Anime Central Forums: Some Clarification Needed On The Metal Rule...like All The Other Topics.... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some Clarification Needed On The Metal Rule...like All The Other Topics.... Blood Berry beam katana-No mOre heroes

#1 User is offline   mrhoohaa777 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10914

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

So would a prop that has a metal hilt (force fx light saber) not be allowed? I don't plan on holding the blade and flailing it around...also

There's an antenna attachment. If i had a metal antenna attached to it (thin, like an RC antenna) is that no good? I'll try to find a picture or a link to a picture of what I plan on bringing.

Posted Image
Hello. Pleased to meet you. That's it.

#2 User is offline   Rurounotaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9477

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

I have the same concern, too. I'm thinking of bringing a homemade lightsaber (handle only, no blades) as part of my cosplay. But it's also metallic, so would this be permissive in this con?

If not, I guess I'll bring my $19.99 plastic powered lightsabers instead.

#3 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:02 PM

While I am not IRT, if it is just a hilt by itself I don't think it would cause problems. However I can't speak to the first one as based on the picture provided it seems questionable.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#4 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

View Postmrhoohaa777, on Feb 7 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

So would a prop that has a metal hilt (force fx light saber) not be allowed? I don't plan on holding the blade and flailing it around...also

There's an antenna attachment. If i had a metal antenna attached to it (thin, like an RC antenna) is that no good? I'll try to find a picture or a link to a picture of what I plan on bringing.

Posted Image

Metal hilts are not considered "live steel" unless they have blade, blade-like, spike, spike-like, edge, or edge-like qualities to them.

If the antenna was truly recognizable as an RC antenna, you would be fine. The one in the picture looks awfully pointy, though...

View PostRurounotaku, on Feb 11 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

I have the same concern, too. I'm thinking of bringing a homemade lightsaber (handle only, no blades) as part of my cosplay. But it's also metallic, so would this be permissive in this con?

If not, I guess I'll bring my $19.99 plastic powered lightsabers instead.

Once again, hilts are okay. In this case, since lightsabres are pretty much round, you'd have to have a metal one like Exar Kun's with spiky bits near the edges in order to break the rules.

Hope this helps.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users