get confused.....................but what about i can't use a feature, the phone is broke....... instead of blaming the phone let me tell you how to really use it lady!!!!!!!!!!!

2. a soft reset on the sidekick, a sign in clear and flash clear, require the pressing of 3 buttons at once.................oh but god forbid a customer press 3 buttons at one time!!! oh how can you do it @,1, and 0? menu shift and r, menu shift and x??? you have 2 hands use them!!!!!

3. what is the at sign????? the a with the circle around it...you said alt...no sir i said at...like when you write a e-mail, why do you think sir you say username at aol or yahoo .com
but only put @

4. if you drop your phone in a sewer...don't yell at me about how i should replace it, or if you drop it and buttons break, or you decide it wants to go swimming in orange juice........and then don't get you daddy and mommy when your 18 to also yell and ask for my sup, because either way it voids the warranty. logically speaking we will replace you phone if we messed up, if it is a flaw, but if you run over it, i hope you bought insurance.

5. if you bought any phone that didn't work...mostly a motorola slide or razr...then guess what? it wasn't me or anyone i work with, it was motorola going over seas for cheap labor...wait we replaced it and you want different phone because we sent you another defective one...NO...you should of looked at what you were buying, what company lets you switch a tv to another model, or a digital camera??? and i would only give you one of equal price if you qualify for it, not a sidekick lx for a freaking motorola razr v3 06??? and why blame me, you don't blame yahoo for computer issues or insight for tv issues, we give the service not the product we sent you nothing!!!

but what tops it, if a phone won't turn on but with another battery it did, or dropped called happened in 2 phones, but not with the another sim card............that would be a battery exchange or a sim exchange...and yet every one wants a new phone........so in conclusion...........i think you need to take a test for each feature you want to see if you can use it or even qualify for a phone, and the test will tell you what phone you can have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't use a camera or internet or myfaves or speaker phone or mp3 player or fm radio or flip or slide a phone or a memory card or picture messaging or e-mail or any thing beside a text...then i got the best phone for you the nokia 2610 aka the house phone redone as a cheap plastic cell phone!!!!!!!!!! god i got 5 sup calls in 3 days but only 1 made it to a sup, because the others gave up within there lies and hung up while one hold!!!

every one should take a freaking test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh if you got this far and read all this and if any one has t-mobile and i get you, if you start talkng about anime i'll give bonus minutes... really doesn't matter, i can't give them out to people i know, but i know no one here by name, but if you ask what up, i say not much, and you say just watching an anime...then hey i might just love anime and give 200 minutes out...y...because i'm cool like that!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#2 User is offline   Cousin Ichigo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9385

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

lol i dont want free mins i us sprint but anyways this reminds me of having to yell at my mom for like screaming at the sprint kiosk / radio shack people...like "stop yelling at them they didnt make the retarded phone that hates us its not their fault company policy is retarded and you're forced to extend your contract by two years everytime you do anything even slightly relating to sprint its just their job their only doing what the company tells them to."

#3 User is offline   ~The Joker~ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17142

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:37 AM

Honestly, after reading this, I can completely understand what you're saying, but sadly it's like driving. People still take teh test, pass, get a license, but are STILL stupid on the road. You can give them the test, they can pass, only to fail in holding up to as "smart" as they seemed in the test. BUT that's just my view, though it would definatley help keep things in check.
IT'S A TRAP
Friday - Sephiroth
Saturday - Psycho Mantis
Sunday - Mantis or Sephy x.x

#4 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

I like very plain and basic phones with no features.

I dislike flashy or expensive phones as I usually break them. So Give me a 5 dollar refurbished and I am good to go :)
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#5 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:05 PM

View PostKasin, on Feb 7 2008, 02:16 AM, said:

I work at t-mobile... if you start talkng about anime i'll give bonus minutes...

I've been with T-Mobile since it was VoiceStream.

Anime, anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime. :lol:

Is TM ever going to start using Samsungs that aren't as cheap and basic as Nokias?

Respect
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#6 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Dude, you post LOOOOOONG topics. I'm gonna be honest, I didn't read all of it...but I do have something to say...

Customers are stupid. Nuff said. I thought all the idiots only came to my job.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#7 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:46 PM

i like my tmobile... and with every new toy you spend a few hours learning all the new features... i think it took me like 2 days to figure out how to work my new phone... i still havent quite figured out how to put music on it yet... but im not complaining i need to get a memory card for it first so im in no hurry :-D

and anime anime....

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#8 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

I'm not with T-Mobile anymore....but I like anime! :) I switched to Nextel about three and a half years ago after two years with T-Mobile (and then slid over to the Sprint side last May).

I totally agree with you though. There are some stupid and some crazy people out there. When my now ex-bf and I left T-Mobile and went to Nextel he goes and gets the phone that is MILITARY RATED for indestructability (I get the Michael Waltrip phone cuz I'm special :D ), and can you believe it the moron managed to break the damn thing!? And when he did I asked how...oh it wasn't running over it with the Contour...it wasn't running over it with the TOW TRUCK (not kidding!)...it wasn't chucking it at the wall to scare the crap out of the cats. Nope. It was dropping it out of his pocket from about two feet in the air while raising the lift at UTI. Kid you not.

Me, back in May I managed to get a brand new Motorola Razr V3M for $25 after the rebate because I'd had the same phone since we signed with Nextel, dang near three full years. They couldn't believe I wanted to switch phones cuz the lady at the store was amazed at what good condition my phone was in. Well gee, it was my Mikey phone, it got babied! Had it's own nice little knitted cozy and everything. Oh which reminds me....still gotta knit up a cozy for the new phone (it's got a nice hard plastic cover but it still needs a cozy because I'm a knitter and that's what us crazy knitters do)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

whats a cell phone?
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#10 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

View PostDave, on Feb 7 2008, 07:05 PM, said:

I've been with T-Mobile since it was VoiceStream.

Anime, anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime,anime. :lol:

Is TM ever going to start using Samsungs that aren't as cheap and basic as Nokias?

Respect

i feel like a geek but yes, they have gone with nano technology, they have the katalyst, the beat, the blast, and the 819

and for music...once you get the card open the removeable disk drive in my computer click the mp3 file and drag it over it will copy...

and i have to get you guys on the phone?!?!?!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#11 User is offline   tsukareta_lua 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4432

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:23 AM

UGH The same could be said about people who try to use the Self Check Outs at work (Jewel)

But before I got into that, I know that sometimes the Self Checkout sucks. I work with them and use them too. Sometimes they don't work right. They're just machines though. And usually, you can fix the problem easily. And I know that not everyone likes them, even the smart ones ^_^ But what gets to me are the ones that are extremely impatient, hopeless ignorant fools, and the plain rude costumers.

I don't think certain old people should use them either >_> Sometimes technology surpasses certain people... And they get so mad too XD

I just seriously think some people need an I.Q. test before using the self checkout. It's just so frustrating. Sometimes I wish I could tell them "Well, maybe you shouldn't use them." Not to offend them, half the time. But I think it's true. That and "well, it's tricky and you just need some true patience for them."

But that's okay, because tomorrow is my last day at Jewel for I have a new job!

#12 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:40 PM

View PostKasin, on Feb 8 2008, 01:20 AM, said:

i feel like a geek but yes, they have gone with nano technology, they have the katalyst, the beat, the blast, and the 819

Hmmm. All pop-out candy bars. I've grown to prefer the clamshells. That t439 looks pretty good tho.

Thanks
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#13 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

View Posttsukareta_lua, on Feb 8 2008, 02:23 AM, said:

UGH The same could be said about people who try to use the Self Check Outs at work (Jewel)

But before I got into that, I know that sometimes the Self Checkout sucks. I work with them and use them too. Sometimes they don't work right. They're just machines though. And usually, you can fix the problem easily. And I know that not everyone likes them, even the smart ones ^_^ But what gets to me are the ones that are extremely impatient, hopeless ignorant fools, and the plain rude costumers.

I don't think certain old people should use them either >_> Sometimes technology surpasses certain people... And they get so mad too XD

I just seriously think some people need an I.Q. test before using the self checkout. It's just so frustrating. Sometimes I wish I could tell them "Well, maybe you shouldn't use them." Not to offend them, half the time. But I think it's true. That and "well, it's tricky and you just need some true patience for them."

But that's okay, because tomorrow is my last day at Jewel for I have a new job!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it confuses the hell out of some people.............i mean text messaging you type the message, pick the person and push send...simple! but i have so many people saying i don't know how to do that stuff, to advanced for me!!!!

#14 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:18 PM

Heh. I feel for ya.

I work at a theater and people get really confused at our concession. We've got this combo called the "clip picks" which is just basically three extra small items of your choice for $7.50. But for some reason people think its anything off the menu and that we should know what 3 items they want. You have to tell me what you want! Don't just dump 2 candies on the counter and ask for an icee for the clip pick and then expect popcorn comes with it. Thats not how it works.

Or when we are trying to close one of the side concessions (which closes earlier than our main one) and we haul a big butt "CLOSED" sign out. People walk right past it and when I'm doing closing duties they ask if we are open. The sign is right next to them and when I tell them that we are in fact close they look at me like I'm crazy.

And then theres people who think I can sell them tickets after we are sold out. Or this movie starts at this time but the paper said this. We don't print the paper lady..

One woman actually asked me how to get out of the bathroom x.x

There are too many stupid people in this world. They should have to take a test just to leave the house e.e
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#15 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostDoggeh, on Feb 9 2008, 02:18 PM, said:

Heh. I feel for ya.

I work at a theater and people get really confused at our concession. We've got this combo called the "clip picks" which is just basically three extra small items of your choice for $7.50. But for some reason people think its anything off the menu and that we should know what 3 items they want. You have to tell me what you want! Don't just dump 2 candies on the counter and ask for an icee for the clip pick and then expect popcorn comes with it. Thats not how it works.

Or when we are trying to close one of the side concessions (which closes earlier than our main one) and we haul a big butt "CLOSED" sign out. People walk right past it and when I'm doing closing duties they ask if we are open. The sign is right next to them and when I tell them that we are in fact close they look at me like I'm crazy.

And then theres people who think I can sell them tickets after we are sold out. Or this movie starts at this time but the paper said this. We don't print the paper lady..

One woman actually asked me how to get out of the bathroom x.x

There are too many stupid people in this world. They should have to take a test just to leave the house e.e

some one once asked me why i sent her a messed up phone...she had it since 2006...and never turned it off once...i think the school systems have to get a tad bit better...because people are...technologically challenge

#16 User is offline   GaaraFreak 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3939

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:18 PM

Hahahaha, customer's are stupid. I work in retail (Shopko, for those of you who know what that is) and we get some of the stupidest people come through there ~_~ Don't get me started on them cause I'll just be angry for the rest of the night XP
But my ex and I went to the Verizion store once so he could exchange his phone for a new one, and we got behind this lady who was practically yelling at the employee cause her phone's battery didn't last as long as it said it would on the box.. and spent 10 minutes trying to get him to admit that she was right and he was wrong :rolleyes:

#17 User is offline   Cousin Ichigo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9385

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

I work at burger king and we have this daily special thing were you can get one of the specials of the day for 99 cents (wed its a whopper) per reg priced item you buy (1 regular item 1 special, 2 reg. items 2 specials) this is clearly stated on the poster for the specials but aparently it is a very hard concept to wrap a persons head around...
and then there was the lady who screamed at me because it was extra to get cheese on here whopper (she got i for 1.40 when its normally like 3.00...) like as she walked out slammed open the door and screamed "you should really tell people when things are extra" at the top of her lungs...that day was annoying

#18 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Im not surprised that there are so many stupid people using cell phones, just look at our society today. :blink: People seem to be more worried about their looks and becoming successful than having electronics know-how, IMHO.

I use one of the most basic phones from T-Mobile (doesnt even have a camera), and it suits my purposes, but Ive been eyeing some of the more expensive ones, because I know how to use them.

Did I mention I love anime? I do, really. :heart:
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#19 User is offline   Myrddin 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10167

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

I also work in a movie theater, but I ususally work in the booth/projection. I have to deal with all the complaints from the sound being too loud/quiet to something that quits working on the projector. It gets really frustrating for us when guests notice something is wrong with a movie, but doesn't say anything til the end of it. And then demand free passes to come back. Maybe its just me, but I would rather miss a few minutes than be annoyed at some flaw during the entire movie.

I am so glad I work in the booth though. I used to work on the main floor and I can tell you that I would not be working at the theater if I was still on the floor. Problems with the movies and concession happen, sometimes we have control over it and sometimes we don't. Some people are really good about it and others become crazy over little things. I hate it when we are busy and guests get made at the employees for the long lines, especially if they are running late for their movie. Its not our fault you showed up for a 7:30 show at 7:35.

Some guests believe they are more important than the other guests too. I was working at ticket taker and one movie was doing really well. It had a really long line of people waiting to go in. This guest comes up to me and demands to be let in. I told her she has to wait in line. She yells at me, "I am NOT going to wait in that line." Yes, because they were smart and got here early, they should be penalized by letting all the late people in first.

One incident that really bothered me was something that happened when I was cleaning bathrooms. I was washing the mirror over the sink when these 2 teenagers come up to wash their hands. Of all things they could possibly talk about, what did I hear them say? I had to listen to them talk about how they never have to clean the bathrooms at home because they have maids who do it for them. What the heck?

#20 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

Another who shares my pain of working at a theater! I can't stand concession for the very reason that people are extremely picky about there food. People want fresh popcorn and so I take the already full bag, dump it in the popper (can't waste food!), and refill it. They then proceed to freak because some of the non-fresh popcorn got mixed in with the fresh stuff. Its not like its cold or anything...we do keep it on a warmer people.

Cleaning bathrooms is the greatest, isnt it? x.x I usually get the problem where I clean and 5 seconds later one of my coworkers tells me to check it cause its apparently dirty again. I go in and its spotless.

Reason why I love box office though. They got a complaint...I just send them off to guest services. I only have problems with whiney 15 year olds because I wont let them in to an R rated movie and the God forsaken movie passes that Costco sells. People don't pay attention to the restrictions on back.

And if Hannah Montana comes back for another weekend I think I'll lose my mind XD
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#21 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

My friend worked in a movie theater and it was a cake walk. You guys must live around pricks.
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#22 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

I was actually happy today!!! there was a new york outage for sidekick!!! so all day I said sorry outage i can't fix it...have you tried turning it off and on...it was fun!

finally revenge...except one...she had to do a sim swap...said there was no dealer near her...she was real mean...so i asked if she lived by a wal-mart...she said yes and i said great there a dealer too go do a sim swap there...she hung up...................unfortunate there only so much ts i'm not a god...if it don't work then try using another one.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users