#91 User is offline   shamurai7 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Suspended
  • Member No.: 9612

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

hmmm cosplay progress...

okay mugen is 100% done (champloo)
spike spiegal is 85% done (need to style the wig)
kiseke urahara is 50 % done (i have sword, shoes and wig...need to make outfit this weekend)...update 85% done now!!!

will be wearing all three see you all there!!
myspace
me'n my cat spore
me'n fuus 2007
sleeping mugen hotel room

will be going as spike, kiseke urahara, and mugen!!! fri sat sun

#92 User is offline   Alchemyempress 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17674

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

Hmm, Acen wil be my first con I've ever gone to, and I'm cosplaying as the loveable and short (hears someone yell dont' call me short! and ducks the incoming full gallon of milk) edward elric, but I feel that it's been way over used. Not that ed and Al aren't great characters to cosplay, but, I don't want to feel like I'm copying anyone, anyone have an advice for me?

Chemy

#93 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

View PostAlchemyempress, on Apr 2 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

Hmm, Acen wil be my first con I've ever gone to, and I'm cosplaying as the loveable and short (hears someone yell dont' call me short! and ducks the incoming full gallon of milk) edward elric, but I feel that it's been way over used. Not that ed and Al aren't great characters to cosplay, but, I don't want to feel like I'm copying anyone, anyone have an advice for me?

Chemy

There's bound to be duplicate cosplays at anime conventions, especially at ones as big as ACen, and especially if it's a popular show. My personal opinion: if you like the character and truly want to cosplay him, do it. You'll probably be bound to get some compliments, and it's no big deal. I'm doing Sakura from Cardcaptors, and there'll probably be another one as well, but that's not stopping me. :lol:
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#94 User is offline   Alchemyempress 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17674

Post icon  Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Apr 2 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

There's bound to be duplicate cosplays at anime conventions, especially at ones as big as ACen, and especially if it's a popular show. My personal opinion: if you like the character and truly want to cosplay him, do it. You'll probably be bound to get some compliments, and it's no big deal. I'm doing Sakura from Cardcaptors, and there'll probably be another one as well, but that's not stopping me. :lol:

Thanks, I feel better now. I won't be the best ed though, I don't really have long enough hair, but hey Ed didn't have long hair through the entire series huh!

#95 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

View PostAlchemyempress, on Apr 2 2008, 01:29 PM, said:

Chemy

I'm gonna be Ed too I don't care how many more there are he 's my fav character! :lol: I kinda felt that way last year when I first cosplayed Ed. I thought it was so over done no one would even notice me but that wasn't the case I got lots of compliments and pics and even glomped. I'm sure you will too. There is alway someone out there who loves Ed and will like your costume. New and younger people are tuning into the series all the time. So just go for it and I know you'll have fun

View PostAlchemyempress, on Apr 2 2008, 03:29 PM, said:

Thanks, I feel better now. I won't be the best ed though, I don't really have long enough hair, but hey Ed didn't have long hair through the entire series huh!

No cosplay is ever perfact. I know I won't be the best Ed there cause my wig sucks and I don't have any money for a new one so I just gotta work with what I got. It's all about have fun.
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#96 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16806

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

YES! ED IS AWESOME!! if i still had long hair, i would totally be Winry again. maybe i'll get a wig, but that seems lame since my hair is already blonde....hmmm....
CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%
The Witch (Left 4 Dead) ~ 100%
Kyoko Sakura (Maho Shojo Madoka Magica) ~ 30%

#97 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

Whew! Feeling a little better about my own cosplays; Sakura's now 50% done! Got the gloves, black tights, the dress altered, and the leg ribbon-thingy. Now all I need is to make the wand (that'll be my favorite part), the cape, the ribbon clasp that fastens the cape, black lycra shorts and the horns.

R. Dorothy's still a bit of a problem. Need the wig, white face makeup, some good black shoes, and the dress. I'm making the brooch this weekend, but I hope that's not the ONLY thing that'll be finished by May...
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#98 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

My cosplay is almost done. Most of it is just random clothes from my closet, but they still work together to make a dang good SNJ Kakashi. And I still have my handmade headband and such put away. All I really need to work on is remaking my mask since I can't find my original one from last year.

But my problem currently with my costume is trying to get the kunai holster I made to stay on my leg. Anyone have any suggestions about how I should do that? I'm thinking about safety pins, since with the mulitple layers of fabric I have for the holster should hide the pins. The only downside to that is connecting them with my pants (since I'm not going to wear my skirt again), because I don't want to put a lot of pinholes in the fabric.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#99 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

View PostAshori, on Apr 3 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

My cosplay is almost done. Most of it is just random clothes from my closet, but they still work together to make a dang good SNJ Kakashi. And I still have my handmade headband and such put away. All I really need to work on is remaking my mask since I can't find my original one from last year.

But my problem currently with my costume is trying to get the kunai holster I made to stay on my leg. Anyone have any suggestions about how I should do that? I'm thinking about safety pins, since with the mulitple layers of fabric I have for the holster should hide the pins. The only downside to that is connecting them with my pants (since I'm not going to wear my skirt again), because I don't want to put a lot of pinholes in the fabric.

Ooh, I had this same problem when doing the leg ribbon thing that goes around Sakura's leg in this costume! ---> http://www.animegall....net/img/110713

See it? Now here's what I did. I started out with the first piece of ribbon that was going to be the circle part (I made the bow separately, and it'll come up again later). If you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you or some other place that sells this, you can get a packet of Velcro strips (it usually comes in pairs: one fuzzy strip and one burr-like strip), and they're typically long enough to go around the leg, if not longer than that. Also, get some Velcro adhesive or something similarly strong.

I took that first piece of ribbon and glued the burr-like strip to the back of it. (and at this point it's still flat). After it dried I made the bow/star combo and put that on the front of it. Then, I took the fuzzy-like strip and made it into a circlet for my leg (the method I used was sewing jewelry attachments to the ends, like you'd find on necklaces or bracelets, taking care so that when I fastened it, the fuzzy part would be facing out and not on my skin). Now all I have to do is fasten the fuzzy strip to my leg, then "wrap" the ribbon around the Velcro! :lol:

Of course, your situation is a little different; for one thing I couldn't sew the Velcro to the ribbon without ripping up the ribbon or otherwise making it look bad, which was why I used adhesive. For yours you could probably sew it right on. If your kunai holster has some sort of band at the back you can attach a Velcro strip to, then you can either use the method I did or, if the fabric of your pants is as such that Velcro would easily stick to it, then forego using the fuzzy strip and attach it directly to your pants.

Hopefully that helped! :lol:

#100 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

i've almost finished my Misa Amane cosplay, but i don't feel good about it. i bought most of it, in fact the only part i actually made was the Death Note. as for my Saya cosplay, i can't get a hold of the person who's supost to make it, and i don't want to buy the wig until i know i can have the costume for sure. as for Envy, i'm still not sure about the hair.....but i'll figure it out!!
CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%

#101 User is offline   Zingin 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17723

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

Hehe, Im ordering the costumes, *already made* soon. Other than that i have to finish my Ninja shoes, and make clay birds.
Ima going as Deidara from naruto and Yuffie *Kingdom Hearts Version*

Deidara: 25% done - still need cloak, shoes, eye piece, wig and headband*just ordered* And gotta make clay birds @.@

Yuffie: Have to start working, only thing i have right now is the fishnet armbands. @.@ I have to work fast!

#102 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Oh man, where to start...

Relm Arrowny [FF6] - Im basing it mostly off the Amano artwork. This is pretty much done, cept for the paintbrush prop that I need to sand and paint. I might add some beads here and there and change up the turban a bit.

Axel [KHII] - redid the wig. Made it fuller and added a more accurate hairline. Have to fix some spikes. chakrams need some revamping, big time. Coat is almost done.

Anbu Kakashi [Naruto] - not sure if Im even going to have time to wear it, but it only needs minor things, like pouches and whatever props I need. Oh, and I still have to buy and style a wig

Omatsurishi Rikku [FFX-2 Last Mission] - painting is pretty much done. Need to do hems and sleeves. I need to find some plastic fish too.

Rukia [Bleach] - doing the shinigami outfit since I have it made. Wig is styled. Only thing left is to finish up the zanpakuto.

Urahara Kisuke - Just need to fix up my Benihime.

..and there's 2 more costumes.

hope I didnt miss anything. :blink:
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#103 User is offline   GenericDreamers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 586

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:26 AM

My tentative plans. I may switch out for more old costumes if i suffer a time crunch ( I probably will)

Nozomu: Just gotta hack some somewhat realistic looking sandals and pattern the top

Dio: Finished the Jacket.

Zero: ugh... haven't even started. still brainstorming on how to do the mask

Sephy: collecting dust.
ACEN 2011 PHOTOS
My personal site
My Deviantart
MySpace
Facebook

2010 Costumes
Ronove (Umineko) || Kamui Gackpo - Magnet ver. (Vocaloid) || Grave Robber (Repo!) || Brief (Panty & Stocking)

#104 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

I AM SO CLOSE!!! At least with my staff. XD BUT LOOK

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1470201/
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#105 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

Simon (TTGL) - Just have three hems to sew on the jacket, then it's done. Also need to make the pants, find boots & make boot covers.... style the wig, and make the goggles. Currently 69% finished.

Lambo (KHR) - Haven't done anything for him since my last post. So, make the black jacket, style the wig, find tan pants, and apply wonderflex to my horns. :)
Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#106 User is offline   Shasi~ 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6668

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Alright, it's going..okay.
Haruko - 95% finished, just need to secure the wig and finish the bracelet!
Canti - 30% finished, I still have so much more to do.
Mystery costume - 80% finished, I'm very excited about this one! :)
COSPLAYYYYY
THIS YEAR
Haruko
???
LAST YEAR
Suzumiya Haruhi: SPACE ADMIRAL!!
ME-tan!
www.myspace.com/cabbageduel

#107 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

View PostShasi~, on Apr 5 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Alright, it's going..okay.
Haruko - 95% finished, just need to secure the wig and finish the bracelet!
Canti - 30% finished, I still have so much more to do.
Mystery costume - 80% finished, I'm very excited about this one! :)

YAY FOR CANTI!!! :heart:
CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%

#108 User is offline   miados 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17681

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

well i am pretty sure i will be done when acen comes if not thought i will use the one i wore at youmacon after all its my first acen so its not exactly cosplay repeating.
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

#109 User is offline   Drensik 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10391

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

Kimono (Friday) - 100%, my mom bought me the kimono, so there really wasn't much for me to do...
Cat girl (Saturday) - 75%, I just started on my dress and can't find shoes, but everything else is either finished or just needs a little adjustment or two..oh, and I haven't dyed my hair yet, of course
School girl (Sunday) - 100%, I think...it's not really a hard costume to pull together heh

Looking at it that way is a lot more comforting than just thinking about it haha....I've been terrified since the moment I realized there was less than 40 days left, especially since I've never sewn a dress before...
2013 Cosplay: Huntress Wizard (Adventure Time)

#110 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

Not only do I have an emergency Schoolgirl Makoto to make, but I have to help my friend with her Selphie. I'll be busy.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#111 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Sewed together the bulk of Mori's uniform jacket! I need to attach the sleeves, and then the jacket will have to be put on hold until I can get some lining. But once I do that much, I'll get started on Honey's jacket. That one should move more quickly since it's a lot smaller. <3
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#112 User is offline   I`Ichi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17746

Post icon  Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Oh boy. . . :huh:

Tai(Digimon) - Need to buy the gloves and goggles, and hem the shorts. 76% done.

Sora(Digimon) - The wig just came, yay! All I need is those gloves... 99.99% done.

Pikachu(Pokemon) - Just started glueing the ears on the headband, I just need the wig(Maybe) and design the outfit. 35% done.

Overall, I'M NOT READY! :blink: :o I need to remind myself to go to goodwill to find some stuff!

EDIT: Also, Hikari/Dawn from Pokemon, but I'm 0% done and most likely WON'T be done by then. :<

This post has been edited by I`Ichi: 11 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Costumes wearing for Acen `08:
Taichi/Tai-Digimon 01
Sora- Digimon 01
Pikachu- Pokemon

Costumes for Acen `09!

Pikachu V2 - Pokemon
Sora- Digimon 01
-Still need to decide the rest-

#113 User is offline   Kollsvein 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17835

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

Opera Vectra From Star Ocean 2 : Second Evolution, minus her Kaleidoscope gun because I can not take it on the plane.

#114 User is offline   navigated 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 16822

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

Well, Nice is finished. It's weird though that I got a wig of a hair cut that I had for a good deal of my life, but I digress.
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/103508/

Black Mold is almost done, just need to add some stuff to the skirt, which currently is just a chunk of fabric since I took the side seam out.
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/107367/

Viral is still kind of at a standstill. I've got my wig, which is start, I haven't actually styled it yet, but that's just adding some layers and straightening it a bit. Since it's super girly looking at the moment. So when I've got my stuff in I just look like Drag Queen Viral. Finally straightened out my teeth problem with him, even if denture cream is the single most disgusting thing anyone could ever put in their mouth. But I've got to sew up my scarf, which is currently in three pieces, dye my belts and cape and fit the mockup I made of his shirt, since it's kind of circus tent sized at the moment.
Animosity Cosplay
Friday:
Ms. Marvel [marvel comics]
Esmeralda [the hunch back of notre dame]
Saturday:
Super Sailor Neptune [sailor moon]
The Yeti [rave]

#115 User is offline   Sexy Kankurou 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10194

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:36 AM

View PostMugieloo, on Apr 12 2008, 01:55 PM, said:

So when I've got my stuff in I just look like Drag Queen Viral.

Y'do not.

And your scarf and cloak are supersexy. And soft.

As for me:

Miria: Done! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1459854/

Yeast: Done! Just need to put the whole thing on at once.

Kusuriuri: Well... It'll... I dyed the lining.... And I have the fabric, silk paint, finished hair pieces, and an unpainted sword... So. Obi!, Kimono paint!, Make the damn wig!... I was going to get more of it done last weekend, but my fake batik on the obi was a total failure and a waste of several hours. So screw that, I'm just going to freakin' paint the damn thing...

Silent Hill Nurse: Relatively recent addition... and 95% done: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1481863/

150% Great Wrath: Hahah!

Animosity Cosplay - We're only doing this because we hate you.
Animosity's Skits
Hetalia Tik Tok (This is also me)

#116 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:14 AM

I'm feeling better and better about R. Dorothy by the day! Went to Hot Topic yesterday and found a white powder foundation, the "Bloody Mary" variety I believe (some have said this isn't of the best quality, but I'm spending too much on other things already, and I'll work with it somehow. Improvisation is the mother of cosplay!!)
I also found a black slip and some black stockings. Unfortunately I STILL don't have the two main components done (dress and wig), but hopefully that'll be solved by this weekend. :D

As for Sakura, before Hot Topic I hit up JoAnn's one last time to get yellow paint for the star in the Star Wand, clay to make the two wings on the wand, even more pink ribbon for some finishing touches to the main dress and the shoes (they don't show the back of the dress or the shoes in the artbook pic, so I decided to get creative...*evil smile*), and black paint for the horns. I also still need to alter the cape, but before the week is over, Sakura WILL be 100% done! :lol:

#117 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:34 AM

Yay! Skirt has all pieces together and is pinned. All I really need to do now is elastic it and hem it. From there it isn't creation, just a ton of repairs >>;
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem

#118 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

I'm *finally* done with Schoolgirl Jupiter. Yes!!
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem

#119 User is offline   Shia 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17786

Post icon  Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Heh, many `a complications with my Sora cosplay.
1. Uni and I need to tailor the shirt so it fits me-I weigh 88, it makes me look 100..x3;;
2. The base pants I bought are too wide around the waist, and kind of look like the stereotypical "nerd"(Heh, I am one.) pants.
3. I still need to get my wig, let alone style it.
4. ...Aghh, mass chaos! DD:

せっけんをお持ちですか?
&Cosplays for `12: Girl Skylark [Homestuck]
&Chrona [Soul Eater]
Accompanied by Fairy Viska/Eruka from Homestuck/Soul Eater
" PeaceLoveHappiness "

#120 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

I've done it!! I've finished the Sakura cosplay, including the Star Wand, today!!! (huggles herself) Now it's just R. Dorothy left to tackle! (gets down to business)

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users