#61 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:58 AM

on my cosplay about 25% done
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#62 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:50 PM

1. Robin Sena = 95% or so. While it's my fave char, this cosplay story was a sad one. I actually had this commissioned LAST year, but unfortunately it didn't get mailed in time. :( But now I hope to finally premiere it this year. In the meantime I had taken myself to Burlington Coat Factory and, after a hellish 2 hours of searching, actually found a darn-near replica of her red trenchcoat buried in a rack--marked down repeatedly. :blink: Somebody up there wants me to cosplay.

After that was the matter of the necklace. I went to Wal-mart and bought molding clay and metallic paint, and it actually came out half-decent. Sadly it's broken now, and I wasn't 100% happy with the detailing anyway, so I'll start that from scratch. I actually thought the issue of her hair would be harder to solve than the necklace, but oh, the wonders of pipe cleaners. :lol:

I debated on whether to even make a second costume for '08, but finally told myself yes. Now what it actually IS, well...I did a complete 180, if not a 200. At first I wanted to do Yomiko Readman from Read or Die, but after recently getting addicted to "Big O" AND hearing that someone around here was going as Big O (the actual robot :blink: ), I decided to go as R. Dorothy Wayneright. That said...

2. R. Dorothy Wayneright = 0%. Just finding ref pics for her black dress is proving a challenge! (I even have a topic thread about this somewhere here...) Black stockings, black flat shoes, and a headband shouldn't be that hard, though. It's everything else that's worrying me. On top of that she has horribly pale skin, and I'm scrambling to find good make-up as well.

If someone decides to go as Roger Smith or Amon, my life will be complete... :D
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#63 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Simon (TTGL) is 45% done I just finished the drill/key necklace this evening. Almost done with the back of his jacket, and whenever I get my wonderflex in I'll work on the goggles. :) After that is the pants and shoes.

Lambo (KHR!) is still 75% done. Again when I get the wonderflex in I get to finish the horns. Then make the black jacket and find some tan pants.
Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#64 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

My Grimmjow's wig has arrived with awesome condition!!! XD
Now I gotta start making his costume!

#65 User is offline   Avianna 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8874

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:53 PM

Yukari Hayasaka (75%) - I'm really excited about this costume, its my first anime character. And I have other huge fans who I am gonna do some shoots with!
Steampunk Inventor (30%) - An original costume. I haven't made an original one since before I went into school for theatre.
Secret Silent Hill Costume (??) - I'm working on this one with a friend, so far he's done a bunch of it and I don't know how much until I go to see him and we finish it up!

#66 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:38 AM

Um, yeah, I changed my mind on being Naruto so now I'm going as Crisis Core Cloud Strife. I am now just getting the items together...that's sad. =.='' I really made up my mind at the last minute.
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2014:
Blue Exorcist: Rin

#67 User is offline   roboito90 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17377

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:46 PM

im goin as cloud too (advent children tho). im in way over my head and i dont care. im making the 6 swords so they actually combine thanks to the website of some guy who spent way too much time analyzing the swords. if anyone wants the site here u go. Analysis of Clouds 6 AC Swords . other than that im about 90%. im trying to get shoulder pad just right.

im praying to god the sword doesnt blow up in my face though so wish me luck

See you all at acen :D
Id have a sig up but god, the world, and the universe are all against me :(

#68 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

I now need boots and high heel shoes and the Chobits cosplay dress and I'm done. I just bought a pair of small black wings, stockings and a ring.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon) and Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) Friday and Saturday

#69 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

My cosplays have sadly hit a sudden stop as material I went thru hell to get have come up missing and "nobody" moved or touched or was even in the room to see where it went. I said if I find it I'll charge admission for people to see it because it has now spontaneously sprouted a pair of legs and is now walking around out there somewhere. :D Maaaaaattttteerrrial !! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME COME BAAAACCCK ... I NNNNEEEEDDD YOUUUU!!! :(

sorry :blush: I may have lost it there for a minute but I'm back :D
anyways....My Kikyo costume is nearly complete just need a wig. I'm starting my Blood+ costume any minute now. And as soon as i figure out how to adjust my 3rd costume to acen rules they'll be no stopping me Muwahhahahhaha!!! :blush: oops I...um.. yeah

Its hard making costumes when your the only one who psych about it and everyone else around you is like "blah blah yeah whatever do you have to do that?" :unsure: I think my fam hates me right now cause I guess I'm "disturbing" them in my search for the missing material and desire to finish these costumes. Oh well... :P I enjoy a challenge and when I finish that will make my victory all the more sweeter muwahaahahha!!!! B)

btw... :P hope you enjoyed my little freak out
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#70 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

View Postroboito90, on Mar 3 2008, 10:46 PM, said:

im goin as cloud too (advent children tho). im in way over my head and i dont care. im making the 6 swords so they actually combine thanks to the website of some guy who spent way too much time analyzing the swords. if anyone wants the site here u go. Analysis of Clouds 6 AC Swords . other than that im about 90%. im trying to get shoulder pad just right.

im praying to god the sword doesnt blow up in my face though so wish me luck

See you all at acen :D

Awesomeness. :D I got like 10% of it done, lol. I got meh scarf and the material for the belts. Yuppers...now, if I can find a toy rifle. =/ I have no luck with that much so far....and I need a brown nightstick. =.=
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2014:
Blue Exorcist: Rin

#71 User is offline   OmNefarious_05 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12081

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

L- Death Note: 99% done (just need to buy candy and pocky)

Ishida Uryuu- Bleach: 100% done

Jan Valentine- Hellsing: 75% done, need to find track pants, buy his hat, find fake machine guns, and add the stripes to jacket I have

Hatori Sohma- Fruits Basket: 90% done, just need lab coat gray vest and stethoscope

Power Ranger- 0%, I really need to start to cracking on this
Acen 2010 cosplay lineup: Byakuya Kuchki- Bleach, Stein- Soul Eater, Luffy- One Piece, Staraptor Gijinka- Pokemon

Twilight fans are the Scourge and Stephanie Meyer is the Lich King

#72 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostOmNefarious_05, on Mar 17 2008, 02:00 PM, said:

L- Death Note: 99% done (just need to buy candy and pocky)

Ishida Uryuu- Bleach: 100% done

Jan Valentine- Hellsing: 75% done, need to find track pants, buy his hat, find fake machine guns, and add the stripes to jacket I have

Hatori Sohma- Fruits Basket: 90% done, just need lab coat gray vest and stethoscope

Power Ranger- 0%, I really need to start to cracking on this

Finally! I was complaining on another topic thread that I didn't see ANY Ishida love last year. Which version are you going as?
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#73 User is offline   vkneko1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17513

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

My cosplays..well not even cosplays..
"Outfits" are like...not even close.. xDDD

I have like..1/2% done...a pair of shorts..WHICH I CAN'T EVEN FIND!
xDDDDD

So...yea.. >_>;;

Just wanted to rant that out. =P

#74 User is offline   HolmePeros 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9339

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Let me see...

Carbuncle (FFVIII) humanoid(and no it is not going to be just a skirt and belly button shirt like other creature cosplay. No offense to those I just don't care for them even though I did a moogle like that for my sis lol)- ANYWHO... I still haven't finished dying the stupid wig!! It's taken me so many hours and many many sharpies -_- I just went to the store being 2 more aqua sharpies and I was going to get three, but decided not to. So what happens, those two run out and are completely useless when I only need about a 1" by 5" section left. I thought I was going to finish too *tear*. I also need to get liquid latex to create a forehead and eyebrow area for the costume.

My maybe cosplays... I'm thinking about trying to finish my Red Death(Phantom of the Opera) cosplay and wearing it to ACEN just for fun 'cause I have no where else to wear it to and I really just want to walk around wearing it for a test drive ^_-. Then again I'm thinking of possible making a Carbuncle mascot heehee I haven't seen one and it would look so cute. I :heart: the little radioactive squirrel rabbity thing ^_^
Carbuncle for ACEN 08!

#75 User is offline   Hakuryu 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6035

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

Astharoshe Asran (Trinity Blood) 15% Yay, progress!! XDD I have the hat cut out and covered, I need to size it, glue the million and one things to it and finish it off with the two hanging beaded decorations. The jacket pattern is cut out and sewn, needs to be fitted. Thinking about buying a turtleneck for underneath the jacket. Need to buy my wig and boots! Ungh, ACen is getting so close...if I don't buy them soon shipping will take forever.

Esther Blanchett (Trinity Blood; AX) 95% complete. I just need to paint the back armor, make the gun holster, and make a petticoat for underneath the skirt.....still.

Sleepytime/Pajama Esther (Trinity Blood)
0% completed, still undecided if I'm going to go through with this one this year.
Cosplay 2010:

Grell Sutcliff Nurse version! [75%] Click for Sexy
Grell Sutcliff (black suit version) [80%]

Surprise costume! [100%]

"Even still, I'm a butler to die for~!"

My Facebook

#76 User is offline   OmNefarious_05 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12081

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Mar 17 2008, 03:12 PM, said:

Finally! I was complaining on another topic thread that I didn't see ANY Ishida love last year. Which version are you going as?

This is me at Reactor last year
Posted Image

I did get a Quincy glove and a new Quincy cross (I made mine in the pic) for x-mas so I plan on wearing both.
Acen 2010 cosplay lineup: Byakuya Kuchki- Bleach, Stein- Soul Eater, Luffy- One Piece, Staraptor Gijinka- Pokemon

Twilight fans are the Scourge and Stephanie Meyer is the Lich King

#77 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:50 AM

Whooo almost done with this coat! I just need to fasten it closed and make the shoulder belt, and it is 100% done!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Kur...n/faisleeve.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Kur...aibluecoat1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/Kur...aibluecoat2.jpg

I might be going to the store to get the stuff to finish it today.
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#78 User is offline   Hakuryu 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6035

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

Yay, I finally got something done by spending allllll day on it. XDD

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1449633/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1449634/
Cosplay 2010:

Grell Sutcliff Nurse version! [75%] Click for Sexy
Grell Sutcliff (black suit version) [80%]

Surprise costume! [100%]

"Even still, I'm a butler to die for~!"

My Facebook

#79 User is offline   RustyAngel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17403

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

This past weekend I started buying materials for my Ocarina of Time Princess Zelda cosplay. I've been practicing my embroidery/applique skills and I'm finally ready to start the real thing! Eep!

#80 User is offline   Kiirynil 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17593

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:47 PM

Wow o.o I'm only going as one person, all I can really afford to make right now. Plus, it's my first year ^.^

Kaname Kuran - Vampire Knight: 10% -I have all the materials and the fabric and whatnot to make the costume, since I'm hand-making it instead of buying the one off e-bay, I am just waiting until my spring break to actually put it together with the assistance of my generous grandmother ^.^
A-Cen 2009 Cosplay

Kaname Kuran: Vampire Knight - 100%

-Planning Others ^.^ -

#81 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16806

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

i always have to many cosplays when i go to conventions and only end up wearing one or two of them because i forget and get distracted by all the other things, lol. at one convention i even missed my photo shoot because i was wearing the wrong cosplay and forgot about it....

Saya~Blood+~ 10%. I need to order the wig, make the skirt, and get to my friends so her mom can sew the coat out of the cloth i bought. i finally found the right boots though! and i can't find any ash wood, or my dad and i would have made my sword already....

Envy~Fullmetal Alchemist~ 100%. i wore this to Youmacon 07' did anyone see me?! i think the hair is a little big....if you saw me you'd know what i mean,lol. i really love this cosplay, but i think the hair needs some help. my friend said it looks awesome, but it's kind of uncomfortable, and it's really in the way. but i'm wearing it anyway because it's hard-core!

Misa Amane~Death Note~ 91%. I'm not sure i'll actually do this because so many people cosplay her and i didn't make any of it myself. I bought the dress at hot topic along with the fishnets. i already had the arm warmers, and my hair's blonde, all i have to do is straighten it and put it in half pig tails. the boots are a problem because the ones at hot topic are expensive, for me any way, and i won't really wear them except at conventions. Even though i love misa's outfits, they're not really my style. i may just wear the purple dress anyway because it's so dang cute! (i'll make my own Death Note, though)

so that's that. anybody want to see pictures of my Envy cosplay? maybe you could help with the hair thing, if you could that would be awesome! sorry, i don't have a photo bucket because it won't load on my computer :P just give me your email and i'll send you a picture.
CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%
The Witch (Left 4 Dead) ~ 100%
Kyoko Sakura (Maho Shojo Madoka Magica) ~ 30%

#82 User is offline   fufuberry 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16806

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

just wondering...did anybody notice that nobody ever cosplays Sheik? i should do it next year, way to many costumes this year...
CoSpLaYs FoR 2o11:
Chie (Persona 4) ~ 100%
The Witch (Left 4 Dead) ~ 100%
Kyoko Sakura (Maho Shojo Madoka Magica) ~ 30%

#83 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

i keep changing who i want to cosplay!
DX
now its amulet clover from shugo chara!
ink ((school uniform)) from moe-tan
and i still dont know what or who to cosplay for my 3rd outfit.
this will all probably change though XD
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Elf - Dragon's Crown [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#84 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

View Postfufuberry, on Mar 24 2008, 09:19 PM, said:

just wondering...did anybody notice that nobody ever cosplays Sheik? i should do it next year, way to many costumes this year...

I would SO cosplay Sheik if it wasn't for the fact that it's a body suit. DDD: I vowed to never make one of those again. I love Sheik though.
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#85 User is offline   SFPrincess 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3900

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

As we speak, my husband is slicing, riveting, and all other crazy things for his epic Tyrael (Diablo 2) wings. We hope the costume is ready by ACEN, but if not I'll post pix. My costume, Refia of FF3, is 70% complete. The vest & dress are finished.

Cosplay is awsm!!!! :D
deviantART

7 Years of ACen...
ACen 2011 - Kairi, ACen 2010 - Misao & Aoshi, ACen 2009 - Xianghua & Kilik, ACen 2008 - Refia (Freelancer) & The Archangel Tyrael , ACen 2007 - Kagura Sohma & Finkle's Lava Dredger, ACen 2006 - Lady Magdaria & Prince of Persia, ACen 2005 - Beatrix & Edge

#86 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

Have to get a few more supplies: some black ribbon and some slipper type footwear ..Finish my ears and I'm done.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#87 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

Update!

Robin Sena = 100%. my new necklace is finally done! Yay!

R. Dorothy = *sigh* about 30%. I found a dress REALLY close to the design at a thrift store, but it's too small and the bottom skirt's all wrong. Now I'm wondering whether to alter it or just get a new one made. And I STILL need accessories!

new costume --> "Devilish" Sakura Kinomoto = I'd say also 30 percent. I'm halfway done with altering the main garment. It was formerly a priest's costume; all I had to do was take off the sleeves and cut the bottom hem into triangle shapes. However, there's still the white square on the collar I need to get rid of. I also messed up the tulle cape, so I gotta redo that. Then there's her mismatched stockings, the ribbons, the horns, shoes (and the ref pic doesn't even show them!) and the main prop: her Star Wand.

#88 User is offline   DaphHime 

• Registration
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 303

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

My Sa-chan wig came while I was away on break! And it's perfict! I also bought the black shorts. I just need to find a place that sells fishnet shirts (anybody know of any? Hot Topic was a no-go. :( ), finish the jacket, scarf, belt and arm warmers. It's about half-way done I'd say. ^^'

And sadly, I'm dropping Mikuru. :( I'm probably going to work on her over the summer for Youmacon or something. That'll show me to attempt two new costumes for ACen. :P

I'll probably replace Mikuru with Orihime though, since for that all I'll need to do is finish the skirt.
Acen Registration Staff 2010-???
Poss. cosplays: Marie (Soul Eater), Ukraine (Hetalia), Anri (DRRR!!), usual Gintama stuff.

Currently watching Soul Eater, Hetaila, Gintama, Durarara!!
Currently playing World of Warcraft (Sarhime/Syirens/Daphime (all Horde) @ Ravencrest if you want to look me up. :) )

Twitter//Facebook//Livejournal (friends only, but feel free to add!)

#89 User is offline   Crack Roxas 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11333

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

Er... I haven't even started. ^_^;

But yeah, I just got back from Anime St. Louis and I have like no voice.

Plus my feet still hurt.

-_-;;;

I DID get the fabric for the base of the tail.

RAWR.

The cosplay I'm making is in my sig.

:P

Going as Zangoose from Pokemon

#90 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

I'm still going for Vincent Valentine for my costume (85%....need to redo the buckles...and shoes....and cerberus...)

I pretty much changed my mind last minute about Dark Link. (i have....20% done) and switched to Edward Elric...(10%) AND NOW.....

....now i change my mind for the 2nd costume to Tifa D: (50%) (i pretty much have the top of my own...just need the odd combination of the shorts and the long skirt thing in the back)
~ACen 2014!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice)----Finished
~Pocahontas --------75%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS) --------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users